Terra 5 - A futuristic, space RP (OOC Interest Check)

Adder4321

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jul 11, 2017
Posts
848
So I've been playing around with this for a while, but I've finally written up some basic info. If enough people are interested I'll set up a character sheet. Also I would appreciate and input into the scenario because I'm currently having trouble with that.

Terra 5:
AKA T-5

The fifth habitable planet colonised by The Intergalactic Colonisation Initiative (ICI), it is located on the far side of the Andromeda galaxy and was first visited by humans in the year 2256. However, it was soon discovered that despite meeting all of the criteria for being habitable, it had a slew of trouble. The air was breathable, but contained numerous cancer causing agents, the water was heavily polluted with arsenic and heavy metals, the earth contained no valuable minerals and was incapable of supporting most flora.

So it was no surprise that the ICI, later forming the Intergalactic People's Republic (IPR) largely abandoned the planet, leaving a space port, complete with teleportation to and from the planet, a variety of work equipment and a small city on the surface. It lay in ruin for several years until a variety of space pirates and other fugitives used it as a base. Fueled with money obtained from illegal sources, it became the central base of operations for virtually all illegal groups operating in the Andromeda galaxy. Eventually, a semi democratic government formed, run by the most influential pirate captains and individuals living on the planet, known simply as The Council.

Now, in the year 2578, it’s a hive of villainy, lawlessness and criminals. With only a few corrupt IPR ships and officials there to maintain peace, it is perhaps the most dangerous place in the explored universe. It is also the setting for this RP.

Locations:
Shell: The capital city of the planet, located around large spring with the purest water on the planet. Basically a fortress, with extremely powerful anti-air and anti-ground defences. The base of operations for The Council and most of the pirates.

The Shipyard: A huge circular space station orbiting T-5, which repairs, refuels and even builds ships. Other than Shell, it is the most rich and powerful place around T-5. It is also connect to Shell by a couple of long ranged, fixed teleporters.

The Pit: A crater that is over 100km wide on the opposite side of T-5 from Shell, The Pit is a junkyard. Filled with destroyed ships, weapons and technology, The Pit is run by the Scavs, an organised group of scavengers and treasure hunters who specialise in recovering parts from The Pit. Supposedly, there is a hidden city somewhere in The Pit that is run by the Scavs, but no one outside of the group has ever seen it.

The story starts following two ships, an IPR military ship and a pirate ship who, just before fighting each other, are engaged by an unknown enemy ship. The IPR ship was doing a routine scouting expedition and is called The Atlanta. The pirate ship is called The Raven. The story will mostly follow the two crews, but plenty of other characters will show up too.

NB: If anyone wants to make a non-human character put up a separate post or send me a pm with details on the new species.

Character Sheet

Name:

Age:

Gender:

Species:

Sexuality:

Relationship Status:

Languages spoken:

Location:

Job(If applicable):

Appearance(including style of clothing):

Personality:

Skills/Abilities:

Goals:

History(unless you want it to be secret):

Other information(anything else that you think is important):
 
Last edited:
OK it is SciFi, I am tickled. What is your story idea?

Do you want to run a good vs bad RP?

A few good men and women trying to survive and land on T5?

T5 being the last Outpost as an invincible army marches(flies) on, destroying humanity?

Will it be largely humans or do you wish to add other races? What kind of races? What is the technological curve? Are there living heroes of their time? Are there descendants of influential people?
 
OK it is SciFi, I am tickled. What is your story idea?

Do you want to run a good vs bad RP?

A few good men and women trying to survive and land on T5?

T5 being the last Outpost as an invincible army marches(flies) on, destroying humanity?

Will it be largely humans or do you wish to add other races? What kind of races? What is the technological curve? Are there living heroes of their time? Are there descendants of influential people?

I guess that good vs bad sort of describes what I want. I was considering either having a rebellion in the intergalactic government or an invasion by outside forces and the pirates and IPR are forced to work together to survive.

I'm not sure about other races, I haven't really thought about it. As for technology, I'm just going with the usual lasers, hyperspace, teleporters and everything else you would expect from futuristic sci-fi.

But that's why I wanted input from other people who are interested. I'm pretty good at thinking up locations and settings, but not so much with the actual story.
 
Hmm I like sci fi, though I'd have to wait until after Christmas to try and tackle a character. My vote is for humans to not be alone in this universe, though maybe more Outlaw Star than Titan A.E. on the extraterrestrial saturation scale.
 
I guess that good vs bad sort of describes what I want. I was considering either having a rebellion in the intergalactic government or an invasion by outside forces and the pirates and IPR are forced to work together to survive.

I'm not sure about other races, I haven't really thought about it. As for technology, I'm just going with the usual lasers, hyperspace, teleporters and everything else you would expect from futuristic sci-fi.

But that's why I wanted input from other people who are interested. I'm pretty good at thinking up locations and settings, but not so much with the actual story.

Invasion by superior forces, I like that idea. Gets me all tingly and thinking of Battleship Gallactica.

So we are talking classic SciFi, I would suggest a dip into Star Trek TOS or TNG for tech, you get transporters, FTL, turbolifts, forcefields, tractor beams and shields. We can go with lasers, I always enjoyed a good laser battle even though disruptors and phasers are more powerful, but hey can't go wrong with a bit of Star Wars can you?

Well that's my ten cents
 
I'd be interested. Once you have an idea of a character sheet I can throw a couple together and see what sticks. Or if you'd rather do a narrative style origin story post and keep the stats fast and loose that's cool.
 
Alright, after some thought I've put together a basic character sheet and an idea for how to start the story.

The story starts following two ships, an IPR military ship and a pirate ship who, just before fighting each other, are engaged by an unknown enemy ship. The IPR ship was doing a routine scouting expedition and is called The Atlanta. The pirate ship is called The Raven. The story will mostly follow the two crews, but plenty of other characters will show up too.

Also, I've decided that I'll start the RP after new years, because I know that some people will be busy over Christmas. Until then I'll let people sort out characters and if anyone has any more ideas for the story then I'm all ears.

NB: If anyone wants to make a non-human character put up a separate post or send me a pm with details on the new species.

Character Sheet

Name:

Age:

Gender:

Species:

Sexuality:

Relationship Status:

Languages spoken:

Location:

Job(If applicable):

Appearance(including style of clothing):

Personality:

Skills/Abilities:

Goals:

History(unless you want it to be secret):

Other information(anything else that you think is important):
 
I might be interested, but I have a concern.

In my experience, unless grounded in Trek or Star Wars, large scale sci-fi RPGs like you propose usually fizzle out. I have invested a lot of time into several here and on other writing sites, and it always seems to happen. I was even in one based on Dune here, and it could not maintain sufficient numbers to sustain a decent story.
 
I might be interested, but I have a concern.

In my experience, unless grounded in Trek or Star Wars, large scale sci-fi RPGs like you propose usually fizzle out. I have invested a lot of time into several here and on other writing sites, and it always seems to happen. I was even in one based on Dune here, and it could not maintain sufficient numbers to sustain a decent story.

Well I guess that I'll just see what happens. I'm not going anywhere though. Speaking of which, I'll be writing up a character sheet for my first character, the captain of the Raven, soon.
 
I'm intrigued. :) Ever a fan of anything space/sci-fi, and I've only got a few projects at the moment so I'm eager for something fresh. I'm likely to create some new species of non-human/alien. I'll do a bit of brainstorming and PM you later in the day, Adder.
 
Alright, I've got my character sheet for the captain of the Raven done, plus a description of the Raven itself and few other things.

The Raven is a long, sleek, black ship, with two swept back wing like structures on the sides of the main deck. These "wings" are actually cargo holds, with two gun turrets and a missile launcher on each one. The main section of the hull is shaped like a long bullet, with two more turrets at the front and a dome like structure at the back, which contains the bridge. Three main engines drive the ship and a fleet of four fighters protect it. A tractor beam is located under the ship, to draw items into the cargo bays. The ship has a crew of about 60 people.

However, it's greatest weapon is an experimental rail gun located just behind the bridge. It uses magnetic propulsion to launch metal beams, each roughly four meters long and a meter wide, at almost half the speed of light. This gun requires about 20 seconds to charge up a single shot, though.

The currency in the universe is "Chips."

Character Sheet

Name: Ryan Zander

Age: 32

Gender: Male

Species: Human

Sexuality: Straight

Relationship Status: Single

Languages spoken: English

Location: The Raven

Job(If applicable): Captain of the Raven

Appearance(including style of clothing): Tall and slim, with longish dark red hair and stubble, which he usually doesn't bother to shave. He has a square jaw and angular face, as well as dark, almost black eyes. He has a few scars from his time as a pirate, the most distinctive a large burn mark across the left part of his stomach.

He wears black pants and boots, with crisp white collared shirt. Over that he wears a type of black armoured vest and a brown coat, which has a motif of a raven with it's wings outstretched holding a human skull in it's claws. He also wears a pair of thick black finger less gloves, almost like gauntlets. He is almost always seen wearing a battered sea captains hat that originally came from earth.

Personality: Most of the time, he acts very relaxed and casual, to the point that people meeting him for the first time often think that he's either slow or just extremely lazy. He is easily amused and regularly laughs at things that he finds funny, often making jokes of his own.

However, when necessary he will take things seriously and is capable of being extremely commanding and authoritative. Unlike most pirate captains, he is fiercely protective of his crew and will always seek to avoid casualties, even if it means putting his own life on the line. He allows most decisions regarding the crew and ship to be made democratically, unless the issue is related to combat.

Skills/Abilities: He is a superb commander and knows the capabilities of his crew and ship extremely well. He has a lot of experience in both ship and troop combat. He's seen his fair share of gunfights and melee combat.

He caries two automatic phaser pistols in his coat and these can be joined to make a much more accurate and powerful rifle weapon, though it has a slower rate of fire. His gloves are melee combat weapons, which discharge electricity on impact and can knock unconscious a fully grown man with one direct hit.

Goals: Very few, he prefers to just take life one day at a time and enjoy being the captain of his own ship. However, he does wish to become more respected by the other pirates at T-5 and has wanted to be a part of the council for some time.

History(unless you want it to be secret): Little is known about his life, other than that he grew up on Terra 5. Not even he knows who his parents are, but he was taken in by a pirate who gave him and other children food and shelter in return for information. He found his sea captains hat as a young boy in a market and bought it for a few Chips. When he was 16 he joined the crew of a pirate ship and worked there for 4 years, until disaster struck.

His ship was attacked by a brand new IPR military ship, called the Black Needle. The captain and most of the senior officers of Ryan's ship escaped via escaped pods, but the rest of the crew were left for dead. However, Ryan had a plan. He and the rest of the crew his inside of some airtight cargo containers on board and self destructed the ship. As soon as the Black Needle came to investigate, the remaining crew sneaked on board using some exploration suits. Using the element of surprise, they managed to take over the IPR ship and the crew named Ryan as their new captain. He rechristened the ship "The Raven."

Since then, Ryan has gained a lot of notoriety as a pirate around T-5, but his small ship and crew has prevented him from being able to compete with some of the bigger pirate groups.

Other information(anything else that you think is important):

Edit: Would someone else be interested in designing the Altlanta and being her captain? I would like someone else to do it because it would help make the story more lively and less repetitive.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top