Copland (Closed)

KINKYCanada

Member of Vault 81
Joined
Sep 3, 2014
Posts
2,144
Detective Jacob Doyle, was just putting his glock into it’s holster when his wife Rachel came into the room. “Getting that new partner today!” She said offhandedly as she often did before work. Jake was sure she was sleeping around but that didn’t bother him, he was in no way faithful to her, the pair seemed to just accept the unknown and live their lives.

“Yup! Some snot nose from downtown. She’s supposed to be the best new detective out there. Well we’ll see about that. Capt is assigning her to me told the old fucker it was a mistake but says she needs a partner and I’m it!” Jake joked in mock anger. He didn’t want a partner, his last one needed to go when he stopped being a team player. Real insider scumbag shit but needed to be done to protect the inner circle. Which was what they called themselves. A new partner meant feeling her out to see if she was on board or not, and if she wasn’t well then she needed to go! One way or another.

“Well I feel better with someone watching your back. Poor Phil, shot by some low life, right in the back. Poor Angie.” Rachel said as she started to get ready for her day.

“Just don’t you worry. I’ll be fine!” Jake replied. His wife of five years not asking about this new partner being a woman only seemed to cement his belief that she was cheating. “I’ll be home really late don’t wait up!” He said and then walked out. He drove his department issued Taurus to the 72, Louisville . The drive took only about twenty minutes from his home.

Once there the boys started busting his balls about being the training wheels for the rookie. He told them to shut up and went to his desk. After an hour he was called to the captains office. Inside was Capt Rice and a very attractive young woman, Jake said hello to the capt and then turned to the new addition. “Hello you must be. Kristen I’m Detective Jake Doyle.”

KC

Jake Doyle
http://68.media.tumblr.com/26a43a3aced7adfda26a81399a27d2b9/tumblr_n0wqimFnxo1qbu83io1_500.png
 
Detective Kirsten Davis used a knife to scrape the burnt toast, working until she finally reached something that resembled actual toast. It tasted like styrofoam. Cooking was not her strong suit. Rather, marksmanship was where she excelled, having top marks in her class when she was in the academy. She had done okay on the streets, but was glad when she made detectives. At her old precinct, she had made a name for herself. Not all of it always good, but nobody seemed to really complain. Nevertheless, she was ready for a change and had welcomed the transfer to the 72.

She finished her toast and headed for the bedroom, looking at herself in the mirror as she stood in her underwear. Her bra and thong panties were in a charcoal grey and wouldn't show up under her suit. In no time, she was dressed into grey pants and black blouse, slipping on her holster for her Glock 19 before putting on her jacket, the smaller gun smoothly hidden under it.

The first day on any new job could be nerve wracking. No telling who they would partner her with. Probably some old fart about ready to be put out to pasture, busy talking about the good old days. Walking into the room, it had the same smell that police stations all over had, one of sweat and stale cigarettes and generally unwashed bodies. She could never figure out if it was the cops or the perps. Probably both.

She was shown into Captain Rice's office where the man spent the next 30 minutes chewing Tums and talking about what would be expected of her. She bit her tongue and punctuated her occasional nod with a "yes sir". No sense in irritating the boss on the first day. He finally told her that she was paired with some officer named Jake Doyle.

Rice motioned to someone on the other side of the glass window looking out on the room. She heard the door open behind her and turned to find herself face to face with her new partner.

Hello you must be. Kristen I’m Detective Jake Doyle. She shook the hand he held out to her, giving him a perfunctory nod. "Yeah. But it's Kirsten. Not Kristen. Kirsten Davis."

The man was good looking. As the old saying went, 'Wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers.' Whatever the hell that meant. It was what her mother used to say when she saw a good looking man.

Rice sent them out of his office, telling Jake to show her where her desk was. She thanked her new boss and followed her new partner out into the cacophony of ringing phones and people talking, or yelling or just plain arguing.
 
"Good she doesn't take shit thus far!" He thought then said her name correctly. Most rookies wouldn't correct the senior partner until they felt them out a little, Kirsten was right in there not letting Jake start off on the wrong foot with her.

Jake walked the very striking looking woman to her new desk. Which kept her back to the rest of the office. Where Jake's had his back to a wall and could see all that came and went. "Phil Clemente was a good man. You have big shoes to fill. Now here's the skinny. For the first few days keep your trap shut! I will to all the talking. When we are alone talk all you want, but in front of my C.I.'s you don't talk. They are a skittish bunch at best and they don't trust people easily!" Jake said off handed. The boys were all giving the new girl plenty of stares even some of the women were looking Kirsten over. "Now before you go all P.C. on me understand this. I've worked damn hard to get here and won't let anyone ruin my relationships with my informants. I don't give a fuck if you are straight, gay, black, white! What religion you are how you vote or what you fucking eat. I care about getting the job done." Jake said trying to size this woman up. Jake then pointed out the men and women she would be working along side. "That's Banks and Givens. Their a couple of fags but get the job done!" He said pointing to two middle ages white males in the classic detective garb. Light blue, cheap suits. A ball of paper flew at him and each gave him the finger.

Jake laughed and returned the gesture. "Then there's Tim and His special lady Gladys!" For this comment a lot more paper came his way.

"Fuck you ass hat. Hi names Gabby. Don't let this troll tell you what's what." Gabby said coming over and holding out her hand for Kirsten.

"Ya ya. Then last up is Kurt and Vick, They are good 'ol' boys from the academy." Jake finished then he looked over a couple of papers. After they all said hello to Kirsten. Jake stood up and told her to follow him He walked her through all the departments. They were the same as she was used to. Though everyone seemed to either love Jake of almost fear him. "So Kirsten any questions? Concerns?" Jake asked ending the tour in the parking garage.

He needed to find out sooner then later if she was a team player or a whistle blower. HE was hoping she would work out now seeing that she was so good looking, she would be useful in the field, many people would trust her over him.

KC
 
She followed her new partner, trying not to watch his ass as he walked. Wouldn't do to get caught doing that the first day in the job. Her desk was probably the worst arrangement in the whole room. Asshole.

As she looked over her desk, checking out what poor old Phil may have left in his drawers, Jake launched into his speech about his precious CI's. As if he was the only cop that had them. She let him get it out of his system before he started introductions around the room. It was a standard group, similar to what she had just left at the 36.

A man with a slight paunch walked over to shake her hand.

Fuck you ass hat. Hi names Gabby. Don't let this troll tell you what's what.

"Yeah, I figure he's just looking for a pissing match." Gabby gave a cackle as he headed back to his desk.

Introductions over, he told her to follow him. The tour of the building was brief, very similar to where she had just left and when they finished up in the garage, he asked, So Kirsten any questions? Concerns?

"Yeah. First off, call me Davis. If someone calls and asks for Davis, that's me. Next, you have your CI's, I have mine. I don't fuck with yours, you don't fuck with mine. Deal?

Next. You drive. I don't like to, and if the truth were known, it's not really my strong suit. I can drive if I have to, but...

I'm sure more will come up." She stood there, not aggressive, but not backing down. She flicked back a stray strand of her red hair as her brown eyes stared back at him. This was going to be interesting.
 
Jake had to smile. She was a fire cracker. That was a good thing. When they were doing the job he wouldn't want some pussy watching his back. "Good to hear it. Ya I'll be driving. It's a man thing!" He said with a cheesy laugh. "Well here's the file on the case you are now working with me. A home invasion. The couple was asleep, the wife was sexually assaulted and the hubby was beaten like a rented mule and forced to watch. Real scum did this." He handed her the file. "I believe in a rotating coffee buy. So today is your turn." Again with the cheese. "So I'll drive you read. Also I want to know more about you. So I expect to hear all about your likes and dislikes. I feel it's important for partners to know their partners inside and out. Also feel free to ask me anything I will always answer you!" He said as they walked to the car. He looked her over again.

'Damn' he thought 'I sure hope she ain't gay!' he went to the drivers side and got in.

KC
 
She climbed in the car and settled down as her new partner fired up the car's engine. As a woman, it really irked her that she needed to carry a purse. She had things she needed to carry: phone, money, certain things for that time of the month, etc. She had researched and managed to find a small cross body purse able to hold everything she needed and yet not be too feminine and bulky. She had one in every color to match her suits, trying to make it as inconspicuous as possible.

She pulled out her phone and punched in his name.

"Give me your number and I'll give you mine. You got some wife gonna get her panties in a wad if I call with a lead?"

After exchanging numbers, she tucked her phone away and started reading the file as they pulled out of the garage.

"I'm dependable, but I don't take crap. Live in an apartment downtown. Can't cook. Can't sew. Can't do any of those cutesy homey things. But I'm top marksman. If I miss, it's cause I want to miss. Funny. I can shoot the eyes off a gnat, but I can't drive a car without scraping the side."

She stopped talking for a moment, reading. Something caught her eye. "This happened around 2am? Sounds familiar. You check to see if any of the other precincts have something similar?"

As she read, she spoke, almost as an afterthought. "Oh, and I dislike coffee."
 
Jake listened to her. Then gave her his cell and his home. "Naw Rae understands whats what. Just don't leave no dirty message on my home answering message! Ha!" He gave a laugh. "Unless it's for Rae! I find most chick cops to be in your shoes. I guess of you're spending all your time being Suzy home maker you wouldn't make a good cop!" He listened to her interest in the case. He asked her if she had heard of similar things in the burbs as he called all prescients that were not the 72.

"As for the coffee well you will still buy on your days. I'll get you what ever the shit you drink on my days!" He pulled up to a greasy spoon and hopped out. Walking up to a tall, strong, good looking black man.

"Morn'in Doyle!" The young man said pouring a tall coffee, he knew the score and immediately looked to Davis for the money. "What can I get you officer..."

"Davis! She's my knew partner." Jake told him.

"Detective Davis, I am Lonny, and this is my place! Pleased to meet you," Lonny said with a bright smile.

Jake watched how Davis dealt with Lonny, not racist in the least himself he was curious if Davis was. She had just scratched the surface of who she was in his mind and wanted to know a lot more about her.

KC
 
Last edited:
"Yeah, let me make a call to check on it.

About that time, they pulled up to some dinner. The apparent owner came over to greet Doyle as her new partner introduced her to the man. She shook his hand and reached in her purse to pull out her money.

"I'll take a bottled water." The guy grinned as he raised an eyebrow. She thanked him as she paid for the coffee and water. She figured that she would have to endure hassling from Doyle about the water but she didn't mind.

Back in the car, she popped the lid on her bottle of water and took a swig. "This would taste better if it had some scotch with it." She mumbled under her breath. As they drove away, she pulled out her phone and made a call while she looked over the file.

"Hey, Glen, Davis here. Question for you. Can you pull that home invasion file from last month? Yeah, I'll hold." She continued reading until Glen came back on. "Read me the breakdown. Okay. Yeah. Yeah. What time?" She nodded, as if to herself. "Okay. Thanks. Yeah, sounds like it. Can you fax me a copy of that to the 72? Yeah, my attention. Thanks."

She disconnected and looked at him. "Sounds the same. Same time. Beat the husband and made him watch as they raped the wife. Happened almost a month before this one. I want to check the other precincts. Maybe they are hitting a different area every time to avoid the pattern being seen."

She took another swig of water.

"So, how long you been married?" 'Damn!' She thought to herself, wondering just what he would be like in bed. It had been a while since she had been with a man. Some nights she was so horny that she almost wore out her dildo. 'Good looking and married! Damn!'
 
Once the pair were back in the car, Doyle sipped at his morning cup of coffee while Davis commented on the scotch. Then she asked about he and Rae. "We've been married for five years. Seems a lot longer at times though. She was a... Well she has a colorful past lets just say that. We met while I was working a case and I needed her to answer a lot of questions being the only witness to a crime and all, then one thing led to another, then another and soon we were dating, then married. She don't want kids nor do I so that's not an issue." He answered telling about the kids before the question was asked. "I decided to get fixed as did she, double safe and all." He added. "You have a hubby or a significant other?" He asked her. Hoping she was single, he had no problem being unfaithful but didn't think everyone thought as he did!

Then he felt this was a good a time as any to test the waters. "Drinking on duty, for shame!" He said with a grin. "I have no problem with you pulling a mickey now and then. As long as it doesn't affect your job no one needs to know!" He said turning onto the inter-state and headed to the residence on the latest victim.

"So looks like a copy cat or a serial rapist, Fucking Rice typical of him not sharing with the burbs, who knows how many people could have been saved, guarantee that when this one hits the news at five there will be a shit storm and we'll be blamed. So you got connections you can call on for a little insider trading?" He said getting pissed that the departments weren't sharing info earlier on.

He was dirty there was no denying it but Rape was a big time no no, in fact if they caught the guy he'd be lucky to see the court room.

"The misses is still in the hospital but he's home as well as the neighbor who called the cops and supposedly scared the prick off!" Doyle said and sped along. It would be a thirty minute drive to the house.

On the way he snuck peeks at Davis's toned, pant covered legs and began to think very dirty thoughts about her.

KC
 
Last edited:
You have a hubby or a significant other?

"Hubby? No. Significant Other? Please! If we're gonna be partners, let's use the correct term. A Lover. No. Last guy took off when he couldn't take that I could do some things better than him. Out there," she pointed to outside the car, " you can be all PC. But in here, we need to be truthful. I need to be able to trust you and you trust me. My last partner was good. Good cop but a bit of a stick up his ass about following the rules. But at least he was honest about it. Lover? Not at the moment."

Drinking on duty, for shame! I have no problem with you pulling a mickey now and then. As long as it doesn't affect your job no one needs to know!

"Fair enough." That was all she said in answer to that.

So looks like a copy cat, Fucking Rice typical of him not sharing with the burbs, who knows how many people could have been saved, guarantee that when this one hits the news at five there will be a shit storm and we'll be blamed. So you got connections you can call on for a little insider trading?

"Yeah. It could be that we're catching him at the beginning. Depends on what I find when I check some of the other precincts." She sat thinking as they drove to the guy's house. She should be thinking about the job, not about her new partner.
 
Doyle was liking her more and more, people didn't normally talk like that till they had a chance to feel a person out. This meant that Davis saw the world in a direct way.

"Fair enough so no lover! Sucks for you I guess!" He sped through the morning traffic and kept up the back and forth. "You can trust me to be honest and have your back. Davis we seem to think a like. It's refreshing to hear it. We don't screw each other over and all is right with the world!" He said relaxing a little more. She might make the circle after all. This was a good thing in many ways he thought. "Ya reach out, let's try and get to a suspect before he strikes again!" He said with optimism.

"Captain said your a crack shot! Has it always just been paper targets, or have you had to put a person down? Not that I don't think you can just curious!" He asked as they soon entered a very affluent area of Kentucky. The homes were large and the trees blocked many from the roads. "Fucking idiot's make it so a man could do all he wanted in a house and no one on the street would have any clue. Privacy has it's limitations." He said driving slow through the large suburb. "I think we'll get along just fine Davis." He said now looking at her tits a little closer then before. She was a tight package, Rae was still beautiful but her days of partying made her body a little too loose now. Davis was a nice distraction he thought.

KC
 
Fair enough so no lover! Sucks for you I guess! You can trust me to be honest and have your back. Davis we seem to think a like. It's refreshing to hear it. We don't screw each other over and all is right with the world! Ya reach out, let's try and get to a suspect before he strikes again!

She made note to place some calls to check out other instances of similar incidents. She liked that they so far seemed to be on the same page. Maybe for once she had a partner that she could mesh with, instead of having to act all girly. She was a woman with definite attitude.

Captain said your a crack shot! Has it always just been paper targets, or have you had to put a person down? Not that I don't think you can just curious!

"Yeah. Once. Remember last year that crazy holding the baby hostage. There wasn't time to get SWAT out there so it fell to me. Got him clean between the eyes and the officer caught the baby before it could hit the ground. I asked to have my name kept out of the news. Let them focus on the cop that caught the baby. SWAT tried to get me to join them, but I really wasn't interested."

The houses out here looked sharp. Definite money being flashed here.

"What kind of job does the husband have? Where does their money come from?"
 
"Yeah. Once. Remember last year that crazy holding the baby hostage. There wasn't time to get SWAT out there so it fell to me. Got him clean between the eyes and the officer caught the baby before it could hit the ground. I asked to have my name kept out of the news. Let them focus on the cop that caught the baby. SWAT tried to get me to join them, but I really wasn't interested." Doyle knew her pain. No real cop wants to kill, but when the time comes he was happy she had the stones to do what was needed.

Davies asked about the husband, Doyle had to think on it for a second. "If I remember he's a hot shot money manager. His name is Peter Martens. Wife is Jennifer though she will not be there. The first on the scene were to complete fuck up junior dicks. Captain Rice fucked that up big time. I should have been the first there, or at the very least Gladys and Tim if not me! But it wasn't to be, so now we are coming onto the field late and expected to make head way right off the bat."
Doyle said thinking about how pissed he was when the captain gave him the file the other day. Doyle had decided to wait till the husband was home before going to talk to him about anything.

KC
 
If I remember he's a hot shot money manager. His name is Peter Martens. Wife is Jennifer though she will not be there. The first on the scene were to complete fuck up junior dicks. Captain Rice fucked that up big time. I should have been the first there, or at the very least Gladys and Tim if not me! But it wasn't to be, so now we are coming onto the field late and expected to make head way right off the bat.

"But we have made headway right away. We've noticed a possible pattern. I'll know more when I finish contacting the other precincts. And we'll know more after we talk to the husband." She watched out the window, wondering how much further they had to go.

"You speak any other languages? I know a little ASL. American Sign Language. Not enough to be an interpreter, but I can usually get the point across if necessary." She gave him a grin before turning back to look out the window.
 
But we have made headway right away. We've noticed a possible pattern

"Glad you think so! We'll see how this pattern pans out. As for languages! Well my Spanish is shit, my French is shit. So no not really. The house is just up here."

He pulled into a house that looked just like all the others. put it into park and leaned across Davis to his glove box. There inside was a side arm and a pair of brass knuckles. "In case we need an untraceable." He put the gun in the small of his back and got out. They walked to the door and rang the bell, a man answered the door, he was beat to shit and looking like he went twenty rounds with a train. "Mr Martens. I'm Det Doyle this is my partner Det Davis, may we come in?" Jake said introducing them to the young man. Peter looked at them both, then closely at their badges.

"Ok come in!" Peter said stepping out of the way. Jake went in first, the living room was still a mess, they could see where the horror took place.

"May we look around a bit first?" He asked. Peter just nodded. He told them he would be in the kitchen when they wanted to talk. It was clear he didn't like being in that room yet.

"Davis here's how I see it, and feel free to point out any thing you see. They were awoken and then dragged to this room! Why? The bedroom could be used for the same effect, they stood much less a chance of being seeing sticking to the upper floor and lastly when you move hostages you increase the chance of losing control of them by a lot!" Jake started to say looking at all the destruction in the large room. "According to the file he was beat down then she was assaulted, by this point even if he wanted to fight back he couldn't. Then they really worked her over! Poor woman never had a chance. Though I taught Rae to go down swinging. But the instinct to fight just isn't in everyone. And thoughts Davis?" He asked looking to his partner.

KC
 
Glad you think so! We'll see how this pattern pans out. As for languages! Well my Spanish is shit, my French is shit. So no not really. The house is just up here.

She gave a chuckle. "I basically know how to say that I would love to speak to you but I do not speak French. And I can order Mexican food. That's it for French and Spanish."

She looked at the house as they pulled up. Nothing in particular made it stand out. After Doyle grabbed "a few things, they headed for the front door.

Mr. Martens looked like shit. If he looked better than his wife, it was a wonder that the woman was alive. After checking that they were who they said they were, he left them in the living room where it had all occurred and waited in the kitchen.

Davis here's how I see it, and feel free to point out any thing you see. They were awoken and then dragged to this room! Why? The bedroom could be used for the same effect, they stood much less a chance of being seeing sticking to the upper floor and lastly when you move hostages you increase the chance of losing control of them by a lot! According to the file he was beat down then she was assaulted, by this point even if he wanted to fight back he couldn't. Then they really worked her over! Poor woman never had a chance. Though I taught Rae to go down swinging. But the instinct to fight just isn't in everyone. And thoughts Davis?

"And why pick these people? Didn't steal anything? We need to check with Mr. Martens. Have they had any work done here at the house? Do they have a maid that works here? Something made them go after the Martens. You're right. Why bring them down here? So they could search the bedroom in leisure, without being watched. Wonder if anything is missing, or does he know yet? Something's really screwy here."

She took some quick pictures with her phone. She wanted to compare them to the crime scene photos. "I'd also like to take pictures of their bedroom."
 
Jake talked his thoughts through with Davis, she was smart and seemed to be asking a lot of the questions he was thinking. "You head upstairs I'll ask him about work done or employee's. Good thinking. I know we're going to have to meet with the Mrs, I think she'll cast a light he can't. His brain was mush by the end of the night. Lucky he remembers anything at all." He walked to the kitchen while Davis headed upstairs.

"Where is she going?" Peter asked.

"If we are going to help you we need all the facts. Trust me her crime scene analysis is tops. Now I need to know who's been in this house in the last month! I also need a list of employee's and possible enemy's!" Jake said. His tone was direct. He felt for Peter but also felt a real man would have protected his wife.

"Well we had new hard wood floors put in three weeks ago. And we have a once a week maid and gardener. But they've worked with us for years. I told the cops that were first here all this!" Peter told Jake. Jake smiled.

"They are all good men and women, but there is a reason you are talking to Davis and I. Everyone wants this solved and fast. This is what we do! Now what about valuables? Any missing?" Jake asked as he took care to really take in the whole house. Points of entry, anything that might look out of place. He also wondered how Davis was getting on. After Peter answered Jake headed up. He had managed to get Davis 15 minutes alone up stairs and was curious what she learned.

KC
 
Kirsten headed up the stairs, a hall full of closed doors. As she walked she imagined the dark. Master bedroom was usually the end of the hall and as she passed each door, she ran her fingers along the smooth doorframe at each door. At the third doorframe, she snatched her fingertips back at the roughness of it.

Stopping, she opened the door and switched on the light. It was just a bedroom. Stepping in, she took several pictures. A guest bedroom?

She turned off the light and headed to the end of the hall. All the other door frames were smooth. Opening the master bedroom door, the room was a shambles. Bedding pulled back, drawers open. General disarray but nothing like what happened in the living room. She could see where there were smears of the black fingerprint powder. But only in this room and the living room. She was snapping pictures when Doyle found her.

"Something stinks here. It's 2am. Dark. You don't turn on a light. Going by feel. Master bedroom is usually at the end of the hall. But you don't need any clues to find that. You find them and take them downstairs. Like you said, Why? This is for show. Cause it's expected? Feel the doorframe. Smooth. Nice wood. They're all nice. Smoothly polished. Except this one."

She walked back down the hall and showed him the notches cut in the wood, hidden from view but not from feel. "It's rough enough that I got a splinter but not enough to draw blood. So no one would know." She opened the door. "No powder, so they didn't check for prints here. But something is wrong in here. Can't put my finger on it. Could they have taken them downstairs so the Martens would not know that they were in here?"

She stood there looking at the room and shaking her head. "What did you find out?"
 
Jake listened to his new partner, besides wanting her sexually, she was proving to be very smart. She told him what she found out, it was good work, another thing the beat cops missed. Davis asked what he knew when she finished her news.

"Well they did have work done. Though it wasn't in the file. So cpl Greg Havland either forgot to write it down, didn't write it down on purpose or Mr Martens didn't tell him. They also have two regular employees who've been around for ages. So I agree with him that they are not high on the suspect list. I got the name of the flooring installers, Classic Flooring on Shepard ave. Well go see them today." Jake said looking as the mess.

"Nothing is really adding up here. I'm not liking his. I am also smelling a rat. Once we talk to the wife we will know a lot more I hope. Maybe flush out a few more possibles and draw up some strong candidates. Good work Davis. Body and brains. If you can hold your liqueur then you are a true keeper." Jake said with a laugh. He dialed for the CSI team to get back there and print the room Davis discovered.

"Let's get a bite and go see Jennifer. See if this whole picture can clear up a little!"

KC
 
She was starting to like her new partner. He was nice to look at, and he seemed to respect her intelligence and her ideas. It was actually a relief to have someone ask her questions and listen to her answers. Body and brains, huh? The guy was married but that didn't always mean anything.

She thought back to the case. He seemed to agree with her. Something was rotten and they were not even in Denmark. The meeting with the wife would be interesting, though the woman might not be comfortable talking about what happened to a male cop. She would watch for that.

She made note of the floor company. And on the way to eat, she would call the 18th precinct to see if they had anything. A woman that she had gone through the academy with was there.

Once they climbed into the car, she pulled out her phone and pulled up the number.

"Barb, Kirsty here. Need some info. You have anything in the last 6 months on a house invasion/rape? Break-in around 2am. Beat the husband and rape the wife. No? Okay. Could you do me a favor? Yeah, check back as far as a year. If you find anything, would you fax me the info? Yeah, I'm at the 72 now." She laughed into the phone. "Yeah, well that will just be our secret. Later."

She hung up and told him. "Nothing at the 18. At least not for the last six months with those parameters."
 
As they drove Davis did a little digging with an academy friend, then she mentioned that too looked to be a dead end.

He drove out of the posh suburb onto the interstate then off again towards the hospital. He pulled up to a burger stand a few blocks out. There was a fat, greasy looking man with way to much hair to be working with food. "Johnny you fucking grease ball!" Jake said getting out of the car.

"I didn't do nothin man! Com'on Doyle just leave me in peace man!" The man named Johnny said to him.

"You carrying? You fuck, you holding again?" Jake walked up and pushed the man back, away from the grill. "Don't move!" He told the man. "Davis don't know if you know Johnny here. Well if not Johnny sells weed to the local high school, which in it's self is no biggie but he let's the girls pay with pussy! That is a biggie. Well he also knows all he fucking perverts, and preditors in this state. Ya Johnny here is good ol'pals with those scum bags, seems they like his weed as much as the kids do." Jake told Davis. "Well you are in luck Johnny I am going to let you off no strings attached if you tell Davis and I everything you know about home invasions ending in rape! If I don't like your answers you are going away!" Jake then out of his pocket pulled a bag of weed and put it in Johnny's cash box.

"Come on, seriously, lady you didn't fucking just see that shit?" Johnny said to Davis.

"Get talking Johnny, we want answers and we want them now!" Jake said holding the cash box. "You know I don't really care that you deal, but I won't tolerate rape, you know this! Now talk!" Jake said a little louder.

Johnny looked at Davis for help first then sat down in his chair. The whole thing seemed to disapear into his fat ass. "I heard that a few guy were looking to score some drugs, money was an issue so they started a little B&E, well word is that if any woke these dudes would really fuck them up! That's all I fucking know!"

"Names?" Jake said giving the cash box a shake.

Johnny looked just pissed off. "I swear I don't fucking know anything! that is all the news on the matter."

"Should we let me off Davis?" Jake asked. curious where she would stand on this. It was another small test to see if she was a whistle blower of a team player.

KC
 
Doyle stopped at a greasy spoon out on the interstate. She was hoping that this was not where they were going to eat. The food smelled, the man looked like something that had been dipped in grease and rolled in the muck. And the way he spoke to the man, it didn't sound like best of friends. Once Doyle started, she could see just what the score was so she hung back and watched him work. This Johnny was a real scumbag.

Well you are in luck Johnny I am going to let you off no strings attached if you tell Davis and I everything you know about home invasions ending in rape! If I don't like your answers you are going away!

She saw Doyle slip some weed out of his pocket and dropped it in the register.

Come on, seriously, lady you didn't fucking just see that shit?

She raised an eyebrow. "What? Sorry. I was making notes."

Get talking Johnny, we want answers and we want them now! You know I don't really care that you deal, but I won't tolerate rape, you know this! Now talk!

The man glanced at her. "I abhor rape and rapist," she informed him. The man seemed to give up and sat down, spilling what he knew. She quickly made note of what he said. This was turning into something much bigger than originally thought.

Should we let me off Davis?

"Oh, I think that you know old Johnny better that I. You know better than I when Johnny is telling the truth..." she took a step forward and gave the man a hard look. "...And when he's holding back that one little thing that would make the difference. Because, if he was holding back something..."

She turned and walked away. "...and Doyle thought that he wasn't being totally honest..." She shrugged, leaving the implications open to the greasy man as she headed back to her distance viewpoint. This was her partner's stop. She would back Doyle no matter what.
 
Johnny looked terrified now. Doyle he had run ins before with. They almost always ended badly for him. But his partner at the time protected Johnny a little bit. Now Davis was his partner and it wasn't looking like she was going to be as kind as Phil was. "Uh Oh Johnny! Looks like your luck ran out. You met the one and only cop that hates sex offenders more then me!" Jake said.

"I mean it. I only know what I said!" Johnny said almost crying now.

"Fuck you! You know more, Greasy fucking pervert like you! You have to know more. Or you better make some shit up and give us some lowlife who's guilty of something!" Jake said to him. "You see Davis on the grand scope of things Johnny here is really only a dealer. He used to be a trusted CI..." Jake started before being cut off.

"CI's get paid man. You've never given me shit!" Johnny said finding his nerve.

"I let you operate your little green house! You fuck! That's as good as getting paid!" Jake spat back. "Like I was saying. He was trusted, then he got into trouble with a few of the scum who found out he was playing both sides and started clamming up on me! So now I need to work a lot harder to get this tub of shit to talk to me!" Jake finished. "Tell you what, because we have people to see I'll let you off, but lunch is on you today!"

"Fine what can I make you two!" Johnny said getting up. Jake looked at Davis then back to Johnny.

"Do you think I would let my beautiful new partner eat here. She'll be in the shitter for a fucking week. Never mind at the tetanus shots she would need. No What I mean is you are buying us lunch." And with that Jake took a hundred bucks from the till, leaving the bag of weed. "Come on Davis, Johnny was generous today, we can actually eat somewhere nice. I find out you withheld Johnny, and I'll get you in with the worst rapists in the pen. They'll just love your fat ass!" He threatened and started back to the car. Handing Davis fifty of the dollars. The last of the tests.

Phil had been good with never talking but would also never touch anything. Soon that became an issue, he was liking Davis more and more, so he had high hopes for her.

KC
 
Last edited:
She stepped back and left Johnny to the whims of her partner. He knew the man, and knew how to handle him. The man had already made it clear that he didn't want her butting in with his CIs and she hoped that her small response would not piss him off. At least not on the first day.

Johnny sure acted guilty of lying to her. The smell of sweat stank up the small place and she was beginning to wonder if she was going to have to start breathing through her mouth to avoid throwing up the burnt toast from breakfast.

Tell you what, because we have people to see I'll let you off, but lunch is on you today!

She almost burst out laughing when old Johnny thought they would eat at this ptomaine palace. She watched as Doyle told the dirty man what the score was. Her face's expression stayed neutral but she noted that the bag of weed stayed in the register as Doyle grabbed what looked like $100 from Johnny.

Come on Davis, Johnny was generous today, we can actually eat somewhere nice. I find out you withheld Johnny, and I'll get you in with the worst rapists in the pen. They'll just love your fat ass!

They stepped outside and she was finally able to take a deep breath. As they headed towards the car, Doyle reached out and handed her something. As she walked, she glanced down, counting $50 in her hand. There was just a second of hesitation on her part. She had never taken money or a bribe. Sure, she had roughed up a CI before, and threats were a daily part of the job.

Hefting the money in her hand, she made a quick decision. A quick glance was all she gave him as her hand slipped the bills in her purse.

"Ah, so we're going Dutch, huh?" She had just taken the first step down that slippery slope. She climbed in and buckled up.

Interesting day so far.
 
"Ah, so we're going Dutch, huh?"

Jake smiled. "For the first bit!" He smiled at her. She was a keeper, she showed that she had brains and knew how to play in same pool he was in. When she took the bribe it told him that she wasn't a whistle blower and for now that was good enough for him. "That was Johnny, you know all there is to know really. I mostly use him when I have a case concerning drugs, he's small time but knows the players. He likes banging the grads. They play with him for weed and oxy when he has it but all in all he's small time. Feel free to shake that tree any time you need answers." Jake said peeling away to a nicer establishment.

This was turning out to be a great day thus far. The only way it would be better is if it also turned out that Davis liked to fuck around. But he wasn't going to push that button for a bit. He pulled into the parking lot of an Outback steak house. "This should work a little better! You good with this place. The hospital is close so we can eat, talk to the wife then head to the Flooring place see what we can dig up." Jake said putting the pistol back in the glove compartment. "Won't be needing this now!"

KC
 
Back
Top