all music sucks to me lately

Someone said you had a band. If you can play music then why don't you try to write some. I am serious. I bet others are like you and don't find what they are looking for out there. I bet you could do it.

Follow Dustin's lead.

He seems to have embraced his long lost youthful lust for music.

AP617939758685.jpg

Did Indysnob post in here? Has he posted his annual best of (current year) picks? Come out of hiding you lawn dart playing mutherfucker and get to it if you haven't already.

i'm tired of the stuff i used to like
the new stuff is horrible
country is broken
and my new guitar strings sound tinny

it's a good thing the world is ending

Change the batteries on your hearing aids.

Or take the batteries out. That improves much modern music.

You need to get out and see live music in small venues.

Young bands sorting out their craft.

Not cover bands. Bands doing original stuff.

A lot of it is tripe. A lot of it not.

It's power is in the artists' need to create and perform. .

Last edited:
country has been broken for decades. sure, it's getting worse and it's now basically just superwhite pop and rehashed generic rock, but this really shouldn't be all that shocking. country has always been all about making money and telling creativity and original thinking to go fuck themselves.

You need to get out and see live music in small venues.

Young bands sorting out their craft.

Not cover bands. Bands doing original stuff.

A lot of it is tripe. A lot of it not.

It's power is in the artists' need to create and perform. .

Our town has a rock competition in our public houses for two weeks in the summer. The number of bands entering is enough to have three different ones in each pub for the two weeks. Some of the bands have never performed in front of an audience and it shows.

The judges just have to watch the audience. If the smokers go outside for a cigarette break the band is poor. If EVERYONE goes outside, smokers or not, the band is bad. If everyone goes outside and it is raining, the band is appallingly awful.

The winners and two runners up get a session on our main festival stage leading up to the performance by the headline act. They could be performing in front of several thousand people.

Our town has a rock competition in our public houses for two weeks in the summer. The number of bands entering is enough to have three different ones in each pub for the two weeks.

The judges just have to watch the audience. If the smokers go outside for a cigarette break the band is poor. If EVERYONE goes outside, smokers or not, the band is bad. If everyone goes outside and it is raining, the band is appallingly awful.

The winners and two runners up get a session on our main festival stage leading up to the performance by the headline act. They could be performing in front of several thousand people.

I've seen those take-a-smoke-in-the-rain bands before.

I live in a college town. Loads of bands that seem to be forever shifting players. Lots of different influences and directions.

Loads of dreck. But a lot of creativity, too, that dispels any suggestion that there's no good music being made today.

also, if i have to sit through kid rock singing over warren zevon one more goddamned time i'm gonna kill some people.

i'm tired of the stuff i used to like
the new stuff is horrible
country is broken
and my new guitar strings sound tinny

it's a good thing the world is ending

Ive been listening to muford and sons lately.

Also try some elixer strings. I used to swear by martin reds but these elixer nanowebs have changed my mind. They last forever too.

is this good? i just don't know anymore.

I think so.

What I have generally against modern pop music is that the product is generally a song about nothing accompanied by frantic percussion and sung by a weak voice. There is usually no melody or rythym so the song has no feel to it. I assume the entertainment is provided by costumes and prancing around on the stage.:rolleyes:

A far as I know this style (female singer, piano guitar) is generally the best of what is coming out. Truth is that artists from the good old days are old and close to dying off.

Last edited:
Back