Just the Six of Us

Long stories build an investment in the reader. The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan took 23 years to write, included 14 books and the author died in the middle of writing number 12. Readers KEPT READING even though a younger author (Brandon Sanderson) was brought in to finish the series because they were invested in it.

A Song of Ice and Fire is almost twenty years old itself, has only 5 books which people ravenously consume and has spawned a television show that gets massive ratings and has a travelling exhibition just to show off stuff from the show. George RR Martin is a bit of a loon, in all honesty, and people KEEP READING.

I actually stopped reading The Wheel of Time because it took so long & because he seemed to lose his focus.

George R.R. Martin's books ... if it wasn't for the show (which I think is only okay) I'd have lost interest in them a few years ago. Thankfully, I only started the series 5 years ago, right before the show started.

When it comes to erotic novels on Lit, I find long stories more of a turn off than a turn on ... I'm here for the action, not the commitment. I'm only guessing that most readers are invested in Just the Six of Us more for the new jerk off scenes than the ongoing story.

I actually stopped reading The Wheel of Time because it took so long & because he seemed to lose his focus.

George R.R. Martin's books ... if it wasn't for the show (which I think is only okay) I'd have lost interest in them a few years ago. Thankfully, I only started the series 5 years ago, right before the show started.

When it comes to erotic novels on Lit, I find long stories more of a turn off than a turn on ... I'm here for the action, not the commitment. I'm only guessing that most readers are invested in Just the Six of Us more for the new jerk off scenes than the ongoing story.

My entire life I have always preferred books to TV or movies (although the Exorcist movie was damn good and as close to the book as two hours would allow) but for Game of Thrones?

I started the first book....are you kidding? I thought I was wordy....Martin could turn someone cutting their fingernails into one hundred pages.

The series....I've lost interest for the same reason five seasons in and we still have not seen this Zombie army that was marching at the end of season Two, Dragon Lady is still fooling about in another part of the world and the plot twists have gone in circles to the point I gave up, its getting to where its complicated for the sake of complication.

In other words....its thriving on hype over substance right now for many people just like the series in question here.

And you're right, its a stroker, as I said with one large faction of incest all you need is fucking, incessant ridiculous and and for no reason fucking.

Understand I am not critiquing this series as an author, we all write our own way and have ups and downs...

But as a reader? I've read comic books with more depth, Looney Tunes comics that is.

You shouldn't give up on the ASOIAF books too easily. Ultimately they're a far better story than the television series (which I love mainly for the cast) and they get streaks better after the first volume. (Having said that, I'm glad I read them in a single go recently and am not one of those fans who's been waiting forever between instalments. :D)

Daniel Matthews said:
A Song of Ice and Fire didn't get famous until the show was launched.

This is utter nonsense. The books were the reason there was a market for the show; their bestselling status is the reason a show ever existed. The show just boosted sales further.

Last edited:
The series....I've lost interest for the same reason five seasons in and we still have not seen this Zombie army that was marching at the end of season Two, Dragon Lady is still fooling about in another part of the world and the plot twists have gone in circles to the point I gave up, its getting to where its complicated for the sake of complication.

This is off topic to the point of the thread, but I have to say I totally agree about the GoT television series. They did the first season well, but particularly at the end of last season and now through the current season it's gone 'off book.' I'm fine with adaptation, but they teased things they shouldn't have early and now they are switching up plot lines between characters. In multiple plots they are progressing PAST, or at least throwing in extra plots, where the books currently are.

It's the same idea as how The Walking Dead show has veered off from the original comic book plots but still has touch points that are the same; except in my opinion you can do that with comics fairly successfully but epic fantasy is a different animal. You can cut to streamline, or even modify carefully (LotR movies for example) but adding can really fuck it up (like say, the Hobbit movies).

A bump because...well...I have reasons to believe the author is aware of this thread.

The eighteenth of this month makes seven months since the last chapter. The one that is supposed to be the final one (until the sequel of course)

Seven months of "don't worry, I'm writing, I'm working on it"

I'll be back to bump this at eight months, then nine...

This is off topic to the point of the thread, but I have to say I totally agree about the GoT television series. They did the first season well, but particularly at the end of last season and now through the current season it's gone 'off book.' I'm fine with adaptation, but they teased things they shouldn't have early and now they are switching up plot lines between characters. In multiple plots they are progressing PAST, or at least throwing in extra plots, where the books currently are.

It's the same idea as how The Walking Dead show has veered off from the original comic book plots but still has touch points that are the same; except in my opinion you can do that with comics fairly successfully but epic fantasy is a different animal. You can cut to streamline, or even modify carefully (LotR movies for example) but adding can really fuck it up (like say, the Hobbit movies).

My fifteen minutes of geekdom fame was my store and my name being mentioned in the letters page of Walking Dead #10

But I don't post my poetry here, I could be wrong, but don't feel there are a lot of people here who want to read spiritual poetry.

Probably due to the fact that there aren't a lot of people here who want to read any poetry.

sigh, yeah i remember when I read this series, It has turned to total drivel. It is for me another classic example of an author who just has no plan and can't really conceive an ending.

The first chapters weren't to bad, but alas nothing happens. Definitly isnt worth following anymore IMO

Last edited:
Well seeing you are posting here as well...

I know you are but what am I?
You're keeping a tab on an anonymous online author you say has a work that equals shit and don't like. I never understood the psych behind this behaviour. Perhaps you could explain it better yourself?

You're keeping a tab on an anonymous online author you say has a work that equals shit and don't like. I never understood the psych behind this behaviour. Perhaps you could explain it better yourself?

Let's leave it at I have reasons to bust this authors chops a bit.

And the only reason I am bothering is I am very certain he is reading this.

Let's leave it at I have reasons to bust this authors chops a bit.

And the only reason I am bothering is I am very certain he is reading this.

And you can't possibly pass up an opportunity to harass someone else into the ground. :rolleyes:

hmmm

he's a great writer though... I've read a lot of stories here before i finally decided to sign up... He's one of the best... The popularity is just getting to his head

Back