Monster Academy (OOC)

Mephistophelily

Crazy is...
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Posts
15,955
haunted-schools-300x223.jpg


This is a re-attempt at something Eazy and I started awhile back. Open to others! Please PM profiles if interested!

Monsters have gotten such a bum rap over the centuries. Everyone sees them as frightening, disturbing creatures... But all in all, they're simply misunderstood. It's hard to break yourself of the expected stereotype that people make of you, and even harder to stop them when you have your instincts going against you!

The Monster Academy is a creation of those misunderstood creatures so that their children can have a better attempt at fitting in. Seen as a College for Creatures, these unique students are taught how to blend in a bit better with human society, as well as how to control their monsterish tendencies.

The faculty is also made up of various members of the monster community, whether it be creatures as well or those who know them (For example, Dr Van Helsing, Dr Frankenstein, etc.) Of course, this also means a few of our dear teachers need to control their OWN natural instincts around their students...



The kids would have a great number of their parent's characteristics; for example, E's wolfman son has Dad's transformation and wolf tendencies... My Dracula daughter has a love of blood (but vegetarian most of the time...), interest in the night, and a total flirt.
------------
Here are some ideas that Eazy and I were bouncing around, if anyone wants to pull from them:
-Dr Van Helsing
-Toxie
-Dr Frankenstein

And a list of Monster Movies for inspiration:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_monster_movies



Roll Call as of 1/16:
Dracula's Daughter-Lily
Wolfman's Son -Eazy
Jekyll/ Hyde's son - Prince Truhan



if interested, please PM a profile:
Name:
Appearance:
Age:
Monster Parent:
Personality:
Bio:
Special Quirks/Interests:
Any Fave/Hated Subjects? (This will help people planning to take on teachers!)
 
Last edited:
Image
Name: Lenore "Lenni" Vladamir
Age: She goes with 21.
Monster Parent: Dracula.

Personality: Very outgoing-at night. During the day, she can be a bit sour and moody, sarcastic and easily frustrated. She'll try to flirt with everyone... except those who have a little too much garlic on their breath.

Bio: Lenni hates the fact her father dotes on her so much. He's very overprotective of her, saying he knows what's in a young monsterman's mind. She's not quite sure on who her mom is (Dad admits to being an "old school player", horrible words to hear coming out of that accented mouth) with the at least 3 women she has always known as Mom. Because of dad's polygamous ways, Lenore herself sees no problems with being open to anyone who catches her eye....

Her family life was a very questionable one. Since she was unsure as to which woman was actually her mother, she tended to search out other maternal influences, ending up relying more on television and other media as a proper idea on what she should be like. The examples made by everyone around her was a bit... lacking. Realizing her want for a June Cleaver mom was simply not going to happen, she decided to try the other end of the spectrum- Be like Dad. That didn't go over well either. She began hanging around the kids of some of dad's old friends, picking up some rather bad habits from them that dad certainly didn't appreciate... especially her developing interest in makeup and romance. How did she even expect to put the stuff on?! Her first few attempts came off rather horrific (a girl with no reflection has a hard time seeing what she's doing), but has made better progress in her use. Dracula, in typical fatherly fashion, began accusing her of over abusing the "vamp" of vampire.

"Learned it from you, dad."
That shut him up.

Special Quirks/Interests: Hates bright and shiny days, loves moonlit nights. Tends to carry a Parasol with her in the daytime. Absolutely HATES the school food... And has a rather love/hate relationship with her "Puppy".

Any Fave/Hated Subjects? Loves Human Biology. Hates Restraint 101.
 
Name: Ernest Jekyll/Harvey Hyde

Appearance: As Ernest he takes after the gentlemanly appearance of his father while (he wasn't under the effect of the drug) Ernest stands tall and has a thin frame, his hair and and eyes are dark brown while his skin looks rather pale.

When the transformation takes hold however he becomes more muscular and of smaller height, the features of his face become rugged, and his eyes turn into a very dark black.

Age: 21

Monster Parent: Henry Jekyll/Edward Hyde (he tried to find out exactly who, and they each did try to explain, but Henry kept blushing and Edward would get lost retelling stories no kid should hear from their father)

Bio: Being raised by such a bipolar father wasn't exactly easy, it went along alright when the personalities of father and son were matching, but at other times things got very tense.

All through his life Ernest/Harvey has tried to get his two sides to get along, but they are more diametrically opposed than those of his father. Luckily they seem to at least care for one another rather than being hellbent on mutual destruction.

While the shifts happen at random he also keeps vials of the formula his father created in case he needs to change, not only from his "good" side to the "evil" one but also the other way.

Personality: His personality depends on who is present at the time, while Ernest is more shy and silent, Harvey is loud and outspoken.

Special Quirks/Interests: A big quirk he has is his tendency to get lost in mental arguments with his other side, something he is trying to control. He has a passing interest in psychology to learn to reconcile his sides, and hates judgmental people (odds are great that he somewhere he has one of the traits they openly dislike)

Any Fave/Hated Subjects? While Ernest excels at restrain 101 (as long as Harvey doesn't decide to show) Harvey is very interested in "Subterfuge and how to cover your tracks"
 
Name: Edgar Talbot
Appearance: Human Form (Eyes are normally dark brown)
Werewolf
Age: 20
Monster Parent: Wolfman

Personality: A bit on the laid back side, albeit with a snarky edge to his humor and what could be considered anger issues (especially if pushed on days a full moon's coming out). Doesn't really try to seek out friends or companions, but also doesn't purposely keep others at arms length. When the moons rays are in effect, however, it tends to throw a hitch in these traits as his interests in others (which can range from basic hunger to feelings of being challenged) can become harder to ignore. But so long as he refrains from attempts at mauling his classmates or professors, things seem to work their way out.

Bio: Knowing of the curse placed upon his bloodline since childhood, it wasn't until reaching puberty that the change began showing itself within the young Talbot (as if acne wasn't bad enough at hurting ones social life). As such, he'd actually been one of the 'normal' kids for a time, but has since come to grudgingly accept his lot in life. And the transformations did allow for some (mostly) innocent late night fun, whenever he could slip away of his father long enough to indulge these new urges and instincts.

His father was understandably strict about his son learning to control that inner beast, and as such that protectiveness (both for his son's sake and those around him) resulted in Edgar growing less social while growing older. Over time, this caution was somewhat instilled within the young man, albeit without being near the extreme that his old man's overprotective and watchful eye tended to take it. As a result of how the curse affected Edgar in dealing with people in regular school, the academy is perhaps the first real return to a normal school life since it became clear that the bite of the wolf wouldn't skip his generation. 'Normal, of course, being a relative term given the student body and their lecturers.

Special Quirks/Interests: Edgar's conflicted about moonlit nights, as they have an invigorating effect upon his unique body, but also mean he needs to try harder at keeping himself under control. He's also fairly fidgety during long classes, not really being one who enjoys remaining crammed in one place for too long. Whether it's a result of his other sides nature or the simple wandering mind of a young man is anyone's guess.

Any Fave/Hated Subjects? Dislikes any subject which usually involves a lot of sitting around. Somewhat enjoys Restraint 101 due to earlier mentioned reasons, but even that can be boring a lot of the time.
 
I was tempted to do either a Invisible Girl or a Creation.

by Creation, I mean like Frankenstien's monster.. but cuter.
 
I was tempted to do either a Invisible Girl or a Creation.

by Creation, I mean like Frankenstien's monster.. but cuter.

Those neck bolts would make for good handlebars....

*clears throat* Er, either of those would be great. I was hoping somebody would take up the part of a newer Frankenstein monster in particular, but an Invisible Girl also opens up a lot of interesting possibilities.
 
Those neck bolts would make for good handlebars....

*clears throat* Er, either of those would be great. I was hoping somebody would take up the part of a newer Frankenstein monster in particular, but an Invisible Girl also opens up a lot of interesting possibilities.

Pull too hard, it might fall off.
BAD way to give head.
 
I was tempted to do either a Invisible Girl or a Creation.

by Creation, I mean like Frankenstien's monster.. but cuter.

Damn I was thinking about creating an invisible man. Maybe I'll create a mummy?
 
Last edited:
Name:
Brett Carey​
Appearance: Pic
6 foot even ... when normal. Can shrink to 6 inches or grow to 30 feet.

Gray-blue eyes; fit muscular build.​
Age: 20
Because of his upbringing, he is very naive and inexperienced with social interactions. So, he doesn't have the experiences and knowledge of a typical 20 year old, particularly concerning girls!
Monster Parent:
Father: Scott Carey (aka The Incredible Shrinking Man)
Mother: Nancy (Fowler Archer) Carey (aka The 50 Foot Woman)​
Personality:
Soft spoken, shy.​
Bio:
After his mother and father were cured of their particular problems, they met, married, and had Brett. They hoped he would not have any of their special abilities. Too bad, so sad.

When he was young, he would shrink when he was scared. As he aged into his early teens, he began growing when he got angry. Neither ability was controllable in the beginning, and -- while today he can do both on command -- he still suffers involuntary changes when his emotions are heightened quickly.​
Special Interests:
Girls! Brett is a virgin and wants to change that, but he is so desperately shy that any time he gets excited around a girl, he gets scared, and he shrinks; and any time someone teases him about it (or anything else) he grows.​
Any Fave/Hated Subjects?
He grew up on a vast ranch far away from the public, so he loves any classes having to do with nature, natural science, animal husbandry, and the like. He likes geography and world history as well, seeing how he never knew anything but the ranch.

He hasn't found a class he doesn't like yet, but he's only been at the Academy for a few days, so ... we'll see.​
 
just sent meph an idea for a char. as a son/daughter/experiment (n yes, all -three- will be appropriate... xD) of Dr. F. Think it'll be interesting. She did say pm first though, so waiting before I do a CS.
 
Also. You could totally do a tentacle monster. Like a Medusa offspring type of deal? Or kraken raped a nymph and it's seed took.
 
Lily's going through a few things in her personal life at the moment, so if anyone interested can send their ideas and profiles my way instead, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully if we can get one or two more people (preferably female, for numbers sake) with finished profiles to join up, then we can start this thread soonish.

just sent meph an idea for a char. as a son/daughter/experiment (n yes, all -three- will be appropriate... xD) of Dr. F. Think it'll be interesting. She did say pm first though, so waiting before I do a CS.

Sounds interesting, to say the least, but I'm intrigued. Just send your profile and/or ideas my way whenever possible and we can work it out from there. :cool:
 
So, I posted a profile above and I wanted to first ask if it was approved and second ask if we had an IC thread yet.
 
So, I posted a profile above and I wanted to first ask if it was approved and second ask if we had an IC thread yet.

Well, you were supposed to PM the profiles to us first, so I initially assumed you had done so with Lily and she'd already approved. That said? It looks solid, so you're good to go. *thumbs up*

And there's no IC thread at the moment. We'll bump the OOC with a link for everybody to follow when that happens, which will hopefully be sooner then later now.
 
I am tinkering with a "Creation" girl.. so the Invisible person is open.

I will try to have something up soon.
 
I would also like to write one or more of the teachers, assuming you're allowing that. I actually have a background in teaching, so it won't be a stretch. And since I taught middle school and high school students, even the monster part won't be a stretch. :D

Let me know.
 
It's sent Eazy. xD Hope it strikes true. If so i'll put what I sent you here.
 
My idea fills a dream fer mad doctors. My character's name is Chris. They are five foot seven, long red hair in a ponytail, usually dressed in very baggy clothes. Chris Mcdonnough is just some rich monster's kid that is brave, but shy and could be male, or female. They stay out of the spotlight. Chris goes by hir mothers last name, not hir father's.


Name: Chris McDonnough
Appearance: Young, androgynous. Always wears baggy clothing. An anarchist earring hangs from one ear, the caduceus in the other. Deep, natural red hair, down to the middle of her back. Emerald green eyes, a dusting of freckles. Seems to dress goth. It is the best way to mingle, the ulntimate place to be unnoticed.
Age:19
Monster Parent: maybe Dr. Frankenstein, maybe some other mad scientist, only the headmaster has an idea and hir mother never said.
Personality: Smart, shy but curious. Very loyal. If you get hir mad, you will likely not recognize hir. You might think it was a brother or sister of hir though.
Bio: A bit of a mystery. Secretive being trying to just fit in but rather shy when arriving for the first time.

Special Quirks/Interests: all things science, life studies. Like hir father they like to tinker, experiment. To an extent, topping hir father is a goal that hir father shares for hir. Smart, dedicated, hates idiots, but not the best with people. At first. Til they realize that here hir secret isn't so odd... and people might really like Hir.
Any Fave/Hated Subjects? (This will help people planning to take on teachers!)They dislike anything gym related, anything that gets them out of baggy clothing and teamwork. As said above they love anything livin. And goth music. It is actually good. Though theyd not admit it to the Goth crowd, they like other stuff too though.
 
Last edited:
I would also like to write one or more of the teachers, assuming you're allowing that. I actually have a background in teaching, so it won't be a stretch. And since I taught middle school and high school students, even the monster part won't be a stretch. :D

Let me know.

Which type of teacher did you have in mind? A Dr. Van Helsing type could be fun, when it comes to needing somebody to teach 'Restraint 101' and help keep those 'monsterly' urges in line.

But, yeah, in general the staff and faculty of the university are viewed as NPC's that can be jointly controlled or played as within reason. So we're definitely open to it. *nods*
 
Back
Top