Ask Me A Question v. 1.9.19

Winter. I get more family visiting so I do more cleaning :D

(Grilling answer) No, I stick to my steaks.

When was the last time you treated yourself?

A couple of weeks ago I got a mani pedi. I usually take better care of myself, but I’ve been busy.

You?

A couple of weeks ago I got a mani pedi. I usually take better care of myself, but I’ve been busy.

You?

I just placed an order for an alb (a clerical robe of the sort that Friar Tuck is usually depicted wearing). Much lighter than my heavy pulpit robes, and you can wear shorts and sandals under them and not look ridiculous. Perfect for the summer.

What's the strangest piece of work or life advice you've gotten that turned out to be accurate?

You?

Sunday, did the same with my grandm, added a massage and a steam.

What's the strangest piece of work or life advice you've gotten that turned out to be accurate?

“Why do you work for a living, when you kill yourself working?”

What music do you listen to when you workout?

Sunday, did the same with my grandm, added a massage and a steam.

“Why do you work for a living, when you kill yourself working?”

What music do you listen to when you workout?

What music do I listen to when I whatnow?

I don't work out regularly, but these days I get most of my exercise in the pool. Music is usually classic rock, Beach Boys type stuff. Not exactly adrenaline-pumping, but it fits the mood.

Is there a band or musician that's disbanded, deceased, otherwise no longer performing, that you're glad you got to see live when you could?

What music do I listen to when I whatnow?

I don't work out regularly, but these days I get most of my exercise in the pool. Music is usually classic rock, Beach Boys type stuff. Not exactly adrenaline-pumping, but it fits the mood.

Is there a band or musician that's disbanded, deceased, otherwise no longer performing, that you're glad you got to see live when you could?

Chris Cornell, Lane Staley, and Linkin Park.

Good question let it roll.

Chris Cornell, Lane Staley, and Linkin Park.

Good question let it roll.

Tom Petty. Lemmy from Motörhead.
I never got to see Prince or Bowie, that kills me.

Who is someone you really want to see in concert. But haven’t had the chance, yet.

Gustavo Dudamel

Do you drink your tap water?

No. I've had a whole house water treatment system (Life Source) for the last 15 years - no chemicals or salt to add...during the drought the water was getting suckier and suckier, but my system kept me in good shape.

Any recent movies surprise you with how good they were?

No. I've had a whole house water treatment system (Life Source) for the last 15 years - no chemicals or salt to add...during the drought the water was getting suckier and suckier, but my system kept me in good shape.

Any recent movies surprise you with how good they were?

The Highwayman - Kevin Costner, Woody Harrelson. (NETFLIX)

Not my typical genre but surprisingly entertaining. I only agreed to sit through it because WOODY HARRELSON, but it was a good story with very good casting all around.

What’s the most “offbeat” genre of anything that you enjoy?

The Highwayman - Kevin Costner, Woody Harrelson. (NETFLIX)

Not my typical genre but surprisingly entertaining. I only agreed to sit through it because WOODY HARRELSON, but it was a good story with very good casting all around.

What’s the most “offbeat” genre of anything that you enjoy?

I'll answer with TV shows...I seem to be drawn to ghost or UFO shows. The reason is that I desperately want to see physical evidence in one of the shows. I haven't in any ghost show I've seen yet, but interestingly, I have seen a relatively new UFO show that has me intrigued.

"Unidentified" - while it's still a TV show, the methods they are using to research their quest is very interesting to me. Not like any other made-for-TV "documentary." The first 3-4 episodes were outstanding. The last 2 episodes were pretty fluffy.

Have you ever binge watched a series?

I'll answer with TV shows...I seem to be drawn to ghost or UFO shows. The reason is that I desperately want to see physical evidence in one of the shows. I haven't in any ghost show I've seen yet, but interestingly, I have seen a relatively new UFO show that has me intrigued.

"Unidentified" - while it's still a TV show, the methods they are using to research their quest is very interesting to me. Not like any other made-for-TV "documentary." The first 3-4 episodes were outstanding. The last 2 episodes were pretty fluffy.

Have you ever binge watched a series?

I binged all of Game of Thrones in about four months then did not watch the last two episodes because I was (still am) pissed about their unintelligible, moronic, go for the bucks ‘battle’ episode.

I binged all of Breaking Bad after the final episode was aired.

I typically binge any show I watch by waiting for a season to be complete before I start. Exceptions are Handmaids Tale & Big Little Lies.

Do you have a favorite trilogy?

I binged all of Game of Thrones in about four months then did not watch the last two episodes because I was (still am) pissed about their unintelligible, moronic, go for the bucks ‘battle’ episode.

I binged all of Breaking Bad after the final episode was aired.

I typically binge any show I watch by waiting for a season to be complete before I start. Exceptions are Handmaids Tale & Big Little Lies.

Do you have a favorite trilogy?

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". All five parts...

What's the funniest thing you ever saw on television?

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". All five parts...

What's the funniest thing you ever saw on television?

Hard to point to one, but it most likely involved Tim Conway, Harvey Kidman and Carol Burnett.

What’s your generational “Common Experience” you witnessed on TV?

Hard to point to one, but it most likely involved Tim Conway, Harvey Kidman and Carol Burnett.

What’s your generational “Common Experience” you witnessed on TV?

9/11. Except that when we first heard what was happening it was a group of us standing around listening to the radio on a university maintenance truck. It wasn't until a little later that some of us walked over to our nearest classmate's dorm and saw the tv footage.

What's your first memory of a major news event?

9/11. Except that when we first heard what was happening it was a group of us standing around listening to the radio on a university maintenance truck. It wasn't until a little later that some of us walked over to our nearest classmate's dorm and saw the tv footage.

What's your first memory of a major news event?

JFK's funeral. I was five, and it pre-empted Bullwinkle. (That was how I saw it).

Okay. Older folks. Today is the 50th anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11. What news person other than Walter Cronkite do you remember from the coverage of the lunar landing?

JFK's funeral. I was five, and it pre-empted Bullwinkle. (That was how I saw it).

Okay. Older folks. Today is the 50th anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11. What news person other than Walter Cronkite do you remember from the coverage of the lunar landing?

I was 22 months old, my favorite word was probably ‘nein!’ but all I know is Walter Cronkite’s smooth yet shoolboy excited delivery from the film I’ve seen.

Somebody out there must be as mature :rolleyes: as you so let’s keep this rolling

TANSTAAFL58 said:

I was 22 months old, my favorite word was probably ‘nein!’ but all I know is Walter Cronkite’s smooth yet shoolboy excited delivery from the film I’ve seen.

Somebody out there must be as mature :rolleyes: as you so let’s keep this rolling

Nope, under 50 here.
Keep it going or three things you’d bring with you if you went to the moon?

Snatch, so I could understand what Micky was saying.

What upcoming movie are you most excited to see?

Top Gun: Maverick
It comes out in under a year, there'd better be a fucking trailer soon

Is there an album release that you're really looking forward to?

Top Gun: Maverick
It comes out in under a year, there'd better be a fucking trailer soon

Is there an album release that you're really looking forward to?

hmm.. I'm kind of interested to see what Sheryl Crow does.. but not enough to call that my answer. I really liked Beyonce Homecoming but partly because I was drawn to that special that shared how it was conceived and it seemed to be a work of heart.

Is there a supernatural thing that you believe in? (what is it?)

hmm.. I'm kind of interested to see what Sheryl Crow does.. but not enough to call that my answer. I really liked Beyonce Homecoming but partly because I was drawn to that special that shared how it was conceived and it seemed to be a work of heart.

Is there a supernatural thing that you believe in? (what is it?)

I don't think so

When was the last time you cried?

Back