Foods you hate?

tripe
cooked spinach (the smell turns my stomach; raw spinach is great in salads)
milk
eyes of anything
 
Don't like tomato sauce. Love raw tomatoes, especially the cherry ones. But cooked tomato, yuck!
 
Fish
mushrooms
eggplant
olives
Pork or any pig products
Cilantro
Dill
The aforementioned kimchi of death
 
tripe
cooked spinach (the smell turns my stomach; raw spinach is great in salads)
milk
eyes of anything

Ick I so agree. I hate milk. I freak out if I get it on me. If it gets on my hands I have to scrub them!

But I do love cheese and ice cream...
 
When we emigrated to Canada in '69, they would not serve coffee to kids. Tea was okay but I don't like tea (weird Englishperson!). Don't recall drinking milk in England. Probably to expensive. Must have gone straight from tit to tea or coffee. Ship steward suggested milk. Fell in love with it. Drink it with every meal (maybe not breakfast but on most breakfast). Whole family consumed bags of it weekly. When we went back to England on a visit, us three Canadian raised boys towered over all cousins and uncles. Must be the hormones they feed cows. I get cravings for milk.


How about chocolate milk? Doesn't really taste like white milk.
 
When we emigrated to Canada in '69, they would not serve coffee to kids. Tea was okay but I don't like tea (weird Englishperson!). Don't recall drinking milk in England. Probably to expensive. Must have gone straight from tit to tea or coffee. Ship steward suggested milk. Fell in love with it. Drink it with every meal (maybe not breakfast but on most breakfast). Whole family consumed bags of it weekly. When we went back to England on a visit, us three Canadian raised boys towered over all cousins and uncles. Must be the hormones they feed cows. I get cravings for milk.


How about chocolate milk? Doesn't really taste like white milk.

Nope. I'm lactose intolerant, and associate the taste and "texture" with throwing up back when my mother tried to feed it to me. Eventually she switched me to calcium n pill form. Cheese, yoghurt, even some ice cream are ok.
 
Nope. I'm lactose intolerant, and associate the taste and "texture" with throwing up back when my mother tried to feed it to me. Eventually she switched me to calcium n pill form. Cheese, yoghurt, even some ice cream are ok.

Lactose intolerant explains a lot. I have heart issues and have to eat low fat. Homo milk I now find sickly thick. 2% is okay.

I eat frozen yogurt instead of real ice cream. Taste just as good IMO. Only chocolate though.
 
When we emigrated to Canada in '69, they would not serve coffee to kids. Tea was okay but I don't like tea (weird Englishperson!).

I believe you will find that it is "Weginald you silly vicked Englishperson!" :D
 
A year in Vietnam cured my finicky taste buds. The chow was awful and fly encrusted. We usta steal C-Rations from the army, drown them with Tobasco sauce, and wait for CARE packages from home. I love SPAM. When I got back to America I thought I died and went to Heaven. Milk! Ice cream! Real meat! I swear to Jesus my ma learned to cook while I was away, even her meatloaf was to die for.
 
The only thing that literally turns my stomach is mint sauce -this is an english thing that you traditionally eat with roast lamb, its basically mint with vinegar. I can't bear to be in the same room with an open jar of it.
 
*Horseradish
*Wasabi
*Mustard when plain and not mixed with other condiments
*Anise
*Black licorice
*Strawberries
*Sickly sweet wines (I prefer dry Rieslings or Gewürztraminers)
*Pilsners (I prefer porters, stouts, or IPAs)
*Champagne
*Liquid nacho 'cheese'
*Most sodas- unless being used as mixers
*Any 'energy' drinks
 
bell peppers and mushrooms, makes the whole dish taste like either, like drinking tokillya, everything taste like tequila after
 
I am trying really hard to think of what food I hate, and I really can't think of anything. I am not very picky at all. If I haven't had it, then I'd at least try it. Although there was this one time where I got one of those ready-to-eat rotisserie chickens from the grocery store, and for some dumb reason they covered the whole thing in maple syrup flavoring. The chicken tasted like cotton candy. It was repulsive, I couldn't go beyond the first bite, so I just threw it away. So maybe that.
 
Seriously, I love fruitcake! :heart: (Fruitcakes on the other hand are a different matter. It depends so much on the individual.)

Foods I do hate include:

Stalk Celery :eek: An invention of Satan's with a very particular flavour designed to mock us for our never-ending attempts and persistent failure to remove that excess weight from thighs and waist, time and time again.

Fast food (Hamburgers). Another invention of Satan's design to ensnare and entrap. And they aren't even tasty! :eek:
 
Mushrooms.

Seriously. You're eating the offshoot of a fungal colony that nourishes itself on excrement and dead things. Why would you do this willingly? Why? :)
 
Pringles- all flavors. You can't change me. Tastes like flavored cardboard.
Liver (then again I feel like I NEED to have it, I take a bite and regret everything)
Anything from KFC
Avocado! Ergh! It's just tasteless mush!
I'll ever eat eggs I haven't cooked/overseen the cooking of by myself (or at least, my mom. No one else)
Anything that claims to have pumpkin spice- I drink/eat it expecting to be jumped by the errrgh pumpkin flavor any second.
 
Mushrooms.

Seriously. You're eating the offshoot of a fungal colony that nourishes itself on excrement and dead things. Why would you do this willingly? Why? :)

You eat dead things. Possibly you graze on living grasses and take a bite out of passing cows, but most likely you get your meat and produce after it is quite dead.

You eat your share of excrement as well. What are yogurt and cheese but the excrement of a colony of bacteria? Alcohol is excreted in wine and beer brewing by yeast (fungus). Those colonies feed on sugar until they literally drown in their own excrement...then you drink it.

You have more to answer for than mushrooms.


Edited: my fingers got ahead of my brain. I edited out the part where I said cheese production used yeast.


rj
 
Last edited:
Very good points, RJordan! Even the oxygen without which you would asphyxiate is in fact the excrement of green algae and plants, something well worth pondering every time you draw breath, Areala-chan. :p
 
Faggots

Most folk are a bit iffy about eating offal, but if you take liver, kidneys, lights (lungs) hearts, and any other bits and pieces of innards. All from either pigs or sheep.

Chop it all pretty fine, mix in about 50% breadcrumbs and a few onions by volume, plus parsley and thyme. Make it into balls about the size of a woman's fist, wrap them in sheep's caul (stomach lining). Roast for about 45 minutes in a hot oven and serve to unsuspecting guests. Delicious with mushy peas and mash. They'll congratulate you for your giant meatballs for weeks.

And they're called faggots because they are made from left-overs.

Incidentally sheep's caul is so thin but strong, that country people in Europe used to use it as a home made condom - but the fresh product is recommended for this recipe.;)
 
Back
Top