VA friends

Nova Driving!

So be completely honest with me, fellow NOVA drivers.

What is more exhilarating, a dirty all-nighter with your SO, or EZPass Express?

After sitting in another 8 mile I-66 backup coming in from jobs in Aldie, Oakton, Chantilly etc today (Saturday for Gods sake!) I was somehow able to slide over to the Express lane. Nearly creamed my shorts flying in doing 80 while everyone else sat still in the heat. OMG. Just thinking about it.

Next is trying to find a better way to merge onto 495 off the Toll Road at 5pm. Been trying Chain Bridge but so has everyone else.
 
Born in Hampton...spent time in Isle of Wight (Titus Creek). Moved to Prince William County (Independent Hill). Moved to Ohio in 1985. Came back to Manassas in 2006 for vacation, thought I could navigate 234, ha ha ha ha ha I got so lost! It went from field and woods to buildings and new roads! Still proud to tell people I am from Virginia. Lost my accent y'all, but it comes back when I am drinking!!

I drive by Titus creek all of the time....I live out in Rushmere..... live about a stones throw from the James.....
 
I have some good memories there, my fraternal grandparents lived there (dead now). I used to go to the park which used to be a Nike Missile battery. I also remember the "old" James River Bridge ...we went over it one time a bad storm was coming in and the waves were coming up over the bridge!
 
So here is a question. As the thread starter, I never imagined, moving away from VA, but I am. Moving to Las Vegas, guess I will just have to check in every now and again. Can't post anymore, lol.
 
Well that is a bit of a quandry.

Hmmm well after a few blissful days of not much rain looks like we may be in for it today.
 
Went to college at Virginia tech and settled in Blacksburg.

I went there for my Masters, got out, many of my friends never left. Its a great place but it started to feel like a gravity well for me. Had to run all the way to OSU for doctoral work to get Blacksburg out of my system. I have a lot of great memories there and some unbelievable stories too.
 
Hi Skip in Aldie, VA However my cell is in DC area code i.e. 202

HaHa I have six jobs in/around Aldie right now. I have to go to Frederick to get around DC to get home in less than 2 hours. NOVA traffic is the worst on the planet.
 
heading South

703 here living the great life in the I95 parking lot on a Friday night after an early afternoon ballgame collides with get away traffic heading to VA Beach and points South...
 
Well looks like it's going to be raining all weekend in the 540 valley.... Oh well good weather for being lazy... I think I'll take advantage of it
 
beautiful day and we WON

from 202 --> 703 the weather was great and the rain just cleaned things up a bit. NATS won with three HR's. I finished posting my story in my new Playground thread so all is right with the world. :)
DJ
 
Back
Top