To Capture a Captain's Heart (closed)

Kayla sat exhausted in a padded chair, her head resting wearily against her hand as the tailor started to speak about her situation. She was stunned that the woman had anything to say at all, but she supposed that her appearance had taken quite a sharp turn. Her cheeks were looking hollow, her eyes bruised from the constant tears, she had lost weight and was incredibly thin.

“He’ll kill my family. I don’t see anything good in that situation.” She said softly, knowing the woman could very well tell Olaf all that she said. “But I suppose you’re right.”
 
"One day you'll find a joy... perhaps your children," she offered. Even though they would be Olaf's, it was still somewhat a nice idea.

The dress was soon finished and all was set in order for the wedding to take place that night. Hope seemed scarce.
 
“Perhaps.” She said softly as the woman left her alone.

Kayla paced the confines of her room, crying every so often as the wedding dress was delivered, along with the crown jewels of Norway. As she stared at the glittering crown that rested on her bed, she felt her stomach roll in the most nauseating way. She should have worn her mother’s tiara, the sweet and simple one that her mother had taken from her home in the highlands. How she wished Ma could have been there in that moment to hold her hand and talk her thought this moment.

“I’m so sorry, Christopher.” She murmured softly as her fingers traced along the intricately stitched gown of light blue.
 
As the sun threatened to set, Kayla was helped by the tailor to dress and she was prepared until she looked perfect before being escorted to the great hall where Olaf awaited her in his ceremonial armor. The ceremony would be quick and they would have a feast, and then Olaf intended to stake his claim as soon as possible. It would solidify his power over her and destroy her family's hopes for her. And Olaf was a man more of emotional warfare than physical. The more hopeless and mentally weakened his enemy was, the more easily he could slit their throats.

They stood before a Norse priest as he spoke, but it all seemed faraway and even though Kayla was surrounded by men, she was never more alone in all her life.
 
Kayla was in a haze. She barely noticed Olaf or his men as they stood in the great hall of her beloved keep. Her dress was beautiful and shimmered in the candlelight, a gown befitting royalty, but she couldn’t enjoy it. The crown upon her brow was heavy, making her head ache fiercely as the Norse priest began his ceremony in a language that she couldn’t understand. As her hand was placed in Olaf’s she had to struggle not to pull away, her fingers clenching his briefly before she relaxed and focused on simply surviving.
 
It was quick and the priest guided her in the traditional bits. Thankfully a sealing kiss was not a part of this sort of wedding, that was more a Christian ideal. The moment that sealed her fate was when Olaf drew his blade and both he and Kayla asked Odin to bless their union as was tradition.

It was short and quiet, but that seemed almost worse than a large wedding with pomp and circumstance. It was too intimate for the bride and groom being strangers to one another. But it was soon over and Kayla was sat at the head table with her new... husband, as the small feast was served.
 
Kayla didn’t touch the food that was placed before her. She simply stared down at the wooden table as Olaf laughed and entertained his men. The ring upon her finger felt heavy, unfamiliar. She wanted to take it off and throw it across the keep, but she knew that he would very likely slit her throat for such an infraction.

“I believe I shall retire to my room, my lord.” She said softly, finally turning her gaze towards Olaf. “I find myself with a splitting headache.”
 
Olaf nodded, and a guard followed her to keep watch outside the room. The windows were all barred so there was no escape, Olaf was intent on keeping her. But at least she had some quiet and privacy as she entered her room and the door closed behind her. Olaf would come soon, though.
 
Kayla took in a deep breath as she stood in her quiet room. Olaf had added bars to her once sunny and bright space, making her a virtual prisoner in her own home. Still, in her space she was free to do as she wished and the first thing that she did was remove the crown and the ring that weighed her down. It was an instant relief.
 
It was an hour before Olaf himself entered, locking the door behind. He set aside his blade on the desk, eyeing Kayla with interest. "Tell me... would you rather stay in Scotland or return to Norway? After all, Scotland will be a part of Norway one day soon."
 
“Does it really matter?” Kayla asked her new husband as she sat on the edge of her bed, looking down at the delicate slippers that were still upon her feet. “I suppose I will have to be wherever you want to live. The decision is yours.”
 
"Hm. You don't make anything easy, do you? Did you not consider that perhaps I do value your opinion?" He crossed his arms as he looked down at her. "Enemy countries or not, we may as well get along."
 
“Get along?” Kayla asked, looking up at Olaf as he crossed his arms and looked down at her. “Did you not consider that you are holding my family captive? That I have no opinions.”

She felt angry that he would even say that and soon she was pushing herself off the bed and standing to her full height. “How dare you. You slaughtered my only love. You expect me to hold my tongue and do what a good girl does. I would rather drive a dagger deep into your belly then be your wife.”

"It doesn't matter to me where we live. Both Norway and Scotland are now like hell to me." With that, she spun away from him, intent on stalking away.
 
Olaf immediately seized her by the arms with a snarl and pulled her back, pinning her to the wall with force. "You'll learn your place before the night is through, girl." With that, he drew his knife and ripped her dress and undergarments open with it, leaving her suddenly bare before him.
 
Kayla let out a scream of surprise as Olaf seized her roughly by the arms, pulling her back to pin her to the wall with a dark snarl. She struggled against his firm grip, holding her there easily. She winced as he told her that she would learn her place and she struggled again as he pinned her hands above her head, drawing his knife and ripping the beautiful dress from her body.

She let out another shriek as she was suddenly left in only her stockings and shoes, her body trembling as a man looked upon her for the first time. Delicate was the only way to describe Kayla. Unlike her sister Selena who was tall and sturdy, Kayla was finely formed with petite features that looked as if they would snap under any sort of strain. Her skin was creamy pale, not a blemish or freckle in sight. Her breasts were small, a little more than a handful for most men, capped with pale pink nipples. Her jewel was hidden by a little thatch of dark hair and she squeezed her thighs tightly together to keep her husband from seeing any more.

“You’re a monster.” She hissed at him. “I hate you.”
 
"Since when have I cared who hates me?" Olaf smirked before he turned her to face the wall, keeping her hands pinned while he tore off his decorative chestplate and unbuttoned the front of his trousers. He kept her hands with one of his own and took her hip with the other, forcing her backward a bit so that he could take her. He paused, though, leaning down to whisper in her ear, "You are going to bear a son for me, my pretty little wife. Any daughter you give me before my first son, will be drowned in the river." With that, he shattered her world with a painfully hard thrust that tore away her virginity and her chastity.
 
Kayla struggled against his grip, whimpering as he started to strip the armor from his chest, unbuttoning his trousers. She let out a cry as his hand grabbed her hip, pressing her back against the wall before stepped between her legs, preventing them from closing. She let her eyes drift close as Olaf leaned down and whispered horrible things against her ear, telling her that he would drown any daughters she bore him until a son came along. Then, he did the unthinkable.

Kayla screamed, her voice full of terror and pain as his thick cock invaded her body and took away what was so precious to her. She bucked her hips against him, sobbing as she tried to pull her hands free from his grasp.

“Stop! Please stop!” She begged him, her eyes bright with fear as she looked up at her husband.
 
"It'll be over soon enough," he growled, taking her with no intimacy or care at all. He left bruises and she would be in pain for some time after this. Hopefully the first time was the worst, and any after this would be bearable...

But even worse, he seemed intent on enjoying her while he ravaged her body. His free hand wandered over her belly and chest and even dared to venture to her clit and play with it a bit too roughly to be pleasurable. Thankfully, he was honest and it was over quickly. He pinned her tightly to the wall, and she felt his seed fill her belly like a fire inside her before he pulled from her body. He practically threw her on the bed, taking his blade in his hand again. "I'll give you one mercy: you don't have to be in my company once I've finished with you." With that, he fixed his trousers and picked up his chestplate. Olaf left the room and locked it behind him.
 
Kayla whimpered with each thrust into her body, clenching her jaw to keep from crying out in pain. He grunted and growled, taking his pleasure as he held her captive. How could this have happened, she asked herself as she let her mind wander while his free hand skimmed over her breasts, down her belly, roughly fondling her folds until she whimpered in fear again.

Then all too soon she felt his body press her tightly to the wall, a groan leaving his lips as he stiffened and filled her with his seed. It scalded like fire and Kayla felt tears start to fall. She did this for her family, she told herself over and over again. They were the only thing in her life that mattered now, even if she would never see them again.

She let out a cry as he pulled from her body and nearly launched her onto the bed. She landed in a heap, looking up at him with a mixture of fear and disgust as he righted his clothing and left the room, leaving her in peace as he locked it. She trembled as she started to sob, curling up in a ball on her soft coverlet, crying out her pain and torment into her hands.

“Christopher…” She called, hoping that he heeded her cry no matter where his spirit was.
 
Just as she spoke his name, she heard the distant roars of men. An army... and not Olaf's or Sarah's, and then she heard a metallic breaking sound and a scuffling before a familiar, gentle hand rested upon her back. Olaf's roar for a counterattack sounded in the distance as strong arms encircled Kayla's broken form, and she heard a voice that just didn't seem real.

"Milady Kayla... Forgive me..." It was her Captain.
 
Kayla cried further as she heard the sound of an army and Olaf’s furious roar, calling for an attack. A gentle hand pressed against her naked back, stroking down the column of her body before two strong arms lifted her from her bed. She shook her head, pressing her nose against his throat as she took in the familiar scent of her Captain, sobbing all the harder as his voice floated to her.

“Take me with you, Christopher. I want to die.” She begged him, not sure if he were a ghost or alive. “Please take me with you.”
 
"No, milady... I want you alive and here with me," he kissed her forehead and brought her to a chair beside her wardrobe. "We have to go, Kayla, before the battle takes off. Lady Julia has returned." He brought a dress from her wardrobe and helped her to put it on before he returned to the window he'd broken open. "I'll keep you safe if you just stay close, milady."
 
“You came back for me, Captain?” She asked him, letting out a relieved sigh as he kissed her forehead and quickly dressed her bruised and shaking body. Kayla watched his sure fingers pull the ties of her gown together and soon she grabbed his arm, her shaking fingers holding him tightly as he pulled her towards the window.

“He’ll kill me, Christopher.” She murmured softly, her eyes full of tears and terror. “Olaf will kill me if I leave. He’ll kill my family too.”
 
Christopher looked down at her a moment, lost in thought. His gaze dropped to the floor before he drew his sword. "Then I will kill him first and we'll be free of him." He was resigned to success or death, as a true officer was. He straightened his damaged uniform, staring at the door to await the man he knew would come.

And Olaf did come, finding Sarah had fled. He was intent to use Kayla to stop the battle and gain the upper hand, until he saw Christopher and went pale. "You... you can't..." he stuttered. "I... I killed you!"
 
“No, you have to go.” Kayla begged him, gasping as Olaf burst into the room and paused when he caught sight of Christopher.

“Captain, please go!” She begged him again, pulling herself in between her husband and the captain.
 
Back
Top