Explicit words....which ones

kisandra

Experienced
Joined
May 11, 2017
Posts
57
I'm wondering what words some people think are turn offs and ons?

Personally, I love the c**t word but reluctant to use it in a story. Can't stand the ch*t word, ridiculous. But that's me; similarly I can't see myself using the p or v word....;)

Likewise, with butt, ass, rimming etc, how to describe...

And for me, the unexpected or incongruity is key. A ladylike character suddenly coming out with "Oh fuck!" in any setting, is very appealing.

Guys using bad words is a bit boring, unless it's something the woman wants...."go on Dave, say it. You know you want to; we're not in a board meeting."

k
 
I think "pussy" is juvenile. I have no trouble using "cunt."
 
My default is nearly always cunt, rarely ever pussy. I have this notion that the use of cunt empowers my women, and gives them back their word. No-one has complained, and if they do, fuck 'em.

I'm amused at the self-censoring in the OP's post, and to her I say - own the word, make it yours. Don't fuck about pandering to lily livered double talking puritans!
 
I'm thinking of writing a story about two erotica authors collaborating - it will be called: 'Your cunt is too in my face.'
 
I find it interesting that most of our 'proper English-speaking' writers struggle with the use of 'ass' and 'butt'. They use 'bum' instead. It's a dead giveaway to their origins. ;) They also use 'prick' and 'heat' a great deal. smh I find their language charming with just a dash of innocence. I say, write what feels right to you and the situation you create.

Butt is only creeping into Australian vernacular more recently courtesy of generations who are growing up on a diet of American tv and movies, before then it was "bum" (polite, as in shift your bum) or "ass" (less polite, as in look at the size of her ass!). And, shift your arse out of the way... spelling matters :)

Fanny causes no end of confusion with Yanks in Australia. And I always bewail the loss of pubic hair - many a young woman looked bloody gorgeous with her map of Tasmania.
 
Pro-pussy, pro-cunt, pro-asshole... pro-manhoods and sexes, love tunnels and bungholes, pricks and prongs and cocks and shafts and twats and honeypots and quim and slits and gashes and all of it, just all of it. Granted I mostly avoid the odder euphemisms (hoo-ha, ladybits) or clinical language like penis and vagina, unless something specific in a character prompts otherwise.

(My vote for cutest word ever is "cunny." It used to sound Victorian-specific to me but it's just so durned cute that these days I just think fuck it -- so to speak -- I'm using this word.)

I'm still trying to work out what the Sam Hill the "ch*t word" is. As in the French le chat?
 
Last edited:
And I always bewail the loss of pubic hair - many a young woman looked bloody gorgeous with her map of Tasmania.

One big advantage real-life women have over porn women: the obsession with waxing and shaving isn't nearly as universal out in the world. Pubic hair is making a comeback though, thank God. I don't mind the shaved look but variety is a lovely thing.
 
My vote for cutest word ever is "cunny." It used to sound Victorian-specific to me but it's just so durned cute that these days I just think fuck it -- so to speak -- I'm using this word.)

Yes! Got to be the right character though, to have a sweet cunny. Can be the perfect word, but in moderation, I think.
 
I use slit, or, very rarely, pussy. Cunt is suitable only for farm animal birth canals, the very worst of women, and the occasional 14th century medical treatise, which was about the last time it had polite usage. When a word's been considered crude for 500 years, the rudeness is pretty deeply ingrained. If it's used in a story to refer to a body part I'd assume the writer is going for shock value; if describing a woman I'd look forward to a colorful character, if not a sweet one.

But anything is better than vajayjay or the various equivalents. Sheesh. If we're talking about vaginas let's talk about vaginas.
 
Cunt is suitable only for farm animal birth canals, the very worst of women, and the occasional 14th century medical treatise, which was about the last time it had polite usage.

I disagree on 'cunt'. Used well, cunt is a beautiful word. I guess it might depend on which side of the Atlantic you grew up. :)
 
My kind of thread.

I'm pretty much with Cyrano on this one. I like most words and think most of them have a place somewhere. I'm struck by how disliked "pussy" is. I use it a lot, both because I think it's probably the most commonly used and familiar word for readers and it's also been the preferred word among partners I've had. I like "cunt", but lots of people don't so it doesn't always seem right in the situation. I like the fact that "cunt" has a very old English lineage; an earlier spelling of it appears in Chaucer and Shakespeare incorporated "cunt" puns into his plays.

I can't imagine using the word "cunny"; it has pedo connotations to me, and I've never heard anyone use it in real life.

"Vagina" is an unfortunate word. It's just not a pleasant or erotic word, and it forces writers to find substitutes.

I definitely prefer American vernacular because it's what I'm accustomed to. "Arse" and "bum" make me think of Monty Python or Benny Hill and kill the mood for me. I'm provincial that way.

And to repeat Cyrano's question: What the darn-tootin' is the ch*t word?
 
(My vote for cutest word ever is "cunny." It used to sound Victorian-specific to me but it's just so durned cute that these days I just think fuck it -- so to speak -- I'm using this word.)

Used by Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven, you'd almost think he wasn't referring to anything sexual at all, except the obvious context int he movie :eek:
 
I kinda had that same thought too, EB. This is a porn site...not grade-school. :rolleyes:

My default is nearly always cunt, rarely ever pussy. I have this notion that the use of cunt empowers my women, and gives them back their word. No-one has complained, and if they do, fuck 'em.

I'm amused at the self-censoring in the OP's post, and to her I say - own the word, make it yours. Don't fuck about pandering to lily livered double talking puritans!

I'm speechless!
 
Last edited:
I think the rule, and I submit there is a rule, is to use whatever words you find best fit the feel of the story you are writing, but understand the consequences of your choices.

If you write for yourself and are happy to take whatever audience that earns, it's perfectly simple and you needn't do anything. (Do I find my word choice off-putting? No? Congratulations me! Yes? Then why did I write it?)

If you wish to write for an audience, then it becomes more complicated, because you have to decide what audience you are writing for. This obviously entails trying to understand what other people will want to read. There are no truly neutral word choices. There are some that are acceptable to the largest number of people, but every word has those who loathe it and those who love it. So you have to choose as best you can. Such is the nature of writing. When you sit down to write a story, your potential audience is everyone who reads: every major decision you make after that, and a great many minor ones, limit your audience. You have to decide who you are willing to lose. The more outlandish, vulgar, or over-the-top the word choice in question, the more readers you are likely to lose, but it's also likely that some of those you keep will like the story that much more because of its colourful word choices. Some people are apparently in to that (that's why such words are used in stories that use them).

As far as word choice and characters goes, that's also simple, I think. If they are the sort of person who says things like that, then there you have it, provided you understand that some people may not want to read about the sort of person who says things like that—though that will also depend on how they say things.

Narration is where things get a bit more complicated again. In first person narration it's straightforward, since the narrator is a character and hence can use whatever words suit their personality (again, understanding that some people may find their personality unattractive and alienating). Third person narration is trickier, because there can be a bit less freedom. If a third person narrator is more intrusive and human—if the narrative has a distinctive personality—then choices which show off that personality may be warranted. But if a third person narrator is more detached and objective—like a camera recording the plain facts of the scene playing out before it—it's probably best to stick with more standard terms. So you just have to figure out what those are.
 
I use slit, or, very rarely, pussy. Cunt is suitable only for farm animal birth canals, the very worst of women, and the occasional 14th century medical treatise, which was about the last time it had polite usage. When a word's been considered crude for 500 years, the rudeness is pretty deeply ingrained.

Depends on place and context. In Australia and Britain, "cunt" can be used affectionately. This exchange between Edgar Wright and the British Board of Film Classification is worth reading:
http://www.edgarwrighthere.com/2013/07/31/the-worlds-end-letters-to-the-censor/

As discussed there, something like "Can I get any of you cunts a drink?" can be a friendly statement. You'll also find it used by some feminists in a reclamative sort of way. But it's highly situational; you need to know who you're talking to. If I'm writing for an international audience, like here, I would look for something less likely to be misunderstood.

But anything is better than vajayjay or the various equivalents. Sheesh. If we're talking about vaginas let's talk about vaginas.

Agreed, as long as people understand the difference between "vagina" and "vulva".
 
I use pussy and cunt both. Both words are okay. Cunt is a little bit bore mean and degrading, so I mainly use it when I write rougher sex scenes.
I don't like slit - but that's a personal preference. It somehow seems to me a very childish word and technically incorrect too.:cattail:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top