Random Gamer Silliness

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not so much mocking Chinese as the silliness of the thing. It's me being an idiot, not Chinese people being idiots. I make sure all my kick-ass officers have int and charisma of 100. It's not their fault I am easily amused.

Chinese names are funny! It doesn't mean they're not great people. Most of them are a hell of a lot smarter than me. But I'm sorry, if a guy is named Long Wang, I'm gonna laugh.

It's not so much mocking Chinese as the silliness of the thing. It's me being an idiot, not Chinese people being idiots. I make sure all my kick-ass officers have int and charisma of 100. It's not their fault I am easily amused.

It is your fault you send them off to die in pointless battles though. I forget what game it was but I swear I had a general I was actively trying to kill and the bastard just kept shrugging it off.

It is your fault you send them off to die in pointless battles though. I forget what game it was but I swear I had a general I was actively trying to kill and the bastard just kept shrugging it off.

*nods* Sephiroth syndrome. Unkillable fucker.

Chinese names are funny! It doesn't mean they're not great people. Most of them are a hell of a lot smarter than me. But I'm sorry, if a guy is named Long Wang, I'm gonna laugh.

If my name sounds like "flatulent sunrise" in some other language, I'm laughing too.

*nods* Sephiroth syndrome. Unkillable fucker.

I've played both Kingdom Hearts proper games. Sephi isn't invincible. He's just a bastard but if you man up and realize that you're the fucking hero of this story he'll go down.

I've played both Kingdom Hearts proper games. Sephi isn't invincible. He's just a bastard but if you man up and realize that you're the fucking hero of this story he'll go down.

My daughter and son played Kingdom Hearts. I remember my daughter keeping score. She was soooo frustrated trying to kill him. She had a tally. It had a ridiculous amount of hash marks, Sephiroth 47, her 0. My son kept telling her he could do it and that just pissed her off more. When it was his turn, he actually killed him first try. So he has Aspergers and is a game savant...he gets one area where he gets to kick all our asses. If only he didn't ENJOY it so much.

I know Seph from the original Final Fantasy game and also my adored "Advent Children" and he of course, never really dies.

But he killed Aeris! ASSHOLE!

My daughter has it too. I remember her playing a whole game of Dragon Age with a character named "Sun Iamdisappoint" and giggling her way through it.

She also did horrible things to her Adoring Fan in Oblivion, putting him in a display case, I believe. In her home where she dropped every potion and gem and random bit of crap just to see how many objects it would take to make the game lock up. She's awesome.

My daughter and son played Kingdom Hearts. I remember my daughter keeping score. She was soooo frustrated trying to kill him. She had a tally. It had a ridiculous amount of hash marks, Sephiroth 47, her 0. My son kept telling her he could do it and that just pissed her off more. When it was his turn, he actually killed him first try. So he has Aspergers and is a game savant...he gets one area where he gets to kick all our asses. If only he didn't ENJOY it so much.

I know Seph from the original Final Fantasy game and also my adored "Advent Children" and he of course, never really dies.

But he killed Aeris! ASSHOLE!

I have a worse one. My sister and I were playing GTA: San Andreas and one of the side missions is this wreck em car rally where you have to drive through all these check points. We're there for like three hours just frustrated as hell. My little brother asks for a shot. So we hand it over. He drives through a few, fucks up but then gets side swiped and is pushed through the next three points.

Advent Children. It's like Squaresoft got down on their knees opened their mouths and asked what would make us happy. Tifa bouncy? Yep. Victory Music? Yeah we got that too. Giant Monster? Yep. Somehow all your friends are in the right spot to launch you into the sky? Absolutely. Sephi? Yep. Does it make sense? Uh. . .shut up and enjoy your omnislash. Omnislash! SqUEEEEEEEEEE

Aeris. No tits, no ninja. No cares.

I have a worse one. My sister and I were playing GTA: San Andreas and one of the side missions is this wreck em car rally where you have to drive through all these check points. We're there for like three hours just frustrated as hell. My little brother asks for a shot. So we hand it over. He drives through a few, fucks up but then gets side swiped and is pushed through the next three points.

Advent Children. It's like Squaresoft got down on their knees opened their mouths and asked what would make us happy. Tifa bouncy? Yep. Victory Music? Yeah we got that too. Giant Monster? Yep. Somehow all your friends are in the right spot to launch you into the sky? Absolutely. Sephi? Yep. Does it make sense? Uh. . .shut up and enjoy your omnislash. Omnislash! SqUEEEEEEEEEE

Aeris. No tits, no ninja. No cares.

I LOVED Advent Children so much. And I know my daughter got the ringtone at least for a while. It was a really good day to be a die-hard fan. Aeris made me cry.

My daughter and I tried to play Fatal Frame but it just freaked both of us out so badly that my husband finally took mercy on us. She and I kept screwing up and I was the worst. As soon as the controller started to throb in my hands I'd just throw the thing.

So he played through the game so we could see the ending, then played through it AGAIN so we could see the alternate ending, and then played through it AGAIN so we could see the final difficulty ending.

My daughter is also really good at mini games so there were so many times when I'd play a game like "Fable" and ask her to make me enough money to buy a particular sword...

2 thumbs up for this post.

I'd also like to raise my thumbs in support of Fallout love. I haven't been good at video games since MarioKart 64 and I'm one of those annoying girls that refers to anything with a controller as "nintendo," but I used to beg, BEG one of my old boyfriends to play Fallout and let me watch. Everything about it was so cool - the story, creatures (I can't remember what any of them are called), the music from the 40s. Now that was some good nintendo.

I'd also like to raise my thumbs in support of Fallout love. I haven't been good at video games since MarioKart 64 and I'm one of those annoying girls that refers to anything with a controller as "nintendo," but I used to beg, BEG one of my old boyfriends to play Fallout and let me watch. Everything about it was so cool - the story, creatures (I can't remember what any of them are called), the music from the 40s. Now that was some good nintendo.

MarioKart was sooo much fun to play as a family, four controllers and lots of smack talk.

I watched lots of people play Fallout, it is a really good game.

I think the only game that really freaked my husband out was "Bioshock" - he eventually stopped playing because the little sisters were just too creepy and he didn't want to have to kill them or save them...just...make them stop.

I would so do Sepiroth in a heartbeat, that bad ass Aeris killer.

I have a suspicion I'd rather BE him than do him. But, you know, whatever I can get.

I do know that I had his picture as my avatar for a while and there's a thread with me acting like him. It came off of some sort of silly internet quiz about what video character you'd be, and I faked the answers until I got the right combination.

Husband, son and daughter just commence to snore when it's on the screen, fortunately I now have the computer version and I avoid the public humiliation of enjoying the boring. The only good thing I ever heard about it was that Orson Scott Card used the original game as an inspiration when writing "Ender's Game."

MMO's are awesome. Met Ulaven in an MMO years ago. There's an advantage to being a girl, certainly, or at least there used to be. We were unheard of and this sort of myth, like girls didn't really exist. Of course now the chat clients make it clear there really are girls out there.

For all the fun I've had, MMO's can have my soul, it's worth it.

I'll have to see if I can find a copy. What system? I also want to find a copy of Gemfire...an old Sega game. Loved that game, also strategy, also probably boring to everyone else.

I also miss Toe Jam and Earl.

Ender's Game is awesome... Orson Scott Card however, is not.

:D

Ender's Game is awesome... Orson Scott Card however, is not.

:D

He has written one of the best books that kicks my ass every time I read it - "Lost Boys" - I finally got it in audio version and he even narrates a personal section about what led him to write the book and why, which extends my ass-kicked crying for about an hour.

It's gorgeous, it's perfect, it's one of the best things I've ever, ever read...

But yes, he's a bit of a douche. Alas. Being able to create art that touches truth does not indicate you're a decent human being.

I think the only game that really freaked my husband out was "Bioshock" - he eventually stopped playing because the little sisters were just too creepy and he didn't want to have to kill them or save them...just...make them stop.

I hadn't heard of "Bioshock" or "little sisters" so I went to go ask my uncle Google and aunt YouTube. Eeeee! "Harvest"!? And big daddies make creepy noises.

I hadn't heard of "Bioshock" or "little sisters" so I went to go ask my uncle Google and aunt YouTube. Eeeee! "Harvest"!? And big daddies make creepy noises.

I know, right? It's a really creepy game. Ulaven's tough, but he didn't think the prospect of ripping the spines out of messed up little girls was a fun entertainment choice.

I tried to play that a few times, couldn't quite get into it.

I'm much more of a fantasy game player. I love games with crafting systems. That's why I love EQII so much. I can make anything and solo my way through all content.

Apocalypse and even Sci Fi not as much of a draw. I like pretty and fun. I don't necessarily play for a challenge but for a chance to achieve little silly goals with regularity for that little meaningless accomplishment hit of brain chemistry.

If it's a really good game and I get addicted, though, I'll play it to death. Knights of the Old Republic was mined for every last bit of fun. Dragon Age was obsessed over for months. Final Fantasy games resulted in hundreds of happy gameplay hours.

The achievements I've gotten on Civilization are just plain silly in their breadth of wasted time.

I tend to enjoy wrecking house. Give me a good Devil May Cry and you'll be wondering just how I'm juggling two guys slashing a third, switching to the three peice nunchucks before ripping someone's head off. Also fighting games.

I tend to enjoy wrecking house. Give me a good Devil May Cry and you'll be wondering just how I'm juggling two guys slashing a third, switching to the three peice nunchucks before ripping someone's head off. Also fighting games.

My son and husband are really good at those games. I don't have the focus or the talent. I'll never be as good at it or get the same visceral joy they get from it.

I'm more happy with being able to create something. Preferably with a silly name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back