The Isolated Political Blurt Thread

You know what's funny...you were soooooooo apprehensive about this new forum and was gettin' all colicky over it, but look at you now. You're thriving on here, dude!

I told you you'd love it, but you didn't b'leve me.

Think you owe everyone a round of drinks or somethin'. :D

If ever I get the chance I would be honored to buy you a gin.

I was for this forum initially. I switched my view when people like Rob announced their glee about sending "those people" away. As if he is not, himself, a pretty significant part of why political threads get nasty.

He claimed he had no interest in "those people" and stated that he had no interest in following over to here. We laid odds that he would be the first to intrude, while offering nothing relevant politically. Called it.

I liked the idea because it would showcase the actual motivation of the non-politically aware that like to stiffen their little dicks in political threads when the grown-ups are talking. You and I widely diverge on worldview. I even get erped because you choose to express that worldview with gifs and memes and I prefer words. But at least you have a worldview, can articulate it and contribute meaningfully. The little cadre that follows Rob around will be less interested in doing so over to here without as Roscoe puts it, the audience of nubiles.

So I like it. I expected to like it. That doesn't mean that I approve of a situation that lets a handful of bomb-throwers that, themselves, disrupt adult discourse be in a position to declare victory.

Rob is in hog heaven. He gets to jack off being the big man insulting people based on disagreement over political views, then slink back to the nubiles. I always understood that was the reason for his interest in a subforum.


You shoulda already read this.. it's obvious, you have'nt

Case in point.
 
I was a little obtuse, but you are usually swift on the uptake.Which is why I have to remember, more posts, less edits. I actually thought that was the joke you were making.

_________________________________________________________

Can I assume your record once stood at 3-5, and you were meaning finally overcoming the once deficit, current tie?

That is a lot of citizenship, by the way. Kudos.

I am trying to think back to elections and consider which way I would assume you would vote but ten, 4 year cycles is a lot of candidates under the bridge.

The first mock vote I participated in was Nixon's re-election. I was in California, nearest to Modesto. My 2nd grade class went (McGovern?) Only I and this blond girl with a boy cut, freckles, and a good right hook voted for Nixon.

3-5 is correct. I have gone WLLLWWLLWW.

If I added mock elections, my record would not get better...
 
Case in point.[/QUOTE]



You get what you ask for... and don't forget that book, you need it.


If you like I can see about some self help books that might help you develop a personality and help you not spend 20 hours a day here.
 
3-5 is correct. I have gone WLLLWWLLWW.

If I added mock elections, my record would not get better...

I'm trying to work that out backwards. What was the first election you were able to vote in? I dis-remember but I think Reagan/Mondale for me and only because voting age had been lowered to 18. I missed 08 because I was coming off a 12 hour night shift and my poling place was 3.5 hours away and I had to be back for another 12 hour night-shift.
 
I'm trying to work that out backwards. What was the first election you were able to vote in? I dis-remember but I think Reagan/Mondale for me and only because voting age had been lowered to 18. I missed 08 because I was coming off a 12 hour night shift and my poling place was 3.5 hours away and I had to be back for another 12 hour night-shift.

1976 Carter/Ford
 
1976 Carter/Ford

Same here. Memorable because I was in the Army in Germany, in morning formation and a Quartmaster corp lieutenant interrupted formation to talk to the captain (a rarity, this got everyones attention).

They then called MY name out and I was instructed to go with the QM lieutenant. The LT was in charge of the APO mailroom and I had to sign for my absentee ballot. Evidently I was the only guy in my unit who voted that year.

I voted for Jimmy Carter.
 
tumblr_ngfe0skhLi1s7ngy7o1_1280.png
 
more missing in mexico.

dead.

shot and burned.

please stop looking away.
 
googl translate has already altered the meaning of my title:

подручный Pookie в

now it's calling me pookie's henchman.
 
there is one person viewing this board.

the happiness i have right now is indescribable.
 
neci, please excuse my inattention. The mice have made a major incursion into the bird food bins and my kitchen counters. I had to attend to the problem.
(hahaha ha hah I will be putting Port-a-Potty boxes out there for the mice. No kill mice catchers.)

The mice also made a raid on the seeds I was saving for next year.

The pumpkins seeds, the Japanese squash seeds, and the sunflower seeds are gone.
I have to admit that I left them in Ziplocs. I did not put them in the glass jars.

I need to hire a mercenary cat. Are cats political creatures?

I put plenty of bird food and sunflowers seeds on the ground at the end of the property line. I set discarded pumpkin and squash seeds out there, too. The cracked stone cliff provides many cozy homes. Why are the mice mounting a rebellion?
 
tumblr_ngn93yRscq1r7l6n1o1_500.jpg


After Cleveland Browns wide receiver Andrew Hawkins wore a shirt that read “Justice for Tamir Brown and John Crawford” during Sunday’s warmup, the local police union president called his actions “pathetic” and demanded an apology. Today, Hawkins told reporters why he wore the shirt on the field and explained why he doesn’t believe he owes an apology to anyone.

“I was taught that justice is a right that, you know, every American should have,” Hawkins said in the Browns locker room. “And also, that justice should be the goal of every American and I think that’s what makes this country special.”

“A call for justice shouldn’t offend or disrespect anybody,” he continued. “A call for justice shouldn’t warrant an apology.”

Hawkins said he “utterly respects and appreciates” police officers who work for safety of all Americans, but he said he also recognizes that are “not so good” police officers out there. “My wearing the t-shirt wasn’t a stance against every police officer or every police department,” he said. “My wearing the t-shirt was a stance against wrong individuals doing the wrong thing for the wrong reasons to innocent people.”

“If I was to run away from the thing in my soul that I thought was the right thing to do, that would make me a coward, and I couldn’t live with that,” Hawkins added. He said that when he saw the news about 12-year-old Tamir Rice being shot and killed, he thought about the same thing happening to his two-year-old son and it “scared the hell” out of him. That was the “number one reason” he chose to make his views known by wearing the t-shirt.


http://revolutionary-mindset.tumblr.com/post/105297055920/after-cleveland-browns-wide-receiver-andrew
 
I don't agree with what he thinks happened but how tone deaf are the cops to want to silence him expressing his frustration with what he feels happened??

Never-mind that stifling free expression by the state raises my hackles, it is horrible PR.
 
Back
Top