So Taxes passed, now what is next??

I mark today as the death of the American state. Happy Saturnalia, folks.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carter included prayer, but that was another time and he's more genuinely pious. Trump and all of his secretaries are about as fake as you can get. Pence probably believes he's genuine but he's got the brain of a split pea.

Politicians who wear religion on their sleeves are rarely successful in the long run.

I recall that G.W. Bush was once asked if he had consulted with his father about invading Iraq on the basis of questionable evidence that Hussein harbored a massive arsenal of weapons of mass destruction.

GW piously replied, "I answer to a higher Father."

Before ACA aka Obamacare aka Romneycare, the Gup alternative to HRC's Single-Payer plan, private insurers' overhead was ~24% whilst Medicare's was ~4%. 24-4=20. One in five private healthcare dollars were siphoned-off for shareholders (often major financial institutions and foreign sovereign funds) and execs. ACA limited the private overhead to 16%, so now only one in eight healthcare dollars lines nonproductive pockets. 16-4-12. Is that much better?

Premiums rose under ACA because Congress reneged on its obligation to fund low-income subsidies. ACA is failing because Gups want it to. No surprise.

Millions without health insurance, lacking access to ordinary providers, delay as long as possible and then run to emergency rooms to handle their inflamed 'routine' needs, at huge costs, which hospitals write-off as losses offsetting their higher charges.

A healthier population works harder, produces more, and pays more taxes. Gups don't want this. A healthier population is harder to manipulate. Yow.

Meanwhile, the tax bill helps us slightly in the short-term -- we can convert more taxed IRAs to untaxed Roth IRAs -- but we're fucked in a couple years, especially as the Medicare and Social Security we've paid into are slaughtered to pay for the incoming massive deficit resultant from the corporate windfall. Our US$35k annual retirement income, already chewed up by my increasing medical bills, won't go as far, even in our low-cost rural county. And we're doing fairly well here. Many of our neighbors will REALLY hurt.

If ya don't got medical insurance, ya don't got premiums. All ya got is the ER.

You write such an informative post that makes sense and helps better understand the complications of this...

Then you write this, which, I sincerely would like to understand your logic behind it.

Still haven't given an example. But you won't, because all you can see when you look at this is Trump "pissing in the other team's shoes." That's the extent of your brain power. Once again, projecting your hysterical obsession with partisanship and ascribing it to any and everything, without seeing what's actually there. Your mind is small, obsessed with small petty things.

That Cabinet meeting had nothing to do with "pissing in the other team's shoes." The "pissing" came in the Rose Garden with the bragging and the slams against Dems. The prayer meeting was a whole other thing, and it was for Trump and his base alone.

That was a little morality play whose function was to join two things together--Trump's autocratic ego, and his evangelical drones (represented by Pence)--and to do it in the Oval Office, in flagrant violation of the separation of church and state. The Tax Bill was being represented as an act of GAWD, working through his agent on earth, DJ Trump.

You can see it as mere political theater, but his base does NOT, and neither does Trump. He believes it.

Again, who else did this before him?

Really.

Petty shit that does nothing but send other people like you to the moon?

All of them love to take every chance they get to piss in the other teams shoes, Trump ain't the first and wont be the last to do this kinda shit.

Last edited:

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

LOL

Now that Trump has fulfilled his purpose in life, to get Congress to cut the throats of the middle classes,it is time to bring on the Apocalypse, the Pence Presidency!

What awaits us if Mike Pence replaces Donald Trump

:eek: Oh Fuck! :eek:

OH MY GOD people will keep more of what they earn, the middle class won't be getting an even bigger tax than Obummercare!! How horrible!!!

THE SkY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Still haven't given an example.

To your inane deflection?

No...and I won't engage on that level of idiocy either.

That Cabinet meeting had nothing to do with "pissing in the other team's shoes."

Yet it's amazing perfectly it accomplished that exact job and no other.

That was a little morality play whose function was to join two things together--Trump's ego, and his evangelical drones (represented by Pence)--and to do it in the Oval Office, in flagrant violation of the separation of church and state.

That's not a flagrant violation of the separation of church and state.

Not even a minor one....because you clearly don't understand that concept.

You can see it as mere political theater, but his base does NOT, and neither does Trump. He believes it.

LMFAO!! No he doesn't.....you're a bigger believer than ANYONE I've ever met and I live out in the boonies with a bunch of redneck Trumpsters.

Again, who else did this before him?

EVERY POTUS.....every single one of them was "deeply" christian and did shit to put out jusst how Christian they are to keep the Christian voters voting.

Even if they weren't very Christian.

You're just pissed because you hate Trump so much.

Deflecting from what? I'm the one addressing the prayer meeting in the Oval Office; you're the one downplaying, deflecting, and making false equivalencies to brush it off.

Once again, show us an example.

To your inane deflection?

No...and I won't engage on that level of idiocy either.

Yet it's amazing perfectly it accomplished that exact job and no other.

LMFAO!! No he doesn't.....you're a bigger believer than ANYONE I've ever met and I live out in the boonies with a bunch of redneck Trumpsters.

EVERY POTUS.....every single one of them was "deeply" christian and did shit to put out jusst how Christian they are to keep the Christian voters voting.

Even if they weren't very Christian.

You're just pissed because you hate Trump so much.

It's almost funny. If Tromp signs now, the social safety net gets cut before the midterms and Gup candidates will be slaughtered. If Gups don't meet Dum requirements by tomorrow, the gov't shuts down, services will grind to a halt before the midterms, and Gup candidates will be slaughtered. Nice job, kids.

Ever heard of the Polish firing squad?

OH MY GOD people will keep more of what they earn

Not really when you consider corporations and rich people will be getting the vast majority of their money back. In fact, since you like lying about being in the military, when your Tricare gets cut because Trump needs to pay the Koch brothers off you're going to be pretty pissed, snowflake.

Deflecting from what? I'm the one addressing the prayer meeting in the Oval Office; you're the one downplaying, deflecting, and making false equivalencies to brush it off.

Once again, show us an example.

From the fact that this it's not really important, has no real relevance to anything, it's just shit that drives the partisans nuts.

This is like Obama visiting a mosque and saying Muslims are mostly OK folks.

Sends the (R) evangelicals who think the USA is a by Christians for Christians nation because Jesus wrote the Constitution absolutely off the fucking deep end....the sky is falling, it's the fuckin' apocalypse!!!

When in reality it doesn't mean shit.

Just like Trumps prayer meeting.

It just gets the other hardcore partisans jimmies rustled.

Not really when you consider corporations and rich people will be getting the vast majority of their money back.

Why is that a bad thing?

I keep more money, they keep more money....we all have more money because the government isn't taking it from us and setting it on fire.

The only reason I can see that is bad is because we didn't do a full audit of the government and gave it a good liposuction job.

In fact, since you like lying about being in the military, when your Tricare gets cut because Trump needs to pay the Koch brothers off you're going to be pretty pissed, snowflake.

How am I lying again?

Tricare is great, if it gets cut then oh well...no I won't be pissed, I won't care if something I don't use gets cut.

Whatever the case I'll probably not ever go back to the hospital or get medical care again.

Except dental....but I pay for that out of pocket anyhow so *shrug*

Last edited:
No it is not "like that."

It would be "like that" if and only if Obama opened a Cabinet Meeting in the Oval Office with:

a.) A Muslim Prayer. Perhaps everyone in attendance on a rug.

and

b.) Biden and the rest of the Cabinet Members going round a circle and praising the dear leader, while evoking Allah.

THAT is the real equivalence.

So no, you have no examples yet.

This is like Obama visiting a mosque and saying Muslims are mostly OK folks.

Is-Praying-Naked-More-Effective_TBNL.png

In order to drive home the concept about separation of church and state in my region, Satanists sued a local government for not allowing them to do the opening prayer invocation at public meetings. They made it clear they were doing this for Constitutional reasons.

I suddenly developed a great deal of respect for Satanists.

ObTopic: What's next?

Trump White House Signals It Will Abandon Obamacare Repeal

The president claimed he dealt a fatal blow to the law. But major parts remain—and White House aides have no appetite to fight over them.

Amid celebration over a massive overhaul of the nation’s tax code, the White House strongly signaled on Wednesday that it was abandoning efforts to roll back what remains of Obamacare.

The president was first to hint as much when he triumphantly declared that Obamacare had been effectively ended by virtue of the tax bill’s inclusion of a repeal of the healthcare law’s individual mandate. The penalty for those individuals who don’t purchase insurance is, indeed, important to Obamacare’s functionality. But Trump’s claim ignored the massive chunks of the law that remain on the books, from the Medicaid expansion to the insurance subsidies, to the regulatory changes on the provider and insurer side.

Nevertheless, the president’s remark sent a signal to others that the White House wasn’t itching for a fight over those remaining Obamacare provisions. And, sure enough, later in the day, White House officials did little to dispute that reading.
Repeal and replace. Right. Next: Massive reindeer shit on the White House roof! Perplexing!

I had to sign up for Obamacare. It was incredibly easy. Just got mailed my new insurance card today.

Thanks, Obama!

ObTopic: What's next?

Trump White House Signals It Will Abandon Obamacare Repeal

The president claimed he dealt a fatal blow to the law. But major parts remain—and White House aides have no appetite to fight over them.

Repeal and replace. Right. Next: Massive reindeer shit on the White House roof! Perplexing!

Yea, it is.

It's meaningless and serves no purpose but to get the fundies all wound up.

You just got caught, again, lying about your veteran status. Good job owning yourself snowflake.

LOL I've posted my ID/DD214 ....you're just fucking wrong like always.

But please go ahead and tell us how you "caught" me lying about my veteran status?

No, that is the very definition of a false equivalence, on many levels.

The real equivalence is the one I laid out above.

Full of shit, as usual

Yea, it is.

QUOTE]

No, that is the very definition of a false equivalence, on many levels.

The real equivalence is the one I laid out above.

Full of shit, as usual

Yea, it is.

It would be "like that" if and only if Obama opened a Cabinet Meeting in the Oval Office with:

a.) A Muslim Prayer. Perhaps everyone in attendance on a rug.

and

b.) Biden and the rest of the Cabinet Members going round a circle and praising the dear leader, while evoking Allah.

THAT is the real equivalence.

So no, you have no examples yet.
Kim Jong-un is probably seeing the news of Trump's ego meeting, and thinking, "damn, he can't really think people will fall for that."

Trump having a Christian pray-in in the Cabinet Meeting is not remotely the same thing as Obama visiting a mosque and making an outreach to the Muslim community.

As I said, the true equivalent comparison is Obama having a Muslim pray-in, which he never did.

Trump sitting there listening to Pence praise and compliment and lick his ass for 13 minutes while giving thanks to GAWD for his leadership.

Obama sitting there listening to Biden praise and compliment and lick his ass for 13 minutes while giving thanks to Allah for his leadership.

That's a true comparison.

there's nothing partisan about it. It's equally wrong and grotesque. But oh wait, Obama never did any such thing. No one has, and you can't provide an example.

"Partisan garbage" = what you say when you have nothing else to stand on

Not any meaningful ones.

Pure partisan garbage.

Back