New Lit Control Panel Testers - Info, Updates, Reports & More

Not working at all on iPad

Im finding its not loading at all on my iPad. It sticks with 'loading' on the screen. Happy to help track down if it's hard to repeat.
 
Description, rejection message problems

Hi there,

Nice work! Two things that I'm battling with, though.

First, the "short description" is now very short which makes it very difficult to add a description to a submission that makes sense.

Second, my story was rejected but the reason for the rejection is left blank, which means I now have to guess what the problem is. What I get is:

-----[ snip ]-----

Dear Writer,

Thank you for your submission to Literotica. We appreciate the time and effort you've taken to write a story and submit it to our site. However, we've found that we cannot post your submission in its current form. The checklist below may help you in re-examining your manuscript.

*

Please feel free to re-submit the story after a Volunteer Editor has examined it, or after you've made revisions. You can find a list of Volunteer Editors here.

Please consult our Writer's Resources section and make sure you read our submission guidelines:

If you have any questions on these, please let us know.

Thanks for your time, and look forward to reading you again!

Laurel & Manu
Literotica.Com

-----[ snip ]-----

The asterisk is the bullet from the empty list.

Unfortunately I can't find the old CP anymore. All links I had now seem to point to the new one.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot from 2017-08-15 11:17:21.jpg
    Screenshot from 2017-08-15 11:17:21.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1
I'm starting to have several issues on the site (the main site, not the forums....yet)

1. I can't see or edit whats in my favorites on the new control panel. It says that I have 70 stories, but at the same time I get "You don't have any stories here yet."

2. If I go to the old lay out, not all my favorites show. I know I have more than what is shown.

3. Moving stories have now become tedious. Example: If I have a story that I want to move OUT of my "read later" list and to put in my "kinky" and "second person pov" lists, I have to constantly refresh the page in order to move the story to one folder. Refresh again to add to the other folder. And refresh a third time so I can remove from "read later"
 
I'm starting to have several issues on the site (the main site, not the forums....yet)

1. I can't see or edit whats in my favorites on the new control panel. It says that I have 70 stories, but at the same time I get "You don't have any stories here yet."

2. If I go to the old lay out, not all my favorites show. I know I have more than what is shown.

3. Moving stories have now become tedious. Example: If I have a story that I want to move OUT of my "read later" list and to put in my "kinky" and "second person pov" lists, I have to constantly refresh the page in order to move the story to one folder. Refresh again to add to the other folder. And refresh a third time so I can remove from "read later"

Thank you for the report and sorry about the issues.

What browser are you using when you have these problems?

Also, can you clarify what is happening in issue #3 above? I just tried moving stories around between various lists and it works as expected as far as I can see. When you say you have to "refresh the page", what does that mean?

I am not able to reproduce the issue with Favorites not showing either, but I will continue to do more research. It's possible that you are using a different browser than what I am testing with.

Thank you again and please let me know if you have additional information. :D
 
The browser I use is chrome. I haven't had issues with the site before, even with the update. Just as of recent, it stopped working. As for the moving thing, that magically got fixed. Weird, I have been having issues all week. As for favorites not showing, here is my screen cap, I have attached below.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 11.33.23 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 11.33.23 PM.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1
Also (sorry for double posting, I can't seem to edit posts) I tried another browser and I'm getting the same issue. I'm also using my macbook, if that is realvant at all.
 
Is there a way to delete a story from drafts other than going back to the old control panel? Sometimes you decide that the world just isn't ready for your latest gem, more often that the gold is pyrite, and leaving the stuff to accumulate in draft once the old panel is gone isn't the best solution.
 
Also (sorry for double posting, I can't seem to edit posts) I tried another browser and I'm getting the same issue. I'm also using my macbook, if that is realvant at all.

We believe the bug with Favorites Lists is resolved, can you double check?

Thank you and sorry again about the problem.
 
Is there a way to delete a story from drafts other than going back to the old control panel? Sometimes you decide that the world just isn't ready for your latest gem, more often that the gold is pyrite, and leaving the stuff to accumulate in draft once the old panel is gone isn't the best solution.

Sorry for not making it available from the Story Page - we have added that to our list of things to do in the future.

In the meantime, you can easily delete any draft from the following screen:
Works > Drafts

Each story in your Drafts folder has a Gear Icon (Settings) on the far right of the screen.

If you click the Gear Icon, you will get an options screen. On the bottom left of that options screen is a red (warning!) Delete button.

If that doesn't work, please let me know.

Sorry again about it not being clear and thank you for the suggestion to add it to the Story Page itself. :D
 
My Home - all activity

Over this weekend most of the elegable activity has been omitted. Aug 26, 27 and 29; the 28th seemed ok. This seems to happen occasionally but not since you went live. When items are missing they never reappear.
 
stuff not appearing in feed

I hope this is the right place to post this. I think so

A few months ago an author I follow uploaded a new story and it didn't appear in the latest activity feed for me. I've just checked and I can see it in my authors activity feed (I didn't check there at the time)

On the 17th I noticed that some had favourited the final instalment to one of my stories. when I visited their page I noticed that they had favourited every single on of the instalments but i haven't been notified of these favourites feed.

I'm not particularly peeved by either of these things, I just thought you might like to know

K
 
Comments

Comments are rare enough that they deserve a different colored Icon (at a minimum).
We think they ought to be simply included in the feed directly.
-MM
 
I hope this is the right place to post this. I think so

A few months ago an author I follow uploaded a new story and it didn't appear in the latest activity feed for me. I've just checked and I can see it in my authors activity feed (I didn't check there at the time)

On the 17th I noticed that some had favourited the final instalment to one of my stories. when I visited their page I noticed that they had favourited every single on of the instalments but i haven't been notified of these favourites feed.

I'm not particularly peeved by either of these things, I just thought you might like to know

K

I'm not entirely sure how you are doing this without bringing the database to it's knees but about 20% of items that should be in my feed are not. If they are not, they never are. That makes me suspect there is a favorites table by user that you use to refresh this query. A stored procedure clearly runs when certain events occur but the one triggered when batches of stories are released seems to be flakey or has limits on it so items never get logged to some users.

BTW. The way chrome rerenders pages when you flip tabs appears to be rerunning queries on this table. You must have seen a big jump in transaction's! You might see a big overall performance improvement if you went back to just building the table in HTML.
 
Hi, Manu.

I have been using the New Control Panel pretty much since you posted this thread. You still can't edit preferences in your profile for the items of: Drinks, Smokes, and Interested in (Friends, Men, Women, etc).

I checked it in both Chrome and Edge, and it is the same. The only way to access those areas is through the old User CP.

Also, When I update the verbiage in my profile section on Lit, it used to change it here on the forum, but it did not update today. I can't figure out how to change that blurb on the forum. Thanks.
 
I like it

It looks fresh and modern, somehow it's loading faster and it's easy to navigate.
Good work Folks!
 
Missing Bits

When some enthusiastic fan favourites multiple stories, some of the activity never makes it to the new page but is readily seen on the old system (one reason some of us still go back to it from time to time). I can't say that I've had a problem with not having the whole of the past twenty-four hours show up at once, but perhaps my stories don't get the same level of activity as others.
 
Bug?

A horse with No Name Parts 1 and 2 were published on the same day but only Part 1 turns up in the /Activity page. I'm thinking your algorithm is not allowing for >1 on the same day.
Thanks
 
Failure to Render

Yesterday, Activity failed to Render on my Win10/IE combo which I ignored as Chrome did render but today my android chrome won't render - suspicious of some iffy html/java...
 
Submission Page problem

I can't get into my Story submissions: mad:
Can this be fixed so I can post more stories please;)
 
Hover over votes, views, comments, favorites.

Hover over is a waste of time for authors and it is pointless for values up to 1000000 (7 places).

1234 = 1.2K (both have 4 digits)
987654 = 987.6K (both have 6 digits)

So why even have this silly feature?
-MM
 
Under the old control panel the category was listed for the individual story.

On the new CP it isn't. I have to assume, which is a stretch, that the word 'Stories' behind the data published is supposed to be the category of the story.

i.e. 03/30/2010 Stories
 
Activity Broken and Favoites Sort inverted

For two days now the Activity page has not added any new items though there are several candidate stories that should be there, also, the favorites listing now sorts oldest first instead of newest first. That is mighty inconvenient.

Please actually tell us what's going on.

Thanks
 
I don't know if this has been requested, but it would be nice if we could sort the Authors we follow by more than when they signed up to Literotica. Options could be: Alphabetical(Asc/Desc), Total Stories(Count(Asc/Desc)), Recently Posted(Asc/Desc), When started following(Asc/Desc).

Food for thought. Thanks for giving erotically minded authors a place to get their works out there.
 
Back
Top