The Reckoning (closed for CurtailedAmbrosia)

Richter nodded, moving as Eva directed. She knew more about this process than he did and he didn't want to have any false moves as a part of this jump. He swallowed as she molded her lithe beautiful body around his, trying not to focus on that. Instead, he let her get into position and took a deep breath as they stepped forward out of the closet. For a moment, he thought that it hadn't worked, that they were still in the dark building.

That's when he felt it.

A strange feeling over his whole body. It was like wearing a wet suit over his armor. There was no direction either. There was just the platforms beneath their feet to give a sense of "down". The sky, if that was even the right term, seemed angry that they were there, but couldn't do anything to them. The familiar blue energy made him breathe easier.

He followed Eva's lead, stepping forward carefully as he wasn't sure if the blue disks would keep appearing. But they did. Each footfall supported by an expanding disk of blue. He didn't want to look at Eva; he wasn't sure if anything he might do might break her concentration and ruin this jump. But he took her explanations to heart. It had to be a singular experience for her to do this dozens of times, over and over, in a fight. Maybe she was even older than she looked because of how long she would spend in this dimension between jumps. That would be a discussion for another time, however.

Richter kept his eyes forward, looking for some sign that they were coming out of this jump. He had no idea what to look for and relied on Eva to tell him when they were getting close. He wasn't sure, but he realized he was holding his breath most of this time. Taking a slow breath, he wondered if he could even fathom what he was breathing. Was it air that they brought with them? Was it air that existed in this realm? Again, he filed these questions away for later.

Her fingers tightened a fraction on his upper arm and in his hand, a sharp intake of breath-and then suddenly he'd find himself on the roof, the helicopter somewhere below them but currently out of sight. He would note they were not on the edge of the building where the closet was-but more in the middle. The space traveled in the other realm did not directly correlate with the space traveled in reality.

Something about her relaxed, that anxiety tapering off for a more confident, relieved tone of voice, the collected Eva he knew.

"Good. Let's go."

And then they were gone again, back in the realm-which looked and felt even more hostile than before. Three steps. They were suddenly on the roof next door. Four steps in the nothing-and now on the next roof. And the next and the next and the next.

Each time they reentered that other realm it had more of that malignant red energy, those red arcs intensifying and seeming to strike her blue protective aura with more and more violence, demented intensity.

Finally the helicopter blades were a distant, faint noise and she stepped away from him, her hand slipping loose of his and the realm jumper turning to look back, hazel eyes troubled but at least less afraid.

They jumped again and again. Each time, the red ribbons grew angrier. As they continued to lash at the blue constructs around them, Richter looked over to make sure that Eva was okay. He was not prepared for what he saw. Religious scholars have argued over how to characterize what an angel would look like to mortal men. Richter didn't need to hear their debates; in this place of anger and evil, Eva was as close to angelic as he could imagine. Her skin glowed, her very hair was radiant and her eyes were unto jewels. It stole his breath to look at her. As they kept jumping, he wasn't sure what to say so he kept to himself.

Eventually, it was clear they had lost their pursuers. They stood alone on a rooftop nearly a mile away. Richter finally acted, kicking open the door at the top of the building so they could get out of sight. He turned to her and held her shoulders, looking into her sad and troubled eyes. Still at a loss for words over what he saw, he hugged her to his chest. "Thank you... I'm so sorry for getting you wrapped up in this... I'll make it up to you somehow. I promise..." He finally said as her body felt molded to his by how effortless every move was for Eva.

He let her go, looking in her eyes. "We have to get off the street. We may have to lay low at my place this time," As he was talking, he activated some device on his wrist. "I do have some questions, Eva, but not here. Is that okay?" He asked.

Her eyes snapped back to him as he kicked in a door and, nearly in the same breath, turned to her and took her by the shoulders. She had no idea what he might be thinking-about her, about their close escape, about what to do-not with that mask on, not without being able to see his eyes.

For a moment, she didn't know what to say-and then he drew her to him in a tight embrace, the woman stiffening a moment-and then relaxing against his harder form, an uncertain lift of her own arms, almost as if she wasn't sure what to do.

"Thank you... I'm so sorry for getting you wrapped up in this... I'll make it up to you somehow. I promise..."

She hugged him back, thankful he hadn't been shot, and thankful he hadn't been lost, either. His thanks, his apology-both made him seem suddenly, strangely vulnerable to her. "I'm just glad you're safe. There...there are no debts here." She said softly before he pulled back and away from her.

No...no debts.

"I do have some questions, Eva, but not here. Is that okay?"

She nodded. There was something wrong with this attempted set up, she agreed. But he wanted to go to HIS place? Eva frowned. Did he not trust her League apartment? Maybe he didn't want to presume?

"I'll go with you, then." She affirmed softly.

Richter nodded. He was glad that something about tonight felt off to her as well, but that was not what all of his questions were going to be about. "Come on..." he muttered as they hustled down the steps and found there way out the back of the building. Just like his old whiz kid from The League designed it, he looked down the alley in time to see his truck roaring around the corner and coming toward him. It parked before them both and once again, Richter opened the door for Eva before hopping in himself.

He drove off, heading for the industrial part of town. As they drove, he looked over. "How are you feeling? Any ill effects from taking someone else into... that place?" He asked, not sure yet what to call what he saw.

Eva trotted down the stairs behind him, the graceful former ballerina light footed by nature, naturally stealthy. They hit the back alley and she was mildly surprised to see his truck already turning down it for them-but heroes seemed to have all sorts of convenient tech, so she supposed this was no different. She gave a nod as she stepped up into the truck, fastening her seat belt as he moved around the truck for his own door and seat.

"How are you feeling? Any ill effects from taking someone else into... that place?"

"I was never worried about me." Eva said quietly, her hands folding themselves neatly in her lap as she watched the road ahead. "It took doing, but stepping is one of the least draining of my abilities, if I am not going far. I had just...never taken anyone with me before. I was worried I wouldn't be able to keep track of you-and it's not a place you want to be lost in." The pretty redhead cast him a worried glance. "It was a risk. Thankfully, one that did not have dire consequences-I was strong enough to take you with me, and more importantly-back out again."

She was quiet for a few rolling miles, then- "I'm not sure what its real name is. My...teacher only called it 'The Other'."

Richter listened as she explained her worries. "Well, then it's a good thing you had a firm hold of me during the trip. Again, thank you for taking that risk. I'm sure if was a leap for you." He said, letting the trip pass in silence for a while. As she talked about what he saw, he furrowed his brow as such a nondescript moniker for that dimension.

"Just 'The Other'? He never talked about what it was, where it existed?" Richter probed, suddenly very curious about how her powers worked.

"In the world of magic, names are very powerful, very dangerous things." Eva's quiet, soothing voice was clear within the muted cab, somewhat mesmerizing with its calm.

"It is possible he withheld the name from me for this reason." Her thoughts drifted as she watched the road, briefly distracted and distant as she continued.

"My magic is drawn from the arcane energies that swirl here." Her voice was barely above a whisper, a swirl of blue at her finger tips. "His is powered from what he draws from there. It is stronger. He is stronger. The red spikes, the constructs...that is what his magic looks like. That is what his magic feels like." Eva shivered, crossing her arms as if she were cold. "I never finished my training, Reck. I don't know how to tap into those energies-and I don't want to know."

Richter nodded at her answers. It seemed there was a deeper story to tell there, but tonight was not the night to delve deeper. Keeping his eyes open, he turned into one of the dock yards. Driving around through the rows of containers, he pressed a button in his car and two side-by side containers opened up like a garage door. It was clear the doors were false and remounted on hinges to allow his truck to roll in.

Once through the doors, they descended a ramp, turning to the right as they made their way down. Finally parking in a concrete room, he hopped out as florescent lights came on around them. Just on the wall next to where he stopped was a heavy security door with an RFID reader beside it. With a wave of his hand, the door beeped and heavy metal bars could be heard sliding out of the frame as the door lock disengaged. He pulled the door open, holding it for Eva. From the thickness of the door and the hinges it used, it had to be heavy yet The Reckoning moved it without issue.

Beyond the door was his equipment and mission prep room. On the board in this room were all the plans he had for infiltrating the meet tonight. It showed a great deal of prep work and information gathering. Sadly, it turned out all to be for naught. There were racks of weapons in the room, all of them non-lethal. Mostly they were back ups for the tools he carried most of the time, but some specially created toys for specific case scenarios.

"Through here..." he said, opening a door across the room. The security door closed on its own behind them, the metal bars relocking once closed. The room beyond seemed like an entryway. Just a small empty 20 by 20 foot room with doors leading off the 3 other walls. There, Richter stopped and turned around. "This is my safe house. A place I use in case I can't go home. There is a bedroom through there..." he points to the door on the right wall. "You can use that if you like..."

Richter paused as he considered what to say next. She had opened up to him and told him some of her secrets. Maybe it was time she learned some of his. "You can have more free range, but in doing so, you'd learn who I am... and learning that might get you in trouble with your bosses. I have to ask if you're comfortable with me taking off the mask knowing what it could mean for your future with the League." He asked. This was a big line for him to cross and he didn't want to do so frivolously.

Eva glanced to the indicated door without comment. She hadn't come here to sleep, she had come here so they could make a plan, try to figure out what the heck had happened, who was behind this.

In the empty room, her hair was a bright pop of color, the navy standing out against the grey.

Her brow furrowed as he spoke. "...contrary to what you might think, I don't hurry home and report on every detail, Reck." She said softly. She seemed mildly sirprised that he was willing to share anything of himself-but she couldn't deny being curious.

They had worked together for months and she had revealed more than she had previously with anyone else.

She hesitated a moment, then went on. "They...warned me to stay away from you." She admitted, slightly uncomfortable. "When they sent me here."

"...who are you, Reck? I know there's history between you and the league, there was no hiding that." She uncrossed her arms, a step forward. "I want to help you, and...we're allies aren't we?"

"We are, Eva... better allies than I've had in a very long time. That's why I need you to make this decision with open eyes. If you follow me through that door..." he says pointing at the door opposite the one they came through. "You'll be changing our relationship in a fundamental way. Are you prepared for that?" He asked again. His damnable mask made it hard to read his eyes so it was hard to know how earnestly he wanted this.

Eva's gaze shifted from his mask to the door.

There need be nothing but a professional working relationship between them, and they had that already. This new scenario could be resolved under current conditions, she was sure of it.

Besides, she knows better. It was time to turn around and walk away. Let him keep his secrets, his own counsel. Nevermind the League, blink, or her professional commitments-she needed to protect -Eva-.

But he wanted to tell her who he was. He wanted to tell her what had happened between him and the league. Maybe because he had entrusted his very life to her, and she had seen him through. Maybe because he had carried such things alone for a long, long time.

She was worried for him.

Eva took yet another step forward. This time one of her graceful, delicate hands reached out and took his larger one. She gave him a small smile.

"Open the door, Reck." She said softly.

Richter smiled gratefully behind his mask. So long he had been doing this alone. Eva had been a terrific partner in his new fight for the soul of the city. She deserved to know the whole story.

Or maybe he was tired of lying to her.

Either way, he turned around and opened the door across from the entry door. Pushing through, he stepped into a room that looked like a combination living room and kitchen area. That was not what drew the eye, however. Sitting against the back wall opposite the door stood a glass case about the size of a phone booth. Inside stood a mannequin with a uniform on; it was Richter's old uniform from his time as Vanguard. On the wall around it were old newspaper clippings and magazine stories about Vanguard and the old League.

As he stepped aside so that Eva could see it completely, Richter leaned on a counter that divided the kitchen area from the living room as he bowed his head forward so he could reach the release of his mask. Unhooking it and twisting the locking ring open, he pulled the mask over the back of his head and set it on the counter before turning back to look at Eva. He looked older than his picture in all the clippings. He knew how long it had been since then.

"I keep this here so people don't stumble over it by accident at my actual residence. So far, you're the only person I've brought down here and seen this..." He gestured to the case. "I hope it makes sense now why the League warned you off of meeting and working with me." He went a step further and undid the hidden clasps that held his chest armor on and set it on the counter beside his helmet. His ballistic nylon shirt under it clung to his body as he stretched from a taxing day.

Turning back to blink, he walked back over, extending a large hand to her. "Richter Jones. It's lovely to finally meet you, Eva." He said, smiling slightly.

Reckoning said nothing, merely turned and opened the door to reveal a more comfortable looking area, and-

"Oh." Oh.

There had been a few considerations as to who he might have been under that mask. Quiet, personal theories she had considered during a sleepless night or two over the past few months.

This had not been one of them. Vanguard had disappeared one night and never returned as far as anyone knew...or had been told. No one talked about Vanguard in the League. It was just...one of those topics newbies whispered over but didn't dare bring up to the veterans.

Eva looked over the various articles and photographs, her fingertips pressed to her navy painted lips. Reckoning was Vanguard. She had been working with -the- Vanguard.

"I keep this here so people don't stumble over it by accident at my actual residence. So far, you're the only person I've brought down here and seen this..."

Eva turned around, her green flecked, hazel eyes reflecting her surprise. Made sense? She's not sure it does. If they know who he is, why weren't they trying to convince him back? Why would they warn her away from him? Did they think him a bad influence or something? Why withhold such important information...?

She studied his face before he turned to remove his armor, setting it aside-another glance to his old costume, the articles. This was...this was a shock, but really-he was still the comrade she had been working with for months. It shouldn't change much of anything...except for this new, wary disquiet for her superiors.

It was nice to finally see his face. The man under there.

His smile curved her own lips, accepting the handshake with a dazzling one of her own. "Charmed." Vanguard. The Reckoning. Richter Jones.

"...this is out of left field, I must admit. But...it's good to finally know you." An open handed gesture before she glanced back at the costume, then to him.

Richter nodded and smiled. She seemed to take this news in stride which made all of this a lot easier. "I hope you know why it was important to get out of there tonight. If my real identity came out as a result of them arresting or, more likely, killing me, it would be a bad look for The League and keep them from getting involved in what's going on in the city. If their fingerprints were on my case, they would be accused of trying to cover something up. Then, the people that set me up tonight could operate without any superhero oversight... and all my work is undone..." He said sighing as he moved past her to sit down on the couch and start working his boots and leg pads off as well.

"If you're going to stay a while, we have plenty of food in the kitchen. It's all shelf stable; never know when I may need to be down here for a while. It's not the freshest, but it's tastier than you would think," he said idly. "The water is self contained; I have a purification system that pulls right off the river. It's all functional; sorry it's not more comfortable."

He set his boots down beside the couch as he sat back, the adrenaline starting to wear off as he sits back. "So... anything you want to ask now that you know who I am?" Richter asks, looking over as he rubs his scalp through his short cropped hair.

"I'm not really the one who has to lay low." Eva pointed out, a glance back into the kitchen. Food was the last thing on her mind after tonight.

"We need to talk about what happened tonight-it's going to be everywhere..." She needed to talk to the League. They would help, wouldn't they? It's not like they would want her to hunt him down, so to speak-especially not with what he pointed out about the near discovery.

But the public might. She needed to know what the company line was. Eva exhaled. "Tomorrow. We can talk about it tomorrow." She decided, the graceful, lithe bodied woman slipping out of her bomber jacket, hanging it over the back of a chair. He'd see the v cut in the back of the dancer's blue leotard, the delicate indent of her spine and shoulder blades, the toned muscle of her back. She removed the fingerless gloves and slipped them into one of the jacket's pockets.

She took a seat on the other end of the couch, crossing her long legs in a ladylike fashion. The flecks of green in her eyes stood out in this lighting, contrasted sharply with the sheen of her dark red hair.

"I...don't want to pry." Eva said slowly, the fingers of her left hand smoothing over the arm of the couch in distraction, her gaze on them. "But...I mean, you obviously aren't with the League anymore." She's quiet, then glances to him again. "...so why not? Did...did you leave?"

He must have. She had suspected him of being booted out, but now that she knew he was Vanguard, that theory was out the window. He had BEEN the League. The only way he wasn't part of it now was if he had left.

"We need to talk about what happened tonight-it's going to be everywhere..."

"You're not wrong... even worse, this might be the impetus that The League uses to bring me in. It's one thing if I'm doing good work; it's another if I'm a wanted murderer. That's something they can't ignore." Richter said as she set his leg pads down on the floor next to the couch. Sitting there in his tight clothes he wore under his armor, Richter's body was nearly on full display. His muscles stretched the fabric and looked like it took some effort to slide the form-fitting garments on.

He tried not to stare when she slipped the bomber jacket and gloves off. He tried not to admire how good her body looked under the uniform, but he would have been blind not to see it. He put his leg up on the coffee table, just in case he got a little excited. He wanted to hide it as best he could.

"I...don't want to pry. But...I mean, you obviously aren't with the League anymore.... so why not? Did...did you leave?"

Richter let his head drop. He figured he'd have to answer this question when he brought her in. It really was the only question that mattered. He picked his head up and looked over at Eva. "I suppose I owe you an answer to that question after tonight... Yes, I did leave The League. It was my choice; it wasn't forced on me. Early on, I love The League. We did so much good work and it was for all the right reasons. But then, Hollywood and Madison Avenue came calling... as soon as money entered the equation, everything changed. Soon, heroes were being admitted because they tested well or because they would make a good spokesman as well as a crime fighter. Not long after, I started hearing more people talking about portfolios than about crime syndicates. We were doing the work, but as people outside The League directed us. It was like our criminology and detective work were all being outsourced; The League was turning into a SWAT team more than a crime prevention unit."

Richter got up, walking over to the case. "That's not why I joined the league at the start. I didn't want to be a band-aid. I wanted to attack the root of the problems; I wanted to break up criminal rings, expose corruption and I wasn't getting to do that in The League." He turned around to look at her. The passion of one of the Founders of The League was still there in his eyes; after so many years alone, cynicism from working against the criminal element in his own city hadn't diminished his drive.

Eva frowned. "They'll talk to me first. I'll vouch for you Reck. They...they'll want to help you, they'll help ME help you, I'm sure of it." She believed in the League, it was obvious.

For her part, she's trying not to notice just how...big he was. His muscles were outlined in that dark, tight fitting fabric, a man still very much in his prime. Given what he was, she imagined he might never quite be past it. Earlier, in the closet...and when he had drawn her close into an embrace on the rooftop-for every bit as slender and lithe as she was, he was hard and decidedly masculine. The differences were compelling, in a detached sort of observation.

But she wasn't entirely detached, was she? It wasn't like her to think of men as...well, men. Not like her at all. It never quite had been until...well. Best not to think about such things.

But it wasn't just his build, his physical appearance-he cared about this city. As rough as he wanted to pretend to be, have that hard exterior for a hard world, he cared. It was at his core, so much of who he was-and as she listened to what he said, it only solidified what she knew of him.

But...what must he think of her? A slight frown appeared on her navy painted lips. She still believed in the League...but some of what he said...

"-a good spokesman as well as a crime fighter."

She lowered her gaze to her graceful hands, running her fingers over her palms. The League did push, and often, for her to attend press releases and public showings, galas and political rallies.

She did not like crowds, as she had told him. Even when she had performed...

She hears the conviction in his voice, the soul of a man standing for justice, wanting to prevent crimes before they could happen, wanting to protect.

"The League was...it is my best chance to make a difference, to use my abilities for good." She said softly, her gaze still on her hands, head down, her beautiful red hair somewhat hiding her face. "There is no blink without them. The other things...I don't seek that out. I'm not sure why they try to trot me out like that...sometimes, I feel less like a hero on a team and more like a show pony..."

Her voice got very quiet towards the end, the woman still composed, still effortlessly elegant-and yet saddened, a small smile curving her lips as she looked back up at him. "...you must not think very much of me, Richter, and...I can understand that."

"...you must not think very much of me, Richter, and...I can understand that."

Richter couldn't believe what he was hearing. He crossed to the coffee table before the couch and took Eva's hands in his. "How could you think that? You saved my life tonight. You wield powers I couldn't possible comprehend or control. If I seem condescending, I apologize; I've just been at this a long time and lost a lot of gung-ho rookies that equated superpowers with immortality. I... don't want to lose you like them..." He bit his lips as a bit of his own honesty leaked through before he could stop it.

He got up again and turned away from her. "Sorry, that was... a bit much probably. You're a great hero and just what this city needs, Eva. That's what important." He said, trying to turn the discussion away from him and his feelings about Eva. Ever since she came into his life it was hard not to think about those eyes, that hair and the body that goes with them... he kept trying not to think of her in those terms, but it was hard to the point where he couldn't fight it anymore.

On top of that, she was lovely, unchanged by the pressure, her light undimmed by the media exposure. "And I wasn't talking about you; it's clear you didn't choose to be the poster child. They forced that on you, which I think is unfair. But there are those that would jump at the chance for the limelight you stand in, and they're what's wrong with The League." He said, turning around, hoping he'd shown her that she was wrong about how he felt about her.

Last edited:
Richter seemed surprised, moving back towards her a fast, urgent clip, taking one of her graceful hands in his larger one.

"How could you think that? You saved my life tonight. You wield powers I couldn't possible comprehend or control."

Eva's eyes reflected surprise and then a bit of embarrassment, a fetching blush faintly coloring her cheeks. She never...she never entirely knew what to say when complimented, when held in high regard.

He thought well of her. Not a child, not a fool, not a puppet-but a hero in her own right. Something good for the city and...maybe good for him?

And his confession, his vulnerability-he hadn't meant to say it, she could tell, but it made him suddenly vulnerable, this strong, veteran hero of the old world. She was quiet for a heartbeat, her eyes on his broad shoulders, listening-and then he turned back around, looked down at her, tall and yet nonthreatening, just..honest. She didn't know if she entirely believed that the League had lost its way, but what she -did- know was that Richter threw himself into this fight with everything he was or had. He was more dedicated, more direct, more -involved- than many of the heroes she knew.

And he worried for her safety with a care she wouldn't have expected from anyone, let alone him.

The former ballerina rose to stand, her eyes studying his a moment, seeming to look into his heart, his soul, seeing the good there.

She should know better. But she couldn't deny that worry, that care. This was different than before. No one was worshiping anyone-just two vulnerable people in a rough line of work, doing the best they possibly could for the community they served.

"I was so afraid of the unthinkable, taking you with me on that step." She confessed, one of her graceful hands moving to his chest, settling gently over his heart. A tentative touch, her eyes briefly focused on it as if she found his heartbeat reassuring. That he had lived. That he had not vanished into The Other, slipped from her fingers.

"I...don't want to lose you either, Richter." She said softly, her eyes lifting back to his. It was true. Not just because the city needed him, but because...he was one of the good ones. She was worried for his safety too. She cared what happened to him, what challenges he faced and would face-all of it.

Richter sighed at the touch of her hand to his chest. In that moment, he was reminded of how long it had been since a woman touched him in such a familiar way. It was even longer since a woman as beautiful and lovely as Eva did it. His large hand slid over hers, holding it there against his heart as his other hand gently rested on her hip, pulling her closer to him. He had no words for this moment, for any words would ruin it. Her lithe body stepped up to his and he closed the distance before leaning down and pressing his lips to hers.

He couldn't help a soft groan of relief and release as he deepened the kiss. He'd thought a lot about this moment and gave into it quickly. Probably quicker that Eva. He could feel her reluctance at first and broke the kiss. He felt slightly embarrassed and looked into her eyes as his face hovered before hers. "Sorry, I thought..." he started to say, unsure if anything he could say could be an apology.

His larger hand moved to cover hers, something sweet to the gesture that it absorbed the whole of her attention-she hardly noticed the one at her hip until he pulled her a little closer to his larger form, his heart thrumming beneath her fingertips. Her eyes flickered back up to his in the quiet calm between them.

She suddenly realized he was going to kiss her-and then he did. He was warm and the kiss was tender, caring-and seemingly long awaited. Like the hug, she didn't seem to initially know what to do. She hadn't been kissed in years. She had -never- been kissed like that.

She stared at him, her beautiful eyes widened just a fraction, navy painted lips slightly parted in surprise. His heart beat had quickened, and her own had increased to match it.

"Sorry, I thought..." Her other hand suddenly pressed a finger to his lips, her eyes warm, tender and accepting. Her hand moved from his lips to touch his face, gentle, graceful, maybe a little wondering. "You thought right." She murmured softly-and popped on tiptoe to kiss him back, her soft chest against his hard one, their hands still pressed over his heart.

It was like the embrace-hesitant at first, but then fully committed, as if his gestures of tenderness encouraged her own, made it safe to offer him the comfort of her gentle touch.

"You thought right."

Richter smiled at her simple words before she kissed him back. As she had to get on her toes to do it, his hand on her hip slid around her back to lift her petite body up against his. She was traditionally petite, just in comparison to his body. Her lips were so perfectly soft and so was her body: soft but tight in the right places.

He seemed to revel in the kiss, enjoying it and making it last maybe a beat too long. He sighed as he set her down on her feet and his hand on hers reached up to caress her cheek. He looked deep into her eyes, wondering what today might bring. "I don't want you to feel obligated... and I really don't want to rush things. We can take things as slow or as fast as you want. Things between us and with the outside world might get complicated soon. I want you to know I am very much interested in taking this further... but it doesn't have to be tonight if it's too fast for you."

Richter was a careful man. It was clear he had deep passions, but he wasn't driven to abandon reason or careful planning for them. Maybe that's why it was so hard for him to find someone to love; he was driven by his head more than his heart in all things.

He lifts her up against him and her heart beats even faster, her softer form to his hard one, Richter large and warm-she's melting in this kiss. Was this leading to other things? Did she want it to? She was curious and yet anxious, but there was a warmth to her blood and tingles down her spine.

She's a little breathless when he set her down, almost dazed before her green flecked eyes focus on his, the intimacy of eye contact bringing color to her face.
His hand moves to caress her cheek. He's gentle despite being so much larger.

This was leading to other things. Maybe. Was it too fast? She doesn't want to seem easy, lose his respect. They had been working together for months, but she had just learned his name today. Minutes ago in fact. She had been so afraid of losing him, but did her care, the feelings she tried to ignore-were those reciprocated? Or, like before, did he think her a pretty thing, something to possess, conquer, own?

Trepidation and worry begin to crawl into her thoughts, her anxiety rising. It's not enough to drown out or subvert her feelings, but it was enough for her to take caution.

She wants to stay. He wasn't asking her to stay, but he was telling her he wanted her to. She should know better. If they stayed professional, there was no way for things to turn bad, for her to be hurt. Richter wasn't Xander, but she also wasn't very experienced in the way things worked, not how they normally worked. Her shyness was more at fault here than her fears.

"I...I trust you Richter. I just don't usually...it's been a long time, a-and-"

Her lipstick had left blue on his lips. How would that look on his neck? His chest? Her fetching blush deepens and Eva swallows, looking away.

Last edited:
Richter smiled warmly. Maybe he had the wrong idea about a woman that looked and acted like Eva. Maybe she was more sheltered than he thought. He was looking forward to learning everything about her in the months and years to come. He gently cradled her head in his massive hand, his thumb rubbing back and forth across her cheek.

"Don't worry. We can take it as slow or as fast as you want..." He said, leaning in again and kissing her a bit deeper. She felt so soft and tender, so pliant and yielding to his whims. Still, he felt her own passion, her own desire in the kiss. She wasn't giving in, rather she was following where he would lead so far tonight.

As his lips found their way to her neck, his other hand slid over her lower belly, tenderly touching her body through the leotard. He smiled, loving how soft yet tight she felt. Soft velvet skin over tight muscles, trained by dancing.

Richter leaned back as he gently brushed the hair back from Eva's face. He wanted to look into her eyes, to see if she was still okay with one possibility tonight might bring.

Last edited:
Back