Repeated favoriting and unfavoriting of stories

-Ripley-

Author
Why would someone favorite and then unfavorite my stories on a daily basis? Does that have some sort of effect on how my story would show up on the lists? It is almost every day by one individual. Mostly on one story but not only. There are several he/she is doing this to.

Why would someone favorite and then unfavorite my stories on a daily basis? Does that have some sort of effect on how my story would show up on the lists? It is almost every day by one individual. Mostly on one story but not only. There are several he/she is doing this to.

Some readers use the favorites to bookmark a story or author. I don't know why someone would do it over and over. That is a sign of aberrant behavior.

And just to be clear (because I did find a similar question from some time ago), I totally get that temporary favoriting may be bookmarking. I do that myself when I don't have time to read it at that moment.

This is one person on a daily basis who favorites and later unfavorites one specific story repeated and has been doing so for at least a couple of months. I just finally got curious as to if there is any impact from doing it.

And just to be clear (because I did find a similar question from some time ago), I totally get that temporary favoriting may be bookmarking. I do that myself when I don't have time to read it at that moment.

This is one person on a daily basis who favorites and later unfavorites one specific story repeated and has been doing so for at least a couple of months. I just finally got curious as to if there is any impact from doing it.

At the time of the favorite you will one more person who had favorited your story. When they unfavorite there will be one less.

Other than that, there will be no impact on any other stat.

They could be checking the daily variation in the time it takes for a new favorite to show up in your count.

Or... they could be conducting a psychological experiment on your daily mood swing from the euphoric high of a new favorite to the abject despair of losing it. In which case, it's someone you know.

Or... it could be a bug in the system which keeps adding and subtracting the same favorite everyday.

Or... you could be stuck in a time warp, reliving the same Literotica day over and over again till the end of time. On that day you were favorited and unfavorited once.

Or... the reader could have very short term memory loss and they don't remember reading and favoriting that story. Imagine the joy they feel each day when they come across it anew.

I really need to get some sleep now. :)

Or simply a nutjob.

Never mind these peculiar species which seem to be abundant everywhere on the internet these days. Favouring a story doesn't affect anything, it's the votes that matters to how your story shows.

Long ramble short, just ignore that piece of shit.

This has happened to me several times of late. I even messaged one of them to find out why, because one generally either likes or dislikes a story. They don't generally like a story and then suddenly stop.

You are the victim of a reader who has the 'Groundhog Day' syndrome. He/she relives every day by favoriting and unfavoriting your story. What other explanation can there be? :confused:

I have one person who favs me as an author once every couple of weeks or so then un-favorites me a couple of days later. Been going on for about a year now...

I have another person who will fav a half dozen stories at a time then a week later un-fave them. Now that I can see is him reading them then moving on, but he is working his way down my list, why not just bookmark me?

I wondered about why this happened. Thanks for posting this thread.

I have one person who favs me as an author once every couple of weeks or so then un-favorites me a couple of days later. Been going on for about a year now...

I have another person who will fav a half dozen stories at a time then a week later un-fave them. Now that I can see is him reading them then moving on, but he is working his way down my list, why not just bookmark me?

Glad to know I'm not alone with this. I've been confused as hell about it.

I've been getting a lot of that lately as well.

Besides the bookmarking explanation, it's possible that someone isn't seeing their favorite register, and is trying to get it to do so by un-favoriting and trying again.

The attention-seeker is also a possibility.

Probably a combination of all of the above.

I think it's mostly just bookmarking what they want to come back and read and then unbookmarking at some point (whether they came back and read or not) and not thinking in any way what the effect is or even that they've done it before on the same author/story. I've sometimes thought of dinging the reader about it--because it is very annoying--but have decided that would just open a can of worms with the reader.

Here's the most recent record of one of mine. The same reader and the same story involved in all of these:

9th, favorite, then un-favorite.
10th, same as above.
12th Favorited.
13th Un-favorite.
17th Favorite.
20th Unfavorite.

If that's bookmarking activity, it's some weird shit LOL It's a story from 2012 that only has a middling score that's not showing up on the toplist, or anywhere else, really.

Here's the most recent record of one of mine. The same reader and the same story involved in all of these:

9th, favorite, then un-favorite.
10th, same as above.
12th Favorited.
13th Un-favorite.
17th Favorite.
20th Unfavorite.

If that's bookmarking activity, it's some weird shit LOL It's a story from 2012 that only has a middling score that's not showing up on the toplist, or anywhere else, really.
Dark, by any chance does the user name start with P and end with One (all one word)?

Same here. Same dude. Weird, huh.

They obviously have a lot of time to read because they fav about four of mine at a time then unfav them a couple of days later, my assumption is they are reading them but who knows?

Especially if they are doing this to so many authors. I mean just think of how many authors are on this site as opposed to the few here on the boards and he is looking at a lot of ours.

Unless they are a forum troll....I wonder if one bombs correspond with the un-favoriting?

Back