Best sentence you've ever heard?

"Your smile is the sun, ma che're. And fallen men, we need the sun."
the brothers bloom
 
The Imitation Game

"Sometimes it is the people no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine"
 
I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me. Anonymous
 
"The disappointment faded. It was time to move on."

- Relentless, by Simon Kernick

For some reason, I thought that was a beautiful line, especially in context to the story.

If you like crime thrillers, I highly recommend that author, and that book.
 
"Why is there always someone who brings eggs and tomatos to a speech?"
-Batman Returns
 
May have been quoted already but it's one of my favourites

Ron Swanson from parks and rec- "Never half ass two things, whole ass one thing"
 
Entourage TV show

"You so much as eye fuck another agent in this building and I'll deport you naked to the Taliban"
~ Ari Gold
 
The Truman Show

"Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night!"

~ Jim Carrey
 
You have been found innocent by a jury of your peers, you are free to go.

Said to me by a judge in the State of California a long time ago.
 
"To sleep, aye, thar's the rub. To sleep, perchance to dream."

From "Moby Dick", which I read 44 years ago. Okay, so it's two sentences. Shoot me.
 
"They all laughed when I said I'd be a comedian; well, they're not laughing now!"

-- Some stand-up comic whose name I do not remember.

 
Back
Top