Need a pic resized for your Av? Post it here...

Re: Your Avatars

SlyFox said:
Hey Girl, You're making me crazy changing those beautiful AV's of your. This one is great too. You GO Girl:D

Every 50 posts, baybee, every 50 posts. :D

btw Thank you for the compliment. Maybe I'll drop by your house next if you're offering (or maybe accepting? "rewards" too???

Frequent Visitor Rewards? ;)
We might be able to arrange something.

:D
girl
 
Size limits on avs

Yes, they can be a max of 150x150 pixels, and 20kb. That makes .jpg a good format since you can compress it down without much loss of image quality, but many .gifs fit nicely, too.
 
Many Thanks!

Here goes the test AV.... *crossing fingers*

Wooooooohoooooooooo yes!!! 100 and going strong !


Thank you very much slyfox:) Your information was right on target ...I didnt have a problem at all :D And I had the same problem as you...I couldnt pick just ONE!! I have many now...this is just my newbie one :)

Thanks girl~~~ This is a great thread for those of us new here...and much appreciated !!

ohh, btw sly....did I saw reward??? ;) ummmm.... what do you think is proper and fair payment?? :p Name your price :p
 
Yes, they can be a max of 150x150 pixels, and 20kb. That makes .jpg a good format since you can compress it down without much loss of image quality, but many .gifs fit nicely, too.

Thank you very much, LukkyKnight *g* and I love your Green Man av. I have quite a ways to go before I can use an av, but it'll take awhile to find the one I want, so I'll start looking now.
 
So glad I found this..

This thread explains a lot. I couldn't understand why I couldn't get an av on here.

Has there ever been two or more with the same AV?

What time zone are most participants in?

Sorry so many questions, still a tight little virgen, that's all.
 
Re: So glad I found this..

Has there ever been two or more with the same AV?

I haven't seen two the same at the same time, but occasionally someone new puts up an av that someone else has already used at some point. The general consensus seems to be that the first person with a particular av has 'rights' over it...meaning if someone else uses it, it's in poor taste. But, again, that just seems to be the general thought.

What time zone are most participants in?

I think most folks are in the US, tho there are several people from Australia, New Zealand and Europe as well. The slowest times on the board seem to be from about 3am til sometime later in the morning, eastern US time.

Welcome to Lit :)
girl
 
Re: Many Thanks!

Thank you very much slyfox:) Your information was right on target ...I didnt have a problem at all :D And I had the same problem as you...I couldnt pick just ONE!! I have many now...this is just my newbie one :)

ohh, btw sly....did I saw reward??? ;) ummmm.... what do you think is proper and fair payment?? :p Name your price :p [/B]

Oh, you are more than welcome "Lucious". Glad to be of service. Love the Avatar you chose by the way. And what's with this "newbie" bit? - No one with an "Avatar" and "experienced" status can be classified a "newbie" - "virgin" maybe, but not newbie:)

Now, about that reward... hmmmm- Well, since you are in Indiana and I'm in Colorado I'll settle for a passionate "cyber" kiss and a rendition of "Lost in Your Eyes" :p

SlyFox
 
Re: Re: Many Thanks!

SlyFox said:


Oh, you are more than welcome "Lucious". Glad to be of service. Love the Avatar you chose by the way. And what's with this "newbie" bit? - No one with an "Avatar" and "experienced" status can be classified a "newbie" - "virgin" maybe, but not newbie:)

Now, about that reward... hmmmm- Well, since you are in Indiana and I'm in Colorado I'll settle for a passionate "cyber" kiss and a rendition of "Lost in Your Eyes" :p

SlyFox

Thanks Sly...ok...you found me out!! I confess....I am a virgin!!!! :eek:

Consider it done Sly...here is your reward..

*muuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh* (tongue included):p :p
Trust me ...you dont want to hear me song though...:D
If you ever cum this way....:p
Again thanks a bunch ...that is what I love about Lit...so many great people here!!!
 
HI I don't know what to do to post the picture. Could you please help? I put it in the attachments.
 

Attachments

  • fhr224.gif
    fhr224.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 484
Posting Your Avatar

Angelofsex said:
HI I don't know what to do to post the picture. Could you please help? I put it in the attachments.

First, go to your "Control Panel" (there's a link at the top of each page on all forums). Click on "Profile Options" and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Theres a field that says "Change Avatar" click on that and you can "browse" to find the picture that you attached to your message from your hard drive. Just double click on the file name of your new Avatar, then click on "Submit Changes" or "Update Profile" something like that and voila - Your new avatar will be posted on every message in every thread you have posted to... Have Fun.

SlyFox
 
Hi girl

I need some help with sizeing the pics. and installing them i reached hundred. You see a friend gave me his webtv until i can get my new comp. at least it keeps me intouch with people. The e-mail address phonegirl was to you if so i'll e-mail the pics. i like the glass horse a little more then alien land scape.
 
Yes, that email address is me. Feel free to email the pic(s)...where do you store pics if you're on webtv? I have no idea if you can upload pics as your avatar from webtv...? I'll bet Weird Harold knows tho. He has all the answers!

:D
girl - almost time for her to change her own av - a good one coming up ;)
 
I sent two pics. i can send them as attacment to e-mails you well see i fowarded on then i brought the pic. of the second one up and sent it as an attachment. Thats about what i can do.
 
girl said:
I have no idea if you can upload pics as your avatar from webtv...? I'll bet Weird Harold knows tho. He has all the answers!

I haven't tried it, but If you post the resized pictures here, he can use the URL of the attachment to load his avatar. (ATTACH.PHP may not work if it is checking for .JPG or .GIF at the end of the URL.)
 
zantac666

Okay, here's the first one. I think Weird Harold is right. When you click on this attachment, copy the URL from the address bar on your browser. Then, when you go to change your av, paste the URL into the appropriate place and it should use that pic.

:)
girl
 

Attachments

  • alienscape1-av.jpg
    alienscape1-av.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 318
zantac666

I did two of the glass horse. One is the full pic you sent, the other is the horse cropped first, which means the horse is a bit bigger in the second one.

A little variety and all.
:D
girl
 

Attachments

  • glasshorse1-av1.jpg
    glasshorse1-av1.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 249
zantac666

Second glass horse.

girl
 

Attachments

  • glasshorse1-av2.jpg
    glasshorse1-av2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 118
Girl

Thanks im going to have to figure out how to post it the glass horse might look better when the area around it is lighter other wise i'll go with alienscape thanks alt
 
Hi Girl

Could you e-mail them to me i'm tried to put them in my scrapbook but because they are not attached i can not put them there do you still have my e-mail address from when i sent them to you if not let me know right now i can not post my av. Thanks again for your help.
 
zantac666

You don't have to have them saved to use them for an avatar. If you click on the attachment in the above post (after deciding which you want to use) a new browser window should pop up with the picture in it. Highlight and copy the address of that page. Then go to 'User cp' then 'Edit Options' - at the bottom there is a button labelled 'Change Avatar'...click that, it will thank you for updating your profle, then direct you to another page. On that page, look for the entry that says: You can enter an URL of your avatar:. In that text box, delete what's there and then paste the address that you copied into the box, then save your changes. That should upload the pic as your av...

:)
girl
 
Got it to work

Finaly got it to work thank you very much. Take care
 
Back
Top