Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #42301
midwestyankee
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroin View Post
Yeah, I'm editing today. Soooo...lots of breaks for mental health.

Came across this via Twitter.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013...bly/?mobile=nc

You know, whenever the "why can't we all just get along?" type of discussions here, regarding religion and belief, I think it's important to remember these are the kinds of things that go on. Things like this are the reason that us non-believers aren't just content to sit back and shut up.

This assembly was funded by a conservative religious organization and the gutsy student who refused to attend, and spoke out about it, had her college future threatened.

As far as the "If you take birth control, your mother probably hates you" rhetoric...don't even get me started.
My favorite comment was this: "ROFL he's gonna call Wellesley and report her as a feminist." My understanding is that Wellesley made it known that they were rather proud of her for taking this stand and they got in touch with her to say they were looking forward to her presence at the school next year.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #42302
Keroin
aKwatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestyankee View Post
My favorite comment was this: "ROFL he's gonna call Wellesley and report her as a feminist." My understanding is that Wellesley made it known that they were rather proud of her for taking this stand and they got in touch with her to say they were looking forward to her presence at the school next year.
That's correct. And the principle is a twonk. Just makes me wonder, though, how many students who were opposed to this have kept quite over the years, for whatever reason. This is not this woman's first speaking engagement.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #42303
cfuhrer
whiskey in a tea cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Winston54 View Post
You could have watched the "Lake Placid" marathon this weekend on cable, then dreamed about badly-CGI'ed super-crocodiles instead of zombies.
"I hope he eats you and your friends, too."
Lol
97% Submissive, 95% Rope bunny, 94% Primal (Prey), 92% Brat, 92% Degradee, 87% Masochist, 73% Slave, 65% Experimentalist, 48% Girl/Boy, 23% Pet, 22% Voyeur, 18% Vanilla, 11% Ageplayer, 8% Exhibitionist, 7% Non-monogamist, 3% Primal (Hunter), 2% Sadist, 1% Daddy/Mommy, 1% Degrader, 1% Dominant, 1% Switch, 0% Brat tamer, 0% Master/Mistress, 0% Owner, 0% Rigger

Old 04-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #42304
ecstaticsub
Literotica Guru

Quote:

As soon as I read it was Wellesley I laughed. How clueless can a principal be to not know that Wellesley would be thrilled to have a student like Katelyn?

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."~~~Frieda Norris The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Old 04-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #42305
BiBunny
Moon Queen & Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecstaticsub View Post
As soon as I read it was Wellesley I laughed. How clueless can a principal be to not know that Wellesley would be thrilled to have a student like Katelyn?
Because West Vir-fucking-ginia.

They make us look positively enlightened.
About heroes and crooks
And I learned much from both of their styles

Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #42306
gypsy*seer
Barefoot sage

Location: Near the lakes, forest, & ocean, on a river by the bay....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiBunny View Post
Because West Vir-fucking-ginia.

They make us look positively enlightened.
OMG, I just almost spit at the computer! LOL!!
(and I DO have relatives in West Vir-fucking-ginia!)

“Blessed are the weird people, poets, misfits, writers, mystics, painters and troubadours for they teach us to see the world through different eyes.” -Jacob Nordby

Old 04-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #42307
Curious_in_Cali
Terribly Human

Gala apples dipped in spicy hummus is actually really good.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:43 AM   #42308
graceanne
iteroticalay urugay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroin View Post
Yeah, I'm editing today. Soooo...lots of breaks for mental health.

Came across this via Twitter.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013...bly/?mobile=nc

You know, whenever the "why can't we all just get along?" type of discussions here, regarding religion and belief, I think it's important to remember these are the kinds of things that go on. Things like this are the reason that us non-believers aren't just content to sit back and shut up.

This assembly was funded by a conservative religious organization and the gutsy student who refused to attend, and spoke out about it, had her college future threatened.

As far as the "If you take birth control, your mother probably hates you" rhetoric...don't even get me started.
This is so annoying. Not that she objected, she did a great, mature job at making her point (too bad the principal can't manage to be an adult) but that people like this resort to that bullshit. I'm all for abstinence, but there is no reason to lie or shame to make a point. There are several speakers, I can think of offhand, who promote abstinence who don't need to resort to lies and shames to stand up for what they believe. Mark Gungor, is the first one that comes to mind.

I have teenagers. I tell them that I don't think they're mature enough to make decisions regarding whether or not to have sex. And then I told them that if they're going to have sex to use a condom and to make sure the girl is on some sort of birth control, TOO. And I also told them that if they're not comfortable asking me to get them birth control, that they can go to my best friend, and she'll get it for them. Because while I don't think they should be having sex, I REALLY don't think they should be getting pregnant.

Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world,
had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.
~Barbara Jordan
*~*~*
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
*~*~*
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble on the road.
~Henry Ward Beecher
*~*~*
You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old when you stop laughing.
~Michael Pritchard

*~*~*
Today, we will live in the moment. Unless that moment is unpleasant, and then we will eat a cookie.
*~*~*

My Stories

Old 04-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #42309
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceanne View Post
.... I have teenagers. I tell them that I don't think they're mature enough to make decisions regarding whether or not to have sex. And then I told them that if they're going to have sex to use a condom and to make sure the girl is on some sort of birth control, TOO. And I also told them that if they're not comfortable asking me to get them birth control, that they can go to my best friend, and she'll get it for them. Because while I don't think they should be having sex, I REALLY don't think they should be getting pregnant.
+ ∞ smart-mommy points!

I hope I get nearly as wise as you are, when (if?) I grow up.

Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
[Jacked from Wenchie's friend's Facebook page. Thanks!]

If you or a loved one has been attacked by cancer
and you're not familiar with the "Fuck You, Cancer" thread,
please feel free to click the button above.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:13 AM   #42310
graceanne
iteroticalay urugay

Quote:
+ ∞ smart-mommy points!

I hope I get nearly as wise as you are, when (if?) I grow up.
Thank you. I try. lol To be fair, I've read so many parenting books, that I doubt any of my ideas are entirely my own.

Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world,
had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.
~Barbara Jordan
*~*~*
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
*~*~*
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble on the road.
~Henry Ward Beecher
*~*~*
You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old when you stop laughing.
~Michael Pritchard

*~*~*
Today, we will live in the moment. Unless that moment is unpleasant, and then we will eat a cookie.
*~*~*

My Stories

Old 04-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #42311
redslady
Really Really Experienced

There is something to be said about a true willow switch.

I think that something went like this, "Holy mother of cod that fucker hurts!" Or maybe it was, "I'm burning that SOB switch first chance I get" Either way, both were replied to with laughter.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #42312
Dianthus
Belle

Right...well, 3 hours seems to be enough sleep.

If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

How well do you know me? Click here and tell me what you see.

My Stories

Old 04-26-2013, 06:41 AM   #42313
LallyH
introverted extrovert

Dom and I have taken a rare day off together today, so I've ordered some new toys for us to play with whilst the kids are at school. Just got a text from the delivery company to say the toy parcel will be with us between 3.30 and 4.30 this afternoon. After the kids come home from school.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #42314
BiBunny
Moon Queen & Wanderer

I think the Universe is trying to make me a vegetarian because pretty much all meat with the exception of chicken turns my stomach nowadays.
About heroes and crooks

Old 04-28-2013, 01:26 AM   #42315
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
I think the Universe is trying to make me a vegetarian because pretty much all meat with the exception of chicken turns my stomach nowadays.
Bunny-hunny? Doctors... ? There's often a *reason* when one's appetites/tastes change suddenly, and a lot of those reasons can be ... well, serious.

(And you know I only nag because Ilubya, right?)

Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:31 AM   #42316
BiBunny
Moon Queen & Wanderer

Quote:
Bunny-hunny? Doctors... ? There's often a *reason* when one's appetites/tastes change suddenly, and a lot of those reasons can be ... well, serious.

(And you know I only nag because Ilubya, right?)
I know. Thank you.

This happens regularly. I went through a whole period last summer where all I could eat was popcorn and candy bars. Then, there was the rolls, carrots, and yogurt period.

I'm guessing it's meds, though. Seizure meds rewire your brain in weird ways sometimes.
About heroes and crooks

Old 04-28-2013, 02:50 AM   #42317
the captians wench
sewing wench

Is this guy seriously trying to get me interested in him by hinting at his cock size?

Does that really work on anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homburg View Post
Look ye to this woman, verily, as an example to all ye aspiring cocksuckers.

writings of a true lady
Jounar's fat bottomed slut
And proud owner of his cock.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #42318
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
I'm guessing it's meds, though. Seizure meds rewire your brain in weird ways sometimes.
Yeahhh... the Keppra (levetiracetam) I've been on tid since November has had some effects, I think, on my taste buds and food desires. Certain things just don't seem to taste the way I "remember" them, others seem to lose taste, and some that I used to like (but weren't really good for me anyway), I don't much like any more. Strangely enough, I haven't noticed a single instance of something that I didn't like before that *is* good for me being more likable.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #42319
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

I'm headed for a nap; spent much of yesterday and today prepping for tomorrow morning's roadtrip back to BFE for the week. I may come back online this evening, or may just pull down and pack the puter stuff so there's a minimum to load up in the morning.

In either case, I should be back to see y'all by tomorrow evening at the latest. s and s to all.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #42320
gypsy*seer
Barefoot sage

Location: Near the lakes, forest, & ocean, on a river by the bay....
Quote:

In either case, I should be back to see y'all by tomorrow evening at the latest. s and s to all.
Nighty night ~ sleep tight!
See ya'll tomorrow!

“Blessed are the weird people, poets, misfits, writers, mystics, painters and troubadours for they teach us to see the world through different eyes.” -Jacob Nordby

Old 04-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #42321
BiBunny
Moon Queen & Wanderer

Quote:
I'm headed for a nap; spent much of yesterday and today prepping for tomorrow morning's roadtrip back to BFE for the week. I may come back online this evening, or may just pull down and pack the puter stuff so there's a minimum to load up in the morning.

Don't worry about us. Rest so that you can give 'em hell all week.
About heroes and crooks

Old 04-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #42322
midwestyankee
Literotica Guru

Quote:
What she said, but with a boring accent instead.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #42323
cfuhrer
whiskey in a tea cup

When those gel ice pack things break it is disgusting enough.
But I've had two break open today.
Ewwwwwww.
97% Submissive, 95% Rope bunny, 94% Primal (Prey), 92% Brat, 92% Degradee, 87% Masochist, 73% Slave, 65% Experimentalist, 48% Girl/Boy, 23% Pet, 22% Voyeur, 18% Vanilla, 11% Ageplayer, 8% Exhibitionist, 7% Non-monogamist, 3% Primal (Hunter), 2% Sadist, 1% Daddy/Mommy, 1% Degrader, 1% Dominant, 1% Switch, 0% Brat tamer, 0% Master/Mistress, 0% Owner, 0% Rigger

Old 04-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #42324
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfuhrer View Post
When those gel ice pack things break it is disgusting enough.
But I've had two break open today.
Ewwwwwww.
They're not beer cans. You're not supposed to smash them against your forehead.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #42325
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
Quote:
What she said, but with a boring accent instead.
Thanks again. But I pretty much have the same boring accent, unless I'm tired (I go southern - ask Bunny), or really really really pissed, when my voice gets way soft and for some strange reason slightly clipped and British. My first wife told me once the only time she was ever afraid of me was when that voice came on. I have no clue where it came from, or why.

Closed Thread