Question regarding "romance"

There's a readership for both involved stories and strokers on Lit, and the Incest category is no exception. So long as you do get to the sex and don't try to gloss over it, fade to black, etc., there are plenty of readers who will be satisfied with a build-up and a pay off.

That's where you should place it, by the way. Incest content anywhere outside the Incest category tends to go badly for you. No matter how romantic it is, they're still siblings.

While some people do prefer the size-measuring thing, there are far more people who abhore it. Or, at least those people who don't like it are the ones who leave comments. You're likely to do better skipping the police bulletin than including it, so no worries there.

There's also the high probability that the site editor will place it in incest anyway.

I'm currently writing a story about a brother/sister couple. As I'm progressing into it, I am realizing that it is predominantly a love story. Yes, there is sex (fingers crossed that it's HOT sex) but the real story is the LOVE, the relationship.
This is going to be a long one too (not sure how long yet). Will there be interest here for a long, incestous love affair story? Is there some unwritten romance vs hardcore banging ratio I should be aware of?

I have to write this story the way the characters have come to me but I do want to be aware of my audience's preferences.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Personally, I'm not too keen on Incest, but a good few people are.
It's this "length" you mention. Bear in mind that a Lit page is about 3700 words, so how many pages had you in mind?

I agree with you about 36DDD tits and a 9 inch cock.
Just too obvious, for me.

Romantic incest is fine... in Incest-Taboo. Bra and dick sizes ain't fine. Otherwise... read a batch of stories in both Incest and Romance. Note how those you like are written. Ask yourself if your own story feels like what you've read and liked. How are people and their actions described? How do events evolve? Art students sit at the feet of the masters and strive for excellence by emulating the best. Can you do likewise? Cheers!

Also...can I get away with not saying boob/dick size outright? It's just a personal preference of mine. I get pulled back from a story when I see something like "She walked with her 36-DD tits bouncing in the breeze" or " She pulled out his 9 3/4 inch cock from his pants". I get that some people like the visual but does it need to be there in every erotic story? Can I leave that out and just mention the sensations of using said assets as a way of telling size?

You definitely don't need to include measurements. Some readers want them, other readers share your dislike of them, myself included. (Though I would read a story with a 9 3/4" cock if, and only if, somebody nicknamed it "The Hogwarts Express".)

Depending on the rest of the story (and category) you don't necessarily need any detailed sex. I have one well-rated story where the sex scene, if you can call it that, gets no more explicit than this:

"So, do you ever take that off?" I asked.

"Hardly ever. But for you, I will."

And Mel set her clothes aside, and came to me naked in splendor.

[end of scene]

Putting in Measurements is really amateurish, unless you're doing it (as I sometime do) for humorous effect.

If you can genuinely pull off an incest story where the reader senses real romance, you'll have done well. But it should definitely go in Incest.

Putting in Measurements is really amateurish, unless you're doing it (as I sometime do) for humorous effect.

If you can genuinely pull off an incest story where the reader senses real romance, you'll have done well. But it should definitely go in Incest.

No.

Plenty of pro sites list measurements and more, including shoe size and dress size. I get a better sense of the celebrity knowing she's 200 pounds, 5-9, and 41D-32-45.

No.

Plenty of pro sites list measurements and more, including shoe size and dress size. I get a better sense of the celebrity knowing she's 200 pounds, 5-9, and 41D-32-45.

Really?? What about the IQ score? Or does that not get you off?

(Though I would read a story with a 9 3/4" cock if, and only if, somebody nicknamed it "The Hogwarts Express".)

I wouldn't even be interested then. :p

I might not back-click if the 9 3/4" Cock was dating a 9" Hen or ten, though. :nana:

But not for dicks and cup sizes - the mark of the amateur. I'd say stay away from that too. Now if you're talking ammo, be specific for sure. Important to know if it's .45 or just a weaselly .22 :D - or, god forbid, a 20mm Lahti AP round.

As for category, romance or not, if you stick it anywhere but incest, you're going to get trashed. And I just put a romance in Incest and it's rated pretty well, and got some lovely comments, so just go there. It's where it belongs.

Length - my one is 9 LIT pages (30,000 words or so) if that's any help. Long is all relative anyhow so you'd have to be a bit more specific.

The sex - it is LIT. You do need to get to explicit sex sometime. On the other hand, I have a series going in First Time where in chapter 1, which was 3 LIT pages, all they did was kiss and it's still rated at 4.58 (it was a pretty hot kiss....).

Depends.

In my latest a club owner interviews a woman for a sex worker position and asks her," WHAT AM I LOOKING AT?" "What you wanna know?" "NAME, RANK, SERIAL NUMBER, THE WHOLE THING." "Tell me when to stop." And she recites it all.

Back to OP's original question

1) Yes, you can write incest love affair. But to make it "exciting" to read, you have to show their emotion, to make us understand them, and root for them DESPITE the taboo that should have repelled us.

2) I gave my comment in a different topic about sizes. Generally, sizes are NOT needed, not shirt or suit or even shoe size, unless you really need it for a) plot or b) character.

Plot is simple enough... Do you need this whatever later in the story? If you don't, get rid of it.

As for character, slightly harder, but same idea. Do we need to know this detail about the character? Do we need to know he wore US shoe size 10 or 12E or 14C? Do we need to know she wears 36DD or 32C bras, push-up or regular?

Generally, the answer is no.

Last edited:
Will there be interest here for a long, incestous love affair story? Is there some unwritten romance vs hardcore banging ratio I should be aware of?

NO incest in Romance. The Romance category is not for stories that are merely romantic; the story has to fit a formula.

Some of my stories in I/T are romantic and they were well-received. If your story has a long lead-in before sex then a lot of readers may not make it that far, which might actually be good for the rating.

Did it never occur to you to visit the Incest hub and read some sibcest stories?

First off...hi, all! I'm Eva. Long time lurker, first time poster. *crowd says "Hi, Eva!"*

Anyway.

I'm currently writing a story about a brother/sister couple. As I'm progressing into it, I am realizing that it is predominantly a love story. Yes, there is sex (fingers crossed that it's HOT sex) but the real story is the LOVE, the relationship. This is going to be a long one too (not sure how long yet). Will there be interest here for a long, incestous love affair story? Is there some unwritten romance vs hardcore banging ratio I should be aware of?

I have to write this story the way the characters have come to me but I do want to be aware of my audience's preferences.

No, dammit, giving measurements is NOT ipso facto amateurish. It's writing to/from a particular demographic that visualizes in terms of measurements (without needing to know precisely what that looks like. It's a demographic that turns on to a measurement rather than the word "big"). What is amateurish is to assert writing rules that don't exist and to try to impose "write like me, not like you."

And it's not that I use measurements left and right myself (although I certainly would to characterize a particular kind of person in a story). It's that it riles to see amateur writers asserting rules that don't exist and trying to block out the voices of particular demographics of writers and readers with their sniffy arrogance.

Last edited:
First off...hi, all! I'm Eva. Long time lurker, first time poster. *crowd says "Hi, Eva!"*

Anyway.

I'm currently writing a story about a brother/sister couple. As I'm progressing into it, I am realizing that it is predominantly a love story. Yes, there is sex (fingers crossed that it's HOT sex) but the real story is the LOVE, the relationship. This is going to be a long one too (not sure how long yet). Will there be interest here for a long, incestous love affair story? Is there some unwritten romance vs hardcore banging ratio I should be aware of?

Write it so that it is true to the characters you have created. If you do that, then you get an organic and realistic story people will want to read.

To me, the "measurements" thing is like most other things.

It just depends.

It can be done in a really shallow and uncreative way, to describe a character quickly and directly. When it's done this way, I find it lacking. It can read like a damn police report. There's more imaginative ways of conveying how a character looks than just rattling off line for line how tall she was, what color hair, what color eyes, her exact cup size and waist size, what clothes she's wearing, etc. Especially if this isn't in any kind of context within the story where there's reason to write it this way.

Which leads me to the other point.

If I'm writing a certain character, and I'm writing it through his eyes using his voice, and HE DOES think in terms of measurements? Bet your ass there'll be a measurement in there. Lots of them.

Marv from Sin City would probably narrate to us and tell us that, "The dame stood a solid 5'10" -- barely up to my chin but a big broad as they go anyhow. 'Never seen a set of 36 DD's swing like those pups did. A real killer. Hips ta' die for. And... that was one DAMN fine coat she was wearing."

In a story of mine, I tossed the concept back and forth and decided to include a guy's dick size. Why? Because that's kinda what the story was about. The young woman wanted to see if it lived up to the rumors. Since it was sort of told in HER voice, I figured at some point an exact inch measurement would have realistically surfaced in her head at some point, regardless of whether or not she was a mathematician or a tailor. Point is, a number crossed her mind. So that's the way it was written.

I'd be cautious of any rules chiseled into stone. Most become misunderstood and adhered to a bit too closely. The original idea was probably something more like "be careful not to substitute cardboard cutout description like listing sizes for more interesting and imaginative storytelling". This at some point was misunderstood as "No sizes."

Even if it were a solid rule, I'd break that mother fucker just for spite.

The best descriptor of a woman's physique I recall reading was by P J Wodehouse:

“She looked as if she had been poured into her clothes and had forgotten to say 'when'.”

In songwriting, it's called "show it, don't tell it." We're not writing a newspaper article stating facts and figures, we're creating a movie in the reader's head. (If only I was a good enough writer to actually take this advice. :confused: )

The best descriptor of a woman's physique I recall reading was by P J Wodehouse:

“She looked as if she had been poured into her clothes and had forgotten to say 'when'.”

In songwriting, it's called "show it, don't tell it." We're not writing a newspaper article stating facts and figures, we're creating a movie in the reader's head. (If only I was a good enough writer to actually take this advice. :confused: )

This Is true. But not in every single case. When it's done newspaper style it's dull to me. But there are times when it's warranted and relevant to the context of the story.

When one gets dead set on "must do this, don't do that", one often forgets the important part.

There is no spoon.

If I'm writing a certain character, and I'm writing it through his eyes using his voice, and HE DOES think in terms of measurements? Bet your ass there'll be a measurement in there. Lots of them.

Good point. Engineers, tailors, shoesalesmen, personal stylist/shopper would definitely think in sizes and measurements.

But regular folks? Kinda rare.

You gave a few good exceptions. A guy with a "relatively" short height may insist he's 5 feet 3 AND A HALF inches tall with special emphasis on that half inch. Because that height, and the related insecurity, defines him. Same with a girl who's short and relies on good heels to feel slightly normal.

or a guy with a slightly smaller dick can actually quote his length down to nearest 1/4 inch. Same idea.

But just talking about sex, feeling up the breasts, dropping the pants... sizes don't enter the equation. This ain't a bikini contest.

Last edited:
And as you admit yourself--and then slide off of--not everyone writes from or reads from your own perspective. So the pushy part of your post and that of others is to try to tell others how/what to write and enjoy reading. That's what is happening when you assert that "most" do this or that. The forum most definitely isn't in tune with what "most" appear to like to write and read on the actual Literotica file. Beyond that, the success of Literotica, I would posit, is in the broad base of its offerings on a wide range of tastes. That moves us into the realm of "MYOB and leave others' enjoyment the hell alone."

Back