Loving wives is brutal

But to the readers that category IS NOT about your idea of a "true" loving husband and wife.

By the explicit explanation of the category by the Web site itself, its not about husband and wife loving either. It's explicitly about extramarital sex by the wife.

By the explicit explanation of the category by the Web site itself, its not about husband and wife loving either. It's explicitly about extramarital sex by the wife.

"Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more"

It goes either way. My impression over the years it that of a majority male readership and a majority male authorship. Because of that they are mostly about the wife.

Edit: I'm also astounded by the number of male authors writing under female pen names.

"Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more"

It goes either way. My impression over the years it that of a majority male readership and a majority male authorship. Because of that they are mostly about the wife.

Edit: I'm also astounded by the number of male authors writing under female pen names.

It seems to me that KeithD has a point; The category name itself is, Loving Wives which is a pretty strong indicator of the content. However, nothing says one couldn't flip it around. It could be an especially interesting experiment :rolleyes:

It seems to me that KeithD has a point; The category name itself is, Loving Wives which is a pretty strong indicator of the content. However, nothing says one couldn't flip it around. It could be an especially interesting experiment :rolleyes:

I think it's fine for writers to put what they want there. What we're having some of, though, is writers asserting what the category is for--and the Web site has already done that. Explicitly.

Quite true. Post to LW for comments, to Incest for views. Expect many comments to be hostile. Group and Incest are usually good for votes. I'm not sure how to pander for votes in LW except to maybe for divine justice to BtB. If I cared, I suppose I could read top-scoring LWs to see how they're built.

Quite so. My one LW story has by far the lowest rating of any of my stories, but it has a higher ratio of votes to views and comments to views than any other story of mine.

It's always been 100% clear to me since I started reading stories at Literotica what the focus of LW is: wives who have sex outside marriage (whether that's "cheating", if done with the husband's enthusiastic support, depends on your concept of cheating). There's no mystery, there never has been, and readers who insist that these stories don't belong there are being rather thick-headed, I think.

That said, the name of the category is unfortunate. It ought to be something like "hot wives", a much better tip off to the content that leaves no one in a position to complain. Stories about nice, faithful wives can go in erotic couplings or romance.

Quite so. My one LW story has by far the lowest rating of any of my stories, but it has a higher ratio of votes to views and comments to views than any other story of mine.

It's always been 100% clear to me since I started reading stories at Literotica what the focus of LW is: wives who have sex outside marriage (whether that's "cheating", if done with the husband's enthusiastic support, depends on your concept of cheating). There's no mystery, there never has been, and readers who insist that these stories don't belong there are being rather thick-headed, I think.

That said, the name of the category is unfortunate. It ought to be something like "hot wives", a much better tip off to the content that leaves no one in a position to complain. Stories about nice, faithful wives can go in erotic couplings or romance.

I'm wondering if the category name of 'Loving Wives" was coined in a far distant past when Literotica was just a baby? I'm not sure when the whole "hot wife" term came to be? Seems more recent to me, but I'm not sure. But the name change would be more clear in these days. Actually, most authors seem to desire to place their story in the most appropriate category, so it is a confusing experience when they don't understand the hidden secret code to LW. I just ran across a post in How To asking the same questions as show up here.

ETA: It's a shame no LW hard core readers comment here. It'd be interesting to hear the other side of the story.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the category name of 'Loving Wives" was coined in a far distant past when Literotica was just a baby? I'm not sure when the whole "hot wife" term came to be? Seems more recent to me, but I'm not sure. But the name change would be more clear in these days. Actually, most authors seem to desire to place their story in the most appropriate category, so it is a confusing experience when they don't understand the hidden secret code to LW. I just ran across a post in How To asking the same questions as show up here.

ETA: It's a shame no LW hard core readers comment here. It'd be interesting to hear the other side of the story.

I've been reading LW for close to twenty years. How hard core would you like. :D

The stories have always followed those lines although in recent years a bi then GM component started to show up and then the cuck shit came in the last wave.

The stories have always been about sharing/swinging although if I remember the category description was slightly different in the early years. But then I just read the stories. I didn't give a shit about HOW they got there.

It seemed the lines started to blur around 2008-2010 and other stories started to show up. Stories that clearly didn't belong. I finally registered in 2011 because I wanted to slam some idiot that only allowed registered votes/comments on a story that didn't belong.

In recent years the various groups have become more focused around certain aspects of the stories and vocal as all hell about their preferences and the rest can fuck off.

The readers are engaged.

Over the years the stories have become extremely formulistic. About 90% suffer from that. Maybe 10% give something new and well written and that's what I focus on reading nowadays.

Last edited:
Hi,

I just stumbled into the LW trap as well. But reading this thread I still can't understand, what

"Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing "

has to do with cheating. Cheating is no fun; swinging and sharing implies consent.

Only "& more" justifies to write about cheating.

cu
Phiro

Hi,

I just stumbled into the LW trap as well. But reading this thread I still can't understand, what

has to do with cheating. Cheating is no fun; swinging and sharing implies consent.

cu
Phiro

I'm with you, but some readers (and authors) here see all extra-marital activity as "cheating" and cannot imagine that it can be anything other than bad and harmful to the people involved.

I'm with you, but some readers (and authors) here see all extra-marital activity as "cheating" and cannot imagine that it can be anything other than bad and harmful to the people involved.

Yes, despite all research to the contrary. :rolleyes:

Pretty much a knee jerk reaction from them.

Hi,

cu
Phiro

??? "extra-marital" explicitly involves "cheating." Marriage vows don't include a clause justifying playing around outside of the marriage.

??? "extra-marital" explicitly involves "cheating." Marriage vows don't include a clause justifying playing around outside of the marriage.

Really? Did your marriage vows contain a phrase like "I will never have Sex with anybody else but you?"

Or do they say "I will be true to you?"

According to the English Wikipedia American standard vows do not even contain that, but only the promise "to have and to hold".

Don't get me wrong: I personally don't share or swing, but with mutual consent, even mutual participation, how can there be cheating involved?

Nowhere in the category does it state that BOTH parties have to be having fun. The wife could be having a ball (no pun intended) while hubby is miserable.

In that case, the relationship is already broken. Sure, that happens, and sure, this is subject of many LW stories. It certainly can be enormously satisfying to see a spouse suffering after having betrayed the protagonist. But "fun"? I can't imagine that.

In that case, the relationship is already broken. Sure, that happens, and sure, this is subject of many LW stories. It certainly can be enormously satisfying to see a spouse suffering after having betrayed the protagonist. But "fun"? I can't imagine that.

There are men and women that would get emotional satisfaction out of their partner cheating. There are cucks and cuckqueens for whom being shit on makes them miserable but satisfies their emotional needs.

Do I understand it? No. I don't work that way. But never underestimate the ability of humans to find satisfaction at the bottom of a pile of shit (to you)

Really? Did your marriage vows contain a phrase like "I will never have Sex with anybody else but you?"

Or do they say "I will be true to you?"

According to the English Wikipedia American standard vows do not even contain that, but only the promise "to have and to hold".

Don't get me wrong: I personally don't share or swing, but with mutual consent, even mutual participation, how can there be cheating involved?

Glad I'm not married to you.

Glad I'm not married to you.

I'm somewhat surprised at your reaction, because my impression is that you've always taken the position that we should be accepting of and not apply our own subjective biases to others' kinks. That's a position I've always taken. This seems inconsistent with that.

If you get married in a civil ceremony, you don't take a vow never to have sex out of marriage. Vows are a matter of custom and religion, or of personal choice. Two people (in the US anyway) can get married and make up their own vows.

I think of "cheating" as necessarily incorporating an element of dishonesty. Sex outside marriage does not necessarily involve that. It all depends upon the understanding of the partners to the marriage.

This was just extrapolating from what I thought was a hard-headed denial of what "extra-marital" means.

I've a funny little essay, What Is Cheating? Briefly, two or more partners in some grouping resembling 'marriage' may have formal or implied agreements (rules) of allowed activities, sexual and otherwise. Marriage is a game; players follow their rules, or cheat. In some societies, normal folks are expected to fuck around. Whether that's 'cheating' depends on their agreements.

IMHO the LW trolls obsess on narrow sets of rules and are harsh on depicted fun. Umm, hey guys, this is all FICTION, y'know? Made-up stories. Chill.

LW is overrun with trolls

Be careful before submitting to Loving Wives. I find there are so many different opinions on what a loving wife story is that the feedback can be vicious.

I won't post to LW. Too much trolling going on. When I read from the category, I usually discount the scores to 4.10. That still allows for good stories to get through. Incest/taboo are a much friendlier lot!

Gotta love the passion

I think you have to believe that people who are invested in that category are bringing a lot of preconceptions to their reads. They read the stories and they comment on what they want to.
As a LW writer who gets pilloried fairly often, I’m intrigued by the concept of what the people so put off by cheating wives are looking for by reading the LW category. It’s been suggested they want to see the wives punished and I think that is the easiest explanation.
But I think it’s deeper. I think many of them have been hurt or fear being hurt. I think the reads may be cathartic and the comments may be a way for them to say what they are thinking about their own relationships. Or what they wish they’d said. Maybe they are just looking for a clue as to what derailed a relationship and they either find it or they don’t.
No matter, I agree with what’s been said before. They are invested and they are diligent. They’re involved. And in a reading community that’s what we all want, right?

Last edited:
So the One Night In XXX event launched last night and I must have caught the story just as it posted.

Four one votes right off the bat :rolleyes:

Comment this AM

Yes I like Westerns
But not from you!

LOL, only in loving wives :D

I have always accepted that Loving Wives was exactly how it is described; Swingers, Cheating, Wife Swapping, Partner Sharing, etc. This has been the description long before I even registered.

Sadly, I think the anger and vitriol stems from a certain individuals with socio-political stance and their just absolute hatred of cuckoldry. It seems to be very popular criticism from the "NiceGuy/INCEL" crowd as well, hence they all want to BTB.

Ironically, those stories when placed in the Non-Consent/Reluctance category, they can sometimes skate without negative commentary.

The alternative problem I have found is Netorare/Female Cuckoldry. At one time, the Japanese term Netorare was used to describe Alpha Women who stole Men and made the Wife watch, or Married men who would degrade their wives by having sex with a more sexually vibrant/stimulating women. It kind of became the default term for Female Cuckoldry. The Irony is those stories when put into the Loving Wife Category do not near attract the hate that a Man stealing another man's wife/girlfriend does.

I think you have to believe that people who are invested in that category are bringing a lot of preconceptions to their reads. They read the stories and they comment on what they want to.
As a LW writer who gets pilloried fairly often, I’m intrigued by the concept of what the people so put off by cheating wives are looking for by reading the LW category. It’s been suggested they want to see the wives punished and I think that is the easiest explanation.
But I think it’s deeper. I think many of them have been hurt or fear being hurt. I think the reads may be cathartic and the comments may be a way for them to say what they are thinking about their own relationships. Or what they wish they’d said. Maybe they are just looking for a clue as to what derailed a relationship and they either find it or they don’t.
No matter, I agree with what’s been said before. They are invested and they are diligent. They’re involved. And in a reading community that’s what we all want, right?

Very astute observation, and seemingly very true of the INCEL/Friendzoned "Nice Guy" crowd.

I have often considered submitting a Loving Wives story that touches on all the INCEL fears that results in horrible consequences for the girl; just to see if I could pull a perfect score.

Guy meets girl, she is reluctant, they become friends, he does everything for her, as she proceeds to sleep with everyone but him. Her most hated female enemy joins forces with the jilted young man to insure she ends up pregnant and diseased getting what she deserves for ignoring what a "great guy" he was, and they run off to have the most sexually passionate relationship of all time knowing that they put that dumb, diseased whore in the gutter.

Maybe it could be a Contest Category.

I have often considered submitting a Loving Wives story that touches on all the INCEL fears that results in horrible consequences for the girl; just to see if I could pull a perfect score.
The cheaters die in my highest-rated LW stories. In one, it's their cheating actions on a hot-wired-bed. In another it's divine punishment, caught in a mudslide. The cheated doesn't directly deal justice. Maybe that's the key. Poor guy can't be blamed, cheaters did it to themselves and deserved it, yada yada.

Want a pissoff factor? Cheaters get away with it. Cuck finds out but is powerless and humiliated. Then he goes wittol (willing wimp) and enjoys watching -- while being blown by a goldfish or fleshlight. Make the bull a BBC who farts perfume. That'll earn some comments.

Back