I feel like we need a new thread...What's your favorite type of restraint?

Well... I'm not sure, but it may be because I worked in an environment where we used handcuffs, leg restraints, waist belts, and padded five-point restraints in extremis. But, when it came time for sexy times with Love, I just wasn't really a big fan of mechanicals. I did get a velcro padded restraint system for her with straps that could be run under the mattress. And she seemed to enjoy it the rare occasions when I utilized it. But, for me... Nah.


I much preferred using my body to trap hers if I used anything other than mental and voice commands for her to employ self-restraints.


The mental games and voice commands were a little more fun for me because it could make "the bedroom door" a little more flexible. One of my favorite memories was a Christmas party with her co-workers when I made her climax twelve times in two hours without ever touching her or anyone having the first idea of what was going on. (And in all honesty, I don't know that I could have with anyone other than her.)


However, both of us... well, had times that we needed something a little more physical. And during those times, I needed... well, to know that it was me controlling her rather than anything mechanical.

But, I'm not completely sure that it's anything I can teach (or should even try to).

As an example, way back in the time before time when I strapped on pads and a gorilla face cage, I was a Center. And one of the exercises I was assigned was one-handed pull-ups using a towel around a ceiling support. However, I wasn't allowed to grip the towel normally. Instead, I had to wrap my thumb in the same direction as my fingers, in effect supporting my weight with my fingers instead of my full grip.


"What in the fuck does your football workout have to do with shit?" I'm getting to it.


The last time I remember being tested, I was capable of generating 65psi with my right hand and 62 with my left. When I gripped both of her wrists in one hand, she wasn't getting away, no matter how hard she tried, until I let her.


I also had quite a bit of training in seven martial arts that gave me a leg up in grappling techniques. (Before anyone goes getting all excited, I don't claim a black belt in any, and in several never stood a single test.) I used a lot of leverage and my body (and hers) to bind and restrain her.


Any road, I guess there is one technique we used pretty often that it wouldn't cause any harm for me to share. While she was on her back with me licking her pussy, I would trap her wrists beside her hips in my hands and use my shoulders to push her legs up until her knees were on her chest. My forearms kept her from spreading her legs any wider. My shoulders kept her from lowering them since she didn't have the body strength or leverage to shift me. And, as I said, she wasn't going to get her wrists loose until I let her. And I wasn't going to let her until I thought she'd had enough orgasms. (Usually one more than she thought she could.)


I will note, however, that I did have to be extremely careful restraining her by my strength and body bindings. I don't recall a single time that we got "forcefully playful" that she didn't sport at least light bruises for a day or two. Although, she never had any torn muscles or injured joints, which is possible using some of that. So, I'm not sure if I would suggest this option to anyone who didn't have quite a bit of training in other venues and the strength differential to pull it off.


BUT, there were times that I would use the velcroed padded restraint system to torment her. Generally, times when actual penetration wasn't on my menu selection for what I was going to inflict on her. From tickle torture to teasing her that I was going to leave and leave her like that to that I was going to invite someone over to see her that way. (Have a great picture of her flipping the two-fisted bird from that position after I'd teased that I was going to send a copy to her ex-husband that I'll never share. :D)

Any road, that's probably not what you were after with this thread, so I'll pack my bat and ball(s) and wander off to go see what else I can Puck up.

Keep it safe, sane, and consensual. And party on, dudes (and dudettes). :cool:
 
my-wife-my-best-tie-cartoon_u-l-pgpoqx0.jpg
 
I’ve used all kinds.
From regular household items, specialty store bought, and currently use a collar/cuffs/leash set I custom made for her. Steel, hemp, leather, nylon, silk, pvc, latex, plastic, cotten. They all have their places and uses.

But my favorite thing to use to bind her, is my voice. Tone, inflection, volume. One of the most basic and important tools at our disposal, and using it right yields better results than any physical restraints I’ve ever tried.

When I tell you to come, you come. When I tell you to cum, you cum. And when I tell you to hold still or else. Well... :rose:
 
I’ve used all kinds.
From regular household items, specialty store bought, and currently use a collar/cuffs/leash set I custom made for her. Steel, hemp, leather, nylon, silk, pvc, latex, plastic, cotten. They all have their places and uses.

But my favorite thing to use to bind her, is my voice. Tone, inflection, volume. One of the most basic and important tools at our disposal, and using it right yields better results than any physical restraints I’ve ever tried.

When I tell you to come, you come. When I tell you to cum, you cum. And when I tell you to hold still or else. Well... :rose:

:heart:
He speaks the truth.
 
Rope mainly. As an avid fisherman you learn to love knots. Though I’d like to find some a nice set of Velcro. The speed at which you can use those :D
 
Last edited:
I have two related but unconventional likes in restraints, at least for occasional use. First, simply placing some ribbon or dental floss across her wrists or ankles with firm orders to treat them as if they were the heaviest of chains or the most tightly tied ropes. A variation on this is to use no physical restraints at all but still demand that she hold herself in place as if bound as firmly as possible.

I've done something similar to nice effect. A necktie or a belt securely fastened to the bed, wound around their wrists, with the end gripped in their hand. They can struggle mightilly and stay secure, but all they have to do to release themselves is to let go. They don't, though.

Tied by her hair. And yes, I can braid...

Interesting idea.
 
I'm cheap, mostly. I have accumulated about twenty neckties and have found they work the best and if they get wrecked in all the fuss and muss of a good MS session, so what. Blindfolds, gags, noose, and tie downs (sounds like what you do to your airplane: tie-down).

Besides, they look great!

Woody
 
On other people, big, wide straps that can be tightened pretty snugly without hurting. Just looks so nice and allows so little movement. On me i don't have a strong opinion, it doesn't happen very often.
 
Another off-the-shelf source for restraining tape is sold in hardware stores as plastic twine. It's about 3 inches wide and sticks only to itself. I keep some in my car for binding pieces of lumber to bring them home to my shop.


Nice idea.

Do you have a link or picture?
(I have never seen them around here)
 
My first time was good old fashioned rope, but the best was a former lover's Liberator gear where he could strap my wrists as i laid on my back, with my legs off the end and my asshole ready for his ministrations. He added a blindfold on occasion.
 
Cuffs and collar. please.

I dislike being restrained, but (perhaps paradoxically) I find it exciting to submit to the constant possibility of being restrained, instantly, with the snap of a carabiner or two.
 
A stockade for a very naughty lady to get a good spanking and also an ace bandage or two when she wants to be tied up.
 
All kinds of restraints have their purpose and some are more desirable to people than others. I really like metal handcuffs, because they can be quick and they are very efficient. Also, in my years as a security officer, I used them a lot, so I can say I'm more than skilled at the correct use of them for making them just tight enough that they don't hurt the wrist, yet not so loose that they can be slipped out of.

What I don't like about metal hand cuffs is how they can end up hurting the wrists, when my captive either tries to get loose, thrashes around or maybe ends up laying on them, if her wrists are cuffed behind her back. All of those things are good ways to get red wrists and maybe even bruises, in some areas, if someone really is trying to get loose.

The wrist doesn't usually have a lot of tissue on it, so it's mostly skin and bone. The metal rubs against the skin and so does the bone. The result is one sore wrist. If that is your intent, by all means, metal handcuffs are perfect for it.

Some people like that result and call it a trophy. That's fine, but in the hot days of summer, if someone is trying to conceal their particular fetish of bondage enjoyment, it is really difficult to do. In the winter months, it can even be seen, depending on how bad the wrists look. I guess your mileage will vary on something like that.

But, with my years of enjoying bondage and rough play with my captives, I've found other ways to keep them where I put them and how I have put them. Velcro is the best, if you ask me. You can find it at most Home Depots, and even Walmart, these days. The wider the better, because it holds better and there is also more surface to spread any wear around on the wrists.

I prefer the 2 inch size and it comes in boxes of 15 and 25 feet, from what I've seen. It comes in two strips, with a sticky backing on the reverse of each. The hook part is the rough part and the smooth part is the part that looks like a carpet.

You take some time, and slowly remove the plastic strip that covers the sticky backing on both halves, and then slowly press the two together. The closer you get to a perfect connection, the better it's ultimately going to work for you. If you don't press them together as perfectly as you can, you will have some of that sticky area exposed. You can cut that away, but I've found it better to take my time and match the two halves together as close to perfect as possible.

From then, all that's left to do is cut it into strips the length you want. Some would be shorter for wrists and some could be longer for ankles. You could also have some very long for securing someone to a table, etc.

And what I've also found that works best is to keep the soft side closest to the body. It's very simple to do. You just find which side that is, and start wrapping with it first. Everything follows just fine, once you start that way.

After that, you decide how much you feel you need to keep someone secure. With the 2 inch width, it really doesn't take much to keep someone from moving around. Once completely around the wrist is more than enough. The only real way to counter Velcro bonds is by twisting sideways, against the wrap.

Unless you are very strong, it's not likely you will be able to use strength alone to pull it apart. Maybe with the 1 inch version, but not the 2 inch version. There is just too much surface of that hook and loop holding in place.

The only draw back of Velcro is with time, the two parts will slowly lose their properties and stop working. With repeated use, they do eventually wear out. But all you need to do is cut that area off and you're back in business again. Either that, or cut your longer sections down to fit wrists and get new to replace the longer ones.

It's all up to you and because it lasts a long time, Velcro is relatively cheap, when you look at other bondage methods. Well, rope is pretty cheap and it lasts a long time with minimal care. But, if you are looking for something that doesn't leave nasty marks, rope is not your friend.

And finally, but for sure not lastly, it's very easy to remove in an emergency. You don't need to cut it, like rope and you don't need to find the key like handcuffs. And some of the more advanced metal devices need a hex key to remove them.

You have EMS scissors to remove the rope, because it's the fastest way unless you're an old retired sailor who knows a quick knot that holds well and is easy to remove, in a hurry. The others, aren't really that fast, unless you are quite agile with your hands and a key when you have a squirming captive who is either in pain from a leg cramp, needs to use the bathroom or maybe is about to throw up because you decided to play too soon after eating a big dinner.

All of these methods will work just fine in a minor rush. But in an actual emergency, Velco is far better than any of the others. And while it's still a good idea to have EMS scissors handy, it's doubtful you will ever need them, like you might with rope. That's a fact.
 
Last edited:
hi

maybe just a collar. i think voluntary submission for example-caning on bare bottom- is better.
 
I have two related but unconventional likes in restraints, at least for occasional use. First, simply placing some ribbon or dental floss across her wrists or ankles with firm orders to treat them as if they were the heaviest of chains or the most tightly tied ropes. A variation on this is to use no physical restraints at all but still demand that she hold herself in place as if bound as firmly as possible.



I’ve always found this to be a punishment, it’s so anxiety inducing to be made to use that type of self control over the comfort of bindings.
 
In the past I have had my dominant gay partner use various ways. One had Liberator gear with wrist restraints that elevated my ass and allowed my legs free to wrap around his waist. Being tied face down to our brass bedstand with neckties or ropes is one way my husband uses me. He ties me facedown and sometimes blindfolds me so I am completely helpless for his pleasure, with my cock trapped between me and the bedsheets. I love this form of submission.

My first time in a BDSM situation was in Thailand and involved a rope. My oartner, a handsome Australian hotel manager, invited me to spend the weekend with him. We were naked and he slid up behind me and reached into a drawer and pulled out a length of rope. I had never submitted like this but I felt quite calm and excited as he tied my wrists behind me. He led me to the bed, placed me facedown with a pillow under my groin, and held me tight and fucked me, slowly at first, but stronger and stronger as he grew more excited, telling me how much he liked his bitch to surrender like this. It was incredibly exciting for me too, and we both enjoyed complete satisfaction. We did a bit if noose play later that weekend, and I have been a fan of noose art ever since.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top