Your Helpful Poice II

So, she was a guilty victim? The issue was the corrupt cops, Box and the coddling of corrupt cops by corrupt head cops. 20 or so cops took advantage of her instead of trying to help her.

Well, she was a prostitute, which is illegal, although I think it should not be. And the cops didn't take advantage of her any more than dozens maybe hundreds of other men have. And they did help her stay out of jail by telling her about sting operations, etc. And the cops were corrupt and generally assholes, which I have known about the Oakland cops for a long time. And I don't know what else you mean by "trying to help her."

I'm just gonna say, since we're on the topic of corrupt police, that you can find corrupt police literally every where. I grew up in a small country town, one of the poorest parts of the country and the local police officer was so corrupt that the kindergarten kids regularly made jokes about him taking bribes. We once saw our neighbours stealing cattle from our other neighbours farm and we called the cops. They showed up at our house and told us that if we ever told anyone our whole family would disappear. He literally said that in front of me and my father when I was 13. Also, everyone said that almost every cop and official in the area was just as bad.

So it doesn't matter where you live, who you are, or what you do; never ever trust the cops.

Well, she was a prostitute, which is illegal, although I think it should not be. And the cops didn't take advantage of her any more than dozens maybe hundreds of other men have. And they did help her stay out of jail by telling her about sting operations, etc. And the cops were corrupt and generally assholes, which I have known about the Oakland cops for a long time. And I don't know what else you mean by "trying to help her."
Do you think it's illegal to be an underage prostitute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101

Do you think it's illegal to be an underage prostitute?

Prostitution is illegal, regardless of the age of the person involved. However, the girl in this case passed her 18th birthday while she was hooking, making her no longer underage.

In your opinion, would you make a good cop? and if so, how do you think you would handle individuals according to their background based on your personal views?

Nope. I'd make a terrible cop. I'm opinionated, prejudiced and I've got no patience. I'm quite good at offending people and my sense of humour would be guaranteed to spark off a dozen lawsuits. No way I'd hire someone like me.

Nope. I'd make a terrible cop. I'm opinionated, prejudiced and I've got no patience. I'm quite good at offending people and my sense of humour would be guaranteed to spark off a dozen lawsuits. No way I'd hire someone like me.

I can appreciate the honesty. Even if I don't like what's being said, I respect sincerity.

I realize that I'm quite different than you, but also a little similar, does that make any sense?

Against my better judgement, I'm going to extend the offer of goodwill and make an effort at understanding someone I probably wouldn't care to associate with by other means. If there's anything you need to know about my culture, just ask me.

Last edited:
I can appreciate the honesty. Even if I don't like what's being said, I respect sincerity.

I realize that I'm quite different than you, but also a little similar, does that make any sense?

Against my better judgement, I'm going to extend the offer of goodwill and make an effort at understanding someone I probably wouldn't care to associate with by other means. If there's anything you need to know about my culture, just ask me.

She believes we're genetically predisposed to violence while white blood can make you a jurisprudence celestial, so there's that.

tenor.gif

She believes we're genetically predisposed to violence while white blood can make you a jurisprudence celestial, so there's that.

Now don't get carried away. There's a whole range of factors in play and I'm no expert. But numbers are numbers and the stats are irrefutable. Want me to pull them up again for you tomorrow?

Was a Holistic Doctor Killed by Police for Working Against Big Pharma?

There's no evidence that Justine Damond was targeted for her healing practices.
On 16 July 2017, alternative health blogger Erin Elizabeth reported on her web site Health Nut News that Justine Ruszczyk (who primarily used her fiance’s surname, Damond), a 40-year-old Australian woman living in the U.S. who was shot and killed in mid-July 2017 by Minneapolis police, was among a growing list of holistic doctors who had died under suspicious circumstances. That narrative was further twisted by the disreputable conspiracy site YourNewsWire with the headline, “Holistic Doctor, Working Against Big Pharma, Shot Dead By Police.”

Elizabeth compiled a list in 2016 of what she characterized as more than sixty holistic doctors that died between June 2015 and August 2016, asserting that the deaths were somehow connected. Although Elizabeth stopped short of saying who the culprit was, the implication was that the healers were being systematically killed because of their occupations.
What other industries are accused of using police to assassinate their opponents? Besides the soft drink industry in the 3rd world, of course.

Cops kill innocent man by shooting him through a closed door — at the wrong house

Police officers in Southaven, Mississippi, this week fatally shot a man who had no active warrants because they mistook his house for the house of a suspect.

Local news station WMC Action News 5 reports that Southaven police on Monday killed resident Ismael Lopez on Monday evening after arriving at his house in an attempt to serve an arrest warrant for a man named Samuel Pearman, whose house was located about a dozen yards away from Lopez’s.

Lopez’s wife, Claudia Linares, tells Action News 5 that she and her husband were sleeping when they were awakened by commotion outside. Her husband went up to investigate the noise first, and Linares says that by the time she got up to join him, he had already been shot by police and was lying dead on the floor.

Attorney Murray Wells, who is representing Lopez’s family, says that “bullet holes suggest [police] shot through the door” of Lopez’s house.

Police claim that Lopez opened the door and pointed a gun at them, and that they only shot him after repeatedly asking him to drop his weapon. However, some neighbors are disputing the officers’ account.

“I didn’t hear yelling,” neighbor Nicholas Tramel tells Action 5 News. Additionally, Tramel claims that he never heard police ask anyone to drop any weapons.

I wonder what the warrant was for, malicious shoplifting?:eek:

On the Other Hand

Neighbor calls police on black kids playing football — and Buffalo cops show up and join their game

One Buffalo cop is being praised because he joined a group of African American teens playing football instead of shooting them.

After a noise nuisance call came in about kids playing ball in the streets, police Officer Patrick McDonald walked from his car immediately asking the kids “Where are we lining up?”

Videos of the game are going viral, especially the video that shows his response after makeing an excellent catch, NYUp.com shared.

“Do you guys want me to file a police report, because you just got robbed?!” he said. The officer then pulled away in his cruiser.

Videos on Facebook have been shared over 1,000 times and celebrated by Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown who called it “Community policing at its best.”

“I applaud Officer Patrick McDonald for turning a nuisance call into a positive experience for the community,” Brown continued. “I am proud that he is on the force & thank him for setting an example of why we truly are The City of Good Neighbors.”

:D

Oh Texas.:(

Texas police officer harasses black teen for mowing grass

"When I saw you, you were going door-to-door-to-door," the officer is heard saying in the video. Gibson responded saying he was distributing business cards. “Yeah, I’m putting my business cards out,” Marvin replied, holding a business card out for the cop.

“Well that’s what I’m trying to find out,” said the cop.

“Well that’s all you had to ask,” said the teen. “You see me cutting grass.”

"Well, let me see some ID," the officer asked him. The video starts with the officer asking the teen to “step over here” next to a vehicle which appears to be their lawn work truck. Sounds of the lawn machinery can be heard in the background in the video as the other crew members seem to be working.

The video cuts out halfway through the incident and then says "later that day" and goes on to show the same cop in front of Gibson's yard in front of his home. The video shows the same teen filming from the front door of a house with the cop standing by a tree in the yard as police vehicles are seen driving in the background. Gibson can be heard saying "you are harassing me, get out of my yard. Move around, leave."

Now don't get carried away. There's a whole range of factors in play and I'm no expert. But numbers are numbers and the stats are irrefutable. Want me to pull them up again for you tomorrow?

Why? Stats and numbers don't prove shitty wannabe genetic absolutes. Save that yap for Stormfront.

Rather spend that quality time on your erotica...now that's some hot prose worth reading, my viselike-vagina'd friend. :D

The word out of Minneapolis now is that the yoga instructor slapped the back of the car when the cops drove up, thus startling them and making them more likely to interpret a person approaching the car as a threat.

You can tell it's a legitimate excuse by the fact that it only took them 11 days to mention it.

That's an interesting self observation but I think your conclusion may be wrong. In the past the initial police training was based on military models; they took a bunch of highly variable recruits, including stroppy ones (like you ;)).

First they broke 'em through basic training then they remade them into the better people the force needed. In recent years Police Forces have become Police Services - social workers when what we need is self disciplined law enforcement officers.

So I reckon you could be a good cop Chloe - especially if I was in charge of your basic training. You wouldn't enjoy it all, but you would get there - despite yourself. :D

In recent years Police Forces have become Police Services - social workers when what we need is self disciplined law enforcement officers.
I do not know where you live. The cops in my mountainous county do not provide "police services". They dress military, are armed military, and act military, much as I've seen around the country in my recent travels. Too often cops apply overwhelming force to every situation -- any traffic stop involves three patrol cars and drawn weapons. This ain't social work. These are occupation forces.

I do not know where you live. The cops in my mountainous county do not provide "police services". They dress military, are armed military, and act military, much as I've seen around the country in my recent travels. Too often cops apply overwhelming force to every situation -- any traffic stop involves three patrol cars and drawn weapons. This ain't social work. These are occupation forces.

Noted: but overwhelming force is not disciplined use of force The cops think they are acting military but they are not - armed to the teeth yes, but totally lacking the prerequisite of trained discipline inculcated by the real military. The cops seem to know nothing about the equation between circumstances and appropriate force.

I would be interested in seeing the stats on the proportion over time of police officers who came to that from the military. My thought was that the proportion is growing in police being former military recently being soldiers in combat zones and that this was coloring how police officers were acting in their jobs on the street now.

Also what I think is putting police officers on edge in their on-the-street jobs now (those three cruisers showing up on a traffic stop) is that increasing they are being put in danger and under attack on the street. That seems a function of citizen attitudes and belligerence (and access to weapons) that have built into lawlessness and disregard for others at both ends of the spectrum. Sort of a synergistic swirling down into danger and chaos.

I would be interested in seeing the stats on the proportion over time of police officers who came to that from the military. My thought was that the proportion is growing in police being former military recently being soldiers in combat zones and that this was coloring how police officers were acting in their jobs on the street now.

Also what I think is putting police officers on edge in their on-the-street jobs now (those three cruisers showing up on a traffic stop) is that increasing they are being put in danger and under attack on the street. That seems a function of citizen attitudes and belligerence (and access to weapons) that have built into lawlessness and disregard for others at both ends of the spectrum. Sort of a synergistic swirling down into danger and chaos.

Your first paragraph point is valid. Such a study would prove or disprove my contention one way or the other. There would also be people interested to justify their opinions that people from different races, sexes, educational backgrounds and sexual orientation, would be more or less likely to shoot first.

Your second paragraph is correct; it is all to easy in these circumstances, and perhaps justifiably for a siege mentality to take over, particularly if front liners feel they do not have the support of their own leadership.

http://www.newsday.com/opinion/colu...eered-the-idea-of-police-brutality-1.13864824
They lined the stage behind him, their white-gloved dress-uniform hands folded. They sat in the small auditorium in front of the podium. They were guests from out of state, federal officers from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and local cops from Suffolk County, some of them actively engaged in the fight against the violent MS-13 street gang that has killed 17 Long Islanders within a few miles of where the president was about to speak.

As expected Trump praised their work on that front, which has helped to prevent that vicious gang’s crimes and bring criminals to justice. But then he went further: encouraging officers “not to be too nice.” To be “rough” when throwing someone “into the back of a paddy wagon.” When they were pushing a suspected killer’s head into the squad car with a hand over the perp’s head, don’t worry about hitting the head. “You can take the hand away,” Trump said.

Leave aside the crude cops-and-robbers understanding of police work and the vehicles they now use that this suggests. Forget that Trump was suggesting behavior that, if caught on body-camera or bystander video, might get an officer fired. Let’s pretend that Suffolk County’s last police chief wasn't convicted in federal court for beating up a guy who took a gym bag from his car.

It was rhetoric as usual for Trump, who has been suggesting rough behavior verging on illegal violence during the campaign, when he promised to pay legal bills for supporters who roughed up protesters. But the moment and its reception was still disturbing. The room filled mostly with sworn officers of the law applauded loudly.

Yes, I keep wondering where the hell they come up with all these mindless people to sit in on Trump's gatherings.

The room filled mostly with sworn officers of the law applauded loudly.

Yes, I keep wondering where the hell they come up with all these mindless people to sit in on Trump's gatherings.
Peer pressure. If your peers attend and you don't; if they clap for the Prez and you don't; then you're *outside*. You glance at your commander and think of your career.

Of course, when Tromp speechified at CIA HQ awhile back, he brought in a cheering section. Maybe he had shills and ringers in this crowd too.

Back