Posting a pic

liquid_dares

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jan 22, 2014
Posts
925
I'm sure there are a ton of posts on this but I can't find them with the search function here. Could someone point me into the right direction for posting pics here? From what I can tell it always asks you to point to a URL...is that the only way to do it? If so what sites do you use?
 
I'm sure there are a ton of posts on this but I can't find them with the search function here. Could someone point me into the right direction for posting pics here? From what I can tell it always asks you to point to a URL...is that the only way to do it? If so what sites do you use?

scroll down a bit....theres a picture upload function its called "manage attachments"...be warned your next question is how to re-size to get it to 600x800 and less than 100K...good luck...
 
Use the paper clip icon

I am filing that under "learn something new every day."

Good. I spent most of the morning in a pointless facebook argument...I can now take a nap, content that I have been edified.
 
scroll down a bit....theres a picture upload function its called "manage attachments"...be warned your next question is how to re-size to get it to 600x800 and less than 100K...good luck...

Photobucket is awesome for this exact purpose. It allows you to edit by resolution without massive distortion.

Of course, if you're using this for Lit purposes, create a dummy account on PB, as the details in the photo name appear when it's opened, or save/rename it to your PC and attach it as a Lit document. (See the paperclip on your posting toolbar. )
 
Just an FYI, neither Photobucket nor Imageshack is Lit-compatible. The former has rules against adult images and sites, and the latter caps the number of times the image can be loaded (on a huge board like this, that often means relatively few will see the photo). You're better off hosting on a free site that doesn't have such limitations. I use Google's Picasa Online, but there are plenty of other sites that offer free hosting without many restrictions.

There are detailed instructions for posting images (both by attaching and hotlinking) and tons of other board logistics in our FAQs Read Before Posting sticky. It's indexed, so you can quickly browse the topics it contains and return later when one of them pops up. :)
 
There are advantages and disadvantages for both methods of putting pictures on Literotica.

1. Uploading an attachment - has size limitations and the picture can only be used once (with the same name). If you try to upload it again, Literotica will direct you to the post where you uploaded it first. You can delete it later.

2. Linking - You need somewhere to put it that accepts links to Literotica. If that site is controlled by you, you can delete it there, and the link will no longer work. You need to check using Preview Post that it is the right size not to drag the screen to excessive width.

BUT - any picture you upload or link to Literotica can be saved by anyone with a right click. You don't know where it will go.
 
Back
Top