How to ... write a PM to a woman

I have read all the previous pages and now I feel I am ready to send a PM. But just to be on the safe side is there an exam I can sit to see if I have graduated? I am not the most confident guy in the Northern hemisphere so would some lovely sexy lady now PM me please to see how we get on.
I said get ON missus - not get OFF. Leave that until Friday.!

I have read all the previous pages and now I feel I am ready to send a PM. But just to be on the safe side is there an exam I can sit to see if I have graduated? I am not the most confident guy in the Northern hemisphere so would some lovely sexy lady now PM me please to see how we get on.
I said get ON missus - not get OFF. Leave that until Friday.!

An exam! How did I not think of that?

Shocked to arrive here after my intensive crash course on PMs to discover I haven't got one!
Higher Diploma is the only way forward.

It's a continuous assessment exam. Diploma issued after it is decided that the PMs are of sufficient standard to arouse interest - and other things!!

It's a continuous assessment exam. Diploma issued after it is decided that the PMs are of sufficient standard to arouse interest - and other things!!

That sounds like hard work ...

I was thinking about this today, actually, after a particularly arduous exchange with someone in a completely different fora. Ultimately, I think the solution is 'be yourself, and just accept that not everyone is going to like that person ... and that's OK. If we all liked the same things, the world would be really boring'.

(Also, don't suggest that oral sex is contingent on them not having an STI. I think we all know that - it doesn't need to be stated out loud.)

That sounds like hard work ...

I was thinking about this today, actually, after a particularly arduous exchange with someone in a completely different fora. Ultimately, I think the solution is 'be yourself, and just accept that not everyone is going to like that person ... and that's OK. If we all liked the same things, the world would be really boring'.

(Also, don't suggest that oral sex is contingent on them not having an STI. I think we all know that - it doesn't need to be stated out loud.)

I don't remember talking about oral sex!
But now that you brought it up - it's a favourite topic of mine. I can talk and talk about sex all day!
(joking)
You are so right about communicating. Be yourself has to be the motto

I don't remember talking about oral sex!
But now that you brought it up - it's a favourite topic of mine. I can talk and talk about sex all day!
(joking)
You are so right about communicating. Be yourself has to be the motto

LOL - no, that was related to a different thing in a different place entirely. But it probably should be Tip #11: try not to imply that the other person has an STI within the first ten messages you exchange.

2½ Cents

This has probably already covered, but (from a guy point of view):

• Don’t start a p.m. conversation that you are not willing to follow through on (presuming there is a compatibility). I.e., don’t just flake out without saying goodbye.

• Please identify your gender in your profile; these days it can be difficult to suss out and awkward to start a conversation.

• Try to find out what the other person’s time zone is: frustrating to start a conversation that ends because one is in Europe and the other is in California. People do have to go to sleep sometimes. :)

• There is a balance between doing some simple research on what the other person’s posts have been on the one hand, and obsessing on the other hand. Just look at a few of their recent posts to get a sense of whether you are likely to be compatible.

• Sure guys, don’t send cock pictures unless and until you have gotten fairly well acquainted and it is part of the ‘us’ of the conversation. You wouldn’t whip out your cock in a bar when you first meet her would you?

• On the other hand: I have been surprised at how quickly some women want to get into down and dirty conversation.

• A picture is worth a thousand…you know. I like to incorporate relevant links or images into the conversation; makes it much more interesting. Not *just* pictures, but the right one at the right time is an upgrade. Cut and paste is easy.

• Please respond with *something*. My father had a saying about nonresponsive people: “They didn’t say yes, no, or go to hell”. A polite ‘No thank you’ is surely not hard to write.

One more thing: if you and I should happen to have a p.m. conversation, feel free to remind of my own advice. ;)

Cheers...

Those might not actually be women.

Well, if they were, they had me fooled! And they went to an awful lot of trouble manufacturing whatever fake persona they presented. I have also used the Literotica Chat rooms fairly often and so far, do not think I have been faked out. I do agree, however, that it is possible to be fooled. Will be on my guard; thanks!

txgent101 said:
Please respond with *something*. My father had a saying about nonresponsive people: “They didn’t say yes, no, or go to hell”. A polite ‘No thank you’ is surely not hard to write.

Not a single person here owes you a written response. No response IS a response. It usually means "not interested." Many women will not reply if the answer is "no thanks" because saying nothing is better than turning some men down. "No thanks" is often met with insults and abuse.

As a woman that has said "not interested" type responses, I've been called a fat, ugly bitch and have gotten other abusive responses. If someone doesn't respond, just leave them alone.

Follow-ups?

Not a single person here owes you a written response. No response IS a response. It usually means "not interested." Many women will not reply if the answer is "no thanks" because saying nothing is better than turning some men down. "No thanks" is often met with insults and abuse.

As a woman that has said "not interested" type responses, I've been called a fat, ugly bitch and have gotten other abusive responses. If someone doesn't respond, just leave them alone.

I am sorry that you were sent those abusive responses. No one deserves that.

One can look at a profile to see if the person has been active since the p.m. was sent. Do you think it appropriate to send a follow-up p.m. after, say, a couple of days? Or how many days to wait until the other shoe tumbles and you realize it is a no-go situation? Thanks.

One can look at a profile to see if the person has been active since the p.m. was sent. Do you think it appropriate to send a follow-up p.m. after, say, a couple of days? Or how many days to wait until the other shoe tumbles and you realize it is a no-go situation? Thanks.

I generally will not write again if an initial hello goes unanswered.

Very rarely someone will post something in a thread saying that they accidentally deleted all of their PMs, or got overwhelmed by the response to an ad they placed. In those cases, it may be worth sending another note along with an explanation. Otherwise, I just assume that my message fell flat, for whatever reason.

If you have never talked to the person before, it's best to just leave them alone after no response. People have different reasons for not PMing back. If they somehow deleted everything like Blase mentioned, then they might make an announcement somewhere, in that case resend your message. Otherwise, they may not be responding at the moment. For example, I sometimes post on the board but don't get to my messages right away. I use my phone so I check things at my leisure and respond according to how I feel or how much time I have. If someone sends me multiple messages wanting a response from me and I don't know them, I'll just put them on ignore.

Also, if someone puts you on their ignore list your PMs will never make it to them and you won't know about it. The message will "send" like normal and the receiver will never see it because they never get it. That's if they've Ignored you.

If you have never talked to the person before, it's best to just leave them alone after no response. People have different reasons for not PMing back. If they somehow deleted everything like Blase mentioned, then they might make an announcement somewhere, in that case resend your message. Otherwise, they may not be responding at the moment. For example, I sometimes post on the board but don't get to my messages right away. I use my phone so I check things at my leisure and respond according to how I feel or how much time I have. If someone sends me multiple messages wanting a response from me and I don't know them, I'll just put them on ignore.

Also, if someone puts you on their ignore list your PMs will never make it to them and you won't know about it. The message will "send" like normal and the receiver will never see it because they never get it. That's if they've Ignored you.

Thanks, appreciate the advice. Happy p.m.-ing to us all...

I think you're earlier points were good. Its intimidating reaching out into the PMsphere, especially for guys.

It can be but if you don't act like an ass, the worst thing that happens is no reply. I e actually been getting a number of PMs initiated by women lately. I think it's just as intimidating for them.

It can be but if you don't act like an ass, the worst thing that happens is no reply. I e actually been getting a number of PMs initiated by women lately. I think it's just as intimidating for them.

It's not.
You pervs always write back.

Like Meek says, no response is a response. Even if I'm super busy I will usually reply within a few days. And no, don't send a follow up PM.

I don't know if this has been mentioned because I'm too lazy to read this entire thread, but I have found it's generally a good idea to PM a woman using a language that she is fluent in, or at least proficient. Unless you're going for that whole "mysterious" vibe, in which case I guess choose whatever fucking language you want.

Back