Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been moaning about how nervous I was, but I surprised myself hugely today.

I tied for first in weapons, took third in the kata, and second in kumite/sparring. I'm proud of myself. :)

You did better than my first tournament. Very well done! :rose:
 
I am UBERproud of you!!!!!!:kiss:

Thank you. :kiss:

You did better than my first tournament. Very well done! :rose:

Thank you. :kiss:

I'd have pics to post, but our photographer (a karate mom) told me that somehow me and her daughter always ended up in two different rings at the same time. The only pics of me are after the tourney, and I look like shit.

Another highlight of the day: a sensei from another dojo, one down in Montgomery, came up to me afterwards, and asked how long I'd been training. I told him only since May or June, and the look of surprise on his face was intensely gratifying. He told me I looked really great out there (he'd been one of the judges in two of my three events), hugged me, and made me promise I'd keep training, and stay with karate, said that I showed much promise.

All in all, it was a really great day. :)

Now to get through testing on Friday.
 
I've been moaning about how nervous I was, but I surprised myself hugely today.

I tied for first in weapons, took third in the kata, and second in kumite/sparring. I'm proud of myself. :)

Woot!! You rule. Congrats! :)
 
I started playing the game Minecraft last night. That was probably a mistake...

I am also supposed to get paid later today. Wee! :D :nana: :nana: :D
 
Can't a question be just for the sake of interest or learning and not intended as baiting?
 
I got paid today! :D It's only half of what my boss owes me, but I don't really give a shit. It's enough to survive for a while longer. He said he will get me the other half of what he owes me in the coming week or so, so I should be all good in a little bit :D

Also, I finally shaved after two weeks of not. That feels so refreshing :D
 
I have been playing the game Minecraft. It is a time sink if you are O.C.D. at all (and I am, not as bad as some, but I am). I started building a castle, which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to quarry all of my resources, and use a small stone shovel to clear-cut the hill where I am building it.
 
My mind wants to skip kung fu tonight and go home to play Minecraft. My body wants to work out though. I will be going to kung fu. I still have passion for it. But I am also getting addicted to Minecraft. I should uninstall it and forget about it, but I love it too much...
 
Why is it raining out? I don't want to make the long drive to kung fu class in the rain tonight... (or the long drive home for that matter :rolleyes: ).
 
I'll never forget the way she walked, or the way her hair swung behind her. She wore impossible platform heels, but she never tottered. She walked in them just like she walked barefoot, suspended above the earth, floating on her own cloud.
I think about looking for her sometimes, finding out what happened to her. But maybe it's better that she stays 19 and perfect, the way she is my photo album, never aging, with her Paul McCartney smile.
I wonder if she wonders about me.
 
I'll never forget the way she walked, or the way her hair swung behind her. She wore impossible platform heels, but she never tottered. She walked in them just like she walked barefoot, suspended above the earth, floating on her own cloud.
I think about looking for her sometimes, finding out what happened to her. But maybe it's better that she stays 19 and perfect, the way she is my photo album, never aging, with her Paul McCartney smile.
I wonder if she wonders about me.

I went through that the other day. Found her on Facebook. 25+ years later. I didn't message.
 
But you still searched....

I did. And got nothing for my pains except more doubts. With her it was over before it even started. As close to "two ships passing in the night" as you can get. Sometimes it is better to leave the past in the past. Other times it isn't. Each act, each scene is different as the actors change.
 
As I recall, learning to swim was not that hard.
Getting out of the toe sack, now there was a problem.
Such is life. :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top