Oh FFS.

Jackie Treehorn: "People forget the brain is the biggest erogenous zone."
The Dude: "On you, maybe."

My stories -
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions

Old 09-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #29852
Etoile
Mod, 2003-2015

No wonder I can't lose weight and I'm depressed and blah blah blag. I'm massively hypothyroid. Had more blood drawn right away for further tests. I'm not anywhere near diabetic though, which is what we thought it was. Check this out though: I'm to eat whole eggs instead of just whites despite my borderline cholesterol. And even odder...Im to start drinking whole milk. I've had skim my whole life. Weird.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:41 PM   #29853
graceanne
iteroticalay urugay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etoile View Post
No wonder I can't lose weight and I'm depressed and blah blah blag. I'm massively hypothyroid. Had more blood drawn right away for further tests. I'm not anywhere near diabetic though, which is what we thought it was. Check this out though: I'm to eat whole eggs instead of just whites despite my borderline cholesterol. And even odder...Im to start drinking whole milk. I've had skim my whole life. Weird.
Holy cow. *hugs*

Well, at least they found out what was wrong, and can start helping you take care of it.

Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world,
had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.
~Barbara Jordan
*~*~*
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
*~*~*
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble on the road.
~Henry Ward Beecher
*~*~*
You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old when you stop laughing.
~Michael Pritchard

*~*~*
Today, we will live in the moment. Unless that moment is unpleasant, and then we will eat a cookie.
*~*~*

My Stories

Old 09-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #29854
Etoile
Mod, 2003-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceanne View Post
Holy cow. *hugs*

Well, at least they found out what was wrong, and can start helping you take care of it.
Yeah...I am pretty astonished! Apparently there are other issues that might need to be looked at, but she says fixing my thyroid might take care of them anyway, so we are just going to focus on that first, and see what changes.

I'm still shocked by the whole milk thing.

*hugs back!*

Old 09-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #29855
graceanne
iteroticalay urugay

Quote:
Yeah...I am pretty astonished! Apparently there are other issues that might need to be looked at, but she says fixing my thyroid might take care of them anyway, so we are just going to focus on that first, and see what changes.

*hugs back!*
I was friendly with this girl in high school. She was captain of the water polo team, ate really well, and was FAT. They figured out her thyroid was shot, and you could literally watch her lose weight. It was like it was dripping off her, she was losing weight overnight. It was kinda cool to watch, actually.

had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.
~Barbara Jordan
*~*~*
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
*~*~*
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble on the road.
~Henry Ward Beecher
*~*~*
You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old when you stop laughing.
~Michael Pritchard

*~*~*
Today, we will live in the moment. Unless that moment is unpleasant, and then we will eat a cookie.
*~*~*

My Stories

Old 09-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #29856
graceanne
iteroticalay urugay

*deep breath* I'm going to take band again. I haven't played in almost 15 years, so I'll probably suck, but it'll be fun.

I hope.

~Barbara Jordan
*~*~*
*~*~*
~Henry Ward Beecher
*~*~*
~Michael Pritchard

*~*~*
*~*~*

My Stories

Old 09-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #29857
Keroin
aKwatic

Quote:

*hugs back!*
I'm hypothyroid, have been for 27 years. Once you get it regulated it's nothing at all.

Weird about the milk. I don't drink cow milk at all.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #29858
ultramarineblue
Indefinable

The point of him stopping before he got here was to get the stuff that has to go on the bottom in the car. Now we'll have to unpack everything in the parking lot and repack it before heading for the hotel. It's going to be a loooooonnnng weekend.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #29859
gypsy*seer
Barefoot sage

Location: Near the lakes, forest, & ocean, on a river by the bay....
Quote:
*deep breath* I'm going to take band again. I haven't played in almost 15 years, so I'll probably suck, but it'll be fun.

I hope.
What instrument? I was clarinet, (I know)... and jazz guitar.

“Blessed are the weird people, poets, misfits, writers, mystics, painters and troubadours for they teach us to see the world through different eyes.” -Jacob Nordby

Old 09-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #29860
graceanne
iteroticalay urugay

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy*seer View Post
What instrument? I was clarinet, (I know)... and jazz guitar.
Clarinet. I played for ten years, then after graduation I didn't have anywhere to play, and clarinet is not really the kind of instrument you can play by yourself. Then my sister got old enough to play an instrument, and my mom couldn't afford one for her and I let her use it.

~Barbara Jordan
*~*~*
*~*~*
~Henry Ward Beecher
*~*~*
~Michael Pritchard

*~*~*
*~*~*

My Stories

Old 09-11-2010, 01:32 AM   #29861
Etoile
Mod, 2003-2015

Quote:
I was friendly with this girl in high school. She was captain of the water polo team, ate really well, and was FAT. They figured out her thyroid was shot, and you could literally watch her lose weight. It was like it was dripping off her, she was losing weight overnight. It was kinda cool to watch, actually.
Wow! I don't think it will be quite like that for me, but I wouldn't mind if I lost some weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroin View Post
I'm hypothyroid, have been for 27 years. Once you get it regulated it's nothing at all.

Weird about the milk. I don't drink cow milk at all.
My doctor said to do grass fed milk. Says grains are really really bad for you. She's also very anti soy which is unfortunate because I have been a vegetarian for 17 years and I love all things soy.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:35 AM   #29862
Etoile
Mod, 2003-2015

I really need to figure out how to deal with my sexual frustration, because I have wildly inappropriate fantasies that I really don't enjoy having.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:00 AM   #29863
Lizzie_Borden
Real & Spectacular

is it bad that I'm looking at my cousin's pics on facebook, and she has uploaded some photos from our grandfather's birthday, and that I wouldn't actually know which one he was if she hadn't captioned them?
"There was a moment last night, when she was sandwiched between the two Finnish dwaves and the Maori tribesman, where I thought, 'Wow, I could really spend the rest of my life with this woman.' What do you call that?"
"I think you call that love, D-Bone."

Old 09-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #29864
Keroin
aKwatic

Quote:
Wow! I don't think it will be quite like that for me, but I wouldn't mind if I lost some weight
Once you get on meds, I'm sure you'll see some weight loss. Low thyroid really messes with you.

Quote:
My doctor said to do grass fed milk. Says grains are really really bad for you. She's also very anti soy which is unfortunate because I have been a vegetarian for 17 years and I love all things soy.
I don't eat a lot of soy but I use low fat soy milk when I eat cereal, which isn't very often. I've done a ton of "food research" because of my endomitriosis, which is supposedly linked to food allergies. I don't think grains are bad for you, per se. The problem seems to be that we N.Americans just eat so damn much of them, especially wheat, (same with cow dairy). I went off all grains for awhile, when I was "fixing" my system, but now I eat whole grains, stuff like spelt, instead of wheat and everything is tickety boo.

ETA: But do avoid grapefruit when you're on the thyroid meds.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:29 AM   #29865
CutieMouse
Meticulously Flighty

The Hispanic family next door are celebrating their children's birthdays (the girl is 6, the boy 5). Which is lovely. Really.

What I'm not finding too terribly lovely is the pinata trash that's blowing all over the place, nor the very loud off key Mariachi music being belted out by tipsy party goers. About 150 feet from my bedroom windows.

Did I mention this has been going on since about 10AM this morning?

Old 09-12-2010, 05:13 AM   #29866
minx1
Enchanted Rebel Girl

Well that was harder than I ever imagined it could me.

I've put everything in the box, put the box in the bottom drawer and closed it.

Everythings gone now.

Wanted to do it before tomorrow. Didnt want to start another year with it hanging over me and traces of him everywhere

Brave of Heart

Sail away from the safe harbour.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain

Well, this little girl grew up and moved away.
And she lived her life full of risk and full of play.
And she lived her life with so much to say,
And her flowers, they grow more beautiful every day.
Little Red, Kate Nash

Betwixt and Between........this reluctant antevasin

"The very instant that I saw You did my heart fly to Your service; there resides to make me slave to it and for Your sake" William Shakespeare

"if one person can not trust the veracity of another's words, communication is utterly meaningless." JMohegan

Old 09-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #29867
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minx1 View Post

Everythings gone now.

Wanted to do it before tomorrow. Didnt want to start another year with it hanging over me and traces of him everywhere
That was an excellent idea to have done it before the new year, and in a sense making a "new year's resolution" to stop his hanging about, even mentally. You're doin' *good,* girl!

Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
[Jacked from Wenchie's friend's Facebook page. Thanks!]

If you or a loved one has been attacked by cancer
and you're not familiar with the "Fuck You, Cancer" thread,
please feel free to click the button above.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #29868
Lizzie_Borden
Real & Spectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Winston54 View Post
That was an excellent idea to have done it before the new year, and in a sense making a "new year's resolution" to stop his hanging about, even mentally. You're doin' *good,* girl!
Pssst.

It's her birthday tomorrow. That's the 'another year.'

(isn't it?)
"There was a moment last night, when she was sandwiched between the two Finnish dwaves and the Maori tribesman, where I thought, 'Wow, I could really spend the rest of my life with this woman.' What do you call that?"
"I think you call that love, D-Bone."

Old 09-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #29869
DeepGreenEyes
Whittled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie_Borden View Post
Pssst.

(isn't it?)
Yes. And I love the idea of removing the bad stuff on your birthday, which seems to me just as pleasant as getting the good stuff.

Maybe you should even wrap that box in black paper and a bow, Minx.

~ some poems

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." ~ W. Wonka

Old 09-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #29870
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie_Borden View Post
Pssst.

(isn't it?)
Yep - that's what I thought she meant. Cuz Yom Kippur isn't until Friday sundown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGreenEyes View Post
Yes. And I love the idea of removing the bad stuff on your birthday, which seems to me just as pleasant as getting the good stuff.

Maybe you should even wrap that box in black paper and a bow, Minx.
That's a *great* idea! (IMNSHO)

Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
[Jacked from Wenchie's friend's Facebook page. Thanks!]

If you or a loved one has been attacked by cancer
and you're not familiar with the "Fuck You, Cancer" thread,
please feel free to click the button above.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #29871
sweetnpetite
Intellectual snob

Location: Started from the bottom now I'm here. Asexual Top and bad girl gone good.
kneel
suck
lick
submit
worship

"Writing is like making love. Don't worry about the orgasm, just concentrate on the process." —Isabel Allende

You Are Strawberry Ice Cream
Sweet. Romanic. Genuine.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #29872
Keroin
aKwatic

Get out of my head with your stupid hero!!!!

(Can't stop listening....aaagggh)

Old 09-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #29873
graceanne
iteroticalay urugay

Quote:
Originally Posted by minx1 View Post

Everythings gone now.

Awesome!

Quote:
That's a *great* idea! (IMNSHO)
I agree.

~Barbara Jordan
*~*~*
*~*~*
~Henry Ward Beecher
*~*~*
~Michael Pritchard

*~*~*
*~*~*

My Stories

Last edited by graceanne : 09-13-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #29874
Etoile
Mod, 2003-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroin View Post
Once you get on meds, I'm sure you'll see some weight loss. Low thyroid really messes with you.

I don't eat a lot of soy but I use low fat soy milk when I eat cereal, which isn't very often. I've done a ton of "food research" because of my endomitriosis, which is supposedly linked to food allergies. I don't think grains are bad for you, per se. The problem seems to be that we N.Americans just eat so damn much of them, especially wheat, (same with cow dairy). I went off all grains for awhile, when I was "fixing" my system, but now I eat whole grains, stuff like spelt, instead of wheat and everything is tickety boo.

ETA: But do avoid grapefruit when you're on the thyroid meds.
Boo, I love grapefruit! But I can live without it.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #29875
Keroin
aKwatic

I'm updating L's stunt resume for him to send out to this film that's coming here. It's so funny because the first thing people ask when they find out what we used to do for a living is "What were you in?" and we always have to think for a minute, despite having well over a hundred credits each.

But, looking at this list, well, let's just say lots (most) of those movies and TV shows were less than memorable.

Anyone who remembers that thrilling TV series "Palace Guard", raise your hand...

*crickets*

Yep, that's what I thought. LOL. I can't remember two thirds of the stuff I worked on.

Closed Thread