Writing Goal for the Day?

Meh. Nothing like a day of stringing buzz words together to put you off writing.

Perhaps this weekend?

Break a leg, anna, and I hope you have a terrible, terrible dress rehearsal. ;)

How about "Forecheck Blues" or similar?

Hahaha thanks, but no. She plays pop/rock music, not blues.

Does he get demoted at any point? Second Line Blues?

Though honestly, any title with Blues in it makes me think of the St. Louis Blues. :eek:

No, he doesn't get demoted. And yes, no blues for that reason as well. Although the team that really has the blues this season is the Blue Jackets. :eek:

Makes sense; Lit has a lot of reviews to go through daily, I'm sure.

Your av, btw, looks way too friendly. She's plotting something nasty and evil...I like her.

Story approved! It's in my sig now, but in case you're too excited to look at my sig and figure out which one it is: click me.

Yes she was selling herself back then. The other alternative that came along was that she was a witch and used her powers to seduce an upstanding man into giving it to her

My ancestor alludes to sexual encounters in his book. I always wondered how folks managed to have sex when they all slept in the same bed or were crossing the West in a wagon. His mother had 10 children. She published her own book and wrote of how girls identified the QUEER ROOSTERS among the prospects.

My ancestor alludes to sexual encounters in his book. I always wondered how folks managed to have sex when they all slept in the same bed or were crossing the West in a wagon. His mother had 10 children. She published her own book and wrote of how girls identified the QUEER ROOSTERS among the prospects.

Well those wagons were covered, and pretty roomy. Hell I dated a girl in high school who drove an AMC Gremlin. If you can fuck in that you can fuck in anything.

LOVECRAFT! Stop quoting him, will you? I have him on ignore for a reason; I have no wish to see his posts in yours.

Now then. Back to our regularly-scheduled goal setting and chit-chat.

Hmmm...peeking in, looking for some inspiration and recognizing a few very talented handles.

Meh. Nothing like a day of stringing buzz words together to put you off writing.

Perhaps this weekend?

Break a leg, anna, and I hope you have a terrible, terrible dress rehearsal. ;)
Do you get to the point with those buzz words that you're convinced they're not spelled correctly?

I sent a picture of one of my shoes to PL to share with you. The thing is... I just might break a leg with them!

LOVECRAFT! Stop quoting him, will you? I have him on ignore for a reason; I have no wish to see his posts in yours.

Now then. Back to our regularly-scheduled goal setting and chit-chat.

Well then stop snooping you nosy little Minx!

I really dont find JB to be all that bad. Much more preferable to the real troll of the AH

Goals? Goals. Sigh.

Well, I finished fixing up The Collection and the wonderful Mr. Penn designed the cover. It's off for final assembly.

Moving along on R&B, I hope in the right direction. Sort of outlined a Christmas story today, so we'll see if that comes together. Various stories remain to be edited and revised, both mine and others. Whew.

Well then stop snooping you nosy little Minx!

I really dont find JB to be all that bad. Much more preferable to the real troll of the AH

Stop quoting me!!!!! I have cooties.

Besides I like knowing that the resident idgits miss stuff they may profit from.

So much for lit writing. Still doing rl work. Why? Because the undergraduates in my building decided to blast the soundtrack to a really annoying 1990s movie for a couple hours this afternoon, and then put the most popular song on the album--one that was overplayed when it came out, and gets stuck in your head for hours when you hear it--on repeat.

Punk kids. *shakes fist*

Do you get to the point with those buzz words that you're convinced they're not spelled correctly?

Incorporating! Integrating! Synthesizing! Synergizing! Stratergerizing! (OK, I don't use those last three.)

I get to the point where I have so many acronyms running around I forget what they stand for. I have something like twenty in the first page alone, lol. And I did use a new word today: quinquennial. :)

Various stories remain to be edited and revised, both mine and others. Whew.

And those of us who've had stories filling your inbox thank you for your time. :)

Speaking of which, I think I have a story to look at when I'm done synergizing and such.

Last edited:
<<Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady
Various stories remain to be edited and revised, both mine and others. Whew.
And those of us who've had stories filling your inbox thank you for your time. >>
:) :) :)

Yes, I have a sizable editing job awaiting me, and since I've been sharpening my blade (under the tutelage of the Adverb Nazi, hehe), I think this should be fun.

I also all but wrote the first chapter of my next series yesterday. Funny how various ideas can float around for days and weeks, and then one starts to mature into a real concept, and then BOOM! you can't freaking get the words down fast enough.

I'd like to get a few more chapters of a mainstream mystery reviewed today, but I'm on the road, so who knows if it will get done.

Domestic chores have to take precedence today, but hopefully when they're, the removal of physical clutter will help remove any mental clutter which will lead to more writing.

After the hockey game.

Changed the title of my new tale again. Its now THE BUCK STOPS HERE.

My shooter son is visiting, and I'm getting educated about how to take care of business using weapons and tactics the military likes. And its all about placing the shooter in close proximity to the target and providing a way out afterwards.

I might actually get something done today! I suggested to Mr. Tat that we switch tasks for the day: I'd paint the trim in the new closet, and he could watch the kidlet until her afternoon nap.

All I have to say is this: he's been getting off easy these past few weeks. Painting is so much easier than kidlet watching.

And now the paintbrushes are washed, the paint is drying, and since Mr. Tat took the kidlet to costco, I have a whole hour before I have to mobilize again and gear up for lunch.

:)

Today is a big day for me, and a potentially embarrassing one.

I am entering my first full contact tournament in five years. It's a charity event and some of the money goes to the shelter my wife volunteers at.

In addition to rustiness I'm fighting a kid in his early twenties. It's six rounds and I'm hoping to get through all six without sucking wind at the end or getting it really handed to me.

This is where I put the axiom "Youth and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery" to the test.

On a more fun note. My daughter is also entered and it's her first so that part should be fun.

I might actually get something done today! I suggested to Mr. Tat that we switch tasks for the day: I'd paint the trim in the new closet, and he could watch the kidlet until her afternoon nap.

All I have to say is this: he's been getting off easy these past few weeks. Painting is so much easier than kidlet watching.

And now the paintbrushes are washed, the paint is drying, and since Mr. Tat took the kidlet to costco, I have a whole hour before I have to mobilize again and gear up for lunch.

:)

Most things are easier than kidlet watching. :)

We've been attending to lawn work, leaves and such. There was this big tree branch down in our yard. Now we have three trees, so this is not unexpected. However, I could not match this branch to any of our trees, and it looked like it had kind of "peeled" away at the bottom, but I can't find the matching section. Which leads me to believe someone put it in our yard but I can't figure out why.

Anyway. Maybe more on R&B... still working on the title, but need to adjust some stuff about a band on tour and then figure out how to draw it to a close, and decide when the Caps go out in the playoffs (I am a realist, after all).

And good luck lovecraft!

Last edited:
Today is a big day for me, and a potentially embarrassing one.

I am entering my first full contact tournament in five years.

Boxing? Football? What are we talking about here? With the exception of tennis and hockey, I'm lost on most sports beyond endurance events.

Which leads me to believe someone put it in our yard but I can't figure out why.

That's totally something someone in my neighborhood would do. Reasons range from craziness to not wanting to cut it up so the town will take it.

. . . and decide when the Caps go out in the playoffs (I am a realist, after all).

The better question is who knocks them out. The Penguins? I know how much you love them. ;)

I'll put in my "no Devils or Habs" request here. Can't stand either.

Last edited:
The better question is who knocks them out. The Penguins? I know how much you love them. ;)

I'll put in my "no Devils or Habs" request here. Can't stand either.

Pens go out in the first round. :D NJ may not make the cut. At the moment, the Caps have beaten Buffalo in the first round, and are playing Montreal in the second. All subject to change at my whim -- it's good to be the author. ;)

I'm actually going to find last years playoff teams and figure from there. Need to check the scheduling as well so I can keep my time line plausible.

I am just baffled by the tree limb because it certainly could have come from one of our trees -- the bark and leaves look the same. Still, I just can't find that bare section on any of the three trees in our yard that would indicate where it came from. Another odd thing was that the leaves on that limb were all brown, yet another limb had leaves that were still yellow. Mr. Penn suggested that it broke a while ago, then took some time before falling to the ground.

This is likely and makes me think we're spending way too much effort on figuring this out. ;)

Back