Scientists Cover-up ‘damaging’ Climate View

I do. What makes you think that a 50 year trend is going to reverse itself in 4 years? That data goes to 2010.

It looks like the data goes to 2008, and then stops. What makes you think a fifty year trend can't reverse itself? It seems clear there's been little to no surface warming since about 1998 from everything I've read. Perhaps even a little cooling.
 
None of you stupid lefties have a clue what's happening, except the bullshit alarmist crap you're fed by the silver ponytails you worship:

This article contains an update

9/19/2012 @ 12:14PM 339,128 views
Antarctic Sea Ice Sets Another Record



Editor’s note: An update from the author has been added to this article on September 20, 2012.

Antarctic sea ice set another record this past week, with the most amount of ice ever recorded on day 256 of the calendar year (September 12 of this leap year). Please, nobody tell the mainstream media or they might have to retract some stories and admit they are misrepresenting scientific data.

National Public Radio (NPR) published an article on its website last month claiming, “Ten years ago, a piece of ice the size of Rhode Island disintegrated and melted in the waters off Antarctica. Two other massive ice shelves along the Antarctic Peninsula had suffered similar fates a few years before. The events became poster children for the effects of global warming. … There’s no question that unusually warm air triggered the final demise of these huge chunks of ice.”

NPR failed to mention anywhere in its article that Antarctic sea ice has been growing since satellites first began measuring the ice 33 years ago and the sea ice has been above the 33-year average throughout 2012.

Indeed, none of the mainstream media are covering this important story. A Google News search of the terms Antarctic, sea ice and record turns up not a single article on the Antarctic sea ice record. Amusingly, page after page of Google News results for Antarctic sea ice record show links to news articles breathlessly spreading fear and warning of calamity because Arctic sea ice recently set a 33-year low.

Sea ice around one pole is shrinking while sea ice around another pole is growing. This sure sounds like a global warming crisis to me.

Update: To provide more perspective on global warming and Antarctica, I would like to update this column with some additional information:

As meteorologist Anthony Watts explains, new data show ice mass is accumulating on the Antarctic continent as well as in the ocean surrounding Antarctica. The new data contradict an assertion by global warming alarmists that the expanding Antarctic sea ice is coming at the expense of a decline in Antarctic continental ice.


The new data also add context to sensationalist media stories about declining ice in small portions of Antarctica, such as portions of West Antarctica and the Antarctic Peninsula (see here, for example). The mainstream media frequently publish stories focusing on ice loss in these two areas, yet the media stories rarely if ever mention that ice is accumulating over the larger area of East Antarctica and that the continent as a whole is gaining snow and ice mass.


Interestingly, a new NASA study finds Antarctica once supported vegetation similar to that of present-day Iceland.

“The southward movements of rain bands associated with a warmer climate in the high-latitude southern hemisphere made the margins of Antarctica less like a polar desert, and more like present-day Iceland,” a co-author of the NASA study reports.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2012/09/19/antarctic-sea-ice-sets-another-record/

Read here as well:

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/...ice-area-sets-another-record-nsidc-is-silent/

Anthony Watts.. The former weatherman, climate change expert. :rolleyes:
 
Oh, you mean he isn't a dope smoking silver ponytail in San Francisco, right? He can't possibly have a clue because only the looney left has been blessed with real knowledge, right? Fuck you.

Seems like you get a bit snippy when you've been shown to be a retard.
 
Oh, you mean he isn't a dope smoking silver ponytail in San Francisco, right? He can't possibly have a clue because only the looney left has been blessed with real knowledge, right? Fuck you.

No,, I mean he isn't anything even close to resembling qualified to make the claims that he does. Put aside for a moment that he's funded exclusively by the Heartland Institute. :rolleyes:

Watts admits “I'm not a degreed climate scientist” on his "Watts Up With That" profile, and his primary credential appears to be an American Meteorological Society Seal of Approval. The AMS Seal of Approval is a discontinued credential that does not require a bachelor's or higher degree in atmospheric science or meteorology.

Watts's “About” page mentions neither his Purdue attendance nor whether he graduated. Watts has refused to say whether he graduated, and a number of direct queries to Watts to find out if he graduated from college were rebuffed.

So you hang your denials of climate change on a weatherman who won't even verify if he even graduated from college with a Bachelor's degree in meteorology or anything else.

Excuse me if I dismiss his opinion out of hand.
 
Last edited:
None of you stupid lefties have a clue what's happening, except the bullshit alarmist crap you're fed by the silver ponytails you worship:This article contains an update

9/19/2012 @ 12:14PM 339,128 views
Antarctic Sea Ice Sets Another Record




That about covers it.



.
 
Just a friendly reminder to you libs to clip your nails. Don't want y'all to scratch yourselves plunging your fingers in your ears to block news of another of your sacred fallacies unraveling. (The first being president 0.)

Kidding aside, you should entertain a touch of reality beyond the D-rat talking points.
 
I just proved you to be an idiot.

No, you didn't. A two year old article from an unqualified blogger doesn't remotely detract from the fact that your original c+p was utter bullshit.
 
It looks like the data goes to 2008, and then stops. What makes you think a fifty year trend can't reverse itself? It seems clear there's been little to no surface warming since about 1998 from everything I've read. Perhaps even a little cooling.
There's been little to no surface cooling.
 
Unqualified would be you, pompous ass.

No, unqualified would be Anthony Watt, former weatherman who admits that he has no degree in climate science. In fact, he won't even confirm that he even graduated from Purdue with a degree in anything.

You fucked up, again.

Don't worry, I don't expect you to admit it, you never do. :cool:
 
LMAO. You posted a lie. Again. And got caught. Again. Own it for once in your cowardly life.

That spineless piece of fucking shit wouldn't own being wrong for calling up, down or left, right....he doesn't have the fortitude or the character. He's the turd that champions individual liberty while actively promoting and voting for the police state.
 
Back
Top