Closeted Hero?

JackLuis

Literotica Guru
Perhaps over looked in 'these modern times' are some of the most interesting and complex characters.
Among them John Edgar Hoover, G-Man!

Love him or hate him, or even remember him?

Washington born and bred, Jeger, rose to the top in the dog eat dog world of DC!

I remember the day he died, My best friend called at 0600, "Did you hear? Hoover's dead, call in sick, we're celebrating!"

I did.

Must be moldy, slow news night here.

The Video is well done and now that time has passed and his files, recovered, the fat man in the dress can come out.

I shudder to think what he looked like in drag!:eek:

Perhaps over looked in 'these modern times' are some of the most interesting and complex characters.
Among them John Edgar Hoover, G-Man!

Love him or hate him, or even remember him?

Washington born and bred, Jeger, rose to the top in the dog eat dog world of DC!

I remember the day he died, My best friend called at 0600, "Did you hear? Hoover's dead, call in sick, we're celebrating!"

I did.

And so did a lot of others.

No doubt to some Nixionians, Hoover was a Hero, didn't you read all the press?

After he died, I didn't think much about him. I'm surprised that he wasn't adopted by the Gays as a object lesson for closeted homosexuals.:)

No doubt to some Nixionians, Hoover was a Hero, didn't you read all the press?

After he died, I didn't think much about him. I'm surprised that he wasn't adopted by the Gays as a object lesson for closeted homosexuals.:)
"The Gays" have done so-- ever since the the forties... "The Straights" maybe weren't paying attention? ;)

I what way? I think you're letting a prejudice show.

I admit that I might be prejudiced toward JEH. He was a obstical to honest justice during his career.

I thought him an asshole, but never thought he was queer.

The video was interesting, I guess few looked at it. I was taken in by the fact that Hoover let the mob run free as long as he got the "Pre-Results on the ponies.

No, no, no. You suggested that closeted gay men adopt him as an object lesson. Why him and what object lesson?

What do all of the things we normally hate him for have to do with being a closeted gay--other than, in his case, as an example of hypocrisy. You only have to look at a bunch of Republican men in Congress to get the same hypocrisy story.

Why him and what object lesson?

Last edited:
No, no, no. You suggested that closeted gay men adopt him as an object lesson. Why him and what object lesson?

What do all of the things we normally hate him for have to do with being a closeted gay--other than, in his case, as an example of hypocrisy. You only have to look at a bunch of Republican men in Congress to get the same hypocrisy story.

Why him and what object lesson?

Did you watch ythe Video? It covered his whole carreer, in the tale of his transformation into the reality of his self there are several points where he could have taken the other way[, but didn't.

He was more than his sexuality, obviously.

I thought him an asshole, but never thought he was queer.

Speaking of Hoover, you might find Roy Cohn interesting - one of those people who ought to be better-known than he is. One of Joe McCarthy's sidekicks, instrumental in getting the Rosenbergs executed, crooked lawyer viciously anti-gay... and closet case who died of AIDS, although he claimed it was liver cancer when he wasn't pushing strings to get into AZT trials.

Did you watch ythe Video? It covered his whole carreer, in the tale of his transformation into the reality of his self there are several points where he could have taken the other way[, but didn't.

He was more than his sexuality, obviously.

No I didn't watch the video. It's old news. I'm responding to what you're posting about it.

I don't think Hero would ever be the right word.

I would go with Icon.

As for his "queerness" who cares? Guy wants to dress in drag, let him.

What's interesting is when you look back at how long it stayed secret. In this day and age if this was any major figure it would be viral and quickly.

Just look at the Clinton Lewinski situation. That was all the rage and Kenneth Star spent untold tax dollars trying to get him out of the white house.

JFK was fucking Marilyn on the White house desk and it was Camelot.

Now what's annoying about this thread is Pilot pretending to be a gay man so he can be offended and pick and argument.

Back