Book Publisher?

SelentiaBoss

Virgin
Joined
Mar 4, 2018
Posts
3
Hello all,
I'm starting to gather a bit of momentum flipping between several different stories and other chapters for a bigger project I have been working on for far too long. One story in particular just seems to be rolling off my tongue and I would like it to be published. The content is primarily based around B&D human to animal transference (human dog, human horse) Does anyone know of a publisher here in Australia, (possibly Queensland) I could get in direct contact with?
Thanks in advance.
 
Silly question: have you tried googling?

In UK there is Nexus publishing that does a lot adult fantasy, not so sure about the transformation stuff.

Have you looked at the market on Amazon Kindle? You can self-publish there, off top of my head I cannot remember the revenue streams of Kindle, you get a better deal initially than with the 'traditional' route in terms of immediate revenue. Problem lies in that you have to do a LOT of marketing yourself; everything from the cover (get it right, it's going to sell the book), to getting the price right (too cheap and gets passed over, too expensive and won't get touched) ... add in that you'll have to get reviewers to give positive reviews of the book, again, those sell the book.

Either way, have more than one arrow in your arrow-holder-thingy. If you have more stories/novels ready to go, you can appear to be more prolific and publish more than one then leaving it a while before getting the next one out.

Goes without saying: make sure your stuff is good. Redraft. Edit. Get feedback. It can be daunting to ask for feedback, having someone critique your work, but it's a learning process ... do it often enough, gets easier and you get a better idea of what works in your own writing.

I'm waffling.
 
Thank you. I didn't think it was a silly question, but out here in the sticks there isn't much around and the tyranny of distance is a problem for me to get to people. I understand what your saying about all the drama that would need to go with it, that isn't really the issue for me. It's more finding someone local enough who I can deal with personally. Thanks again (you weren't waffling).
 
Back
Top