Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops!

My wife is researching her family history. Today she received several copies of marriage and death certificates.

She asked me to interpret one of the death certificates. I told her that the doctor's reasons for death (translated from medical terminology) were 1. TB and 2. coughing up blood for 3 days.

Her response: "So he had TB, was coughing up blood, and it was a terminal illness?"

I asked her what was I reading?

A DEATH certificate.

Doh!

And then there was the lawyer who questioned a medical examiner:

"Tell me... If someone dies in their sleep, when morning comes, will they know it?"

The ME responded:

"Just what is it about death that you don't understand?"

This is the part of the afternoon I fear the most. The Architect could show up at any minute, and I won't be able to relax until he doesn't, or he does and then leaves again.

I want this project to be finished already :(

Lit Maintenance Day

For some, Lit withdrawal is a bitch but the place smells so clean after it's done.

In winter, I watch the seagulls fly up the valley. The sharp contrast of their whiteness against the dark background of the leafless timbered hill at the far side of the river valley makes them easy to see.

In winter, I watch the seagulls fly up the valley. The sharp contrast of their whiteness against the dark background of the leafless timbered hill at the far side of the river valley makes them easy to see.

Sometimes I miss the ubiquitous seagulls in California, I like the way they sound, but most of the time I really don't. Flying rats is what we used to call them.

Ow! I had a tooth extracted this morning. It had been loose for a month and I had difficulty eating over Christmas and New Year.

The bad news: I will have to replace my partial dentures.

The good news: I lost 7lbs in the last month and I'm back at the weight I was when I was 18 when my teeth were irreparably damaged in several Rugby matches. I'm now only 217 lbs.

Not sure what's worse to find in your new office: a live cockroach, or one that's dead and in pieces, collecting dust.

I found both.

I just ordered $130 in death metal. I don't know if I should be spending so much, maybe I did it because my head is swollen from a cold, but fuckit, I want more metal in my iPod.

Not sure what's worse to find in your new office: a live cockroach, or one that's dead and in pieces, collecting dust.

I found both.

That's easy; a dead cockroach could easily mean that the pest control folk have been through and have done their job. A live cockroach is never a good sign.

The clodhopper somehow believes that knowing things that are common knowledge to any intelligent third-grader will impress people.

That he's incapable of walking away from an argument without getting the last word in is the telltale sign of a massively insecure personality.

He thinks that pontificating his reactionary political views on an erotica discussion board constitutes contributing to the discussions.

He pays attention to no one else but himself and calls that a discussion. He runs threads where, for years, he doesn't notice that it's just him talking to himself.

He's an impotent blowhard, not being able to do anything but rant irrelevantly on the Internet.

If he voiced his third-grade views on a discussion board that was actually relevant to his rants, he'd be torn apart and sail home crying to momma.

Last edited:
I LOVE it when people know themselves so well (and speak in the third person about themselves). ;)

It's what F. Ross Johnson ( he of RJR-Nabisco fame in Barbarians At The Gate ) called a "BGO*."

* Blinding Glimpse of the Obvious

This evening me and a girlfriend saw "The Lion King" 3D in one of the biggest cinemas
in Copenhagen. It was the original voices in English and no text up at the screen.

It was beautiful and breath taking!

Hakuna Matata. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back