Changing Literotica "Celebs" Category to "Fan Fiction"?

... any of those stories would be appropriate in the category.
When I (remove head from ass and) finish my historical tale of two real 19th-century naturalists, celebs in a fairly small world, and even if I throw in Annie Oakley and John Wesley Powell, I'll post to Romance or Mature or EC -- because those categories grab eyeballs. How many readers see Celeb/FanFic stories? Two dozen? More than read the Poetry submissions, anyway. :rolleyes:
 
If they do expand the category description to include fanfic, it might increase readership -- there are entire websites devoted to fanfic, with a very high readership for erotica. Dreadful as FSoG is, and as insipid as the source material was, it's probably the biggest fanfic success story out there. But I've read some quite amusing and entertaining Harry Potter and Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanfics.

When you do pull your head out and get that story finished, make sure to link it in your signature line -- sounds intriguing, I'd like to read it. :D
 
When you do pull your head out and get that story finished, make sure to link it in your signature line -- sounds intriguing, I'd like to read it. :D
Oh yes indeed!

Synopsis: TS Brandegee was a noted explorer, plant hunter, and scholar. MK Curran, the second woman to graduate Stanford with an MD, ran the Uni of California's botany program. My story was inspired by a single line in their extensive historical record: They married in their mid-40s. For their 1889 honeymoon, they walked 600 miles from San Diego to San Francisco, "botanizing along the way". The story explores that 'botanizing', yes? :heart:

I'm still not sure of a title. THE BOTANISTS, or BIRDS & BEES & FLOWERS ETC, or SIX-MONTH HONEYMOON, or... ??
 
Like most others, I think the renaming of Celebs to Fan fiction is long overdue.

For the rest, as sr says, it is crazy to create further categories.

Move the tags to the top of the story and encourage writers to give a brief intro.


The last thing we need is more sub-division of cats. It's Stalinistic.

I guess you haven't extended this analysis to 'Loving Wives'
 
I guess you haven't extended this analysis to 'Loving Wives'

No. Like I said, the suggested filters were drawn from another site that serves a different function.

Not being particularly familiar with the LW category, I'd only be able to hazard a guess. It seems like the big divider for readers is do they get away with it or don't they. I imagine a selectable levels filter for those options and Don't Care would probably suffice, but my knowledge here is pretty thin.
 
I'm still not sure of a title. THE BOTANISTS, or BIRDS & BEES & FLOWERS ETC, or SIX-MONTH HONEYMOON, or... ??

My vote: Birds and Bees and Flowers Etc.

That would get my attention, and sounds appropriate for the time period and subject matter =)
 
My vote: Birds and Bees and Flowers Etc.

That would get my attention, and sounds appropriate for the time period and subject matter =)
Sounds good. I'll put SIX-MONTH HONEYMOON HIKE in the description slug. And if I leave out Annie Oakley and Mark Twain, it won't have to go into Celebs -- so it might actually get read, hmm?
 
Back
Top