choosing a category part 2

M

Mister_Chris

Guest
Sex Island Chapter 3 just got approved.

I've put it under group sex, and it qualifies (1 guy, 3 girls). But it could just as easily qualify as Incest (mom, 2 daughters) or non consent (tied to a bed). Oh, and Anal. Let's not forget Anal. Or the rough sex component.

So, I dunno. Mixed bag.

Which kinda takes me back to choosing the right category for a story. Group sex, Incest, and non consent are all major parts of the story, and good cases could be made for putting the story in any of those categories.

I wonder what effect putting a story in the 'wrong' category will have on the scores.

Huh. Guess I'll find out.
 
Other writers with more experience than me will give good advice.

As an avid reader, it seems to me that Incest gets a big following, with Group sex a bit behind. Non-con vies with Group Sex with Anal not such a popular cat.

Without knowing any details of your story, I would suggest Incest for the cat and use lots of story tags to give extra encouragement to readers.

Lovecraft is probably the most experienced in this area.

Good Luck
 
I've included incest in my Group stories and groups in my Incest stories.
Those catted as Incest get more views.
The Group pieces get higher vote scores.
So, what do you want, eyeballs or brownie points?
Your choice.
 
I've included incest in my Group stories and groups in my Incest stories.
Those catted as Incest get more views.
The Group pieces get higher vote scores.
So, what do you want, eyeballs or brownie points?
Your choice.


You pose a good question.

I would guess that a new writer here would want to start with eyeballs to get a following before progressing to brownie points - and later - publishing.
 
You pose a good question.

I would guess that a new writer here would want to start with eyeballs to get a following before progressing to brownie points - and later - publishing.

When I started writing in LIT about 16 months ago, my first goal was to get high scores. At one point, about 40% of my about 60 stories had the Red-H tag. Glory! I assumed that a Red-H would draw eyeballs -- hey, readers want the best stories, right?

Wrong. Some of my Red-H tales have among my fewest views. My most-read pieces are my lowest-scored, mostly. The right category gives me eyeballs and reactions -- I have AFFECTED a reader, provoked them to respond. I've done my job then. :D
 
Incest is a 'trump category', it belongs there. With a message at the beginning warning that it contains other elements.
 
I've seen another thread today on a story including incest that was posted to a different category. I too thought that incest trumped everything else in placement. Is there an intentional Web site trending away from that now?
 
Re Incest as trump cat: If that's the main theme of the story, then yes. If it's NOT the main focus, then maybe. As well as Group, I have also included incestuous incidents in Mature and Fetish stories, and will do so in SciFi and Romance pieces now underway or planned. I'll include 'incest' as a tag in those, same as I would to announce any multiracial or other significant elements.
 
Re Incest as trump cat: If that's the main theme of the story, then yes.

I don't think that's been the criterion in the years I've been posting to Lit. With one exception (GM--which has trumped even Incest when it's GM incest), I think the hard rule has been any treatment of incest in its widest application has been put in Incest/Taboo--unless the placement was something overlooked by the Lit. editor.
 
I don't think that's been the criterion in the years I've been posting to Lit. With one exception (GM--which has trumped even Incest when it's GM incest), I think the hard rule has been any treatment of incest in its widest application has been put in Incest/Taboo--unless the placement was something overlooked by the Lit. editor.

I must run now and will have to debate this later. I can only recount my own experience, and suggest that different types of incest are involved. Cya soon.
 
Back
Top