Isolated Blurt Thread Again

giphy.gif
 
On Friday we have booked to go away for a long weekend with the main purpose to visit my wife's sole remaining elderly aunt and visit some attractions in the area when not having lunch with the aunt and other members of the family on the Saturday. Some of them were travelling from Germany and Holland.

One of my wife's cousins has just sent an email to say the aunt has fallen over today, broken her hip. and is now in hospital. The family gathering is now postponed indefinitely.

Those coming long distances have travel insurance and will eventually get refunds. As we were going by car, we didn't insure. We will have to go to the area anyway to use our expensive accommodation near the aunt's care home.

We could have chosen much cheaper accommodation slightly further away...
 
Sorry to hear about the Aunt, Og, but do take advantage of the accommodations for an enjoyable break. And be sure to visit Auntie anyway if she's up for it (or still in bed for that matter). When my M-in-L fell and broke her hip, we had quite a family reunion because of it; perhaps your wife's family should reconsider.
 
Sorry to hear about the Aunt, Og, but do take advantage of the accommodations for an enjoyable break. And be sure to visit Auntie anyway if she's up for it (or still in bed for that matter). When my M-in-L fell and broke her hip, we had quite a family reunion because of it; perhaps your wife's family should reconsider.

Thanks Tio, but the postponement is at the aunt's request. She has a daughter by her bedside.
 
Thanks Tio, but the postponement is at the aunt's request. She has a daughter by her bedside.

Good, and the next question is . . . does the daughter have a bottle of fine single-malt with her? It does wonders for broken bones?
 
Good, and the next question is . . . does the daughter have a bottle of fine single-malt with her? It does wonders for broken bones?

Maybe, for herself. The aunt prefers fine wines but not as much as my brother. He had been treated for cancer and after a year decided the treatment was too much. He stopped receiving chemotherapy and made a resolution to empty his wine cellar before he died. He had married a wine importer's daughter and had an extensive and expensive selection of wines.

He lasted 18 months in a happy haze, sharing his drinking with friends and family. Even so, half his collection was still intact.

At the funeral wake, at his request, there was a large supply of alcohol. There were six hundred people there, and several crates of wine and two unopened barrels of beer were left at the end even after 10 hours of celebration.

The next day almost the whole community was up late with hangovers.
 
I know there are authors on Lit who have a compulsive need to write. And sometimes, I'll get a taste of that when I get a really good passage in my head, but my schedule keeps me from actually writing it down for days. I feel like there's nothing worse than needing to write and not being able to.

But then there are times like now. I have ideas. I have time. I have three stories in progress. Yet I can't seem to bring myself to open one up and write. I just don't feel like it. I don't know where my motivation has gone, and I wish I knew how to get it back because sitting here looking at a blank screen with ideas in my head that won't come out my fingers is deeply depressing.

Perhaps blurting to the void will help shake something loose.
 
Perhaps blurting to the void will help shake something loose.
You need to go off to the cinema with SimonDoom and catch the same double-bill he's watching.

Don't put yourself under the pressure of, "I must write." There's obviously busy shit on that's clogging up your head.

Go for a walk, look up at the trees, wait for winter. You'll be fine, Loqui. It's called life, be thankful you've got one :).
 
A guy told me he'd pay me $1000 to go to Houston with him for the weekend.

I told him, "Honey, I can make that much right here, and I don't have to fuck you or go to Houston in July."
 
Good god, I want to shave my head. Stupid dandruff. I wonder how it feels to feel the wind on your scalp?
 
When it has been exposed long enough to be sun resistant...

I’ve still got a little left, but thinning. I admit to feeling a twinge at the note of surprise in Thing1’s voice when looking at old photos - “Dad, you used to have Beetles hair!”

Why, yes. Yes I did.
 
I’ve still got a little left, but thinning. I admit to feeling a twinge at the note of surprise in Thing1’s voice when looking at old photos - “Dad, you used to have Beetles hair!”

Why, yes. Yes I did.

I have a bald spot on top, which my Cake-On-Head covers. My hairdresser spends more time cutting and thinning my beard which seems to grow three times as fast as the hair on top.
 
Lottery win...

Last night I had four numbers come up on the UK's national lottery. Normally that would have won me £140 but it was the last roll-over and lower prizes were enhanced. Instead of £140 I won £609.

But getting the money was complicated. My usual lottery retailer's machine was out of action. I went to a supermarket instead. They can't pay out that much - I have to go to a Post Office so I went to the one closest to my house. They don't pay out because they are too small so I had to go to another supermarket that has a Post Office on site. After queuing up for the Post Office counter I had to go to the supermarket's lottery terminal because they will only pay out on tickets validated in their store. Then I had to queue up for the Post Office again and produce my driving licence as proof of identity. They could pay up to £500 in cash and the balance by cheque. I opted for the whole amount by cheque but validating and preparing the cheque took a quarter of an hour leading to a long queue behind me. I was the third person to claim that amount at that Post Office that day.

I then tottered to my bank to queue - again - to pay in the cheque. My wife was worried by the time I got back because instead of being out for ten minutes I was missing for an hour and a quarter.

But that has repaid me for the cost of two short holidays previously funded by my credit cards..
 
Last edited:
Trip Advisor Reviewers

I have just submitted three reviews to Trip Advisor for gardens I visited last week.

I had never visited any of the three before and it is the first time I have visited such places since I need to use a wheeled walker to get around. My wife and I did some research beforehand, on line, in tourist leaflets, and the National Trust handbook. We rejected one possible place to visit as they made it clear that the paths were steep on rough ground and wholly unsuitable for anyone disabled even if they were using an all-terrain buggy.

I was very pleased with all three locations and my comments were mainly about disabled access. Most were good and marked clearly on their free maps which paths were unsuitable or difficult. But for one - the tea room and restaurant had good disabled access to the building but was two hundred yards from the disabled parking down a very roughly surfaced path. That path would tax a wheelchair pusher to the limit, as it did me. Parents with toddlers in buggies had such problems that one parent would carry the child, and one the buggy.

It was the tone of comments from other Trip Advisor reviewers that upset me slightly. One site has free entrance for National Trust members but charges to use the car park. If you are a member of the organisation that owns the site, or pay the full admission, your car parking charge would be refunded, but National Trust members and the general public had to pay - a maximum of £10 for five or more hours up to and including all day. The fact that you had to pay and the amounts were clearly stated in the tourist leaflets, on any online search AND in bold in the National Trust handbook, and had been for the last six years since they agreed the concession for National Trust members.

Yet dozens of National Trust members had posted unfavourable reviews. all moaning about the car park charges. The site itself is wonderful and well worth the normal charges. National Trust members might have to pay £10 per car but that is all. A family of four would otherwise pay about £40. Some people are just unreasonable.
 
I stopped writing at Literotica because I opted to experience my sexual kinks in person, rather than just write about them.

I wonder now, however, should I do both?

:devil::heart::confused::D





I strongly suspect you knew what the response was likely to be when you posted the question. :devil: :devil: ;)





 
Sharps disposal

I have a small container for medical sharps used when I test my blood sugar levels twice a day. Three years after I started using it, it is now full and I have a new one.

How do I get rid of the full one?

My doctor's practice won't take it; my chemist won't take it; none of my local hospitals will take it; the local waste depot won't take it.

I have to complete an on-line request for a form to apply for someone from the council's waste disposal contractor to come and collect it from me. It takes ten working days to send me a form, which I then have to complete and return by post.

Only then will they give me A DAY on which they will collect it; not a time, anytime on that day. If that day is not convenient I start at the beginning again requesting, on line, for a form which takes ten working days to arrive...

The last time, three years ago, that I went through this process, I sat at home for a whole day and no one came. I started the process again. Three weeks later I sat at home for a whole day and no one came. I started the process again. I sat at home for a whole day and no one came. I started the process again and no form came. Eventually I hid the box in a black sack with other rubbish and put it out in my rubbish bin.

Is it any wonder that illegal drug users do not use sharps bins?
 
I have a small container for medical sharps used when I test my blood sugar levels twice a day. Three years after I started using it, it is now full and I have a new one.

How do I get rid of the full one?

My doctor's practice won't take it; my chemist won't take it; none of my local hospitals will take it; the local waste depot won't take it.

I have to complete an on-line request for a form to apply for someone from the council's waste disposal contractor to come and collect it from me. It takes ten working days to send me a form, which I then have to complete and return by post.

Only then will they give me A DAY on which they will collect it; not a time, anytime on that day. If that day is not convenient I start at the beginning again requesting, on line, for a form which takes ten working days to arrive...

The last time, three years ago, that I went through this process, I sat at home for a whole day and no one came. I started the process again. Three weeks later I sat at home for a whole day and no one came. I started the process again. I sat at home for a whole day and no one came. I started the process again and no form came. Eventually I hid the box in a black sack with other rubbish and put it out in my rubbish bin.

Is it any wonder that illegal drug users do not use sharps bins?

About halfway through this I was thinking, "At that point I'd have buried the thing in the backyard." :D
 
WOO-HOO!

They have speeded up the process. I received the form by email this morning.

BUT - they have added another complication. I have to have the form signed by a medical professional, my GP. Have they any idea how long it takes for a non-urgent appointment with a doctor?
 
Good News for me...

Back in June a volunteer from Age UK came to my house to help me complete forms for a Blue Badge (disabled parking) and Attendance Allowance to cover my wife acting as my carer. The volunteer knew the key words to use and how to complete the forms in a way that would work.

The Blue Badge was approved and supplied within less than 2 weeks - lightning fast for that process.

We had heard nothing about the application for Attendance Allowance until I received a brown envelope this morning. The application has been approved and although I expected the lower rate, I have been awarded the higher rate - backdated until mid June.

The back payment should be in my bank account today and the monthly payment in arrears starts early in September.

And it is TAX-FREE!

(Although I will still pay much more in taxes than the government will be paying me even with that allowance and my state pension.)

The family income will be substantially increased even though most of the addition will go to supporting the grandchildren and their parents.
 
WOO-HOO!

They have speeded up the process. I received the form by email this morning.

BUT - they have added another complication. I have to have the form signed by a medical professional, my GP. Have they any idea how long it takes for a non-urgent appointment with a doctor?


Is this where I insert an observation respecting the efficacy, advantages and disadvantages of government health care ?

 

Is this where I insert an observation respecting the efficacy, advantages and disadvantages of government health care ?


It is nothing to do with health care. The NHS provide me with the sharps bin free.

It is everything to do with 'elf and safety'. The local council have a duty to collect waste but they can't afford all the procedures required by 'elf and safety' to collect blood contaminated waste so they make it as awkward as possible.

Even inside the NHS health professionals have to treat sharps almost as if they are nuclear radiation contaminated waste. They have to certify that they personally filled the bin and sign to say they have sealed it themselves before a specialist contractor removes it for burning.

It's a nonsense and it is no surprise that drug addicts just chuck their used needles in an ordinary rubbish bin.
 
Back
Top