the color of the walls
in a county hospital emergency room
the papers they make you sign
before they'll give you medicine

the bad food you eat when you're poor
a cough that won't go away
the kind of hopes
that get pinned on a lottery

The President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities just resigned en mass.

“Art is about inclusion,” wrote the committee, which includes artist Chuck Close and author Jhumpa Lahiri. “The Humanities include a vibrant free press. You have attacked both.”

fuck this guy, seriously how damaged in the head can you be, who's pulling the strings from behind him, he is the perfect figure head scapegoat on the planet

there is no good outcome from this fucker, there are no words to describe how tragic it is that we were heading toward something better in the world he has set it back at least 40 years.....

and all for the sake of his ego, how do people not forward thinking end up in these rolls is the world that pathetic that it can't stand up and scream no anymore?

or is everyone so disconnected from their reality via technology that it doesn't matter anymore?

fuck this guy, seriously how damaged in the head can you be, who's pulling the strings from behind him, he is the perfect figure head scapegoat on the planet

there is no good outcome from this fucker, there are no words to describe how tragic it is that we were heading toward something better in the world he has set it back at least 40 years.....

and all for the sake of his ego, how do people not forward thinking end up in these rolls is the world that pathetic that it can't stand up and scream no anymore?

I think here in the good old USA, lots of people are screaming NOOOO and calling their reps in Congress, writing to them, faxing them, going to town halls and protesting. Technology aids and abets both sides. I think (I hope) our disaster of a president will resign soon, either because of information the special prosecutor has about Russian collusion in the election that will lead to his impeachment, or (more likely imo) because you can't come back from supporting Nazis.

This feels very much like the sixties to me. Not the peace/love/hippies part; the protest, clashes and otherwise ugly parts. That led to the resignation of Richard Nixon, but this is so much worse.

/rant off. back to poetry :)

I think most Americans would hit the "Redo" button on the last election if they could, my Aussie friend. Our electoral college, an institution which has failed at least twice in recent history, needs to be reevaluated, but that won't happen any time soon. Meanwhile we hold our breath that our democracy is not dismantled brick by brick to put up a wall or two. So far, democracy still seems unwilling to lie down and be run over, and the courts for the most part are girding it up.

I'm not religious - for those of you who are, please say a prayer for Ruth Bader Ginsburg's health. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed her willpower to act as a bulwark keeps her healthy and willing to stay on the bench.

Blue Angel Landing

I just dug out both volumes for a young writer and was grateful, Ange, for the beauty of that first volume. We did that! Well, and Huck. Then conversation turned to a mutual love of Saroyan.

I just dug out both volumes for a young writer and was grateful, Ange, for the beauty of that first volume. We did that! Well, and Huck. Then conversation turned to a mutual love of Saroyan.

I totally forgot about it! I need to see them again. We did do a good job. Maybe we should try again, eh? :heart:

I'm still very sorry that i procrastinated on my submissions for BA Landing II .. <sigh> you can still read them all over Lit though :)

And yes those are amazing... We need both of you back! You know I'm the host there now, don't you?

I'm still very sorry that i procrastinated on my submissions for BA Landing II .. <sigh> you can still read them all over Lit though :)

And yes those are amazing... We need both of you back! You know I'm the host there now, don't you?

I did not but I am very pleased to know it now! Fantastic.

i would love for it to regain the richness and that sense of fun we all enjoyed in those early years. I mean, like all of second life, the poetry venues are not the great writhing mass of naked and sexual IMs any longer (or at least not mine) but that could be due in part that the woman who sold nipple piercings isn't a huge presence these days (lol... hiding the clamps down my bra.. oh wait! that's not hiding anything).

Back