Irc

Gaz72UK

Really Experienced
More of a "looking for recommendations" than a How to...

Since Lit Chat is basically broken - at least for me - I was looking at IRC for my chat fix. Now, I've not been on IRC since about 1995 - so can anyone recommend me some good channels to check out, that would be along the same topic lines as Lit Chat? UK based would be even better.

Thanks.

More of a "looking for recommendations" than a How to...

Since Lit Chat is basically broken - at least for me - I was looking at IRC for my chat fix. Now, I've not been on IRC since about 1995 - so can anyone recommend me some good channels to check out, that would be along the same topic lines as Lit Chat? UK based would be even better.

Thanks.

IRC is still around?

IRC is still around?

So I'm told.... I used it a lot in University, then moved on to other platforms like Yahoo chatrooms and various webchat sites.

What's IRC?

Internet Relay Chat. I think it's fair to say that if you don't know that, then you are not the target audience of this thread... ;)

Let me broaden the question - can anyone recommend any IRC channels / servers or any other alternative chatroom environments? Needs to be free, open, and preferably with a decent UK participation.

Last I checked, IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is still out there, it is a grand-daddy of internet chat, has been around a long long time, I would be willing to bet pre world wide web internet. I used to use a client called MIRC, there are others. It is still out there, CollarMe.com's chat uses IRC as its backbone......

If you do a websearch on IRC chat rooms I am sure you will find something you want, there are shitloads of them (it isn't one server, as its name implies, it is relayed chat between servers on it, all over the world, which causes its own problems.....), chat rooms are created and removed all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if wiki had a list..or if you are interested in something specifically (like trans gals, bd/sm, threesomes, whatever, do a search for "IRC threesomes" for example)......

Back