Any volunteer editors please ?

wonderer4

Virgin
Dear phorum many greetings . Happy to be here .
So , my request is for an editor who would help me to make my first epic/scifi/fiction story more presentable . I must admit that i have some vocabulary and grammar issues .

The story that i have in "raw" form and not finished yet has the elements of a scifi fantasy , magic ,swords ,battles and demon creatures . The plot has also lesbian content maybe some sexual fights and lesbian seduction .

My intension is to write the first " pilot "chapter , if things go well and the readers are satisfied there will be more , if not , well the journey will end before it starts .

That's all dear editors , if an editor wants to offer a "helping hand " please contact me .

With every respect to you all
Wonderer 4 !

Last edited:
You're not really looking for an editor, I think, so much as a co-writer. And you are indeed asking a lot of a person -- helping with grammar, vocabulary, plot, characters, etc. -- although there might be someone out there who'd like to take on the project.

Most editors, I think -- even us non-professional, volunteer editors -- would want to see a story closer to its finished form.

Good luck, though.

Yep, someone to help you write is a coauthor, not an editor. An editor helps to polish and standarize what you've already written and polished to the best of your abilities.

You're not really looking for an editor, I think, so much as a co-writer. And you are indeed asking a lot of a person -- helping with grammar, vocabulary, plot, characters, etc. -- although there might be someone out there who'd like to take on the project.

Most editors, I think -- even us non-professional, volunteer editors -- would want to see a story closer to its finished form.

Good luck, though.

Hey people first of all thanks for the replies . Maybe i didn't make myself clear and i'm very sorry about that. I don't want someone to help me with the plot . I don't need help with the characters or a co -writer.
when i write "help" i mean somebody to polish the story and correct any vocabulary or grammar mistakes . I hope i made myself clearer .
Thanks again

According to your original posting, you're asking someone to buy into a dream you already have in detail and then to fix it up to post under your name. Hope you find that someone.

According to your original posting, you're asking someone to buy into a dream you already have in detail and then to fix it up to post under your name. Hope you find that someone.

Dear sr71plt , there's no need to be so agressive . I 've got you message , you're not interested .

Dear sr71plt , there's no need to be so agressive . I 've got you message , you're not interested .

Not trying to be aggressive. Trying to help you absorb how your OP came across (and may still be what you want) to at least two editors responding.

I did genuinely wish you luck in finding someone to invest that much effort and their own work into your dream in a story being posted under your name. There may be some folks around here interested in doing that.

Last edited:
Not trying to be aggressive. Trying to help you absorb how your OP came across (and may still be what you want) to at least two editors responding.

I did genuinely wish you luck in finding someone to invest that much effort and their own work into your dream in a story being posted under your name. There may be some folks around here interested in doing that.

Why do they call it being bitchy when guys are so much better at it?

In case you didn't know - Pilot isn't part of the editors programme here - he just likes to post here telling everyone how much better he is than them. Just so's you don't think we're all at that level of assholier-than-thou, if you like I'll look at it for you. I have a couple of stories I'm already going over, so I can't promise a fast turnaround, and I'd be the first to admit that I have no editing qualifications at all, but if you like messing about with words and you've put yourself out on the creaky limb that is this forum, then I think you deserve a bit more than some world-class passive aggression from a never-was, masquerading as a has-been :)

You can find my VE profile by searching under "Languages accepted" and entering "Fegg"

Why do they call it being bitchy when guys are so much better at it?

In case you didn't know - Pilot isn't part of the editors programme here - he just likes to post here telling everyone how much better he is than them. Just so's you don't think we're all at that level of assholier-than-thou, if you like I'll look at it for you. I have a couple of stories I'm already going over, so I can't promise a fast turnaround, and I'd be the first to admit that I have no editing qualifications at all, but if you like messing about with words and you've put yourself out on the creaky limb that is this forum, then I think you deserve a bit more than some world-class passive aggression from a never-was, masquerading as a has-been :)

You can find my VE profile by searching under "Languages accepted" and entering "Fegg"

The OP commented that the story was in raw form and not yet written. PL gave the first response. SR agreed. Neither held aggression. Yours does. :rolleyes:

Anyone may respond to a post on the EF, not just those who are on the VE list.

Having their name on that list doesn't mean someone has editing knowledge or experience. Just like someone with that experience and knowledge isn't required to be a VE before helping others.

The OP commented that the story was in raw form and not yet written. PL gave the first response. SR agreed. Neither held aggression. Yours does. :rolleyes:

Anyone may respond to a post on the EF, not just those who are on the VE list.

Having their name on that list doesn't mean someone has editing knowledge or experience. Just like someone with that experience and knowledge isn't required to be a VE before helping others.

True - but I didn't see anything in the post that was asking for someone to finish the story - Only that it wasn't finished. The impression I got was that the OP was looking for some help polishing the thing up at such time as it was finished. I could be wrong about that, but I didn't find the comments that were offered either sincere or constructive. Pilot's your mate so I guess you're inclined to read his comments in a favourable light, whereas I think he's a bit up his own arse and I interpret what he says in that light.

Either way, I think the OP deserved a better response than he/she got so my offer to look over their story remains open.

I get what you're saying about anyone being free to respond to posts in this forum, but I put it to you that people who hang around on an Editors forum [whether or not that title is deserved] just to slag off the VE programme and prospective users of it, is pretty much inviting ridicule. After all, the best defence against naysayers is to laugh at them, wouldn't you say?

Wow, Bert. You've got such a hurt puppy hard on that you dredged up a year-old thread to attack me? Kwell. :D

It's true I'm not a VE here--wouldn't want to be included in that category, since it invites self-important quacks and easily misleads a writer on what they think they are getting. It isn't true that I don't do editing for folks on Literotica, and in your trot through the back file on this forum, you should have run into instances where I have. And I do even more than reported here without trumpeting that I'm doing it.

It's also true, though, that I don't do much editing here or run behind the ambulance looking for business. I'm here to write stories (and, ahem, am on the top-ten list of prolific authors on Literotica). There's no reason why anyone should expect me to edit here.

I'm also a professional editor, so coming here to edit would be a busman's holiday. I make editing guidance comments here to help writers navigate the publishing world, not to run them down--and when I comment on stories on the Feedback Forum (which I haven't seen you do), I more often am defending maintaining their own perfectly fine voice and techniques rather than falling under the spell of quacks who have no more knowledge of the art of writing than they do. Not doing a lot of editing here doesn't decrease my knowledge of editing one iota (just as your doing editing here doesn't increase your knowledge of editing one iota).

Good luck in hearing from someone who posted in September 2013 a need for someone to do half of the writing work for them in addition to the editing.

And I feel quite flattered that you are so upset (defensive and feeling guilty?) that you've delved this far back into the file history to form an attack on me. :D

By the way, the title of this forum is "Editor's Forum," not "Volunteer Editor's Forum," and I'm willing to bet that I have more knowledge and experience on editing to be here and post here than you do.

Last edited:
Wow, Bert. You've got such a hurt puppy hard on that you dredged up a year-old thread to attack me? Kwell. :D

It's true I'm not a VE here--wouldn't want to be included in that category, since it invites self-important quacks and easily misleads a writer on what they think they are getting. It isn't true that I don't do editing for folks on Literotica, and in your trot through the back file on this forum, you should have run into instances where I have. And I do even more than reported here without trumpeting that I'm doing it.

It's also true, though, that I don't do much editing here or run behind the ambulance looking for business. I'm here to write stories (and, ahem, am on the top-ten list of prolific authors on Literotica). There's no reason why anyone should expect me to edit here.

I'm also a professional editor, so coming here to edit would be a busman's holiday. I make editing guidance comments here to help writers navigate the publishing world, not to run them down--and when I comment on stories on the Feedback Forum (which I haven't seen you do), I more often am defending maintaining their own perfectly fine voice and techniques rather than falling under the spell of quacks who have no more knowledge of the art of writing than they do. Not doing a lot of editing here doesn't decrease my knowledge of editing one iota (just as your doing editing here doesn't increase your knowledge of editing one iota).

Good luck in hearing from someone who posted in September 2013 a need for someone to do half of the writing work for them in addition to the editing.

And I feel quite flattered that you are so upset (defensive and feeling guilty?) that you've delved this far back into the file history to form an attack on me. :D

Maybe I should have checked the date - I didn't realise there was a statute of limitations on assholery. I noticed that the OP had finished his story and whilst checking him or her out, I also noticed they'd posted previously and been given a shabby reception, so I opted to post to that [this] thread, because really it was your snide comments that persuaded me to offer them a hand.

I don't claim to know anything about editing either. Nor do I claim to - I wrote my VE profile before I ever read your pontificating on the subject - on the other hand I can generally give a story back to its author in a better condition than I got it. That doesn't make me an editor, we're in complete agreement here, but I still think someone like me, who likes to play around with language is better for the people who post here than someone like you who prefers to point out all the faults they can see while doing nothing to make the place any better. If someone comes here with a first attempt and gets laughed off the site then they might never try again. I think that's kind of sucky - will it really ruin your day to either say something positive or if that's not possible then keep your opinions to yourself?

True - but I didn't see anything in the post that was asking for someone to finish the story - Only that it wasn't finished. The impression I got was that the OP was looking for some help polishing the thing up at such time as it was finished. I could be wrong about that, but I didn't find the comments that were offered either sincere or constructive. Pilot's your mate so I guess you're inclined to read his comments in a favourable light, whereas I think he's a bit up his own arse and I interpret what he says in that light.

Either way, I think the OP deserved a better response than he/she got so my offer to look over their story remains open.

I get what you're saying about anyone being free to respond to posts in this forum, but I put it to you that people who hang around on an Editors forum [whether or not that title is deserved] just to slag off the VE programme and prospective users of it, is pretty much inviting ridicule. After all, the best defence against naysayers is to laugh at them, wouldn't you say?

PL replied to the OP first. Why not address your comments to her, then? You chose his post and ignored hers, which says a lot right there.

I think he was trying to instruct me in how to do assholery right. :D

Think you're going to have to do better than this, Bert. But, yes, I think you're showing that there are no limits on assholery. I also think you've been reading my history of posts on editorial issues with purposeful blinders on. I've given a boatload of editorial help on this board, including quite a few tutorials on "best practice" and word usage. There's been no evidence on this forum of what, if anything, you're capable doing.

Just suck it up and stop being so pissy.

Last edited:
Oh, LC, you were doing so well. Just had to stick your nose in, didn't you?--actually to illustrate yourself what you posted. The Editor's Forum is mostly functioning as a useful clearing house. You could help by not lighting flames where you have no business.

Oh, LC, you were doing so well. Just had to stick your nose in, didn't you?--actually to illustrate yourself what you posted. The Editor's Forum is mostly functioning as a useful clearing house. You could help by not lighting flames where you have no business.

What flames am I lighting? I'm making an observation. There is a lot of snark in a forum where people come looking for help, doesn't give a very friendly feel to it.

But I'll bite, what are you clearing up? The rabble that comes here looking for help? :rolleyes:

Doesn't really matter who is right or wrong in the arguments here, point is there are arguments all the time here hence less traffic as time goes by.

As for where I have business? The only business I see going on here is business as usual

Some one asks for something.

PL responds in a decent manner. You respond in your usual tactless manner sounding aloof whether you mean to or not (maybe you don't and its just your way, typed words cannot convey tone)

Then Bert says something snarky about your tone.

Then ML takes your side as usual.

This is a very predictable pattern here with the only thing changing who you are snarking with. This time its Bert sometimes its Ladyver.....

But feel free to continue puffing yourself up and acting like you have more business here than anyone else because fact is your attitude of this is "your forum" is why its in the shitter.

The Editor's Forum serves the intended purpose of giving authors a place to ask for and/or reply to requests for editing help.

And its a great purpose, but it rarely seems to stay at that, is my point.

If you walked up to a help desk and stood there and listened to the people there argue and snipe would you wait and ask for help or roll your eyes and walk away?

Pot/Kettle. Knew you couldn't desist for very long, LC. :D

Go soak your head and fight your own demons--and look to your own posting behavior.

What flames am I lighting? I'm making an observation. There is a lot of snark in a forum where people come looking for help, doesn't give a very friendly feel to it.

But I'll bite, what are you clearing up? The rabble that comes here looking for help? :rolleyes:

Doesn't really matter who is right or wrong in the arguments here, point is there are arguments all the time here hence less traffic as time goes by.

As for where I have business? The only business I see going on here is business as usual

Some one asks for something.

PL responds in a decent manner. You respond in your usual tactless manner sounding aloof whether you mean to or not (maybe you don't and its just your way, typed words cannot convey tone) So if you cannot read a tone into words, how do you read a reply as snarky?

Then Bert says something snarky about your tone.

Then ML takes your side as usual.

This is a very predictable pattern here with the only thing changing who you are snarking with. This time its Bert sometimes its Ladyver.....

But feel free to continue puffing yourself up and acting like you have more business here than anyone else because fact is your attitude of this is "your forum" is why its in the shitter.

So the forum is "in the shitter", according to you. Is that because it doesn't have a thread with close to thirty pages where people argue endlessly about the site?

And its a great purpose, but it rarely seems to stay at that, is my point.

If you walked up to a help desk and stood there and listened to the people there argue and snipe would you wait and ask for help or roll your eyes and walk away?

We don't have a "help desk" with someone waiting to assist the next person in line, so that's not relevant.

I feel sorry for the OP.

Mr. Wonderer, I'm sure you'll find an editor before long. Please be specific about what help you need (such as grammar, plot or both) and there's definitely someone who'll respond, if he/she hasn't by now.

Good luck.:rose:

*Sigh* The OP is from a year ago. The OP is from a year ago. Got that? Bert had to go back that far to get something he thought he could use to form an attack on.

The point to the OP, which was made a year ago, is that this was too soon, with too little, to be looking for an editor. An editor isn't a cowriter or even a writing coach. An editor comes in when there's a full draft that the writer has polished up as well as he/she can.

*Sigh* The OP is from a year ago. The OP is from a year ago. Got that? Bert had to go back that far to get something he thought he could use to form an attack on.

The point to the OP, which was made a year ago, is that this was too soon, with too little, to be looking for an editor. An editor isn't a cowriter or even a writing coach. An editor comes in when there's a full draft that the writer has polished up as well as he/she can.

LOL.

Okay, I didn't notice the date. Sorry!

Back