"Rebuild": A Zombie Survival RP

Lousie at the Gerlinger.

She saw the zombies quickly approaching and Peter was taking too slow to load. "Shit!" she thought to herself.

She saw her shotgun she placed near the wall when they came in and quickly shot the zombies aiming for the center of the forehead and neck like she learned when her father showed her how to kill birds.

She hadnt felt good killing but she couldn't let what happened to that girl happen to anyone living.

"Shit are you ok?" She said going over to him and looking at the bodies of the zombies

"They wont be after anyone else.. Theyre Dead" she said and moved away. "Lets get what we need and get out . If theres more theyll be coming ."
 
I'd never seen Ria so close to loosing it before, I stepped closer being I didn't like seeing women upset. I hear her voice is a bit shaky, not expecting her to rest her head against my chest. Realizing she's actually comforting me from something, I reach around to pat her back as she quickly rubbed my shoulder. ''You sure bout that Darlin? lookin a lil uneasy there Ria.''

This moment must have gathered Ria's thoughts, she drew away from me to tend to something important. I gave old Hunter a what the hell did you say look, turning away from him we quickly salvage everything together. Each of us muscled a cargo cart out the blown out building, the going got a lot easier now once on the pavement.

Reaching the APC breathing heavily with sweat soaking my shirt, bracing my hands on my hips I catch my breath. ''Lets git this shit loaded and git the hell outta here!'' Pulling the bottled water I chug half of it, taking off my braves cap to empty it over my face and head. ''I'm hungry, thirsty, tired and don't want to be in this damned place anymore. What about ya'll huh?'' Looking from one face to the next with a grim expression.
 
Last edited:
A rifle and a bottle of water, that brought back memories, to learn how to survive and hunt I was dropped in the wood with a rifle, a bottle of water and a hunting knife. Some may see my childhood as tough and unfair and would even pity me. But at that moment I was grateful towards my parents raising me as they did. While not making me some unfeeling machine, they did raise me to not worry about doing things that had to be done. Like setting those men on fire and blowing up several more.

I looked over the AR-15, it was a good rifle, a very reliable and practical weapon, one which could be modified to suit a lot of specified applications. Then I saw Cramer and the rest coming out with weapons, a specific barrel poking out had me blink a few times, what was a Police sniping rifle doing in an Army Armory? I whistled to draw Cramer's attention, then pointed at the barrel, he touched a few and I shook my head, when he touched the right one I nodded and shouted down,

"DIbs!"

I would have that rifle, the PSG-1, a semi-automatic sniping rifle, used by Police forces around the world. I even had a suppressor I could make for the rifle to subdue up to 80% of the sound. It wasn't the rifle I wanted, but beggars could not be choosers. Rising to my feet, I scanned the surroundings again.
 
Cramer ''Homer'' Grimes

''You got it big man I'll hold onto it for you git ye ass on down here, and load up and lets roll we're runnin outta light.'' Lifting Deacon's PSG-1 from the weapons holding it up, before Hunter and I began loading up the APC. Derry, Ria, Cassie even Washington and Sky, got the APC loaded with enough room for two in the back. "We need to load the rest of the food into another Humvee, who's driving it guess that'd be me huh?''

It was 30 minutes before sunset and we needed to go, I picked out another Humvee truck with a bed. I had this one loaded up really quickly, climbing into the drivers seat and fired er up. The tanks were full of diesel fuel, pressing the clutch in putting it in gear. Idling up behind Deacons that was loaded down, rolling down the window to calling out to Ria. ''Goin my way Darlin?'' Just chuckling as I said this to her. ''We really should get to rolling on out of here Ria''

The sun was lower in the sky as shadows grew longer, it would mean driving back at night. It extremely dangerous and zombies, well they could come out of nowhere. ''Alright ya'll let's git back to the Knight.'' Revving up the Humvee's diesel engine I pull to one side, for Cassie to get the APC turned around. When she had done that she could take the lead home.
 
Last edited:
Ria

Armory


"I only have this, ma'am, honestly! I'll drop it now, alright?" He said with a fearful voice as he dropped it to the ground. "I don't know what happened, ma'am. My father, the boss, made sense I thought. He was much cleverer than I am, honestly, I always knew that. It really made sense to make this place into our HQ. All I know is to put bricks on top of each other. I am intelligent as an ass he always said. Ma'am, please, don't kill me! I want to live! I'll work for you! I'll do anything you tell me to do, just don't kill me or leave me on my own! I'll go mad!"

I knew I would go mad if had to go through this on my own. So I believed him.
I had killed enough. I had defended myself, Cassie, Ski, Washington and the Knights outside by doing so, but I had killed. I was sick of it. So I wouldn't kill him.

"I think you are mad already. I have witnessed first hand how mad your boss was and the others weren't far behind him."

"Please, ma'am," he pleaded, "It was mad what we did, but," he looked desperate and wiped his eyes with the back of his hand before he continued. "It was so good to be the ones in power. It was just ... a dream in this nightmare. I don't know why! Please, don't leave me here on my own. I'll be good! I promise I'll be good, honestly, I'll be good," his voice trailed away. "It isn't too late to be good is it?" He ended almost inaudible.

Now I had always believed in second changes ... I had decided to give him one by leaving him the means to escape once we were gone.

"I am Ria."

"I am Leo, ma'am" he mumbled astonished.

"Stop with ma'aming me. I told you my name. Use it. Whatever happens once you come outside will depend on what Ski and Washington tell me about you. Now come on, collect your gear while I get more food." I turned on my heels and headed back to the storage room. I faintly heard the others outside through the blown out window. They were loading cars. Once inside the storage room I realized I didn't have a cart anymore and selected two cartons of freeze dried food. Barely able to look over them I turned and almost bumped into Leo. He lay his hands on the top carton.

"Let me help you, ma'am," he said eager to please.

"Get your gear!"

He took his hands back as if the carton had burned him and they dropped down at his sides. He looked at the floor and didn't move.

"Well?"

"Ma'am," he started, glanced up and looked back down, his fists clenched. "Ma'am Ria, I don't think, your people, they would kill me if I walked around alone!" he whispered.

"Right. Get two other cartons and follow me." He took three, had to look around them as he followed me. At the food of the stairs I put my boxes down and motioned him to do the same.

"We don't have much stuff so you get your gear now!" I pointed up the stairs. Took the first step when he didn't move. Together we climbed them, I followed him into a room where he stuffed some clothes and a stack of playing cards in a sports bag.

"The bedding," I pointed when he turned to leave.

"Everything? The mattress too?" I nodded. He looked around, took a belt from the floor, undid his own and took it off. He clipped them together and put them on the ground. He picked the blankets, sheets and the pillow from another bed and threw them on what I presumed was his. He rolled the mattress with everything inside and put it on top of the belt. Kneeling on the roll he angled for the ends of the belt and closed it tightly around the bedroll. Within minutes he was ready, the bag over his shoulder, the roll in his arms.

"Put it down, " I said when we reached the stairs again and started to walk up. Empty-handed he followed me.

"Don't shoot, Deacon, this is Leo," I introduced him to Deacon. "Don't shoot once we are outside. I want to talk to Ski and Washington first." Slowly I turned and headed back down. Leo picked up his things and at the foot of the stairs I picked up my two cartons. Leo somehow managed to balance one carton on his bedroll.

As we neared the door Leo nervously sniffed a few times. He almost made it impossible for me to hear Cassie and Hunter. Cassie asked Hunter if we had to pick up Bart somewhere and Hunter told her grumpy he would take care of Bart. I motioned Leo to wait and continued my way.

''Goin my way, Darlin?'' I heard Cramer ask as I came out the building. I smiled at him.

"Could be, I have something to do before we can leave here though," I said while I put the cartons on the back of the truck Cramer had selected. "Stop the motor, Cramer please. Just a minute everyone! Ski, Washington, I need you two over here please."

I walked a few steps away from the convoy. The motors died. People watched me talk to Ski and Washington, saw and heard them turn, wave an arm, wipe eyes, a loud "What?" before they came inside with me. They looked smart in their uniforms, their hair and faces washed, only some bruises on their faces hinted at what had happened to them.

"I am so sorry about everything, I knew it wasn't right but I didn't stand up. I am so sorry, really," Leo didn't plead, he made an apology. He didn't say anything while Washington and Ski, hands behind their backs, feet slightly apart, looked him over. They looked at each other.

Ski caught my eye, shook her head "No, he wasn't one of the rapers. He brought us water and some food once."

"I," Leo stammered, "I, I have to be honest, I wasn't given permission by the boss. And then ... when I saw you, I really am sorry. I really am."

"Right, you get the cartons at the stairs while I introduce him to the others?"

Ski and Washington nodded and went deeper in the building while Leo hesitantly followed me outside.

Now how should I proceed? I hadn't really thought further than to talk with Ski and Washington first.

"Everybody, this is Leo. Ski and Washington cleared him." Nervously I asked myself if I should have said "okayed" instead of "cleared" as faces turned towards us, some more and some less hostile.
 
By the time Ria had asked her questions to the two women and she said that this new guy was cleared, I knew what I had to do. I first gave Cramer his AR-15 back, motioning to not bother with the sniper rifle for now. Then I stepped up to Leo and pulled a bottle from my shirt, it was the last of the napalm, I held it up for him to see and then pointed at the burned out husk laying close to the APC,

"This is napalm, it is volatile, highly flamable and in a gel form. If you wipe at it, it spreads, if you drop and roll, it spreads. If you dump water on it, it spreads. Now that you know what it is, let me explain something to you."

Towering over Leo I used a calm voice, almost like talking about the weather, I lifted my other hand and pressed a finger to his chest,

"You are alive right now because I respect Ria, if you do anything wrong that might endager any of us, I will set you alight. Got it?"

Leo's eyes were almost bulging out, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down as he tried to answer, but couldn't. I then pointed at Derry,

"If any harm comes to that woman and I find you within ten yards of her, I will rip you apart."

Then I smiled at him,

"But by all means, call me Deacon and do your part and we will get along rather well."

I turned away, walked to Cramer to retrieve the PSG-1 and headed for the truck, satisfied that my friendly warning didn't fall on deaf ears
 
Derry

Cassie and I continued to haul as much stuff as we could, talking as we passed each other. I asked,

"Are you OK...running off like that...geezzz you had me worried. But on second thought, if anyone can look after themselves ...it's you."

She just nodded her head at me ...since we didn't have time to stop and really talk. Plus she seemed to have something on her mind, I wondered what it was making a note to self, (corner her later tonight if I get the chance.) If I knew Cassie, she would be planning some outrageous thing and I wanted in!

As I carried a heavy box of canned goods outside, I heard Deacon whistle down at us, pausing for a few seconds I could see he was interested in one of the weapons that Cramer had in his arms. I set my box down and went back inside for another load knowing there wasn't a whole lot of time left before sunset. I didn't want to be outside after dark.

Some of the drivers got ready to leave, including Cassie. I wondered if I could ride home with Deacon, I looked up at his position before going back inside for one more load. To my surprise Ria had a guy with her, it was one of those wackos, he must been hiding or just was in another part of the building. I didn't trust him, thinking he was crazy like his friends. But Ria seemed to think he might be OK. We all stood around while Ria spoke to Sky and Washington, I listened as they talked, the fellow seemed sincere with his apologizes

Deacon walked up to him, letting him know exactly where he stood in our group. It was good, that guy needed to earn our trust. When he was done Deacon went over to Cramer claiming his prize and headed to his loaded truck. I glanced at Ria saying,

"I'll ride back with Deacon now...be carefull ....all of you."

As the rest of the group organized themselves, I went to the passenger side, and opened the heavy door with a smile I asked,

"Permission to come aboard Sir? "
 
Deacon

I watched Derry as she walked up to the door and pulled it open, I smiled at her request,

"Permission granted ensign, mount up."

I winked at her and when she was settled I started up the powerful diesel engine, it didn't pur, nor did it roar, it just rumbled assuringly. It was a steady vehicle, well-made and had low mileage. I waited for the rest of the group to get going and fell into the convoy.

"I got lucky today."

I didn't look at Derry as I spoke, instead I kept my gaze on the road we drove along,

"I made a clear target and those two shooters missed me, not once, but repeatedly."

I took a deep breath, glanced at her and then back to the road,

"I just want you to know, it seems that in this new world I will have to take some risky chances, I will gain more scars and perhaps even run out of luck."

I glanced at her again,

"I want you to never follow me into a situation you know is dangerous to us both."
 
Derry

I happily got up into the cab and settled down for the ride home. As we started moving Deacon started talking. I looked at him as he spoke keeping his eyes on the road. My eyes got bigger and bigger as he said his piece, I knew he had been lucky when those bullets were whistling all around him. Then he took a quick glance at me before continuing. With one last glance he stated,

"I want you to never follow me into a situation you know is dangerous to us both."

I could feel my blood pressure rising, turning my cheeks red. I let him finish while thinking, ( OMG...I have fallen for a cave man! I have to stay calm...Derry stay calm...) Slowly shaking my head at him I now had my say,

"Deacon, if you think I would let you die without trying to help....well you just don't know me very well. I'm not a china doll, those kinds of girls are not going to last long in this world we find ourselves living in now. So don't give me those kinds of orders....cause nobody is going to tell me what I can and cannot do!"

I could feel myself starting to talk louder and louder, so I took a deep breath and looked out the side window. Talking to myself, ( Calm down calm down, you know you have a wicked temper. but oh I would like to beat him right now or...or.. kiss him...don't know which I want more!) I groaned/growled quietly to myself. Then when I thought I could handle it I took a quick look in Deacon's direction.
 
Peter

Louise said "Shit are you ok?" turning to Peter and then adding "They won’t be after anyone else... They’re dead"

Peter answered Louise “I’m Fine” then complimented her “Nice shot”

There were no more zombies coming after the gun shot because the closed doors in the building preventing free movement. As the team continued to search the locker room they reached a door in the back labeled “Laundry room”

Max opened the door. No zombies came out and it lead directly into the large laundry room full of washer and dryers. There was even a supply of soap stacked against the wall.

“BINGO” Max said.

“Good … let’s clean up those dead zombies and tell the others we can use these machines. I think with some protection these are very usable.” Peter pointed out.

Max shook his head in agreement “I think it is pretty safe as long as no one opens the wrong door. Maybe in the future we can clear the whole building and it will be safe for everyone.”

The team cleaned up the dead zombies and made it back to the Knight library. Peter thanked everyone. Then went over to Louise “That was very brave what you did back there … quick thinking too. I’d like to thank you in a special way … how about over dinner tonight … on the roof top?” He asked her.

Cassandra

I turned the APC around and then handed the controls over to Ria. “Have fun… run over some more zombies for me. I have developed a point system for crushing zombies … here is how it works:

Regular Zombie … 2 points … however if you hit him/her so hard it flies over the APC 10 points.

Old Zombie's with a cane/ walker: 1 point … they are just way too easy. However if you crush the walker or break the cane … 2 points again.

Teenager zombies wearing their pants too-low. 50 points but you must hit them hard enough to cause the pants to come off!

Do you get the idea?” I ask Ria. before Ria could answer SSgt Washington (who was behind me) said in a black accent “You are one CRAZY BITCH … Cassandra!”

I smiled at her “Yes … I am!” I answered proudly
 
Deacon

I looked at Derry as her temper almost got the better of her,

"First it wasn't an order and secondly I ask it of you for only one reason, what if you rush in with me and you're the one to get hurt or even worse killed and not me? How am I supposed to live with myself after that?"

I looked back at the road,

"I just don't want you to get hurt on my account, I know you would want to help me, even protect me if it comes down to that and I respect that. I respect your passion, your heart and from all I have seen your abilities. But I do not wish for you to place yourself in danger because of me."

I looked at her and gave her a smile,

"You of course can say you can't promise that, I will understand why."
 
Ria
Driving ...


We had four vehicles now, the Bradley, a Humvee-truck, a truck and Hunter's truck.
All got in and Leo looked a bit helpless, insecure in which car he should get.

"Take a Humvee we can put people in and follow us." He would be alone, unarmed, but we were around. I didn't think we would have much trouble reaching the Knight. We had our share of trouble for some days in advance today, for sure.

“Have fun… run over some more zombies for me. I have developed a point system for crushing zombies … here is how it works:

Regular Zombie … 2 points … however if you hit him/her so hard it flies over the APC 10 points.

Old Zombie's with a cane/ walker: 1 point … they are just way too easy. However if you crush the walker or break the cane … 2 points again.

Teenager zombies wearing their pants too-low. 50 points but you must hit them hard enough to cause the pants to come off!" Cassie's explanation made me giggle. It wasn't my intention to set a record since the Bradley would be the last car in the convoy.

I drove over to the gate, got out, opened it, waved the others through and got back in. Drove through and got out to close the gate before jumped back in the tank just ahead of a zombie and I followed the others.

Three voices then asked me with different words and different intonations if I had lost a marble.

"No. There is still stuff in there we, or someone else might have a use for."

That zombie was close, very close. But it seemed to me it had slowed when it was very close. It seemed to me almost as if it hesitated when it was close ...
 
Scotty

At the Knight


Peter had left with some others to explore the Gerlinger. When they came back he proclaimed it safe to take the laundry there. With a grin on my face I loaded a cart with several baskets and pushed it out. It had been a good idea to volunteer for washing duty and even if it was a damn lot of work it had worked out well.

The stench was unbearable!
Still I filled the machines. And grinned as I took the two plastic bags I had hidden under the most gruesome washing out of the baskets.

They had only checked the route to the washing machines, but I needed to know more. But first the lockers ...

A few were open and empty. A few were locked and I opened them one after the other. Clothes, mostly for chicks, but I would wear it if it fitted me. What not fitted me I put on a heap in front of a machine. What fitted me I stuffed in a sports bag and put in a locker with my two bags. I found some make-up, deo's and stuff, stuffed it in a rucksack I would take back to the Knight.

I wondered if Lex had stayed here somewhere and opened a few doors on the corridor Peter and his lot had checked. In an office I found Lex layer. There was a lot of food and I divided it. The biggest lot I put in the locker with my stuff, the rest in the bag to take back.

Still I was not sure if I wanted to be on my own again, but now I had at least a more secure hiding place and food for weeks.

With the bag on the cart inside one of the empty baskets I went back into the Knight.

"Look what I found! This must have been Lex' stuff! And I found some girls clothes and make-up in the lockers! The clothesI'll wash with the next loads in about twenty minutes. The make-up and some other stuff is here. There are three tumblers, I could use some help with folding in about two hours from now ..."

People gathered around me when I held the bag in the air. They gratulated me on the find, cursed Lex and Mrs Asthuli and Lola told me they would help me with folding the wash. Which left me with about an hour in which I could check more rooms. I wanted to know if the main entrance was free ... If, I needed to block it somehow.
 
Bart could see the team inside the compound loading the vehicles. Ria appeared at the doors. Bart layed the crosshairs over her right breast. His finger started to take the weight of the trigger. He was ina daze. His thoughts swimmming back to the night he got the text. He heard a movement off to his left. *It brought him out of his stupor. *His finger slowly released as Ria headed back to into the building. It was time to get moving. Slowly Bart reached for his bag mindfull that he had not confirmed the kill on the grain tower. Grabbing the bag carefully placed his rifle inside. Quietly standing he made his way to the road, but well away from the compound gates which still had a crowd of zombies milling around it.
He tried the radio again but got no answer. He cursed the Hunter. The narly old boy was probably deaf. He wondered how he was getting on with the Knight team. The Hunter was usually alone. He didn't have much time for people, let alone people he didn't know. Bart wondered again what the hell had made the Hunter want to come here. It surely wasn't for the company. Bart found a hollow by the road and lay down. Semi hidden he waited for the cars to come.

The Hunter
Hunter fetched and carried. He was fucked if he'd let these kids think he couldn't do his share and more. He knew Ria from the day they met in the street and from the photograph. Despite himself he couldn't help looking at her breasts. He wondered what Bart saw in her. She was soft. All the talk of babies. He had wanted to shout at Ria, to wake her. She was in a dream world. Not in his world. That sentimentality would get her killed and probably this sorry group too. If it hadn't been for is gruding respect for Bart and his history he would have never even come here. He'd find out what went on that night. Ria had told him some story, but who could believe her? He would try to talk to the other woman Cassie. Women talk. She would know what happened. He saw her and tried to think of how to get her in the car with him. He smiled. If he did get her in the car he might just drive past Bart. He was old, but he wasn't dead yet!
 
Last edited:
Hip hop zombie vs Humvee

Keeping the rifle in hand I amble along behind Deacon, standing behind him two steps back to his right. Watching this little shit about to piss his pants, it was all I could do to keep from grinning. After Deacon had his say to Leo I lean in with a cold expression. ''If he is busy and can't burn ye alive.'' Drawing my 12'' K-bar knife from it's sheath put it an inch from Leo's face. ''I'll just dress ye out like a pig like on the farm...we clear boy?'' Walking away I call back over my shoulder. ''Names Cramer do what the big man said and ye'll do just dandy.''

Handing Deacon back the rifle as he reached for it, I walk out shoulder to shoulder with him. ''Nicely said big man...coming from anyone else...that would just have sounded like a threat. But with you Deacon it was obviously a promise...remind me never to piss you off alright?'' I chuckle and clap him on the shoulder, heading for to opposite Humvee truck to climb back in. ''Ok anyone ridin with me c'mon in ya'll!'' Unslung the AR-15 from my shoulder as I open the door, propping the rifle up in one of the built in racks as I climbed in. ''A one man job I see.''

Firing it up I like the quite rumble of the engine, depressing the clutch put it in first gear. I give it a little throttle revved it several times, watching the APC stop it look like Ria opened the gate. ''What the hell are ye doing Darin? Git yer ass back in that thang!'' I called out the widow as I drove past, keeping one eye on the road and one in the side view mirror. With a sigh of relief seeing the APC bringing up the rear, I could concentrate on my driving and zombie watch. One lumbers out into the road I quickly spot it, swerving over into the left lane. Hitting the ugly fucker damned if it wasn't a hip hop zombie, it's flipped over the roof it's low hanging pants flew right off. ''Yeeehaaa!...take that ye fuckin hip hop zombie freak!''
 
Last edited:
Ria

On the road


It was a good thing I was the last of the cars in the convoy. The tank rumbled nicely and steering was not difficult, just a bit hard. I kept my eyes on the Humvee Leo drove while my mind wandered to the zombie which had come close to me just minutes ago and to the rapport from the disease center Peter had talked about. About "zombies not following through with an attack on a person infected with Napoleon (well they hadn't called it Napoleon, but something HInumber, number numberVnumber number)". Did this mean I had Napoleon but nobody realized it? Would I realize if I had it?

Peter told me he felt just great, very much in control and ready to take charge of everything while Daniel had felt paranoid. I didn't feel paranoid, nor did I feel in control. I felt just the same as I had since this all started, worried, wanting to survive and help others to survive.

I almost missed the stop when Hunter picked up Bart.
It didn't take long, but quite some zombies were advancing on us.

"Cassie, get some Molotovs ready, please, we have to get rid of some of these?"

"Molotovs?" Ski said, "What do you want with those? I'll shoot them." She readied herself to go to the turret but Cassie was quicker.

"Guns are bad, Ski," I explained. "The noise attracts zombies. Like after the explosions? They came to the Armory from all over the place. Molotovs are silent. Zombies like the fire. Slow ones will gather around it and get so close they light themselves. If they wander away then, they'll start a new fire. We really need arrows with a tip we can set fire to. We need longbows, crossbows and such. Things we can make ourselves ..."

Cassie had thrown two bottles in different directions behind us and already zombies were torn between following us and warming themselves at the fires. Cramer had shot some, one couldn't hear the soft "plop" from his gun inside the tank.

"Deacon will make us some silencers for the guns," I promised Ski and Washington. "The guns will be of use then, until we run out off ammunition."

We had reached a street with some shops on it quite close to the Knight. A grocery, a drugstore and a boutique or two. They looked good. It seemed nobody had been here already. We needed so much ...

I remembered I promised Carla we would get her some of her things if we went to the drugstore near her house. I sighed. I hoped she would understand a relocation and getting Cramer's harvest was more important now.

How we would do this, I didn't know. Too many were ill. It would take some days before they felt well enough and were strong enough to work. And then John, Carla and maybe one or two others would still be too weak because of their wounds. I shook my head.

"The Knight," I showed Ski and Washington. "We'll wait until the guards on the roof start some fires before we get closer and unload."

It didn't take too long. I recognized TD on the roof and Martin. After a short while the big door of the loading bay opened and Peter's face peeked out off a little gap. As he noticed it was safe enough he pushed the door farther until Deacon and Cramer could drive their trucks up to it. Just seconds later the second door also opened and I drove the tank up to the gaping hole. Hunter stayed where he was. I got out, waved at him, but the only reaction was a small movement of his hand before he started the motor again and drove away.

Amazed, baffled, my mouth open, I watched him drive away.

"Now why ..." I asked Cassie and Peter who had walked up to us. Leo did nothing. I waved him over. "Peter, is the sickbay okay? I think these two need a check-up ..."

Scotty

At the Knight


Always those changes! Just when I wanted to go back to the Gerlinger somebody called all healthy people to the garages because we had to unload some cars! On the other hand, if they had found weapons, I could drop a carton with pistols and pocket one while I put them back in ...
 
Cassandra

I watched as the car carrying Hunter and Officer Bart pulled away. Ria seemed a bit put off … and turned away to talk to Peter. But as I kept watching the car, it pulled into the front lot. Apparently, they were going to use the front entrance and not the loading dock.

I listen to Peter and Ria talk for the moment.

Ria asked “Peter is the sickbay okay? I think these two need a check-up."

Peter smiled “If you like vinegar yes …” Ria gave him another odd look. “Mrs. Ashtuli used it to bring down people’s fevers. Oh the third floor conference room smells pretty bad too. But it worked. Everyone … except Doc Lee looks like they are going to make it. The Doc is strapped down on one of the bed and he is passed out. He really went over the edge. We’ll just need to wait and see if he can recover.”

“I’ll take Lt Ski and SSgt Washington to the sickbay” I told Ria and Peter.

Our two new Army members followed me as I explained how we had set up the library. I told them about the various people, the duties, and the defensive measure we had taken.

Lt Ski grabbed my arm and stopped me along with SSgt Washington. “Cassie … I want to say this when there is no one else is around. What you did to “the Boss” back at the Armory … well … thanks … that old fucker needed to die!”

SSgt Washington clapped me on the shoulder “I’m still laughing about the “money shot” joke you made. You are a funny girl!”

I smiled at both of them “Thanks … but why in private?” I asked

“Well … he was down on the ground and you had disarmed him … someone might think you went too far in blowing his head off.” The Lt explained.

“Shit … I had not really thought about that … in all those Hollywood action movies that is how it is done.” I said defending my actions.

Lt Ski smiled “don’t worry about it … you did great! In fact I need to thank the whole team … everyone on the team did some heroic stuff. Saved our asses! Isn't that Right ... Staff Sergeant”

SSgt Washington “Yes Ma’am”

That settled, we continued to walk and when we reached the sickbay. Mrs Ashtuli was there.

“Mrs. Ashtuli, two more survivors … but not from zombies … these two survived a bunch of wackos. Cuts and bruise mainly … maybe some dehydration.” I said. Just then I heard the front door open and Officer Bart and Hunter walked in. Officer Bart looked like he really needed a hug. So I ran over to both of them and hugged them. “Thanks for the cover fire … both of you” I said.
 
The conversation in the car had been short sand to the piont. Bart wanted to go back to the street. They had done what they had come to do. That was it. The Hunter was on a mission. "Look you saw one image and you are pissed. Wake up and smell the coffee! You gotta fight for anything worth having in this world son, you know that." Bart just looked at him with scorn in his eyes. "And don't tell me you've never seen a picture that's been made to tell a story in your time, or even made some." Hunter gave Bart a knowing look. Bart looked away. The car turned back towards the Knight. "Just give me my phone." He barked.

As soon as they were inside Cassie came flying oveer to meet them. Bart reached down to hug her, pulling her tight to him he almost lifted her off her feet. She thanked them for the covering fire and the help. All the while Bart held her tightly too him. The rush of emotion suprised him. He was glad she was OK, but the tears welling up in his eyes was more than he expected. He was holding her just a little too long when the Hunter saved him, again. "Hi I'm, well, just call me Hunter." *He nudged Barts side and Bart let her down softly. The old boy was pleased to see her agian. He even smiled. It was the first smile that Bart had seen in the five years of knowing him. Hunter hugged Cassie. Cassandra was suprised, but true to form took it in her stride, sharing a look with Bart as he smirked.

Barts face turned serious again, the greyness of his skin made it look like he'd turned to stone. "Cass I need to talk to you, " he began, " but not here." Hearing the word from behind him Hunter get her go, tipping his hat to Cassie and with a Chessire cat smile said "You kids play nice ya hear, I've got some thing to sort out." With that he headed off to find Cramer, his had covering his hunting knife. Bart looked at Cassie. "I'll head up to the roof, I need some air. Join me when you can." Kissing her on the top of the head he headed to the stair well carefully avoiding Ria.
 
Last edited:
Cramer ''Homer'' Grimes

Pulling up to the big garage door as I've never entered here, easing in and steering over to one side to park. Opening the door of the humvee retrieving my AR-15, sling it's strap over my shoulder to close the door. Stepping to the back of the truck unloading it, the ones that well enough could carry it inside. I drew my pack of cigars from my flannel pocket, pulling the FFA insignia zippo from my right back pocket. Flipping it open rolling the striker one easy motion, with a few puffs of smoke curling around my face. ''Hey big man hold up will ye?...let me help ye with all that heavy shit there ole buddy.''

How did Deacon managed to load this by himself? Just thinking about it almost gave me a hernia myself. Striding over quickly before he had a chance to say no, taking one side of something heavy as he had. It was much easier with two our size handing it, we carry it off to one side out of the way for right now. I help helped him with each heavy item till it's unloaded, taking the cigar from between my teeth so I kept from burning my banana. Working up a sweat I wipe my face dry on it's Harley insignia. ''Phewie!...How in the hell did ye manage to load all this heavy shit by yerself anyway Deacon? Putting the cigar back between my teeth.

Walking over to where Ria and Pete were talking, to ask what's happend when all hell was bustin loose. ''So hows the sick and injured doing? Was Doc and his foul mouth able to make any headway with em?'' As Peter repeated what he'd just told Ria, the look on his face he'd obviously was sick of telling people. ''Damn! Been a rough fuckin day all way around for everyone ain't it? Clapping Peter on his shoulder a slightly. One more question and I'll leave ye be, hows Norah and her brother holding up? I been worried bout those two. I didn't even git the chance to hug her bye before we left this mornin.''
 
Last edited:
Louise "Lulu" Smith

Louise told Peter she accepted his offer on account they were just friends. She told Lola about the machine and suggested they go wash the childrens clothing later on when they gathered enough dirty ones.

She decided a quick shower wouldnt be too bad considering she had to help dispose of the bodies that she shot. Hearing about the zombies were one thing but witnessing what they were capable of and how they were on a one track mind she had no problem shooting one down like a duck.

She and Lola talked for a bit before Lola told her about what happened down in the sickbay. Louise was shocked. " Thats insane! If we can find some actual medical supplies I wouldnt mind helping out down there Lola we could switch shifts" she said

She told Lola about the wicked ass Zombies and how she had shot em down like Sunday dinner. "All I can do is thank my dad for making me learn how to shoot. Otherwise id have been lunch meat to those things"
 
Cassandra is chasing after Bart?

After Bart’s comments and seriousness … I went over to Lt Ski and SSgt Washington “Hey … I have stuff to do … catch up with you two in a bit” They waved indicating it as ok for me to leave and I took off after Bart. I caught up with him on the stairs head up to the second floor.

“You sound all serious … what’s wrong?” I asked.

“I’ll tell you once we are on the roof.” Bart said.

“How about I tell you some puns … would that help?” I asked trying to lighten the mood.

“No” Bart said firmly.

“Hey … what do you think about my new look?” I asked him. He glanced at me.

“You look nice” He said.

“Wait … you did not really look … now come on take a good look” I said as I posed for him. I adjusted my spaghetti strap shirt and pulled up my tight cargo pants with all the pockets. I still had my bow, quiver full of arrows, and machete, and 9 mm hand gun on my thigh.

http://thestairscwe.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/lara_croft_concept.jpg

http://www.twistys.com/tour/models/view/id/896/cassandra-/?nats=MTUyNTk6Mzox,0,0,0,0

http://www.boobsmodels.com/sco/cassandra0200044/sco02.jpg


“Sexy … and deadly” I said. “I call it my Cassie, gun toting, “Rambina” zombie killing machine look or my blonde Lara Croft look” I said.

He paused for a second “your boobs are bigger than Lara Croft’s.” He pointed out and kept walking. “Wow” I thought to myself something is really bugging him, I hurried after him we were on the third floor now. Getting ready to climb the ladder. I asked one last question.

“Hey … if you could get any car in the world … what car would it be?” I asked.

That stopped him in his tracks “Cassie … why are you asking that question?” He asked back.

“Well … those fucking wack jobs … screwed with my mustang … tore the dashboard out to jump start it. They spray painted “BOSS” on both sides. So I was thinking … I could fix my mustang … or I could just get a new car … take one off the lot so to speak. I mean 90% of the human race is gone and Zombies don’t drive. So there are plenty of cars … so what should I get?” I ask

“Something practical” He said.

“Fuck that … I want something super fun …and super-fast!” I said back.

He sighed “Let me think about it” He said “now climb the ladder. I went up to the roof and he followed. We found a nice spot in one corner where it was private and there was not too much noise from the heating system.

I looked into his eyes and could see he was hurting “Sorry about all the questions … I’m all yours ... what is bugging you?” I asked.
 
THE WINERY

DAY 6

We were attacked 3 more times today and it wasn't until the last one that I finally figured out that noise attracts these stupid things. Well it's one of the things anyway. Human blood and flesh being another although it has to be fresh.

The first attack came just after dawn. I had been grabbing some much needed rest when the scout in the tower reported movement along the road leading into the winery. By the time I had rolled out of bed and made my way to the first floor window to take a look they could easily be seen. About ten people were walking up the main road towards us an already some of the others were hollering at them in greeting. Me, I knew there was something wrong about this but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Looking at them as they steadily moved closer it suddenly hit me. These people never once talked to each other or even looked at each other. They only looked at us and steadily walked towards us. Yelling down I had everyone get ready for an attack and then radioed up to the tower to get whoever was scouting today to take a closer look at our guests. The tower had one of the two powerful set's of binoculars we had. A minute later the call came back. “You were right Sir. I would say Zombies. They look normal but they are all dirty and their clothes are in an awful state. I doubt a human would let themselves look like that. Plus a few of them have blood caked around their mouths.”
“Next time just lead with that last piece of information son.”
Shouting down into the courtyard that we had Zombies incoming I was pleased when everyone quickly rushed to their positions and there was no more urging the figures on.
What followed had been short, violent but sweet. They had let the Zombies get close and then had opened up. As soon as they had they had started running towards them but with their fire power only two had made it to the fence and they had been quickly dealt with by the second wave of attackers with long spears. All of them had learnt that you went for the head for a quick kill or the legs to disable it until you could get that kill.

They had waited twenty minutes for the all clear from the watchtower before dragging the bodies to the old cemetery and burning them. Then they had hurried back to a well deserved breakfast.

Around noon I was informed that Brett and Odette were coming out of their illness and were starting to sit up and take an interest in their surroundings again. This was a double edged sword. On one hand this could be excellent news meaning that a person could survive a Zombie attack. On the other hand we could now have another two ticking time bombs just waiting to go psycho on our asses at any time. I decided to go visit them with Anubis remembering how the dogs had reacted to them the first time. As I entered the room Anubis's ears perked up and he became more alert, but after a curious sniff and look around he settled right back down and stood in his customary position by my side. The Kids looked great. The colour was back in their cheeks and they were chatting with Vicky who was lying on the end of Brett's bed. She was filling them in on everything that had happened while they had been sick. Maddy sat in a chair near Odette's head and smiled at the scene. I motioned for her to follow me out and she did quietly.
“We will need to keep an eye on them for a few more days just to be sure but they look healthy and Anubis isn't reacting the way he did before so it looks good. Congratulations Maddy I think you got some of your family back.”
Maddy flew into my arms and hugged me tight then stepped back blushing and returned to the room. I chuckled knowing that emotional relief myself and headed back down stairs just as the second attack hit us with no warning.
 
Cassie had followed me. She pulled me back on the staircase. Joking and posing she tried her best to lift my mood as we climbed the stairs. Really she looked great, really. Still wearing her bow, dirty and wearing her strappy top she was a sight for sore eyes. A survivalist pin-up. My mood was still black. I needed some air and headed for the roof. She took me over to a quiet corner. The sound of the plant machinery faded.

I sat next to her in the shade and pulled out my phone. "Cassie you know that I..". My voice faded. I started again. "Well since I met Ria I've got to thinking of her." I stopped again frustrated that I couldn't find the right words. She nudged me, smiling. "Like any of us could miss it." She laughed. "You guys are like Homer and Marge or something! ". I frowned "Well not any more I spat.". "She is with someone else now. Look at this.". I open the phone thumbing through the texts. There it was Ria naked from the waist up. Her nipples hard under the hands of some guy. Her face clearly lost in pleasure. I handed it to Cassie.

"See? Who the hell is that? The anger and hurt rising in my chest once again. "Did you see this. Did you know it was going on?". The questions rattled out, my voice harsh. I looked at Cassies. I could see she was hurt by my questions and my tone. I put my arm round her shoulder, her warmth felt good. "I'm sorry. I'm not angry with you, I just didn't have anyone else, I didn't have anyone .". The words echoed in my head. My head dropped onto my chest. I took a deep breath. "Err sorry Cassie. ". I said as I realized I was holding her tightly. I pulled my arm back sitting up straighter now. She was still looking at the phone. "What do you think?" I asked.
 
Next I stepped over to a corner after seeing an old grocery cart, the library evidently had used it to move things, pushing it over to the APC and step into the back, I gather up all the Beretta 9mm automatics placing them into it. There was a heavy duty set of lockers along the wall, pushing the cart over to an unlocked one. I found the heavy padlock with the key still in it, opening the locker I stack the 9mm automatics inside locking it up. Having counted each one of them I'd know if one went missing, I did this only as a safety precaution for all. Pocketing the industrial padlock key into my pocket, I'd duplicate it later for team leaders to use.

Pushing the cart back to the APC for the rifles, stepping back in side to gather them all up. Carrying an arm load at time into the cart, going back inside for the rest of them. Carrying the remaining weapons to cart, adding them into the cart along with the rest. Pushing the cart back over to the lockers, luckily I found another empty one with a industrial padlock. Standing the rifles and shotguns upright inside it, I close this locker up and pocket this key too. Pleased that they were safely locked safely away for now.

My hands smelling of gun oil and metal, I wipe my hands on my thighs thoroughly. This would just have to do for now. ''Deacon I'm headed upstairs to see how everyone is, be back down later if ye need help.'' Slowly making my way up the metal stairwell, reaching the top it went into Max's shop. Looking in the lost and found I see Ducks jersey, it wasn't a Bulldogs jersey but it would fit. Tucking it under my arm I go on up the stairs, entering the Knight I walked into the kitchen. Getting a bottled water opening it drank 1/4, I lean back to rest tiredly against the wall. ''Hey Mrs. Ashtuli, how's all of our sick doing so far? I heard you got several of their fevers down with vinegar. Mama used to do it fer me, always worked.''
 
Last edited:
As Deacon talked I listened, I knew he meant well...I knew it...but still he had still been high handed about it earlier, now he was being a lot more reasonable. I waited until he finished. Then I had my say,

"You ask how are you supposed to live with me getting hurt or killed? I have to ask you the very same question. Ok...so I really have to be honest and say...I can't promise you that if you needed my help and it was a dangerous situation, that I wouldn't do everything in my power to help or save your butt."

I frowned thinking, (he must see that I am not the kind of person to let anyone I care for die if I could help it.) I glanced at Deacon and sighed,

"OK lets just not worry about this now, let's make a pact that we just try to keep ourselves as safe as we can in this impossible world we now live in. As far as I understand I think we must survive so when and if this all simmers down, we may find as a race that humans are now just a fraction of what we once were. You know we have been so busy just trying to survive these last days that there really hasn't been time to think about the big picture. Like what is the human population now?...And what will it be a year from now?"

"Our world will never be the same, I think it will take generations for us to return to some resemblance of what we once had and took for granted. We are living through what we have seen in countless movies and read in sci fi books."

I looked at Deacon as he drove on...my thoughts continued on this thread. Now that I was thinking past just trying to survive one day at a time, I felt overwhelmed. I looked out the front window, not seeing anything as my thoughts continued,

"Deacon, do you realize that we humans might be on the brink of extinction? OMG...we have to survive...have to continue."

I know I was getting too emotional now...so I decided to stop talking. Trying to calm my thoughts I reached for Deacon's hand, I needed to feel the warmth and comfort of another human being. I had never felt like this in my entire life, I didn't want him to know how truly frightened I felt at this moment. We had things to do as soon as we got back to Knights, I had to get a hold of myself..
 
Back
Top