What are your LIT goals?

Hmmm, sounds like my Grandmother E. (Yes, E) too. Maybe we're related.

The only other writer in my family that I'm aware of is an aunt. She wrote a book once and trunked it. You seem a little more daring and less likely to wear a skirt.

The only other writer in my family that I'm aware of is an aunt. She wrote a book once and trunked it. You seem a little more daring and less likely to wear a skirt.

Yes, contrary to what some here probably think, I wouldn't be caught dead in a skirt (or makeup, except on stage).

A novel I have serialized on Lit. (Wolf Creek) is patterned on my Grandmother E., and in many aspects (other than that connection in the Orient and the death scene--she got out of that one and lived another not as exciting twenty years) cuts close, if pushed for entertainment value, to reality.

I didn't really think about goals when I decided to write a story and submit it (hopefully it will be submitted soon) but after some thought, my present goal is to find out if I actually enjoy writing and then to see if I'm any good at it. Nearly all categories listed on the Lit site I would like to try my hand at.

What are your LIT goals?

For 2015 I have the following LITEROTICA goals:

2,500,000 story VIEWS

4,000 "recent activities"

23,000 VOTES

and continuing scouriesworld THREADMASTERING of the top threads in AHland

...for starters anyway...

Any hobby can be turned into a job if you have enough enthusiasm for bad ideas.

:D:D:D:)

Can I use that in a story? I'll credit you.
I have a story in progress, that I just figured out an ending for today. This would be a perfect intro for it.:kiss::kiss::kiss::rose::rose: Pretty please.:eek:

What are your LIT goals?

For 2015 I have the following LITEROTICA goals:

Providing unlimited supplies of bullshit

and continuing scouriesworld's irrelevance on all the threads in AHland

...for starters anyway...

Fixed your post.

For the most part, my Lit goals were accomplished years ago. #1 on that list was to suck people into my PnP fantasy world, so I could bring those characters back to life and share them with others again.

As it stands, I eventually want to finish "Sisters of the Mists". I want to get a new story out in the "Magic of the Wood" series annually -- preferably for Earth Day. And, I want to keep this pen name active so I don't fall off the bottom of the most-favorited authors list.

For the most part, my Lit goals were accomplished years ago. #1 on that list was to suck people into my PnP fantasy world, so I could bring those characters back to life and share them with others again.

As it stands, I eventually want to finish "Sisters of the Mists". I want to get a new story out in the "Magic of the Wood" series annually -- preferably for Earth Day. And, I want to keep this pen name active so I don't fall off the bottom of the most-favorited authors list.

One good mother/son stroker will boost you a few notches on that list, the response to those still blows my mind.

One good mother/son stroker will boost you a few notches on that list, the response to those still blows my mind.

I already ( arbitrarily ) decided that Les gets all the M/S stories. No real reason for it, but once I establish a line for one of my pen names, I tend to stick to it.

I've only dropped about 5-6 places to 201 in my recent 5 months of dead air, so as long as I get some of my WIPs out, I should be good.

Just need to work in a few between my Les stuff, which is dominating my time at the moment. Have my next Wood story in progress, my Nude Day idea is Les, and I have part 2 of Jackin' Jill to transition into.

Last edited:
I just like writing. Normally it's science fiction, but all the gay/lesbian stuff has to go somewhere.

I have many goals. I ignore most of them. Survival is up there, although painless survival is the ideal. (Painless death wouldn't be too bad.) Catching up on fingerings is another -- I play various string and wind instruments with slightly different tunings and fingerings. I get dizzy sometimes when I forget exactly which whistle or lute I'm working on. (I just sold a piano today; I suck at keyboards.)

My current LIT goals are modest. Write again. That's all. Finish-off some hanging series, sure, and a few one-offs that've been hanging fire for a few months. Then I want to concentrate on flash fiction, hot vignettes. Just kick my ass to get me going, okay?

Last edited:
At first when I saw this thread I thought I didn't really have any goals besides just writing things I like. But after thinking about it, I think I do have a goal in that what I'm trying to achieve is to write sex-positive stories about topics that are usually not written that way. With the risk of sounding pretentious, I'd like my stories to be seen as having clean values but dirty sex (paraphrasing erotic film maker Erica Lust). I have no idea if I succeed or not, but that's the goal as far as I have one.

Goals? We don' need no stinkin' goals.

My estranged wife has been badgering me for years to take up writing. She says that I'm good at it. I can't see how that can be since I never used to do any and the only example she had was a bad freshmen English paper.

But I got the urge if not the muse.

After three years of feverish concentration I finally realized I didn't have any ideas. lol

Then I got to looking around at some flash fiction sites which got me thinking I might be able to do that. If I just had an idea, and experience, and some talent.

So I looked for a smut...uh um adult erotica site because everyone knows this stuff is garbage anyway so no one would ever know if I stunk it up. ha ha.

My goals then were;
1)learn to write!
2)learn to use active voice.
3)Learn to write short fiction.

Needless to say in just over a year I have learned none of those.

Now my goals are to;
1)Tell a story the way it wants to be told.
2)Create effective word pictures (i.e. write strokable fuck scenes).
3)Consistently enter contest.

A shout out to you wordsmiths out there; listening to your thoughts on writing and reading your stuff has been invaluable learning opportunities. Thanks ever so much. And I am in awe of your productivity.

At first when I saw this thread I thought I didn't really have any goals besides just writing things I like. But after thinking about it, I think I do have a goal in that what I'm trying to achieve is to write sex-positive stories about topics that are usually not written that way. With the risk of sounding pretentious, I'd like my stories to be seen as having clean values but dirty sex (paraphrasing erotic film maker Erica Lust). I have no idea if I succeed or not, but that's the goal as far as I have one.

Sounds good.

Yeah, this kinda sounds like me as well. Actually, maybe minus the 'clean values' part. My writing is all fiction, and it's intended to be erotic and stimulating, so many times I think that the moral compass needs to be a bit out of whack.

Besides a goal of "write stuff", I would have to say that a primary goal is to finish off the dozens of partially completed stories. Most of my backlog are stories that started off with what I thought was a delightfully erotic premise, but partway through I either ran out of steam or I decided the direction it was going was too unbelievable to continue with.

One thing that didn't seem at first like a goal for the year was to try to get paid for my writing. It's been a "I'll get around to it" type of thing, but now that I think about it, I want to do that soon. I'll make it a goal for the year to publish my smut in e-book format and maybe get some beer money out of the deal.

My goals are to write stories with characters that people care about -- quirky, likeable, flawed, and realistic...characters that readers can relate to. I don't want to just write sex scenes; I want to write stories that have sex scenes in them. I love posting on Lit because I can get immediate feedback from random strangers -- because I am not exactly comfortable passing my racy stories around to family, friends, and co-workers to critique. I don't have a huge readership or amazing scores, but I think all of my scores are 4 and above, and the comments I get are mostly positive. It seems to indicate I've found my niche and my stuff resonates with people that are looking for something more than a quick stroke story.

My goal over the next 2 years is to try to get something published on an e-book site, or on Amazon Kindle. I'm just now starting to research how to do this. I realize I won't make big bucks, but I'm hoping to retire early in about 6 years, and I'm exploring ways to supplement my income when I do. If anyone here has successfully published e-books, I'd love to hear about your experiences -- either on this thread, or feel free to PM me.

I generally write things just to excise them from my head, and once written it's a waste not to share them. Of course I want as many people as possible to have the opportunity to enjoy what I have written, but there's only so much you can do on that front so I don't stress about it much. It turns out it is quite gratifying to get high votes and favorable comments, but I'm not dependent on them either.

Back