Firefly

WolfBane1986

Really Experienced
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Posts
135
Would anybody be interested in doing a Firefly roleplay, obviously there would be limited numbers
 
I am surprised that more people did not jump on this.. or that more people don't give a try at writing in the verse.
 
I am surprised that more people did not jump on this.. or that more people don't give a try at writing in the verse.

It's been tried before, as a group thread, but didn't get far. Plus, I have seen a few one on one threads based around the Firefly setting. But again, I think they died quickly.

But, that's not stopping anyone else from having a shot at it.
 
I'm actually tempted to do this. The only thing stopping me is, while I enjoy the show and all, I don't think I could do it any justice.

Perhaps if it was more of based in that world, a spinoff of sorts, I could do something.
 
I'm actually tempted to do this. The only thing stopping me is, while I enjoy the show and all, I don't think I could do it any justice.

Perhaps if it was more of based in that world, a spinoff of sorts, I could do something.

Agreed, I would not try to write more about the cannon characters, but there is a great big verse out there to write about.
 
I'm actually tempted to do this. The only thing stopping me is, while I enjoy the show and all, I don't think I could do it any justice.

Perhaps if it was more of based in that world, a spinoff of sorts, I could do something.

Agreed, I would not try to write more about the cannon characters, but there is a great big verse out there to write about.

What a pair of evil temptresses you are...
 
I always wanted to try a thread with original characters in the Verse. Such a great setting.
 
Agreed with Vail. I find its usually difficult to play one of the main characters in stories like this one. But the setting is awesome and playing in it would be fun:)
 
She's an awesome character. I enjoy writing complex characters like that, too. I don't get the chance to often, sadly. I'm sorry your plans got table out :(
 
I had SUCH plans though. I love playing characters like her, and was gonna do drawings and stuff
Le sigh

I think we all have those characters that we wanted to write so badly and the thread just flat out died and never came back.
 
@Vail - I don't think it's you. It's hard enough for two schedules to mesh enough to pull off long term rps with just two people. I imagine a group of people makes it even harder.
 
It is incredibly rare that I've seen a group thread last more than a page and most of them don't get past an OOC thread. One of my favorite dead characters was from a group thread that never got anywhere. Fortunately, I got to have a fun fight in the OOC thread though. My male version of Harley Quinn. Nothing deep of course, but he certainly was fun.
 
Has been infected by a nose poke. hehe I've been infected by vail plague Grins again
 
*produces some GermX and applies it liberally to my hands*

And so that my presence here isn't completely random and off topic, here is this. I do love Firefly, but I think there might be something inherently tough about doing an RP with it. I think it is a correct assertion to cannon characters would be difficult to do justice for, but what made the show great was the characters. Character interaction and development was the core of the show. Doing original characters to me would be interesting, but lose the heart of what made the show great.

Now back to your original programming.

Is it alright if I don't get the plague?
 
Pounces Vail and kisses her cheek, there by rubbing her infected nose against her, giving the infection right back.

Sharing is caring, gorgeous :p
 
Tilts head back just enough to ensure the fleeting lick connected. She then kissed the woman on the forehead.

When we both turn into zombies, I'm totally blaming you.
 
*PLAGUED*

Fair enough. A lot of work with the right people would probably allow something awesome. ACHOOO!!! Next question has to be if it should be kept as a crew of smugglers or if that would make it too easy to fall into playing slightly different versions of the cannon characters? Though I suppose changing the set a little might not solve that issue anyway.

*proceeds to hack up a lung*
 
She starts to blow a healing kiss toward Erlind....before remembering she was infected and maybe he didn't really want to become a zombie, too. She then gave Vail a knowing look, wiggling on top of her.

Going to take care of me, huh? That's a pretty big promise.
 
ACHOOO!!!

Out and out brown coats? Certainly an interesting thought. It would provide a little more motive to the thread. I could see an alliance spy among them in deep cover. Someone a little overzealous about their alliance hatred with some anger issues. A captain just trying to keep the crew together when there is no truly safe harbor. A lot of potential there.

My next question has to be. Crazy person or no crazy person? Its hard to have a Firefly thread without somebody at least River-esque.

*Collapses on the floor coughing*

She starts to blow a healing kiss toward Erlind....before remembering she was infected and maybe he didn't really want to become a zombie, too. She then gave Vail a knowing look, wiggling on top of her.

Going to take care of me, huh? That's a pretty big promise.

Seems a little late anyhow. Don't worry about me.
 
She tilts her head back an laughs.

Trust you, hmm? This sounds like a trap to me, sugar. But it has the potential to be a fun trap. So maybe I'll fall into it.


Though I think the options for character professions might be a bit limited. You could mess around with the time frame a bit. The one season and the movie shows enough background to extrapolate.
 
Oh, I don't doubt it. I rather enjoy falling into delicious traps. So when I go all zombiefied, perhaps I shall purposefully fall in it...or even when I'm not a corpse.

But yeah. Using a different time may give you a few more options.
 
By the same token I think that the Miranda revelation might just rekindle the rebellion. Beating the brown coats again would be an awfully good excuse for the Alliance to tighten their grip a little more.

I personally have a habit of trying not to mention a time frame in my threads unless there is a specific reason to do so. I'm not sure if its a good habit or not, but you know.

*attempts to get up off the floor and fails*
 
Well, i didn't mean like pick a year and keep to it. More like just a generalized time period. Pre war or post...during the war...ect.

And that's good to know, since apparently my immune system rocks. I beat almost any sickness I have in the span of one or two days, if I catch it at all. So I may not end up all zombiefied ;)
 
And that's good to know, since apparently my immune system rocks. I beat almost any sickness I have in the span of one or two days, if I catch it at all. So I may not end up all zombiefied ;)

Well bully for you!

*Passes out and skin fades to a light ash color*
 
Back
Top