DGO's New Unthread!

OMG, I just saw pictures of the statue of Donald Trump! He's naked!!! Apparently these statues have appeared in several cities. Someone has a wicked sense of humor.
I hope the statue isn't anatomically correct. Of course he'd say, "I have a grower, not a shower."

Well I made it thru another week. You were So right.. Lost another friend but this one I cut off and blocked. She was the one wanting to get in here and grab stuff to "help me" by selling them on line or borrowing stuff that I know she's not going to give back. Little Miss Thang crossed the line on pushy by speaking for me to one of her patients who is one of my veterans. She sent me a few texts about how he was gonna have his church help me. (This man & his wife have my number & can call directly if this was real. Plus their church has many members who need that help even more then I do) Then she started texting links to apartments I can't move into. A 3rd floor walk up apartment.... With 2 rebuilt Achilles tendons?? Seriously. I asked her to stop again and she wouldn't, then got mouthy at me about I'm hurting her feelings and this is ALL my fault. If I don't want help then I shouldn't ask for it. I blocked that bitch not just Facebook but cell as well and let her partner know so there was no surprises when she got home.

I called my veteran and spoke with his wife & apologized for what ever Miss Thang had said. Turns out she had been telling them all sorts of stories about me. Plus they've had issues with her doing the same thing with helping them by selling stuff on line but they've never seen any money from it.

Well I made it thru another week. You were So right.. Lost another friend but this one I cut off and blocked. She was the one wanting to get in here and grab stuff to "help me" by selling them on line or borrowing stuff that I know she's not going to give back. Little Miss Thang crossed the line on pushy by speaking for me to one of her patients who is one of my veterans. She sent me a few texts about how he was gonna have his church help me. (This man & his wife have my number & can call directly if this was real. Plus their church has many members who need that help even more then I do) Then she started texting links to apartments I can't move into. A 3rd floor walk up apartment.... With 2 rebuilt Achilles tendons?? Seriously. I asked her to stop again and she wouldn't, then got mouthy at me about I'm hurting her feelings and this is ALL my fault. If I don't want help then I shouldn't ask for it. I blocked that bitch not just Facebook but cell as well and let her partner know so there was no surprises when she got home.

I called my veteran and spoke with his wife & apologized for what ever Miss Thang had said. Turns out she had been telling them all sorts of stories about me. Plus they've had issues with her doing the same thing with helping them by selling stuff on line but they've never seen any money from it.

Good for you! Sometimes we just have to cut some people out of our lives. I think we could put her in the group of TOXIC people.

Good for you! Sometimes we just have to cut some people out of our lives. I think we could put her in the group of TOXIC people.

I felt so much better today. Less stress from her throwing PMs, texts and calls on stupid stuff like the 3rd story apartment. She sent that 2 or 3 times.

I didn't get much done except my Honor Flight calls and a nap once it hit over 100 feels like outside and more inside. Plus I stopped at a local independent game store chain to see if they would be interested in some Xbox retail display stuff before I trash it. Tomorrow is laundry and Friday Flag Wave.

Hope your week has been better then mine.

I felt so much better today. Less stress from her throwing PMs, texts and calls on stupid stuff like the 3rd story apartment. She sent that 2 or 3 times.

I didn't get much done except my Honor Flight calls and a nap once it hit over 100 feels like outside and more inside. Plus I stopped at a local independent game store chain to see if they would be interested in some Xbox retail display stuff before I trash it. Tomorrow is laundry and Friday Flag Wave.

Hope your week has been better then mine.

I live on the 10th floor, but there are no steps that I must use. I have an emergency plan if I have to evacuate the building, but I hope it never comes to that.

There are townhouse apartments in the building with 2 floors, but I didn't bother to look at them knowing I didn't want any stairs!!!

My week hasn't been bad. Somehow I missed a new release from a favorite author. It's a cozy mystery and the detective is an elderly retired teacher. I got the first book free and bought the others immediately! Myrtle Clover is hilarious! I'll probably finish the book tomorrow.....the problem is that I rarely read one book at a time.

I live on the 10th floor, but there are no steps that I must use. I have an emergency plan if I have to evacuate the building, but I hope it never comes to that.

There are townhouse apartments in the building with 2 floors, but I didn't bother to look at them knowing I didn't want any stairs!!!

My week hasn't been bad. Somehow I missed a new release from a favorite author. It's a cozy mystery and the detective is an elderly retired teacher. I got the first book free and bought the others immediately! Myrtle Clover is hilarious! I'll probably finish the book tomorrow.....the problem is that I rarely read one book at a time.

That's been a huge help since the down time with the shoulder increased and then post surgery too. I'm going thru a book or 2 a day. Most afternoons when it gets too jot I here it's read while packed on ice in the fans till I fall asleep.

That's been a huge help since the down time with the shoulder increased and then post surgery too. I'm going thru a book or 2 a day. Most afternoons when it gets too jot I here it's read while packed on ice in the fans till I fall asleep.

If you like mysteries, try the Myrtle Clover books by Elizabeth Spann Craig.

Pretty Is As Pretty Dies (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #1)
Progressive Dinner Deadly (A Myrtle Clover Mystery #2)
A Dyeing Shame (A Myrtle Clover Mystery #3)
A Body in the Backyard (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #4)
Death at a Drop-In (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #5)
A Body at Book Club (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #6)
Death Pays a Visit (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #7)
A Body at Bunco (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #8)
Murder On Opening Night (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #9)
Cruising For Murder (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #10)

Today is Belka and Strelka Launch Day? On August 19, 1960, Russia launched Sputnik 5, which carried the dogs Belka and Strelka, along with a gray rabbit, 40 mice, 2 rats, and 15 flasks of fruit flies and plants. It was the first spacecraft to carry animals into orbit and safely return them. One of Strelka's pups, Pushinka, bred and born after her mission, was given as a present to Caroline Kennedy by Nikita Khrushchev in 1961, and many descendants are known to exist.

I remember this from the news, newspapers and of course the Weekly Reader!

If you like mysteries, try the Myrtle Clover books by Elizabeth Spann Craig.

Pretty Is As Pretty Dies (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #1)
Progressive Dinner Deadly (A Myrtle Clover Mystery #2)
A Dyeing Shame (A Myrtle Clover Mystery #3)
A Body in the Backyard (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #4)
Death at a Drop-In (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #5)
A Body at Book Club (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #6)
Death Pays a Visit (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #7)
A Body at Bunco (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #8)
Murder On Opening Night (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #9)
Cruising For Murder (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #10)
Thx.
I added a couple samples into my Kindle list.
I'm laying here sore as hell. Managed a load of laundry, dishes, some sorting and breakfast but dang I'm hurting and sore.

Thx.
I added a couple samples into my Kindle list.
I'm laying here sore as hell. Managed a load of laundry, dishes, some sorting and breakfast but dang I'm hurting and sore.

I know the feeling! I spilled my coffee and don't have the energy to mop it up. I have to get it done so I can get my grocery order tomorrow.

Do you get any of the emails for free and inexpensive books? I usually grab a few free ones each week. I also use Library Thing to catalog the books I've read. They have a program called Early Reviewers and I've been lucky enough to get a lot of free books in exchange for a review. I have 3 books to read now, but 2 are children's books, so that won't take long. Oh, these are all hard backs. I give the children's books away, much to the delight of the kids.

I know the feeling! I spilled my coffee and don't have the energy to mop it up. I have to get it done so I can get my grocery order tomorrow.

Do you get any of the emails for free and inexpensive books? I usually grab a few free ones each week. I also use Library Thing to catalog the books I've read. They have a program called Early Reviewers and I've been lucky enough to get a lot of free books in exchange for a review. I have 3 books to read now, but 2 are children's books, so that won't take long. Oh, these are all hard backs. I give the children's books away, much to the delight of the kids.

Since a year ago when I killed my Blackberry & needed a new smarter then me phone, I've been able to get a lot of free books on the kindle app. Then I've also found apps that let me scan bar codes for products & get points while I am in a store. So for an extra 10 minutes or so, I scan points on 2 apps & take the points to use for Amazon gift cards & that feeds me reading habit along with the free books from Book Bub emails every day.

I've never done any reviews. I usually just jump to the next book around the packing here & my Honor Flight calls. I'm one of the few who can easily do cold calls to my older veterans and I have a faster turn around on getting things done.

Since a year ago when I killed my Blackberry & needed a new smarter then me phone, I've been able to get a lot of free books on the kindle app. Then I've also found apps that let me scan bar codes for products & get points while I am in a store. So for an extra 10 minutes or so, I scan points on 2 apps & take the points to use for Amazon gift cards & that feeds me reading habit along with the free books from Book Bub emails every day.

I've never done any reviews. I usually just jump to the next book around the packing here & my Honor Flight calls. I'm one of the few who can easily do cold calls to my older veterans and I have a faster turn around on getting things done.

Several writers told me that the number of reviews help move their book up in the searches. It doesn't matter how long it is, just submit a review. I'm getting better, but I'm behind.

It has to be confessed that the minister was rather long-winded.

During his sermon a young wife of the congregation remembered that she had left the Sunday dinner in the gas range without regulating the flame. She hastily wrote a note and slipped it to her husband, who was an usher.

He, thinking it was for the minister, calmly walked up and laid it on the pulpit.
The minister paused, took the note with a smile, which turned into a terrific frown as he read, "Please hurry home and shut off the gas."

Tiddly Winks for EroticRomanticMan

When I was teaching, I used made-up silly words to use with the kids. It started years earlier to keep from using profanity. One of my favorite phrases was, ‘oh tiddly winks’. One day one of the kids in my home room asked me about the word. No one had ever played the game. I brought one in the next day and taught them how to play. I let them play all period! At lunch time a group of boys asked me if they could use the game. Sure, why not?

After lunch the assistant principal paid me a visit. “Your boys had everyone crowded around their table watching them play Tiddly Winks.” They had turned it into a basketball game, complete with a scorer! This went on for several weeks. A Viet Namese father even came to school to ask me where he could buy one for his son! I was teaching 8th grade in an urban magnet middle school! Even now, they remember the game and a few bought it for their kids.

This brought a big smile to my face! Very good DGO!!!
Tiddly Winks for EroticRomanticMan

When I was teaching, I used made-up silly words to use with the kids. It started years earlier to keep from using profanity. One of my favorite phrases was, ‘oh tiddly winks’. One day one of the kids in my home room asked me about the word. No one had ever played the game. I brought one in the next day and taught them how to play. I let them play all period! At lunch time a group of boys asked me if they could use the game. Sure, why not?

After lunch the assistant principal paid me a visit. “Your boys had everyone crowded around their table watching them play Tiddly Winks.” They had turned it into a basketball game, complete with a scorer! This went on for several weeks. A Viet Namese father even came to school to ask me where he could buy one for his son! I was teaching 8th grade in an urban magnet middle school! Even now, they remember the game and a few bought it for their kids.

Thanks! There are so many opportunities to enrich the lives of students, but unfortunately the focus on test scores won't always allow for days like this.

Don't get me started on standardized tests!! Hey have you been to any national science teachers conferences?

Good Morning and a ~~~>
643697606-happy-wednesday-comments.jpg

Have you ever wondered why A, B, C, D, DD, E , F, G, and H are the letters used to define bra sizes?

If you have wondered why, but couldn't figure out what the letters stood for, it is about time you became informed!

{A} Almost Boobs.
{B} Barely there.
{C} Can't Complain.
{D} Dang!
{DD} Double dang!
{E} Enormous!
{F} Fake.
{G} Get a Reduction.
{H} Help me, I've fallen and I can't get up!

Back