Liar-in-Chief continues to show his stupidity

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
"Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for 'peanuts,' only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!"​

Thus spoke the con artist and why he's not going to London. It's all Obama's fault.

Trouble is, it's not. As usual, the con artist speaks about that which he does not know. The decision to relocate the embassy came during the Bush administration, in 2008. It would have been impossible to retrofit the aging concrete building with the security measures needed, officials said at the time.

"We looked at all our options, including renovation of our current building on Grosvenor Square," then-Ambassador Robert Tuttle said.
"In the end, we realized that the goal of a modern, secure and environmentally sustainable embassy could best be met by constructing a new facility."​

Perhaps had the con artist read the U.S. embassy in London's own web site, he might have known this. But then, he doesn't read anyway, so what would be the point?

The real reason for cancelling the trip to London was because the con artist would have been met with a barrage of protests. Since neither the city of London, nor the UK government could guarantee he wouldn't be exposed to people who weren't going to blindly genuflect to his orangeness, his ego wouldn't stand the stress and cancelled his trip as a result.

In January of 2017, over one million people signed a petition to prevent the con artist from making an official state visit to the UK. Three months later, the con artist said he wanted a ride in the Queen's gold-plated carriage. Because he deserved it.

Since he will neither get his gold-plated carriage ride, and won't have adoring crowds to stroke his onion-skin ego, the con artist whined, stomped his little feet, and stayed at home.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/12/politics/trump-london-trip-us-embassy-intl/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/europe/uk-petition-president-trump-ban-trnd/index.html

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/328970-trump-wants-to-ride-in-gold-plated-carriage-with-the-queen

https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-takes-first-steps-toward-embassy-relocation/

https://foreignpolicyblogs.com/2008/10/09/relocating-the-us-embassy-in-london/

Of course everything is Obama's fault, because Obama lied his way into the presidency by not admitting he was born in a shithole country.

With Trump in office, almost all Americans will have to admit they were born in what is now regarded as a shithole country.

When President Trump does visit the UK, he will have a formal state visit with all the ceremony.

He will be welcomed as the representative of an ally and a friendly nation. There will be events to mark the sacrifice of US troops during WW2 and the UK's gratitude for US troops' service in protecting the free world then and now.

Whoever is President of the United States would be welcome for a state visit.

President Trump will get that because he represents ALL the people of the USA. There will be protests. Those will be against his administration's policies, not against America (except for a few assholes who live to protest against anything).

When the UK honours President Trump those honours are for ALL the people of the USA whether they voted for him or not (and including those who didn't vote either way).

Tonald Drump has a severe Daddy complex. He opted into the family tradition of grifting.

Tonald Drump stood out, because he refused to adhere to good manners and professionalism. He has remained crude, rude, crass, and lewd. He has adopted a persona that is offensive, and he revels in offending sensibilities.

His elder brother understood his position and place in the American class system, and opted out of the family tradition. He refused to become a criminal. His self respect meant more to him, than money. Drump's brother joined American society. His brother had an intellect, and a capacity to learn a skill , and earn a living for himself.

Tonald Drump embodies the image of the ugly American stereotype, that causes Americans to flinch and cringe. At some level, Tonald Drump senses that he has arrived beyond the level of his incompetence.

He is willing to lie about the American Embassy, because he fears ridicule, from which he will not recover.

The US announced plans to move to the new site in October 2008 - when George W Bush was in the White House.

On the embassy web page about the project, it said: "The project has been funded entirely by the proceeds of the sale of other US Government properties in London, not through appropriated funds."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ssy-opening-latest-news-updates-a8154716.html

When Tonald Drump accepted his role as a buffoon, he had not anticipated that he would be trapped by other's ambitions.

When President Trump does visit the UK, he will have a formal state visit with all the ceremony.

He will be welcomed as the representative of an ally and a friendly nation. There will be events to mark the sacrifice of US troops during WW2 and the UK's gratitude for US troops' service in protecting the free world then and now.

President Trump will get that because he represents ALL the people of the USA. There will be protests. Those will be against his administration's policies, not against America (except for a few assholes who live to protest against anything).

When the UK honours President Trump those honours are for ALL the people of the USA whether they voted for him or not (and including those who didn't vote either way).

This is all true, and it goes for all countries in Western Europe (and other countries). But I fear that the President of the USA is damaging the positive reputation of his own country. No matter my own political convictions and no matter the political 'color' of the president, I always saw the USA as a standard-bearer of the free and civilized world, and its president, too.

But I'm entirely fed up with this vulgar idiot, I must admit.
I won't let him in my house.

Post Scriptum: I'm a vulgar idiot, too, of course, but luckilly I bear no standard. :rolleyes:

I think that more accurately describes protests against Bush, specifically the invasion of Iraq. I don't think the massive protesters were as much against Bush, per se, as against his horrible policies.

Not so with Trump. Not true in the U.S., not true in the massive Women's Protest across the entire globe.

We are and have been protesting TRUMP the individual. What he says, how he acts. I don't see the UK response as any different at all. They'd basically be saying "We don't think you are worthy of holding the title of US President, which we still respect." They wouldn't be protests against the president or against any particular policy of Trump's. They'd be against him for being a racist shitstain.

You seem to be projecting your own bizarre reverence for tradition and authority above all else, which is fine, but you're misreading completely the protests against Trump, including those in your own country.

In this country the resistance to Trump includes a deep belief that he does NOT "represent" the majority of Americans. He is a stain on the country.

You seem to be projecting your own bizarre reverence for tradition and authority above all else, which is fine, but you're misreading completely the protests against Trump, including those in your own country.

In this country the resistance to Trump includes a deep belief that he does NOT "represent" the majority of Americans. He is a stain on the country.

We give state visits to any Head of any state that visits the UK formally even if we detest the government and administration of that country.

The people of the United States elected President Trump. That was your choice and your decision. If I had had to decide whether to vote for Trump or Clinton I think my choice might have been 'None of the above'.

What President Trump says, what President Trump does? The Presidential Office is part of the US government, an integral part of it. They are the official statements and policies of the current US government. The protests may well be 'Trump Go Home!' but it is what he and his government stand for that is causing offence and will produce protests.

That's right. Who he is.

"We"--by that I mean the 65% who did NOT vote for him--had two years to get to know him, long before he spoke on behalf of the government. He piled up comment after comment for people to judge him by, and his rallies, the way he ran his campaign, tweeted, etc.

He was met with protests on the day after the Inauguration, before he implemented any "policies" whatsoever or even did a single thing as president. The protests had nothing to do with his "government," but HIM.

He was protested in the UK before he "did" anything. They were protesting the ignorant PERSON he is, not anything he's "done."

Sure, now that we're a year in, there are plenty of policies to protest, but that's nothing. It's still HIM as a person that is the problem--the fact that he officially speaks for the 33% who elected him is a sickening byproduct, but no more than that.

We give state visits to any Head of any state that visits the UK formally even if we detest the government and administration of that country.

The people of the United States elected President Trump. That was your choice and your decision. If I had had to decide whether to vote for Trump or Clinton I think my choice might have been 'None of the above'.

What President Trump says, what President Trump does? The Presidential Office is part of the US government, an integral part of it. They are the official statements and policies of the current US government. The protests may well be 'Trump Go Home!' but it is what he and his government stand for that is causing offence and will produce protests.

Back