2012 Survivor: Offtopic & Chatting Thread

CrimsonMaiden

Pretty in Pink
Please put all posts that are off topic here. If you have an actual question about the contest or related to the contest, you can put it in the discussion thread (and then in the news, views, and announcements thread once it's created after the 2011's contest is put to bed). Complaining, griping, or off-topic posts in official threads will be moved here.

Chat away!

Good to see you back Freddie (BOSTONFICTIONWRITER/SUPERHERORALPH ETC) for another year of playing.

Erin, get a life. Take your medication. Stop imagining things.

You've accused me of being a dozen writers since 2007. Stop. You're making a fool of yourself.

Listen, Honey, we all know that you're crazy, but why wave the flag of lunacy over your head, every time you embarrass yourself by writing your stupidity.

I don't bother you. Please stop bothering me.

Please, for the last time, do not send me any more photos of you naked, topless, in your bra, in your panties and bra, and in just your panties.

I don't know who and where you stole those photos from, but I know that they are not of you, Mr. BakeBoss.

I will pray for you.

Here's hoping you'll get therapy in 2012.

Readers on Literotica love ongoing chapters if they want a storyline. Not sure how to figure out how many readers want a storyline versus a short stroke story.

The idea that I have mentioned about a million times is that if you are writing for Survivor you are writing to win, you are not writing for your fans. I know many people will argue with me but it's true. I would even say it's the same with the themed contests. Both have restrictions that may or may not work with your ability to please your fans.

I beg to differ with you, PrincessErin but, as usual, you're wrong.

Whether chapter stories, Survivor stories, contest stories, or stories posting to the board, readers want good stories. If there is one thing that I have learned from writing more than 900 stories and 6 million words that have amassed more than 100 million hits is that, whether a stroke story or not, readers want a quality story.

Even if they can't write a word and never have written a story, they know a good story from a shit story. They are our audience. They are who we write with the hope they'll read.

The stories that you typically write, readers don't want. A reader doesn't want a 1,200-1,500 that has no plot, no character development, no beginning, no middle, no ending, no dialogue, and no sex.

After writing here for 5 years, Erin, it's obvious that not only haven't you learned a thing about how to write a good story but also that you haven't grown as a writer. I can take the stories that you wrote in 2007 and compare them with the stories that you wrote in 2011 and, except that the stories you write now are twice as long as the 800 word size that you wrote in 2007, they are exactly the same, no plot, no character development, no beginning, no middle, no end, no dialogue, and no sex.

All of your characters are one dimensional talking heads. I can't see them. I can't feel them. You do not bring the reader into your story by telling them your story, you must show them the story by using imagery. Please, do us all a favor and take a creative writing class and/or a creative writing workshop. Buy a book and read how to develop characters.

And here you are advising someone else how to write a story. How dare you?

Tell me this, does your doctor know that you escaped the institution again? Does your wife know that you continue to send me naked photos of your sister, even though I asked you not to do that.

Every time I read one of your posts, Erin, or should I write, BakeBoss, you make me want to take a shower.

It would be really great if we could have a contest without the war between you two continuing. Take it here or off this survivor forum. Keep it out of the on topic threads. Thank you.

Last edited:
It would be really great if we could have a contest without the war between you two continuing. Take it here or off this survivor forum. Keep it out of the on topic threads. Thank you.

Crimson, as it is this year, as it was with previous years, look at the posts.

Who starts the shit? Not me. I mind my own business. I write stories.

Yet, if I'm being defamed and constantly accused of being someone else, I'm going to defend myself by posting a reply. PrincessAirHead sees BOSTONFICTIONWRITER everywhere.

Now, if you want us to keep it off the boards, then I suggest you put a leash around the neck of your co-worker, PrincessAirHead, BakeBoss, or who ever the fuck he is.

I am sick and fucking tired of being the one accused of causing trouble.

Let me ask you a question. How long did her post remain, before you decided to move it to the off topic thread? Further, I suggest, had I not replied to her mean spirited post, her accusation would have remained there the whole fucking year.

Clean your own dirty house, before pointing the finger at me, my dear.

Crimson, as it is this year, as it was with previous years, look at the posts.

Who starts the shit? Not me. I mind my own business. I write stories.

Yet, if I'm being defamed and constantly accused of being someone else, I'm going to defend myself by posting a reply. PrincessAirHead sees BOSTONFICTIONWRITER everywhere.

Now, if you want us to keep it off the boards, then I suggest you put a leash around the neck of your co-worker, PrincessAirHead, BakeBoss, or who ever the fuck he is.

I am sick and fucking tired of being the one accused of causing trouble.

Let me ask you a question. How long did her post remain, before you decided to move it to the off topic thread? Further, I suggest, had I not replied to her mean spirited post, her accusation would have remained there the whole fucking year.

Clean your own dirty house, before pointing the finger at me, my dear.

Actually, I have a life and a full time job and don't have time to babysit this forum 24 hours a day. If you will notice, they *all* got moved at the same time and I did NOT single out either one of you specifically. And yes, I've seen plenty of times where you've also drawn blood first so don't act all innocent about this whole thing. It's BOTH of you, which is why I said the TWO of you. Off topic post by either one of you directed at the other will be moved.

And I have four kids, so my house won't be clean until they grow up and move out. :p

It's so quiet. There's not a soul around. I'd think that being this is a new contest that everyone would be abuzz with excitement. Only, this place is dead.

"Hello? Is there anyone here? I'm naked."

In the way of a Republican Congress, they must be behind closed doors in a locked room discussing the 2012 rules.

"Should we allow chapter stories or shouldn't we allow chapter stories?"

"More importantly, who's buying lunch today?"

"I bought lunch yesterday."

"And I brought the donuts today."

"Well, let's make a decision on chapter stories, so that I can go home. We've been locked in this room for a week."

"Quick, someone go outside and pick a daisy and we'll have the pedals decide the answer."

"Should we allow chapter stories or shouldn't we allow chapter stories?"

"No, this won't work. Who has a coin? Let's flip a coin. Heads for chapters and tails for no chapters. Darn, the coin rolled in that hole."

"Well, let's forget about deciding the rules for now. We'll do what we always do. We'll make the rule at the end of the contest. For sure, making rules that no one knows about will make the contest more fun and challenging."

I apologize for hurting anyone's feelings. I'm just having some musing fun, while waiting for the white smoke to arise from the chimney to tell me that the powers have come to a decision.

"We decided that we haven't made a decision, yet."

Last edited:
Well, today, I got my $500 prize check for winning the 2011 Survivor contest.

Also in the box was my Literotica baseball cap, tee shirt, sweatshirt, coffee mug, pen, and keychain.

Thank you Laurel and thank you for the handwritten letter and kind words.

"Wow!"

She even included an autographed photo of herself.

"Very nice."

I'd like to thank Literotica for hosting the contest and allowing writers a place to post their stories.

Good luck to the 2012 participants. May the writer with the most stories in the most categories win.

Offtopic & Chatting Thread. . .

I think the reason it's quiet in here is because usually the drama happens everywhere, so it's nice to come in here and not see any of it. :D

Granted that means no one can post here, because eventually the drama will pop up in here too, and there will be no safe place for my virgin eyes. (That's why I wear these cool shades. :cool: )

Also in the box was my Literotica baseball cap, tee shirt, sweatshirt, coffee mug, pen, and keychain.
Did you really? If you did, grats! I thought that whole laundry list thing was an ongoing joke.

I didn't even get a reply to my PM. :cool:

Did you really? If you did, grats! I thought that whole laundry list thing was an ongoing joke.

I didn't even get a reply to my PM. :cool:

Listen, Noira, have I ever lied to you before?

What I wrote is all true. Only, I didn't want to write this in front of everyone. Come closer to the screen so that everyone doesn't see.

"Laurel said that out of all the 50,000 writers and out of all the more than 3 million stories that I was her favorite writer and that my stories were her favorites stories. I couldn't believe it. She said the only reason why she doesn't give me a green E for every story is that it would make the other writers mad."

When you win, you get a check that's it. Nothing more special than that, so for the new folks hoping and praying for Lit. memorabilia it ain't gonna happen.

Freddie's gotta be laughing. It's like shooting ducks in a barrel sometimes. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHeroRalph

"Wow!"

"Very nice."

I'd like to thank Literotica for hosting the contest and allowing writers a place to post their stories.

Good luck to the 2012 participants. May the writer with the most stories in the most categories win.

Has anyone else received their cheque/gift certificate from last year's contest? I emailed Laurel my mailing address but I don't remember how long it takes.

Of course it's snowing here and buses have been cancelled a few days so maybe the mail woman is refusing to go outside. I wish I could do that.

Erin

I got a check yesterday. Don't pay any attention to what Freddie says about any other stuff. I think it took about two weeks from the time I emailed Laurel.

ETA: I emailed her Jan. 7 and got the check Jan. 17.

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHeroRalph

"Wow!"

"Very nice."

I got a check yesterday. Don't pay any attention to what Freddie says about any other stuff. I think it took about two weeks from the time I emailed Laurel.

You're just jealous, Box, because Laurel likes me better than you (lol).

She told me that she even personally embroidered my name on my Literotica hat and Literotica sweatshirt, SuperHeroRalph, winner of the 2011 Survivor contest.

She apologized that my wool Literotica jacket was delayed, as she's weaving the wool herself on her loom. Can you imagine, Box? Unbelievable. Laurel is weaving me a wool Literotica jacket. She's an incredible woman, just incredible.

Imagining Laurel sitting there late at night, while watching the Bachelor, brought tears to my eyes, Box. I was so honored to receive her gifts and so thrilled to received her the nude autographed photo of her.

Maybe, next year, Box, if you win, you'll be the recipient of her gifts, too. I hope you win, Box, I hope you win. Good luck to you.

As PrincessErin would say, "Quantity over quality. End of story," whatever her story is, I don't know.

Still haven't received my cheque from the 2011 contest.

Kind of upset but whatever.. Amazon account is blocked. No money from writing last year. Yep.

Erin

Erin, I would PM Laurel again letting her know what place you scored and that you haven't received your prize. Probably wouldn't hurt to include your contact info again.

Don't forget that it's a very plain looking piece of mail, too. Easy to mix up with assorted unimportant stuff, bills, etc.

I've still got the check from my first Earth Day win, because I didn't realize what it was until after the "cash by" period was over :p It was mixed in with a pile of assorted junk mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget that it's a very plain looking piece of mail, too. Easy to mix up with assorted unimportant stuff, bills, etc.

I've still got the check from my first Earth Day win, because I didn't realize what it was until after the "cash by" period was over :p It was mixed in with a pile of assorted junk mail.

The check I received, which was two weeks ago, did look like a bill, except I did not recognize the return address. I was expecting a check, so I opened it. :) You have been waiting long enough; PM Laurel. And, don't pay much attention to what Freddie says. :D

Just out of curiosity, has anyone received their gift certificates from Survivor 2011 yet?

Back