Mad Men Madness (with a poll! wait for it!)

How do you feel about the TV Show Mad Men?

• Obsessed. Love it. I don't miss an episode.

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • It's a good show. I watch it sometimes.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I can take or leave it.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • It's precious and overweening. Not interested.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't watch TV.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Is this about Alfred E Neuman?

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tonight's the night! The new (albeit short) season of Mad Men starts at 10 pm est. It will be 1969. Poor, poor Don Draper. He's gonna be such an anachronism!

mad-men-season-7-poster.jpg

I almost can't stand to watch it knowing it will be ending very soon.

I know what you mean. I must say though I ain't thrilled about 14 episodes spread over two years. When it's all done I want to watch all the episodes again, in order, cause every time I rewatch them, I notice new things.

I never thought I've love a show more than The Sopranos, but this one is it for me.

I know what you mean. I must say though I ain't thrilled about 14 episodes spread over two years. When it's all done I want to watch all the episodes again, in order, cause every time I rewatch them, I notice new things.

I never thought I've love a show more than The Sopranos, but this one is it for me.

I just started watching The Sopranos on demand a few months ago. I'm so glad I waited for it to be on HBO in their entirety. Instead of broken up by commercials and edited. Now I see what the fuss was all about.

Mad Men...there's so many layers.

I was shocked to read that the season premiere had the lowest viewers since 2008. Maybe it does have something to do with the split season. Seven episodes this year? Really! It won't make me stop watching, but it truly sucks.

On that note, it was fun to see Neve Campbell in the opening episode. Surely, her appearance is not going to be a little bitty cameo?

I feel guilty and a little ashamed because both character and actress are Canadian, but I can't stand Megan. She's just too long suffering and compliant. Also she looks as if she has bad breath, all beige teeth and gums. At least whiten her teeth. Sheesh!

edited to add.....I'm on season 6 on Netflix.

Last edited:
I just started watching The Sopranos on demand a few months ago. I'm so glad I waited for it to be on HBO in their entirety. Instead of broken up by commercials and edited. Now I see what the fuss was all about.

Mad Men...there's so many layers.

I grew up near NYC so part of the joy for me in these shows has to do with the locations. But the writing is spectacular. It's like reading a great, nuanced novel with all those layers and attention to the most minute detail.

I was shocked to read that the season premiere had the lowest viewers since 2008. Maybe it does have something to do with the split season. Seven episodes this year? Really! It won't make me stop watching, but it truly sucks.

On that note, it was fun to see Neve Campbell in the opening episode. Surely, her appearance is not going to be a little bitty cameo?

Apparently Neve was credited with a full character name (as opposed to "lady on plane" or some such), which suggests she'll be back. She is definitely Don's type.

I feel guilty and a little ashamed because both character and actress are Canadian, but I can't stand Megan. She's just too long suffering and compliant. Also she looks as if she has bad breath, all beige teeth and gums. At least whiten her teeth. Sheesh!

edited to add.....I'm on season 6 on Netflix.

Do you think she's a metaphor for Sharon Tate? :D

(She does have a gummy smile.)

On a carousel~

Here's the song that ended last night's episode, The Monolith. Damn, I forgot how good this song is!

Here's the song that ended last night's episode, The Monolith. Damn, I forgot how good this song is!

Watched a few episodes on AMC, I assume it's the new season. intriguing seeing the machinations and having the foresight to know just how smart or not the characters are. yeah, nice, good music

Watched a few episodes on AMC, I assume it's the new season. intriguing seeing the machinations and having the foresight to know just how smart or not the characters are. yeah, nice, good music

I love it because it's the story of the 1960s and yes the music is always great. :D

And now for some obligatory Mad Men-isms~

cbaf9b509e7693ccb9d0461310a6bd3f.jpg

roger-sterling-drinking1.jpg

Have a drink. It'll make me look younger.
Roger Sterling

BettyDraper.jpg

The Betty Draper epic bitch face.

Back