GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day all!

Wow, things have been busy in here-nice to see! I will try to catch up, please forgive me if I have missed a few important details along the way. Also, please live with my typos as I am trying multi-focal contacts instead of glasses and I don't know if I am always seeing the letters correctly.

light-sorry to hear about your job, it sounds like it was done very quickly and without warning. I have never had that happen to me, so I can't say I know how you are feeling, but I do hope you can adjust well and something even better comes along. In the meantime, if you decide you are going to take your severance package and travel, you know you have a place or three to stay in Alberta. I am really trying not to picture your mom as a storm trooper with her helmet hair. Have you ever seen Thumb Wars? It is a hilarious spoof, so is Space Balls actually. But I digress. Thank you for asking about my mom, she is doing well. It's been two years now and no sign of the cancer returning. She is on experimental medication and had radiation and a partial masectomy. She is 74 now and getting a little forgetful and a little moodier than before. My dad had a mini-sstroke a few weeks back and it has slowed him down but he is stubborn and has no desire to live a decreased life so he is doing everything the doctor has told him to do and is recovering well. Oh that was quite a run on sentence, which reminds me I have to proof my son's cover letter. And that reminds me that maybe me and C can finally meet diz and her wife as my son lives in Edmonton while he attends U of A!

diz-Wow, that sounds like a wicked case of food poisoning, I am sorry the system is working so slowly to get you in as a Canadian, I hope your tax refund will cover your bill. Not a fun way to spend it, but at least you have something coming in.
That is great that you and K get to move closer to family. Edmonton has a great arts scene. It is a government city, out on the flatlands, sort of. There is a big river and subsequent valley that gives some relief and you are about four hours from the mountains. Jasper is a great little town in the Rockies. You will be about three hours from Calgary, which is one +hour from Banff, so you can do all sorts of mountain exploring. There is also a mountain road that joins the two, with a million trials and walks that start right off of it.

gia, (I love yer boobs)

Rana, sorry you always miss everyone. Maybe we need an Aussie thread, so you all can meet up there when there is no-one in your regular thread. Not that we don't want you or anything, but I know what you mean, when you want to talk and no-one is around in can be very frustrating.

Espie-I just moved my hands, you missed your chance to peek girl!:devil:

Sexy-Glad to see you pop in and out from time to time.

Hello Corbin and welcome. I haven't been around too much this winter. I am quite shy and reserved but I am sure you will get to know me a little over time.

Jaz-hey girl. I have always found thunderstorms to be energizing and exciting.I love the way the can clear the air. What is it that you don't like about them?

Hopefully I got everyone, I am going by memory for 6 pages of Vibing.

As for me, I was laid up last week, ended up in emerg for a few hours with what they thought was a gallbladder attack of some sort, but in the end they decided it was a virus causing muscle spasms in my back and bowels. Morphine was not nearly as much fun as I thought it would be. :( The other pain meds they gave me just messed up my system over all, so it took a few days to get back to normal. Luckily I had an appointment already with my herbalist, so she has me on some homeopathic spasmodic herbs and that seems to be working best of all. And, completely unrelated, I can slowly start re-introducing some food. This week-eggs! So far so good. I am starting with things I am pretty sure I don't have a problem with. It's nice to have a sense of wellness with food. She thought one day maybe even gluten and dairy could go back in, possibly, but I have had problems with those for years so I will continue on without those items for the time being.

I am not even a big fan of eating eggs per se, but it does make gluten free baking so much easier. I think next Friday I will add sugar back in, then most of the recipes I have found can be easily accomplished.

And, a friend I made on my last mule-packing trip called me up and has arranged for me and C to ride down the Baja with them from San Diego. It should be so much fun exploring with these adventurers. That's in April, about one month from now.

OK-I am supposed to be getting ready for a big board meeting tonight and I have not finished my prep. So, I will pop in later to see if anyone is around. It will be my reward for certain milestones achieved.

Have a great day beautiful people:)

MOOD-great!

MUSIC-none, my roommate is watching the View.

UNDERS-none, I am just in my comfy sweat stuff while I do paperwork.

:kiss::kiss::kiss:
 
gia, (I love yer boobs)
girl are you tryin to cull favor?:kiss::heart::rose: Certainly you are saying the right things. lol Thank you.:cattail:


Hello Corbin and welcome. I haven't been around too much this winter. I am quite shy and reserved but I am sure you will get to know me a little over time.
*smerk* I like the shy part.:eek:

I am so sorry you have been so sick. *hugs*:rose: We do miss you. I need help keeping all these young gals in check. Rambunctious group.:cool:
I was slow this morning. It was Lights fault, but it was fun drinking those screwdrivers. Maybe we can do libations again tonight.:D Everyone can join us. Oh! Hi everyone! :kiss::heart:
 
Seems like you're the only guy here, true. But we used to have a few more gentlemen in here. Dunno where they went tho? Would be nice to have a more well rounded community in here.


Did someone say gentleman?
Us Brits are the quintissential gentleman..;)
 
Gia,:)
I got wine spritzers to happily share!
:devil:
thumbnail.aspx

Special ones for any gentlemen (w/Brit accents) who may drop by. All that means is the glass is more masculine, in case that's preferable for anyone.;) Oh yeah! Gotta be 21 yrs and over to participate!:cool:
thumbnail.aspx
 
Dear Lezli,
Thank you, I truly appreciate the positive words you sent my way.
You are gifted at not missing a beat. That's one thing gluten intolerance has been unable to tarnish.
tulips.jpg


I got some gluten free coconut macaroons somewhere....ransacking pantry and kitchen...
*
c77595fbed72df60
9219a6598bccc740
a2d62a9f160b70be
af_pancake_baking.jpg


*scratches right temple*
Perhaps all the macaroons are done? :eek:

How's this instead?

biere_mess.gif

biere_mess_rousse.gif


I do not know what it has been like for you at all. Especially, in this latest chapter. I wanted to let you know that you are in my positive thoughts.
You're a tough cookie. Yet, I feel compelled to let you know that we are all lucky to have you here at Vibeland. You make the neighbourhood feel warm and comfortable. You keep it together, as you keep us together here.
I am happy to read about your Mom, your Dad and that you and your C have have April's Adventure planned. (sounds like a movie title huh?)

Your tenacity, your amazing attitude, strength, wit and humour is collectively going to kick the arse of any physical malady you are battling right now.
Until then, we look forward to your next visit.

:rose:
light
 
Gia,:)
I got wine spritzers to happily share!
:devil:
thumbnail.aspx

Special ones for any gentlemen (w/Brit accents) who may drop by. All that means is the glass is more masculine, in case that's preferable for anyone.;) Oh yeah! Gotta be 21 yrs and over to participate!:cool:
thumbnail.aspx
ooo boy looks good dear.:kiss::heart::rose: I need to run and take care of my friend, it should not be too long. She is sick and needs help.
 
Hey diz,
I hope your tummy is behaving now. That's got..
ta be scary.
You were missed, its always a nice surprise for me when I see your post/quote. Kinda like getting a gift certificate in the mail.
*hugs*
light
 
You weren't late. Right on time! :rose:



:) Nice to see you today as well! :rose:

Aww, you really are a gentleman!

Hey diz,
I hope your tummy is behaving now. That's got..
ta be scary.
You were missed, its always a nice surprise for me when I see your post/quote. Kinda like getting a gift certificate in the mail.
*hugs*
light

I am, thank you! The bill was a pretty good kick of reality, but hey. I'm alive.

*hugs* I'm sorry to hear (read) about all the stuff you've been going through. I hope this universe corrects it self soon, for all of us!

And while it's correcting itself, how about correcting this frickin' climate change already, too!
 
Well said diz.
I will use my magic powers to give you the weather you wish for.

Any requests Corbin?
You get a beginner's wish.
 
Gladly! White or pomegranate?

(How is your friend doing btw?)

Pomegranate please :rose: She is having a rough day, went grocery shopping and could not get up the stairs at home much less carry them up.
I helped her and brought the groceries up, made sure she had a drink and food. She was resting when I left.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top