Blase's Beach House

*Stops by, finds the small strip of beach empty and sets to rekindling the bonfire that burned out some time ago*

It's amazing how many stars you can see once you get away from city lights. The night sky really does look like a carpet of diamonds.

I'd forgotten.

Sigh...I've just moved away from the ocean. Do you mind if I sit for awhile?

*unfolds a canvas chair and offers it to Ruby*

I don't mind at all. Please, sit and be comfortable.

May I offer you anything? Perhaps a glass of wine? I could even put something on the grill.

*sitting down*
Thank you. I miss the sounds of the ocean.
Wine would be lovely.

*hands you a glass of white wine*

I hope you like this - It's more sweet than dry.

The ocean isn't terribly loud here because the the water is fairly deep right off the rocks. Except for the tiny stretch of beach over to the right.

But even on a calm day like this, the small waves gently slapping the rocks have a music of their own.

Beach house...what a wonderful idea on this wet windy British Sunday!!!:)

Oxford Don! What a surprise!

We haven't actually been introduced, but I've heard of you, of course.

A pleasure to have you here!

Oxford Don! What a surprise!

We haven't actually been introduced, but I've heard of you, of course.

A pleasure to have you here!

Most kind!

I fancied a change of scenery...good to meet you...:)

Just sitting and watching the ocean...the waves lapping on the beach and the mist in the air

Most kind!

I fancied a change of scenery...good to meet you...:)

And you, as well.

I've seen some of your photographs and note that you seem to be something of a connoisseur of scenery, or landscapes. It takes real skill to photograph a place so that not just the appearance, but the feeling of it comes across.

Just sitting and watching the ocean...the waves lapping on the beach and the mist in the air

This is largest gathering the Beach House has seen to date!

And, truthfully, I've been in need of some company.

Good to have you all here.

And you, as well.

I've seen some of your photographs and note that you seem to be something of a connoisseur of scenery, or landscapes. It takes real skill to photograph a place so that not just the appearance, but the feeling of it comes across.

thanks - we are lucky with scenery here in the UK...glad you like them!:)

thanks - we are lucky with scenery here in the UK...glad you like them!:)

I'd love to visit the UK one day. Gardening is my passion, and it's not for nothing that England has been called the source of the Western tradition, where horticulture is concerned.

I'd love to visit the UK one day. Gardening is my passion, and it's not for nothing that England has been called the source of the Western tradition, where horticulture is concerned.

I love gardening - mine is not that large but packed with plants.

I was at Kew Gardens this week - glorious!

I'm afraid I'll have to run into town in a bit, but everyone should feel free to stay and enjoy themselves as long as they'd like.

I sent you a pm

I think I need a place of my own here. There are some great people on Lit and I'd like to get to know a few more of you.

So, let's put out the welcome mat and see what develops...

It may take me awhile to get things built out, but for starters...

Why not a beach house? One that sits on a rocky coast where the sky is blue, the sun is bright and the water is warm.

Maybe I'll just sit here on this flat rock for awhile and see who, if anyone, wants to come by and talk. There's plenty of room to sit, and a couple easy steps put you into water about waist-deep, should anyone feel like a swim.

Dress code? Utterly informal. I'm sitting here in my swim trunks, but that may change if I actually decide to swim. Ladies and gents can make their own choices.

So, please feel free to stop by and talk about anything from chocolate to the Large Hadron Collider. Conversation and laughter - as well as comfortable silences - will be commonplace, I hope. Naughtiness and nudity will be encouraged and appreciated.

And it all starts here, at the junction of (apologies to Stephen R. Donaldson) stone and sea...

HOPE u respond

Nan

*hands you a glass of white wine*

I hope you like this - It's more sweet than dry.

The ocean isn't terribly loud here because the the water is fairly deep right off the rocks. Except for the tiny stretch of beach over to the right.

But even on a calm day like this, the small waves gently slapping the rocks have a music of their own.

Sweet is fine *taking a sip*. Thank you Blase.
Hello to everyone else on the beach :)
There is definitely something pure and real about the sound of the ocean. Even better to meet new people to enjoy it with.

So quiet on the beach tonight. Anyone up for a warm snuggle while looking at the stars...listening to the waves?

Back