The Bride Absconded (closed for cumnchat)

I too would need to keep my passions in check if you were to kiss me, you are too handsome a man to resist for long,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Isn't he Clarissa?

Quite against her will, Clarissa colored as she looked away so she missed the raised eyebrow as Ada watched her.

That was an interesting story, I now want to hear your version of events, Clarissa, then I will decide on the best way forward.

Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath and opened her eyes to find Ada watching her intently and DeCoverly sitting across the table from her, with an obvious smirk on his face.

“As of 4 days ago, I had never heard of this man, or the fact that Father, in an apparently drunken stupor, bid and lost my hand in marriage to this...this man. Not that Father had any right to do so. Nevertheless, he showed up at Fernwood and demanded that I make good on this...this obvious ridiculous agreement between him and Father.

“Well, I refused. I did not ask for him. I want my freedom, but he refused.” She paused before continuing. “Besides, he does not want me. He wants Fernwood and its property, which is the rest of what Father gambled and lost to Sir DeCoverly. It’s is obvious as he had me give him a tour of what would soon be his property, the house and it’s grounds. At least he told me that Thunder would remain mine.” She spit her words out at him. “Oh, he pretends that he has an interest in me, makes plenty of innuendoes as to other possible interests...” She paused and colored.

“Really?” Perking up and with twinkling eyes, Ada smiled and glanced over at Roger. “Roger, you rogue. You have not let any grass grow under your feet, have you?” Ada looked back to Clarissa.

“And you have no such similar interest in him? Is he not handsome? And is he not a romantic figure? And his kisses?” She noted how Clarissa turned crimson at the mention of Roger’s kisses. “Ah, so he has kissed you. I see you blush at such words. That is not like you. You usually care not what others think of you. So you must blush at what his kisses do to you.”

“It is him!” She pointed across the table at Roger. “I had no desire to marry. He talks of sex. He makes advances to me. But I don’t recall any words about love!”

Ada nodded her understanding and pet Clarissa’s hand. “I think that I understand. Roger, no woman wants to be taken for granted. There is a difference between wooing her and coercing her. And while she may enjoy your kisses, no young lady likes to have someone try to force her to do something that she is not ready to do. Or that you have a right to expect.” Lady Lovelace smiled at Roger.

“By the same token, you are scared of something not all that frightening. It is new, a different outcome to your life than you had perhaps planned. Clarissa, I would never have thought of you as afraid. You usually do not let such things scare you.” Ada looked at Roger. “She and Thunder won the race?”

The woman nodded. “Knowing Clarissa, and knowing Thunder, I would not have expected different. Clarissa, Roger, I think that the two of you should spend some time here getting to know one another. Starting tonight at supper. But Roger, behave yourself! Clarissa, you will act the lady! And I mean it, for both of you. Remember, I have children.”
 
DeCoverly smiled in satisfaction, Ada had not dismissed him as a rogue only after the estate and house, he wanted Clarissa and Lady Lovelace's suggestion that he and Clarissa spend time together and get to know each other suited him admirably. He noted how Clarissa had coloured at the mention of his kisses, so they had not fallen on stony ground, after all, Clarissa had felt something even though she denied it to him and herself, he decided he would kiss her again when the opportunity arose. He addressed Clarissa with a triumphant smile on his face

"Clarissa my dear you do me a disservice saying that I am only interested in the estate, you forget to mention that I would have the house and estate whether we marry or not, methinks that you forget that the agreement is that we marry in, what is it? Ten days from now."

He turned back to Lady Lovelace,

"If my only interest were the estate which would be mine anyway, would I pursue Clarissa halfway across the country if I had no interest in her? She is a handsome woman and as I have already said to her, erroneously perhaps, she is no great beauty but she has many fine qualities that I would wish in a wife."

He paused for a moment wondering if he had said too much but then he continued,

"If, or should I say when, we marry then I will take over the estate and run it profitably. Should you or Clarissa decide that we should not marry then I will forgo the estate and things will stay as they are and I will not bother her or her father ever again. There, that is all my cards on the table I will be ever hopeful that you can come to harbour feelings for me, Clarissa."

With the stories told and the discussion over they finished their lunch with Sir Roger and Clarissa exchanging glances. After lunch, Sir Roger offered his arm to Clarissa instead of taking her's as a matter of course and politely asked,

"Lady Lovelace has suggested that we spend some time together, shall we take a turn round the gardens? I promise not to kiss you unless of course, you ask me to."
 
She looked at him surprised when he announced that should either she or Ada feel that they should not marry, he would relinquish all rights to Fernwood. This was something that she had not expected in the least. For the moment, she sat there thinking unaware of the looks that Lady Lovelace was giving her nor DeCoverly’s piercing gaze at her. Maybe he spoke the truth, he did desire her. After all, he could not back out from his proclamation for it had been spoken and witnessed by Lady Lovelace herself and would very well stand up in any court in the land.

Harbor feelings for him? Would that be possible? Could it be that she already held feelings for him but, as Ada had pointed out to her, she had been afraid to admit as true. Impossible, for she had tried to not be afraid of life. Yet, had she allowed fear of DeCoverly to rule her? He was right. If he had just wanted her property, he could have easily taken it without chasing her these past few days.

The remainder of the meal was civil, although somewhat awkward, with her and Sir Roger exchanging glances across the table. DeCoverly and Ada conversed with occasional questions sent her way. She answered them, though none were very personal save for Lady Lovelace’s questions concerning the horse race. He actually gave a very spirited description of the race and it was interesting seeing it through someone else’s eyes.

She could tell that Ada was tiring and soon the lunch was over. She and DeCoverly were sent away, with Ada’s admonishment that Roger was to behave himself, though Ada grinned at that, and Clarissa was to remember that she was expected to dress and behave like a lady at the evening meal.

Lady Lovelace has suggested that we spend some time together, shall we take a turn round the gardens? I promise not to kiss you unless of course, you ask me to.

To her surprise, he actually extended his arm to her rather than grabbing her about the waist and dragging her off. Though still in her riding clothes, she took the proffered arm and let him lead her outside towards the gardens.

As they walked, she could not resist questioning him. “Were you serious about your offer? Would you really give up Fernwood if asked?”
 
To begin with, the atmosphere between the two of them was somewhat strained, neither of them quite sure what to say to the other. To Sir Roger, it was especially difficult as he harboured feelings for Clarissa that he had, never felt with any woman before, all he wanted to do was take her in his arms and kiss her hard and passionately but he forced himself to remain calm and be a gentleman, keeping the conversation to general things that he wanted to know such as her favourite colour, her favourite food and her favourite flower. Arm in arm they wandered among the flower gardens smelling the scent of the flowers but among these scents, he could detect the womanly scent of Clarissa.

Finally, they stopped and she asked him the question that he guessed she really wanted an honest answer to.

'Were you serious about your offer? Would you really give up Fernwood if asked?'

With considered seriousness, he cupped her face in his large strong hands and gazed into her enquiring eyes,

"Clarissa, I would give up everything I own to have you as my wife, my feelings for you are beyond my comprehension. I understand that you do not know me as well as you would like and have reservations about me but I will make you a good husband and treat you well and as an equal, I know that you would not accept anything less."

With that, he gently pressed his lips to her's, unable to contain himself any longer. The kiss was brief, a mere brush of the lips but to him it was sweet and he wanted so much more. He then made a romantic gesture that was really against his nature. He reached behind her head and took a large red rose from the bush behind her and tucked it in her hair just behind her ear.

"There my dear, a rose for a rose."

He gave a cry of pain as a bee settled on his neck and injected its venom into him, almost immediately his neck began to swell and he was turning purple gasping for breath, he clapped his hand to his neck and gasped,

"Get me back to the house Clarissa, if the venom is not removed I may die."
 
Last edited:
As they walked through the garden, he asked her general questions, such as her favorite color (green), her favorite food (Apple Charlottes), her favorite flower (dahlias).

Once they had stopped, she asked him the question that had been burning deep inside since lunch. His answer was a complete surprise to her. He cradled her face in his two large hands and with a seriousness that truly surprised her, said, Clarissa, I would give up everything I own to have you as my wife, my feelings for you are beyond my comprehension. I understand that you do not know me as well as you would like and have reservations about me but I will make you a good husband and treat you well and as an equal, I know that you would not accept anything less.

The kiss that he gave her was unlike those before. It was gentle and questioning, as if asking instead of demanding. Paired with his words, this action made her strangely touched.

They stood in the rose garden, with roses of every color surrounding them. The smell was intoxicating and he reached behind her and plucked one if the largest red roses that she had ever seen. His touch was gentle as he tucked the bloom behind her ear.

There my dear, a rose for a rose.

When he cried out, she thought that he had been pricked by a thorn from the rose. But instead, he put his hand to his neck and began having troubles breathing.

Get me back to the house Clarissa, if the venom is not removed I may die.

She knew that the stinger needed to be removed immediately to keep it from pumping more venom into him.

“Sit down here. Quick!”

She made him sit on the ground so that she could check the back of his neck. Sure enough, there was the bee’s stinger busily pumping its poison into him. With her fingers, she carefully removed the stinger, but she could tell that he was having a hard time breathing.

“Roger, I am going to try to get some of the poison out. This may hurt. If so, I am sorry.”

She didn’t know if this would help. She knew that you did it with snake bites, but bee stings? She could see the hole where the stinger had gone in his neck, so she put her mouth over the spot and began to suck hard. Her mouth soon filled up with a mixture of blood and fluid, which she spit out before continuing. Over and over she worked until the skin around the sting was red.

About then, one of the young gardeners came by, looking at her surprised to find her sucking the back of a young man’s neck.

“He has been stung be a bee and is deathly allergic. Help me get him to the manor.”

Between the two of them they got Roger to his feet and helped him to the house, one on each side. As they neared the manor, Carlton saw them and came running out to help. As the helped him into the house, she explained what had happened and that he needed a physician. As they headed upstairs with the poor man between Carlton and the gardener, Ada came out of a sitting room.

“Don’t tell me that he overstepped your boundaries and you retaliated!”

“No, we were in the garden and a bee stung him. He said that he is allergic and..., oh Ada, he needs a doctor.” Her voice was worried and she looked as if she would burst into tears.

The woman put a hand on Clarissa’s shoulder to comfort her.

“Now, do not worry.” She glanced out the window. “See, there is the boy off to bring Doctor Pritchett. Soon your Roger will be right as rain.”
 
Last edited:
The bee sting hurt like the devil and Sir Roger could hardly breathe, he gasped out,

'Get me back to the house Clarissa, if the venom is not removed I may die.'

He felt Clarissa help him to sit and everything began to fade, then Clarissa plucked the stinger from his neck and he felt her soft lips on his neck, sucking out the venom, he couldn't help thinking,

'If I am to die here I will be happy, in the arms of my love.'

As if from a long way away he heard Clarissa say to someone that he had been stung and needed a doctor, he tried to protest but was hauled to his feet and between Clarissa and a thankfully strong young man he was helped back to the Manor and soon he was laid upon the bed with Clarissa hovering anxiously over him. His vision was blurred and his neck pained him although it had eased slightly. Soon after the doctor came and applied some ointment to where the bee had stung him and gave him some medicine which the doctor assured him would neutralise the venom in his blood.

"You were very lucky Sir," The doctor said as he packed his medicine bag, "If you had been alone or Lady Fernwood had not known what to do the consequences could have been much, much worse."

Roger laid back and thought about his words, it would appear that he owed his life to Clarissa and her quick thinking. He did think but not giving it serious consideration that Clarissa could have just let him choke to death and all her troubles would have been over.

He rang the bell on the bedside table and when a manservant appeared he asked him to find Clarissa and ask her to come and see him. It was more than half an hour before she came and he was beginning to wonder if she was regretting saving him.

"Clarissa my dear, I cannot thank you enough but may I ask why? Your life would be so much simpler had I expired a happy man in your arms."
 
Until the doctor arrived, Clarissa sat beside Roger’s bed, worrying over him. One of the maids brought up cool water in a bowl and with a cloth, which Clarissa would dip in the water and wring it out before wiping his brow. She did not notice Ada standing in the doorway watching the young lady minister over the man that she supposedly despised.

Very interesting indeed, the woman mused.

Soon the doctor arrived and shooed Clarissa away. With her arm about the young lady’s shoulders, she escorted her down into the sitting room. It was obvious that she was worried about Sir Roger, despite the protests that she had voiced earlier.

“Now, tell me exactly what happened.” And with that, Clarissa told Ada about him kissing her and plucking the rose and putting it in her hair before the bee sting.

“Did you know that he was allergic to bee stings?”

“No,” Ada answered. “Did you?”

“Of course not. I really don’t know that much about him.”

“Then he is lucky that you knew just what to do.”

Ada noticed that Clarissa was very worried about Sir Roger, more so than someone who could not stand the man.

After a bit, Doctor Pritchett came down and was led to where Lady Lovelace and Lady Fernwood were waiting.

“Your young man shall be right as rain in a day or two. He just needs some rest. He was very lucky that you knew just what to do, Lady Fernwood, otherwise he would be very dead.”

Ada spoke for a moment with the Doctor, leaving Clarissa alone with her thoughts. It scared her that suddenly, this man, this stranger, her fiancé, had suddenly become an important part of her life. How did that happen?

Without realizing it, she got up and suddenly found herself heading for the stables. She wandered through until she found Thunder in a stall, happily nuzzling noses with the horse in the next stall. Upon closer inspection, she found it to be Sir Roger’s own horse.

“Surely not even you have become a traitor to me - making friends with the enemy.” Thunder just swished his tail and nudged her for a cube of sugar. As he ate it from her hand, one of the servants found her and told her that Sir DeCoverly wished to see her.

Giving Thunder a quick pat on his nose, she hurriedly followed the man up the stairs to Sir Roger’s room. She had to admit that he certainly looked much better than when last she had seen him.

Hesitating for a moment, she crossed to the bed to look down at him.

Clarissa my dear, I cannot thank you enough but may I ask why? Your life would be so much simpler had I expired a happy man in your arms.

She looked at him, a pained expression on her face. “You must never speak like that. I am not one to wish death to anyone. As to if perhaps...there might be another reason as to why...I cannot answer that. Not because I don’t want to, but because I can’t. I know not the answer.”

She turned and crossed away from him. With her back to him, her words were muffled and he could not understand them until she turned back to face him.

“I think that right now, you need to concentrate on getting better, on your recovery. The Doctor said that you need your rest. We can talk again tomorrow.”

She abruptly turned and left his room, leaning back against the closed door. For a moment, she feared that she would pass out or burst into tears but once she had pulled herself together, she left on shaky legs and headed for her room. She failed to see Lady Ada watching her from halfway up the staircase.

Once Clarissa was out of sight, Ada climbed the rest of the stairs and crossed to Roger’s door. Giving a quick knock, she entered when she heard him answer her knock.

Once inside, she closed the door and crossed to Roger.

“Ah, so glad to see you looking better. Though I must admit, you gave us all a scare, in particular Clarissa. The poor thing was beside herself with worry over you.”

With a twinkle in her eye, she sat on the edge of the bed. “Just between you and me, I think that she cares more for you than she wants to admit. And I can see that you are crazy for her. You and I know that she loves you. Now, if we can just get her to see it.” She pat his hand. “You rest up for you have your work cut out for you.”

Giving him a wink, she left him alone to think that out.
 
Laying all alone Sir Roger had time to reflect on what Lady Lovelace had said to him,

' Just between you and me, I think that she cares more for you than she wants to admit. And I can see that you are crazy for her. You and I know that she loves you. Now, if we can just get her to see it, You rest up for you have your work cut out for you'

He knew it was true, he loved Clarissa with all his heart and not just because she had saved his life, There was just something about her that drew him to her like a moth to a flame, yet he hardly knew her but he did know that she was hard-headed and stubborn and if he were to marry her sparks would fly. She was not like other women that he knew, weak simpering women who obeyed their husbands without protest.

The only other woman who could compare was Lady Lovelace, a woman of great intellect and she was usually right in everything she said, which brought him to thinking. If Clarissa did really love him how could he convince her of it?
There was a saying that absence makes the heart grow fonder so what if he were to leave her alone and hopefully pine for him or even come to him of her own free will?

There was the other contradictory saying though, ' Out of sight, out of mind.' She could forget all about him not realising that she had lost the one person who would love her and make her truly happy.

It was a dilemma that he could not resolve without talking to Clarissa, but not now, his mind was in turmoil and he was exhausted so he tried to sleep but could only dream of Clarissa and sharing his bed with her, holding her in his arms and the two of them making love. He would possibly know which path to take in the morning.
 
Last edited:
That night, as had been ordered by Lady Ada, Clarissa arrived at the dining room dressed as a lady, and and she acted the lady. Well, for the most part, though it seemed that the young woman’s hair refused to cooperate and despite Clarissa’s manner and dress being that of a lady, her hair still was wild and untamed.

“Oh, Clarissa, I find that dress very appropriate and attractive on you. Much better than when I wore it. But what about your hair?”

“Your own girl tried before giving up. So it is not my fault.” Clarissa looked at her with a wry smile.

“I suppose that we all have our limitations.” As the soup was ladled in their bowls, Ada asked, “tell me, have you had a chance to speak with Sir Roger lately?”

“Yes, he does look much better than he did.”

“Clarissa, you saved his life...”

“Ada, don’t start that. I could not let someone die. You know that.”

“I know, my dear, but I saw your face before the Doctor got here. Whether you admit it to yourself or not, you care about him. And more than just one human caring for another human. It is obvious than the man loves you, is totally in love with you.”

Clarissa was quiet, thinking as she ate. After a while, Ada spoke again. “The way that you met may not have been perfect, but then you never were one to follow tradition. Some people search all their lives, looking for the right person only to discover that they had them all along. Don’t be so busy looking for the right man that you let him slip by.”

The rest of the meal, as well as the evening, was fairly quiet. Ada could see that the young lady had a lot on her mind.
 
When Sir Roger woke the next morning his first thought was of Clarissa and what he could say to her to persuade her that her future lay with him and their marriage, the arranged date of their wedding was drawing closer but he didn't want a reluctant bride, he wanted a woman who loved him as much as he loved Clarissa. Lady Lovelace had said that Clarissa did love him but wouldn't admit it to herself and was resisting all attempts to convince her otherwise. He decided he wouldn't give her the easy option and leave her to work it out for herself.

Soon after breakfast Lady Lovelace called in to see him and asked,

"Do you have a plan, Roger? Something that will make that stubborn young woman change her mind about you?"

He sighed sadly and shook his head, "I do not know what to say to her, I have shown her that I love her, have given up ownership of Fernwood manor if she does not marry me, pursued her across the country, what more can I do."

"So far it is all that you have done and that is to be commended but what has she given you in return, I'll tell you, NOTHING, nothing at all except to show anger towards you for no good reason, in fact, I think she protests a little too much, she is accustomed to having her own way. Perhaps if you were to be firm with her but let her know that she would be allowed her head once in a while."

Roger mulled it over in his head and eventually bowed to Ada's suggestion, the only thing now was how to be firm with Clarissa without seeming overbearing.

"Very well, Ada, I will assert myself with her and ask, no, I will demand that she marry me on a trial basis for one year, if after that time we have not resolved our differences I will release her from the marriage, this will all depend on her becoming my bride two days from now. We can send for her father so he can give her away. You will allow us to be married in your private chapel, won't you?"

"My, Roger, those were my thoughts exactly, I will send Clarissa to you so you can tell her how things have changed."

She gathered her skirts and swept out of the room a broad smile on her face.
 
All night Clarissa tossed and turned as sleep alluded her. Instead, the words spoken by Ada and by Roger himself echoed over and over in her brain.

What he said made sense. If he did not love her, would he not offer to give up what he had won fairly and squarely in the card game? That is all except her hand in marriage. That did prove that it was her that he wanted.

And what about Ada? The woman swore that it was obvious that Clarissa was in love with Sir Roger. Was she? Was she in love with this man that had chased her all over the English countryside, a man that had kissed her...

Her heart began to flutter at the memory of his kiss. She had to admit that this was the first man whose kisses did not remind her of some hound slobbering all over her. His kisses seemed to do something that no other man’s kisses had managed to do. They made her pulse quicken and her head spin. Was this love? Or did she even know exactly what love was?

She decided that she needed to think things through and quickly dressed in her riding clothes. Pulling her hair in a simple bun, she headed off for the stables and quickly hopped on Thunder’s back, not even bothering to saddle him. The stallion was eager, as was she and soon the two were riding hard across the countryside. The wind whipped loose her hair and she leaned down and whispered in his ear the words that set his legs flying.

*****

Lady Ada had gone looking for Clarissa without finding her. On an off chance, she headed to the stables and found Thunder gone.

“She would not even wait for me to saddle her horse. She just jumped on and rode off. I’ve never seen a lady do that.” The groom told Lady Lovelace.

Deep in thought, Ada smiled. “When Lady Fernwood returns, would you tell her that Sir DeCoverly has been asking for her.” With that, she left the stable and headed back.

She could see Clarissa was torn. That woman was so hardheaded and wild. For far too long, that weak father of hers had allowed her to do whatever she wished. Roger just might have the strength and love to to handle her.

Back outside his bedroom, Ada knocked and entered when he called out. She crossed to his window and scanned the horizon until she found what she was looking for.

“Too bad that you are bedridden or you could see just what you are doing to your fiancé.” Smiling, she watched Clarissa tearing across the countryside, rider and horse one as she headed back towards the stable.

“I hope that you are strong enough to have such a wild thing for a wife.”

*****

The wind whipped her hair around, and by the time that she reached the stables, her cheeks were full of color, her blonde hair like a wild Valkyrie attending to Odin. For a second, the groom stood there just staring at her before he remembered the message that he was to give her.

“Lady Fernwood, Lady Lovelace said that Sir DeCoverly has been asking for you.”

Leaning so that her body lay along Thunder’s back, she whispered in his ear and watched the horse’s ears twitch. Thunder understood her better than she knew herself. She dismounted and pet Thunder’s nose to reassure him. He nuzzled her as if to let her know that it was okay.

“Thank you,” she told the groom and headed indoors to meet her fate.
 
When Lady Lovelace came to see him the next morning he reiterated what he had decided, and Ada crossed to the window seemingly looking for something or someone,

"What is it, Ada? Is it something I should know?"

With a smile Lady Lovelace replied

'Too bad that you are bedridden or you could see just what you are doing to your fiancé. I hope that you are strong enough to have such a wild thing for a wife.'

"I am sure that once we are married I can please her in every way a husband can please his wife and she will wonder why she resisted me as she did."

Lady Lovelace made no comment but merely nodded with a self-satisfied smile on her face and left him alone with his thoughts once more.

A little while later Clarissa came to him and to him she looked as beautiful as ever even though her hair hung messily over her shoulders it also framed her face like a golden halo. Her face was pink and her freckles were enchantingly prominent on her nose and brow. Her riding habit was cut to accentuate her figure as was the fashion of the day and her waist was slim with wide hips.

"Good Morning Clarissa, did you sleep well?" He began somewhat tentatively, he didn't want to go blundering in with his proposal and alienate her further.

"Ada informs me that you have been riding Thunder this morning, he is a wonderful animal and it is clear that you are very much attached to each other." his eyes swept over her from head to toe trying not to show his thoughts as to how he wanted to see her naked each morning.

"Have you breakfasted yet? I haven't, so let us have breakfast here together and we can discuss our immediate future in a calm and civilised manner."

He gave her his most engaging smile, flashing his white teeth in his tanned face and patted the bed in an invitation to sit beside him.

He rang the bell and asked the manservant to bring them tea and toast, butter and jam for two.

While they waited for breakfast to be brought to them Sir Roger asked Clarissa to apply some more ointment to his neck and fetch him the medicine the doctor had given him. As he bent his head forward for Clarissa to apply the ointment he could smell her flowery fragrance and his hands rested on her shapely but muscular thighs. He could feel the warmth of her even through the thick material of the skirt of her riding habit. He could feel the strength in her legs that had developed through riding but he was certain in his mind that the strong muscles did not detract from the beauty of her legs. Without realising it his grip tightened and he was all but massaging her thighs.

Her touch was smooth and gentle as she massaged the ointment into his neck and he moaned softly in pleasure and when she had finished he rolled his neck and head from side to side.

"Wonderful, Clarissa, I now know there will be no need to employ a nurse when we are
married, you administer to my needs so well."

He took both of her hands in his and looked soulfully into her eyes,

"That brings me to the purpose of asking you to come to me this morning. Our marriage. I have decided that I cannot wait longer than is necessary to make you my wife so Lady Lovelace has agreed to send for your father so he can give you away at our wedding the day after tomorrow, the chapel here is most suitable and in beautiful surroundings. Do not worry about a dress, if Ada can't provide you with one we will have one made in time. Now, what do you say?"

He cupped her face in his hands and kissed her gently, savouring the taste of her lips,

"Please don't deny me this one great pleasure of my life."
 
Last edited:
She hesitated a second before knocking on Roger’s bedroom door. His voice sounded clear and strong and when she entered, he was sitting up in bed smiling at her.

Good Morning Clarissa, did you sleep well? Ada informs me that you have been riding Thunder this morning, he is a wonderful animal and it is clear that you are very much attached to each other.

She decided not to answer how she slept. He would find it amusing to know that he was on her mind.

“Thunder needs to be ridden daily. He is a horse that loves to run. And he loves to run fast for me.”

Have you breakfasted yet?. She shook her head. I haven't, so let us have breakfast here together and we can discuss our immediate future in a calm and civilised manner.

Smiling he pat the bed beside him though she hesitated. It was dangerous to be so close to him. There was a knock and a manservant entered to take Roger’s orders. Once they were alone again, he asked her to apply the salve to his neck.

With her heart pounding, she couldn’t very well say no. He sat on the side of the bed and leaned towards her, bending his head and resting his hand on her legs. She could feel the warmth of his hands as he began to grip her thighs. And as she rubbed the ointment in, his hands seemed to grip tighter and tighter. Finally once she had finished, he let go of her legs, though it still felt as if his hands were still there. She watched him move his head from side to side as if testing what she had done.

Wonderful, Clarissa, I now know there will be no need to employ a nurse when we are married, you administer to my needs so well.

She nervously licked her lips when suddenly her took her face in his hands and looked deep into her eyes.

That brings me to the purpose of asking you to come to me this morning. Our marriage. I have decided that I cannot wait longer than is necessary to make you my wife so Lady Lovelace has agreed to send for your father so he can give you away at our wedding the day after tomorrow, the chapel here is most suitable and in beautiful surroundings. Do not worry about a dress, if Ada can't provide you with one we will have one made in time. Now, what do you say?

She gasped, not expecting this. Get married here and Lady Ada was willing to send for her Father? Why, he would barely arrive in time. Her mind was racing around, confusion running rampant through her brain. And then gently he kissed her and she almost melted. How could this man’s kisses do this to her?

Please don't deny me this one great pleasure of my life.

She could be making the biggest mistake of her life. But was the mistake in saying yes, or in saying no. Taking a deep breath, she spoke.

“Yes.”
 
Sir Roger waited with bated breath for Clarissa's reply, he wondered if he had rushed things and if she would say 'no' out of sheer stubbornness. Looking into her eyes he could see her inner turmoil and took comfort from the fact that she hadn't immediately dismissed his proposal to bring the marriage forward. He saw her chest heave as she took a deep breath and he heard her say the sweetest sounding word he had ever heard from her lips,

'Yes'

His heart soared and pounded inside his broad chest, had she actually agreed to become his wife? He could hardly believe it, he had expected to hear all kinds of objections, ranging from 'it's too soon' to 'I don't find you that attractive' to 'You are a rude obnoxious man, I hate you.' but none came.

He couldn't contain his delight and grabbed her waist and pulled her down to lay beside him, kissing her neck, her face and most of all her sweet tasting cherry lips. His fingers tangled in her blonde locks as he held her in a tight embrace tasting her sweetness and inhaling her flowery subtle fragrance, she was the sweetest smelling flower his nostrils had ever had the pleasure of.

He didn't want to ever let her go, her body was so warm and soft and she was as close to him as she had ever been and he luxuriated in her closeness. Somehow during his embrace, the skirt of her riding habit had slid up to her lower thighs and her jacket had become undone so her firm young breasts pressed against his chest although her blouse was keeping them covered.

Way beyond his control, blood pumped into his manhood and it strained against the underclothes that he wore and pressed against her upper thigh.

"Goodness Clarissa, I,,,,, I,,,,, didn't mean to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm sorry."

He blustered, red-faced with embarrassment, aware that he had overstepped the bounds of propriety, Clarissa was not his wife yet so her treasure was out of bounds to him, for now at least. He was a gentleman and his breeding dictated that he must behave like one. He released her and said,

"Clarissa, my love, I am so happy, my senses are reeling, we must let Ada know so preparations can be made and a message sent to your father."

He rang for a manservant and instructed him to inform Lady Lovelace that he wished to see her at her earliest convenience.

As they waited for Lady Lovelace Sir Roger tried to overcome an embarrassed quiet that had descended upon them.

"Ahem, after the wedding where would you like to spend your honeymoon, Clarissa? I will leave the choice entirely up to you."
 
His reaction surprised her. Suddenly he grabbed her by the waist and she found herself face up on the bed with him kissing her, her face, her neck, her lips. When he reached her lips she was totally lost and found herself kissing back. Laying beneath him, unaware that at the moment she was close to losing what she had fought to hang onto, she was suddenly aware that there was something pressing against her thigh. Something very hard and very insistent. She was well aware of exactly what it was.

The look on his face told her that he was suddenly aware of just how close they were to losing all control.

Goodness Clarissa, I,,,,, I,,,,, didn't mean to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm sorry.

She could see that he was embarrassed and shocked at his loss of decorum. He released her from his arms and she was surprised by what she felt. A loss? That could not be right for she was not sure that she wanted him. Yet she had said yes. Why yes, she was not quite sure, but yes she had said.

He released her from his grip and for just a moment, she lay there before she realized that she could get up. In an effort to regain what decorum she could, she stood up and rearranged her clothes, straightening them the best that she could. Of course, her hair was still wild, refusing to be tamed. Much like the lady herself.

Clarissa, my love, I am so happy, my senses are reeling, we must let Ada know so preparations can be made and a message sent to your father.

By the time that the manservant answered Roger’s call, she was back upright though her hair was still in its messy wildness and her freckled face was rosy pink from her blush. Still, once again alone, they both grew quiet.

Ahem, after the wedding where would you like to spend your honeymoon, Clarissa? I will leave the choice entirely up to you.

His question caught her quite off guard. How exactly should she answer him? Before she could come up with an answer, there was a knock at the door and Ada came in followed by the Doctor.

“Doctor Pritchett has arrived to see how you are doing, Sir Roger, though the flush on a certain someone’s cheeks leads me to suspect that someone is well in the mend. Come with me, Clarissa, and let us give your fiancé some privacy with his Doctor. I have already sent for your father and have his room prepared and ready.” As Lady Ada led a somewhat dazed Clarissa from the room, she glanced back at the young man and smiled at him, as if to say I knew that you would convince her!
 
Sir Roger was still euphoric when Lady Lovelace entered his room followed by Dr Pritchett, a middle-aged man with a slight stoop but a cheerful, genial countenance.

Ada left with Clarissa and looked back at him with a warm smile as if to say, 'There, I said you could do it.' He grinned back at her still barely able to believe that the dream he'd had for the past few days was becoming a reality.

Doctor Pritchett woke him from his reverie,

"How are you feeling today my boy, more like your old self I trust?"

"Indeed doctor, your skill has made me feel much better, I thank you."

"It's not me you should be thanking, it was the quick thinking of the young lady that saved your life, I merely treated the after effects, believe me when I tell you that a few more minutes and you would have choked to death."

"I did not understand the severity of it at the time, it has never happened before."

"It may never happen again but it is wise to take precautions such as not venturing into the garden while the bees are still collecting pollen and keep the salve I gave you and when you have finished the tonic keep some with you and if stung dose yourself with it as soon as possible."

Your advice is most welcome Doctor, now if I could ask you about something more private? I am to be married in two days and I was wondering if this would affect me in any detrimental way?"

Doctor Pritchett roared with laughter and slapped his thigh,

"NO, NO, my boy I don't believe there has ever been a bee that could keep a young buck from his particular choice of honeypot on his wedding day."

DeCoverly smiled at the Doctors choice of words and then joined in the laughter,

"That is so good to hear Doctor, let us drink a toast to unsullied honeypots."

They raised their glasses several times, toasting 'UNSULLIED HONEYPOTS' and other equally bawdy toasts until Dr Pritchett cut the celebrations short saying he had other patients to see.

Following the drinking bout with Doctor Pritchett, Roger fell asleep on the bed until near dinner time when he dressed and made his way down to the dining room where he found Lady Lovelace and Clarissa.

He saw Clarissa in a new light now and she was no longer the troublesome, headstrong, spoilt child he knew but now an elegant lady in a lilac evening gown that complemented her pretty freckled face and chest, even her hair had been tamed to some extent and was coiled on her head.

"My apologies to you both for keeping you waiting I am afraid that I imbibed a little too much wine with the good Doctor."

Lady Lovelace spoke up, her face wreathed in smiles, "You had much to celebrate Roger, bringing this young lady to her senses."
 
Leading her from the room, Ada and Jessica headed back to the room where Clarissa was staying. Once inside, Ada took charge.

“Sit!” Ada pointed to the high backed chair in the room and Clarissa had no choice but to sit. “Now, I know you and you are not going to change your mind and jump on that horse of yours and run again. Have you any idea as to how much that man loves you? You are so blessed to have that.”

She placed a hand upon Clarissa’s knee and gave her a comforting pet. “Honey, love can be a scary thing, especially for the someone like you. You don’t do things in half measures. Your father let you run wild, have your own head. But you need to think of the future. That Father of yours, he is no more fit to run your estate than you are. I mean, look at him. He actually lost everything in a poker game. Your father is a dear, but he has his faults.”

Clarissa started to interrupt Ada but stopped her. The woman was right. As he grew older, he had begun getting in trouble with gambling.

“And you! You seem to think of nothing but that horse. But you need to think of your future. You saying yes to Roger was probably the smartest thing that you had done for some time. And Roger is smart enough to bring Fernwood back into the black. By the way, I sent for your father last night so he should arrive bright and early on your wedding day.”

“Ada, I...”

Lady Lovelace quickly hugged the young lady that sat there looking somewhat surprised.

“Clarissa, do not worry. I have just the dress that will work for your wedding dress, with some very minor alterations. Your Father will be bringing the rest of your clothes.”

Within 30 minutes, Clarissa was being fitted for her wedding dress. After spending some time with the seamstress, it was time to dress for dinner. She was a bit uncomfortable in the dress, but she had already been warned that she was to behave. The maid seemed determined to win the upper hand over her hair. It had been worked within an inch of it’s life and at the start of the evening, had been coiffed as befits a young lady. However, as the evening progressed, her blonde tresses seemed to have a mind of their own as curl after curl slipped free from its control and tumbled down her back, or fell down in front of her eyes.

Every inch of skin tantalizingly revealed by the borrowed dress was liberally sprinkled with her freckles and merely hinted that probably more freckles remained hidden by the evening gown. When Roger arrived, he found the two women seated at the table and quietly waiting for him.

My apologies to you both for keeping you waiting I am afraid that I imbibed a little too much wine with the good Doctor.

Clarissa could not help blushing at Ada’s answer.

You had much to celebrate Roger, bringing this young lady to her senses.

Clarissa sniffed. “You make me sound like some poor unfortunate. I fully expect Sir Roger to realize at the last minute that he would rather have the estate rather than the Lady. Lady Monteith would certainly agree to that.”

“Oh pooh! Lady Agatha is an absolute bore! The woman believes her horse-faced daughter is a prime example of English Womanhood. Drucilla Monteith has an overbite to rival the worst of them and the girl snorts when she laughs. That is Agatha’s example of perfect English Womanhood.”

“Ada!”

“Well, it’s true. And Drucilla’s seat could never compare to yours. She looks more like a sack of potatoes in the saddle, and it’s for certain that she could never have won Epsom.”

And with that, the conversation at the table changed to the wedding.
 
Roger was a little concerned at Clarissa suggesting that he might change his mind about marrying her when that was furthest from his mind, had Clarissa not returned his kisses when they lay on his bed? True, they were not the passionate kisses of a woman deeply in love but they were kisses that had been returned all the same and it was early days yet.

The conversation turned to Lady Monteith and her daughter, Drucilla. Sir Roger had seen the woman in question at functions he had attended and learned to avoid her like the plague for she was always saying that her 'beautiful' daughter was of marriageable age, suggesting that he would be welcome to woo Drucilla. He shuddered at the thought of kissing Drucilla, convinced that it would be akin to kissing his horse and her laugh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well, it was more of a donkey's bray and always ended with a snort.

'And Drucilla’s seat could never compare to yours. She looks more like a sack of potatoes in the saddle, and it’s for certain that she could never have won Epsom.'

Ada's remark to Clarissa comparing her seat to that of Drucilla's set his mind wandering to the moment when he would hold Clarissa's hips as she crouched on her hands and knees and he would drill his cock between her shapely thighs. He fought to keep his manhood under control as it stiffened in his breeches, he managed to gain control of himself and kept his eyes on Clarissa, his bride to be. She had never looked more beautiful in spite of her unruly hair that spilt down her back and partly covered one side of her face like a golden curtain.

The conversation turned to the wedding, how and when each of them were to arrive at the chapel, the order of service and numerous other details that were of no great interest to Sir Roger, but he feigned interest when Clarissa asked a question, to show that he wanted the day to go well. In fact, his only interest was in finishing dinner and spending time alone with Clarissa and perhaps claim some more of her kisses.

Eventually, dinner was over and Sir Roger politely asked Lady Lovelace if he and Clarissa might have some time alone.

"Of course, how remiss of me you must both get to know each other, but I must insist that it go further than a few kisses, we do not want to be concerning ourselves with the possibility of a child, at least not yet but I do not think that it will be long before such an announcement will be made."

Lady Lovelace made herself perfectly clear before she withdrew and left them together.
For just a minute or two they just sat and looked at each other before Sir Roger took Clarissa in his arms, kissed her on her forehead and asked,

"Why Clarissa? Why did you so suddenly change your mind when yesterday you seemed so adamant that you did not wish to marry me?"
 
It was all that Clarissa could do to keep from outright laughing at the idea of Roger and Drucilla walking down the aisle together. From the frown on his face, she could see that he did not seem to find it funny which made it all the more amusing. Roger and Drucilla and a whole herd of little Drucillas running after him. She fought hard not to laugh but from time to time the idea would pop back into her mind and each time that it did the grin became bigger and bigger.

With one hand she pushed back her hair from her eyes and Ada finally tsked and shook her head at Clarissa. “I suppose that we should just forgo trying to make that hair of yours behave and just let it run wild for your wedding. After all, we cannot have it falling apart in the middle of the ceremony. I suppose that Roger will not mind having an unconventional bride, and who knows, you may start a new tradition for brides.”

After having exhausted the topic of weddings and all that talk that naturally goes with it, Roger asked if just he and Clarissa could be alone.

Of course, how remiss of me you must both get to know each other, but I must insist that it go further than a few kisses, we do not want to be concerning ourselves with the possibility of a child, at least not yet but I do not think that it will be long before such an announcement will be made.

Wonderful! Ada practically had her with child before the wedding took place.

It seemed an awkward couple of minutes as they say there looking at each other. Then, finally he held her in his arms and kissed her forehead. Her forehead? Really? Instead, she had wanted that kiss that had nearly made her swoon.

Why Clarissa? Why did you so suddenly change your mind when yesterday you seemed so adamant that you did not wish to marry me?

“Perhaps I did it to save you from a fate worse than Drucilla.” A slight smile played around her lips. “After all, if you were to marry her, I am sure that the girl is quite fertile and would be able to supply you with many, many children, all with her pleasing looks and her wonderful sense of humor.”

She couldn’t help the laugh that escaped her lips as she looked at the confused look on his face. It seemed to take him a second to realize that she had been leading him on. “If we are to be married, you shall have to learn to read me better.”

Suddenly she grew quiet and seriously answered him. “And perhaps it was because I am slowly becoming addicted to your kisses.”
 
Roger was so serious about his question and he had hoped for a serious answer but it only confused him,

'“Perhaps I did it to save you from a fate worse than Drucilla. After all, if you were to marry her, I am sure that the girl is quite fertile and would be able to supply you with many, many children, all with her pleasing looks and her wonderful sense of humour.”
'

For just a moment his confusion showed but then her face broke into a radiant smile that he had seen so little of and a tinkling laugh that showed how pleased she was at having caught him off guard.

'If we are to be married, you shall have to learn to read me better.'

Roger wasn't at all annoyed at her teasing, in fact, he welcomed it for it showed that she had a playful side to her besides being so hell-bent on turning everything around to suit herself. He was about to kiss her again when he heard her utter the words that he would savour over and over again,

'And perhaps it was because I am slowly becoming addicted to your kisses.'

Without hesitation, he seized on her words and planted soft little kisses on the tip of her nose, her eyes, her cheeks before he paused at her plump cherry lips and whispered,

"You realise that an addict can never ever get enough of that they crave so it is my duty to feed your addiction, my kisses are all only for you, with one condition,,,,, I choose where I place them. At this very moment, I wish to kiss you here.

Unnoticed he had slid the arms of her dress further down so that her shoulders and upper chest were bare, with a flourish he pulled the bodice of her gown and her breasts were free. He held them in his hands, supporting them, not that they needed support. The pad of one his thumbs caressed one pink nipple while the other hand lifted a breast up for his lips to kiss around the hard pink bud and then it was sucked into his mouth and licked quite vigorously.

As quickly as he had half undressed her he restored her modesty and kissed her heartily on the lips. This was not a kiss to be taken lightly, it was one of raw, powerful passion and need, demanding possession of her. When it finally broke and they had recovered their breath Roger spoke in all seriousness,

"If you are only addicted to my kisses then that is fine they are there for you at any time you want them, however, my addiction is YOU, Clarissa, I want you, I need you and maybe one day you will feel the same about me."

He turned abruptly away from her and started for the door, he couldn't let her see the sorrow in his eyes that she didn't love him as he loved her. He was going to leave it at that but being stubborn himself he thought it best to have it out in the open and turned back to her,

"Clarissa, Which is most important to you, Thunder or me? I realise it is a difficult question but I will not take second place to him, he loves you as much as I do but do you love me as much as you do Thunder, before you begin thinking that I am saying that he has to go that is the last thing I want, but I need to know which of us you would choose to lose if it ever came to a choice?
 
Last edited:
She was please with herself at having caught him off guard and the fact that he was not angry at her was an added bonus. Then again, she wondered if she should not have told him about just how his kisses affected her.

Suddenly he was kissing her - her nose, her eyes, her cheeks, all over before he whispered against her lips - You realise that an addict can never ever get enough of that they crave so it is my duty to feed your addiction, my kisses are all only for you, with one condition,,,,, I choose where I place them. At this very moment, I wish to kiss you here.

What he did next caught her off guard, shocked and scandalized her. Suddenly, he had bared her bosoms and cradled one in each hand. With his thumb pad rubbing one nipple, he bent his head to the other one, eliciting a gasp from her when he kissed and then sucked and licked it.

She could feel her body flush bright red, shocked and embarrassed by his actions. And somehow, she found herself turned on by what had just transpired. And something else that she found somewhat difficult to explain - a feeling deep inside.

Then just as quickly as the whole thing had happened, he restored her modesty and took her in his arms to kiss her lips. This kiss was like none other that she had ever had as his lips claimed hers. The world seemed to spin for her and she found herself falling deeper and deeper under his spell. It claimed her, telling her that she belonged to him and him alone. Just as she thought that she might faint, he broke the kiss and giving them both a chance to catch their breath. Finally he spoke.

If you are only addicted to my kisses then that is fine they are there for you at any time you want them, however, my addiction is YOU, Clarissa, I want you, I need you and maybe one day you will feel the same about me.

Strangely he turned to leave but stopped short. She herself was still a bit dazed from his kisses but his next question scared her.

Clarissa, Which is most important to you, Thunder or me? I realise it is a difficult question but I will not take second place to him, he loves you as much as I do but do you love me as much as you do Thunder, before you begin thinking that I am saying that he has to go that is the last thing I want, but I need to know which of us you would choose to lose if it ever came to a choice?

Suddenly everything that people had been telling her came flooding back.

Honey, love can be a scary thing, especially for the someone like you.

Please don't deny me this one great pleasure of my life.

You don’t do things in half measures.

Clarissa, I would never have thought of you as afraid.

Your father let you run wild, have your own head. But you need to think of the future.

If my only interest were the estate which would be mine anyway, would I pursue Clarissa halfway across the country if I had no interest in her?

You were not to know but I am the last of a long line of DeCoverlys and I wish for that line to be continued so it will be your duty to give me a son.

On meeting her I became enamoured with her and decided to woo her to the best of my ability but she took affront to this

...you are scared of something not all that frightening...

...not all that frightening...

It is new, a different outcome to your life than you had perhaps planned.

Clarissa, I would give up everything I own to have you as my wife, my feelings for you are beyond my comprehension.

It is obvious than the man loves you, is totally in love with you.

...not all that frightening...

Don’t be so busy looking for the right man that you let him slip by.


The voices echoed in her brain, reminding her that life was sometimes knowing when to move, whether in a horse race, or in life.

Some people search all their lives, looking for the right person only to discover that they had them all along.

Here was a man that had tracked her over the countryside, accepting all the muck and mire that she had put him through and yet he still loved her. Loved her? He should hate her. Yet he loved her.

She looked at him through new eyes and saw him as he really was. Choosing between him and Thunder? But Thunder could not be with her forever. This man loved her for her alone. And all he asked was the same of her.

“I would choose to lose Thunder.”
 
Roger knew that he risked losing Clarissa forever when he posed the question but it was one he needed an answer to, he couldn't marry her if she chose Thunder over him, he couldn't, wouldn't be second best in her affections, the previous few minutes had strengthened his love for her when he had been the closest he had ever been to her, tasting the sweet hardness of her nipples and the soft silkiness of her breasts. That she had enjoyed his illicit advances he had no doubt from the way her nipples had swollen and her acceptance of his kiss but he had the nagging doubt that it was merely a physical reaction and nothing to do with love for him, the love he wanted from her. He watched her face carefully, seeing the different emotions flitting through her mind, assessing the pros and cons. If she didn't love him unconditionally and chose Thunder then the past few days would have been for nothing, she could return to her old life, nothing would change for her whereas he would be crushed and need to rebuild his life.

'I would choose to lose Thunder.'

His breath was released in a long hiss and all his doubts and reservations were swept aside by those few simple words, his hands reached out to take her delicate but strong hands in his and he clasped them and drew her to him so their bodies were touching.

"My dearest Clarissa, please understand, I just had to know that I had all of your love, let us hope that we never, ever have to put your answer to the test for I know it would break your heart if you lost him, but I am certain that he would understand. I will shower you with kisses every day so each morning you will wake to look forward to my lips on yours."

Once again he buried his face in the hollow of her neck and kissed along her jawline until he found her sensuous plump cherry lips open to welcome his tongue with her own. They held each other tightly locked, in a lovers embrace, kissing with passion in their loins, they did not hear Lady Lovelace enter and stand watching them from the door.

"So they have finally found each other." she smiled proudly to herself.
 
Clarissa finally noticed Lady Ava standing over to the side and pulled back from Roger, somewhat embarrassed at being caught that way.

“It’s fine, dear. Though it is getting late and tomorrow is another day. You both will need your rest for I suspect that you will both be very busy tying up loose ends. You father should arrive the day after tomorrow in time for the ceremony. The seamstress will be bringing your dress. I suggest that it is time for sleep. For now, Roger, I suggest that you should head upstairs. I need to talk to
Clarissa myself.”

Ada stood by and pointedly escorted Roger out of the room. Shaking her head, she turned back to face the young woman looking somewhat surprised at how the past hours had transpired.

“Dear, I feel that somehow I should speak to you a bit. Normally, your mother would talk to you and answer any questions that you might have. And I know that she would be very proud of you and she would be pleased with your choice in Roger for a husband.”

“Ada, please don’t tell me that you are going to give me a talk about the facts of life.” Clarissa began to laugh. “I understand all about that. I have seen all that on the estate with the animals.”

“I know that you know the basics. The differences between men and women. However, there are a few differences between women and the average animal. Now, come sit here beside me and let me explain.” Ada pet the sofa beside her.

Giving a sigh, Clarissa could tell that it would do no good to deny Ada her chance to explain things to her.

“Dear, love is wonderful and and on your wedding night, I am sure that Roger will take you in his arms and want to make mad, passionate love to you. But just so that you know, the first time that he does have sex with you, losing your virginity will be a bit painful. It is different for each woman. And it does depend upon how well endowed he is, and just how small you are. But not to worry, your body will soon adjust and accept whatever size he is.”

Laughing, Clarissa finally took a breath and wiped the tears from her eyes. “Ada, I am well aware of this. It was one of the few discussions that Father and I had. He wanted to discourage me from getting too friendly with the stable boys.”

Ada looked shocked. “He didn’t! Did he mention the blood?”

“According to him, it was buckets of blood. He said that most women bleed so much that it is a wonder that any of them ever survive to their golden years. Of course, I just marked it down to his stretching the truth.”

Eventually the two of them were laughing as Clarissa repeated the facts as her Father had described it. However, she kissed Ada’s cheek and thanked her for the information before heading up to bed. Soon she was upstairs and in bed, dreaming of the wedding and what would come afterwards.
 
They were embracing and really getting to grips with each other when they became aware of Lady Lovelace watching them from the doorway with an amused smile on her face, Clarissa pulled away from him quickly almost as if she had been caught doing something wrong, Roger though was more reluctant to let her go keeping one arm around Clarissa's waist they both turned to face Ada.

'It’s fine, dear. Though it is getting late and tomorrow is another day. You both will need your rest for I suspect that you will both be very busy tying up loose ends. You father should arrive the day after tomorrow in time for the ceremony. The seamstress will be bringing your dress. I suggest that it is time for sleep. For now, Roger, I suggest that you should head upstairs. I need to talk to
Clarissa myself.
'

Roger took her hint and as he passed by Ada he put his tongue out in a gesture of disgust at her interrupting his time with Clarissa. He bounded up the stairs and flopped on his bed, truly happy that all was well with Clarissa, his bride to be. It had been a difficult journey gaining Clarissa's love but now he had no reason to doubt that they would be blissfully happy together. He did understand though that life would not be a bed of roses as they were both headstrong, as stubborn as mules and not afraid to say what was on their minds. In a strange way, he was quite looking forward to their first argument for the way they settled it would set the standard for the rest of their lives then there was the making up afterwards, the kisses, the cuddles and carrying her to bed, a thought struck him, what if they couldn't agree on something? What would he do then? Or if she did something totally wrong and should be punished for it?

Roger was not a violent man by nature but the thought of putting Clarissa across his knee and lifting her skirts and administering a few firm spanks to her cute derriere perversely aroused him. He put the thought out of his mind and lay back on his bed with his hands clasped behind his head trying to imagine Clarissa naked, he had already discovered that she had the most perfect breasts, the size of large grapefruits that fitted into his large hands perfectly, but what of what lay between her legs, would that smell and taste as sweet as the rest of her? He was no stranger to a woman's pubic hair and he had found it varied widely from a sparse covering of fine hair on the mons to a veritable bush of huge proportions sometimes stretching from the navel to covering the vagina. Considering the wild nature of Clarissa's own hair he decided it was a fair bet that she had some undergrowth, so he wondered if he could persuade Lady Lovelace to get Clarissa to prune her bush to manageable proportions. He would consider overnight how to word his request
 
Bright and early the next morning, Clarissa was up and dressed for riding. She knew that Lady Lovelace’s groom was taking good care of Thunder. Still, she felt it important to get up and run the black stallion.

The smell of hay and horses greeted her nose as she entered the stables. She could hear him and his soft neigh, as if calling for her. She greeted him and the horse pressed his soft nose against her shoulder.

“Boy, don’t be jealous. He understands.” She quickly groomed him and checked his hooves and legs, giving him a good brushing as she talked to him. Finally with a quick pet, she slipped his saddle and harness on, leading him outside. As if by magic, she gave a hop and easily pulled herself into the saddle, leading the horse away from the stables.

Turning Thunder towards the open countryside, she nudged him to run. As the horse began to pick up speed, she leaned over, her face against his neck and whispered those magic words in his ear. The stallion’s ears flicked and suddenly his feet flew, gobbling up the grassy countryside.

The wind whipped through Thunder’s mane, the black hair slapping Clarissa’s face. Eventually the winds pulled loose Clarissa’s hair, her long blonde locks blowing behind her, wild and free.

She rode hard until she finally slowed the horse down. Turning back towards East Horsley Park, she could see the two story manor was slowly waking, with movement stirring in the courtyard. She nudged Thunder and they soon entered the stable yards and she hopped down to lead her horse into his stall. The groom rushed out to greet her.

“Did you have a good ride, Lady Fernwood?”

“Yes, we did. Give him extra oats after you groom him. He deserves them. He ran good this morning.”

“Yes ma’am, Lady Fernwood. I believe that Lady Lovelace and Sir DeCoverly are waiting for you in the dining room. Breakfast is being served.”

“Thank you!” She gave Thunder one last pet before heading in for breakfast. She had worked up an appetite.
 
Back
Top