FAWC 5: Line, Please!

FAWCker

Really Really Experienced
Joined
May 12, 2013
Posts
350
For anyone who does not know, FAWC stands for Friendly Anonymous Writing Challenge. The idea is for writers to come up with an original erotic story based around a similar theme. Those stories are then posted under this user name (thus the "anonymous" part) and a winner (for lack of a better term -- this is just a friendly competition, after all) is chosen according to the standard Lit voting system. There are no real prizes given for FAWC.

* * * *

FAWC 5: Line, Please! will have everyone starting with the same first line. The sentence cannot be restructured in any way other than to change punctuation. Quotes may be added. Otherwise, the sentence must be identical for all stories written for this FAWC.

The line is:

Upon the table lay three items: a handkerchief, a book, and a knife.

Not terribly descriptive, I admit, but that's the point. It's a simple first sentence. Where the story goes from there is entirely up to the individual author.

The challenge begins today, Tuesday, May 20, 2014. All stories must be submitted to FAWCker by Midnight, CST, by Tuesday, June 10, 2014. Please submit the story with the following format.

Formatting: Please, for the sake of unity and my sanity, have all stories formatted in Verdana, 12-point font, single-line spacing, with no paragraph indents and hard returns between paragraphs. Basically, it should look almost exactly the way it will appear on Lit.

Please use a series of four asterisks (* * * *) to delineate scene transitions. Example:

Text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

* * * *

Text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

The idea behind this is to not make it readily apparent, based on a particular author's formatting style, who wrote what.

Please include the following note at the beginning of your story:

(Author's note: This story is an entry into FAWC (Friendly Anonymous Writing Challenge), a collaborative competition among Lit authors. FAWC is not an official contest sponsored by Literotica, and there are no prizes given to the winner. Every story for this FAWC begins with the exact same line. Where it goes from there is up to the author.)

Also, after this disclaimer but before the body of the story, include up to nine story tags. One of the tags will already be "FAWC" so I will only need nine more for your story.

Send the story as a .doc or .odt file.

So, to sum up:

Challenge Begins: Tuesday, May 20
Challenge Ends: Tuesday, June 10 at midnight
Formatting: Verdana, 12-point font, single-line spacing, .doc or .odt file

When you are ready to send your submission, send me or slyc_willie a PM and I will give you the email address. If you have participated in previous FAWCs, the email is the same as has been used before.

Any other questions as they are addressed in the thread will be updated here.

Let's have some FAWCking fun!

attachment.php
 
Last edited:
Upon the table lay three items: a handkerchief, a book, and a knife.

Screw the table. Let's fuck on the couch. :p

^That kind of stuff?
 
Upon the table lay three items: a handkerchief, a book, and a knife.

Screw the table. Let's fuck on the couch. :p

^That kind of stuff?

Do whatever you want with it. Use the items, or throw them out the window. Just as long as the first sentence is that one. ;)
 
These are the busiest 3 weeks of my year, and the sentence is irresistible!! Damn you, FAWCker. ;)
 
These are the busiest 3 weeks of my year, and the sentence is irresistible!! Damn you, FAWCker. ;)

Sorry, and thank you. ;)

I was hoping the line would be compelling enough to ignite a few creative flames. I worried that the first reply on this thread would be "that line is lame."

Not to say that it won't happen, of course . . . .
 
I'm in, of course! I like this one, a lot! So many ideas!!!

Back to back FAWCs! Yay! :D
 
Interesting.

Why "upon"? What happened to good old-fashioned "on"?

Edit: Not trying to complain. Just curious. It gives it a bit of an "Olde English" feel.
 
Last edited:
Interesting.

Why "upon"? What happened to good old-fashioned "on"?

Edit: Not trying to complain. Just curious. It gives it a bit of an "Olde English" feel.

That was actually done on purpose, believe it or not. By using "upon," the sentence would lend itself to a story set in an earlier time period, or fantasy setting. But it still works in a modern story as well. Besides, "on" just seemed to common.
 
My submission is almost done.

FAWC=Fucking animals without consciences
 
Back
Top