What New Thing Have You Tried Today?

RedHairedandFriendly

Too much red on Red?
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Posts
112,724
I tried a Spicy Buffalo Chicken Griller from Taco Bell with - extra extra meat and cilantro rice. (My daughter made it special for me when she got off work last night and I saved it for breakfast this morning).

My review - the reason I had her make it with extra extra meat and the rice is because I think it had way to much sour cream and lava sauce compared to meat when I first tried it. I wanted to see what it tasted like with real substance and adding the rice was my own thing. After enjoying my hearty burrito, I believe having it the way I asked for it was the best thing ever, but I need to ask for more sour cream or lava sauce, because it was a tiny bit dry.

So what have you tried today that was new - food, craft, story genre (reading or writing), or maybe you decided to arrange your bedroom in a Feng shui way. Whatever it is, share. :D
 
Does talking to a member of lit for the first time count?
 
New thing #2 -

After hearing suggestions from some Litsters, I started taking Apple Cider Vinegar Tablets to help with acid reflux.

I know - this is an exciting thread!!
 
I learned - thanks Wyldfire - that adding tags around a picture link's URL embeds the image in the post instead of just showing the link.

You have to also have the 'Show Images' option turned on in your profile.

9 months on Lit and I never knew this. LOL. :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
Tried on a new pair of jeans today. Bought them 2 sizes down - I know, ridiculously hopeful, but they kinda (well nearly haha) fit. Give me a month :D

Plus I received a 'Beginners Guide to Tai Chi' t'other day so that's on the agenda for something new this week too. Can't wait.
 
Bought a new computer with Windows 8. It's gonna take some time to get used to it.
 
Not happened yet but I will be trying a new spice that I have never used before today ... Za'atar.... it sounds interesting and delicious.
 
Tried on a new pair of jeans today. Bought them 2 sizes down - I know, ridiculously hopeful, but they kinda (well nearly haha) fit. Give me a month :D

Plus I received a 'Beginners Guide to Tai Chi' t'other day so that's on the agenda for something new this week too. Can't wait.

Very nice goals!! :D

Bought a new computer with Windows 8. It's gonna take some time to get used to it.

You are a brave brave man. I've heard scary things about Windows 8. :eek: (I'm looking into buying a new computer in Feb. I can upgrade it to Windows 8 for 14.99. You'll have to let me know what you think.)

Not happened yet but I will be trying a new spice that I have never used before today ... Za'atar.... it sounds interesting and delicious.

Za'atar, that does sound different. What is it used in? And yes, I know I could look it up, but then we shut down yet another form of communication. :D
 
Also tried a mini one of these:

ChocolateCandyShop_BOM.png


Assorted mini chocolates blended with dark, decadent cocoa fudge and creamy vanilla soft serve.

This was like eating one of those little box of Russell Stover candies that have four different little candy treats in the box and of course the yumminess of Ice Cream.
 
I made hot chocolate this morning. Not the prepackaged sort but real, real hot chocolate....OMFG, yummy. I even mixed it with my coffee.

Yeah, so nothing spectacular but it was new. :eek:
 
I made hot chocolate this morning. Not the prepackaged sort but real, real hot chocolate....OMFG, yummy. I even mixed it with my coffee.

Yeah, so nothing spectacular but it was new. :eek:

That's spectacular because it is NEW and it's CHOCOLATE!!!!! :D
 
Does Faceb**k count? It was new to me, but I tried it. Don't think I'll be doing it again, though - far too complicated by half! :)
 
Sleep.
If you knew how my last 3 weeks+ have been, you would understand
 
Well, it wasn't today, it was yesterday, but I didn't see this thread 'til today, so...

Ritz crackers spread with cream cheese topped with hot pepper jelly. I know, it sounds weird but it was so good! A friend suggested it.
 
I flirted with a complete stranger... and he flirted back!
 
Back
Top